• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 18 November 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

I say let the game designers be the game designers

leave them alone so we can actually get CW

they can always change it later down the road

Exactly, I mean these guys have done so well for the last few years...... :blink:

#42 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:57 PM

SO basically YOU think the rest of humanity is going to suit up and follow your good lead? LOL. not gona happen. I am talking from a massive player base need not just my own wish.

#43 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 18 November 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

I still think we should have two different pilot 'slots', an IS one and a Clan one, and we can apply groups and CW play separately to each. Maybe something PGI could look into post-Phase II?

Oh, I would love to have that feature, I just don't think PGI will do it. There are plenty of marketing reasons not to.

#44 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostXeven, on 18 November 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

SO basically YOU think the rest of humanity is going to suit up and follow your good lead? LOL. not gona happen. I am talking from a massive player base need not just my own wish.

no, you're talking from your own personal standpoint. You don't speak for ANY majority.

and yet once again, you have your game mode in the pub queues. It's so sad that there's an optional game mode that is being added where you can't play in the exact manner you want. Don't play it then.
Problem solved

#45 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

Nah side switching is a problem in every game like this. Locking them is SOP. This actually has more casual locking than say WWIIOL did.

#46 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

Now that I think about it. Since I cannot expect sensibility. Time to Canx the Resistance purchase and keep the Wave 2. If I gota choose sides I'll go with the clan. Really must wonder what the future holds. Eventually and soon, it all gets uddy just ask Anastasius Focht.

#47 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

Especially if they give out bonus stuff for doing well...everyone hops to the side doing well, makes it suck.

No, you have to have side locking.

#48 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:08 PM

It is not about majority. It is about expense.

#49 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 November 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Maybe lock your account to your IP? Thats not perfect either though, Every time the power is dced from my router I get a new IP, then there are all kinds of ways to change it yourself.

What ways would you suggest OP? Dont just come up with a problem, thats nonconstructive (I know, I think Im having a stroke too). Try to help be a part of the solution (ow my brain).

but it does not change your router mac address or your PC on board or Ethernet/ wireless mac address

#50 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

WWIIOL, Planetside, Airwarrior, Warbirds, Aces High, all have side locking. Otherwise it just doesnt work. One side always gets better toys in the meta that develops, or has some sort of advantage, and because of the lowest common denominator ruling, all that happens if you DONT side lock, is that everyone gravitates to the winning side...and the game dies.

Minor frustration or losing a few players who rage out over it, isnt a good reason not to lock people to specific sides for at least a decent period of time ( a month or so)

#51 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

You can't . Like I said I can have 100 accounts, play both sides multiple ways. Silly proposition to attempt to control customer. It will cost them sales.

Never mind. I just want to move my IS purchases to another account. That will solve my silly problem. K thanks.

Edited by Xeven, 18 November 2014 - 04:11 PM.

#52 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostKraftySOT, on 18 November 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

Minor frustration or losing a few players who rage out over it, isnt a good reason not to lock people to specific sides for at least a decent period of time ( a month or so)

amen

#53 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

And yeah if you want to play both sides, get your wallet out.

You can easily accomplish both, with 60 bucks and a few weeks play time.

So...do that.

If youve dropped 100 dollars on the game in the past 3 years and played....at all....you shouldnt have a problem. As for new players...who cares. The last thing I want is some 4 week old noob losing my planets for me.

View PostXeven, on 18 November 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

You can't . Like I said I can have 100 accounts, play both sides multiple ways. Silly proposition to attempt to control customer. It will cost them sales.

Never mined. I just want to move my IS purchases to another account. That will solve my silly problem. K thanks.

Cost them less sales than a stale lopsided CW which would be the final nail in this games coffin.

And so stop ******* whining lol

#54 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostDavers, on 18 November 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Oh, I would love to have that feature, I just don't think PGI will do it. There are plenty of marketing reasons not to.

Yeah, it's suppose you're right. Though it could also have marketing benefits- a lot of players don't buy the packs because they're sticking with a single faction, and this would allow them to use them all. It'd also make the angry players that feel like they need to use every 'Mech they have happy.

Though obviously I'm no marketing expert. It'd be something interesting to ask PGI whenever they do questions next, I think. :P

#55 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

I mean to be fair, its like youre asking for a world war two themed game, with German Shermans, and British Tiger IIs.

They belong on the side they belong on. Sales or no sales.

The sales you lose because you cant have a German Sherman, are largely mitigated by the people who would walk away if you DID have a German Sherman.

That people are even questioning this is kind of mind blowing.

Get a second account, open the wallet.

First world problems :P

#56 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:15 PM

I can change my IP any second you ask me too.

My wallet been open ask the company here LOL.
IM 46 been working since 14. I can buy mechs...

Edited by Xeven, 18 November 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#57 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

And frankly, multiple accounts, cancelling orders, changing your IP, is gonna get you banned, and all your toys taken away :P

So theres that.

#58 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 18 November 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

Yeah, it's suppose you're right. Though it could also have marketing benefits- a lot of players don't buy the packs because they're sticking with a single faction, and this would allow them to use them all. It'd also make the angry players that feel like they need to use every 'Mech they have happy.

Though obviously I'm no marketing expert. It'd be something interesting to ask PGI whenever they do questions next, I think. :P

So if people had a second account for Clan/IS mechs, then PGI can say they doubled their player base. It's a big win for them.

#59 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostXeven, on 18 November 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

I can change my IP any second you ask me too.

My wallet been open ask the company here LOL.
IM 46 been working since 14. I can buy mechs...

then create a second account and buy mechs for that side
problem solved again

#60 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

Ultimately, this is the future for CW unless they can balance it. For me...Ill buy any and all interesting Mechs. That is where their future survival lies.

If Clans have advantage all new player will go there. Makes more economical sense to let the customer decide what they want to play.

Nope. Been here since beta and have done ALL the above multiple thousands of times.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users