• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

View PostLeragie, on 18 November 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

A dude from my house/clan/guild/whatever asked PGI if he could trade in his Clan mechs for their MC value because he was going to be strictly IS due to the House we are in being strictly IS (Davion loyalty shttooofff). Anywho, he was refunded the MC and was able to spend it on IS mechs that he is going to use in CW.

The reply is going to be something along the lines of "I don't wanna have to do that. I want it all"

#82 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

View PostTrollvomiT, on 18 November 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

I'm honestly not trying to sound mean or rude or anything, But don't you see how letting players choose which side they play on daily could cause problems? I could see many people just constantly switch to whatever faction or clan was doing the best.

Honestly the OP has shown a complete inability to see past his own nose in any way.

He seems to think that in online pvp video games the "customer is always right" applies. As long as the customer in question is him.

Edited by Hoax415, 18 November 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#83 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostHoax415, on 18 November 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

He seems to think that in online pvp video games the "customer is always right" applies. As long as the customer in question is him.

There's about 4-5 threads on the front page you can apply that to

#84 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 November 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

lol irony

I want the game catored to MY wants but not yours

Seems like thats the argument you think everyone else is making

Hehe ... I think the point he is making is that the current game and regular queues ARE already catered to what the OP was calling for ... being able to drop in any match on any side with any mech you own. That is essentially the definition of the game as it exists now. CW is simply an extension to the game based on some of the Battletech lore involving the various factions ... the entire purpose of CW is to supply an optional factional warfare feature where folks choose sides and submit themselves to mech restrictions and loyalty constraints ... so it isn't really a matter of being what he wants ... it is simply a definition of what the game feature is and has always been planned to be.

If you want to get drop ship mechanics added to the regular queue as another game mode that folks could then drop in with whatever mix of mechs they want ... then you should probably put it in as a suggestion.

#85 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:37 PM

View PostMawai, on 18 November 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Hehe ... I think the point he is making is that the current game and regular queues ARE already catered to

exactly (which I thought I explained pretty clearly)

#86 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostDavers, on 18 November 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

So if people had a second account for Clan/IS mechs, then PGI can say they doubled their player base. It's a big win for them.

No no, I mean a separate in-game 'slot' that you could switch to within the game, not so much another account. Just for CW. So you might be playing for the Federated Suns in one and having fun with your Centurions, then you might switch back to your Clan slot and play for the Falcons with your Mad Dogs.

#87 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 November 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

No, once again, if you can't understand the difference between an entire game being catered and the one and only hardcore mode not being catered to that more casual style, there's really nothing more to talk about with you

Yeahy sorry you had to admit youre arguing against your own point and that youre a hypocrite

#88 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 November 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

lol irony

I want the game catored to MY wants but not yours

Seems like thats the argument you think everyone else is making

What's the point of catering "hardcore" CW mode to random players that don't care about the lore anyways? They can have fun shooting each other in PUGs and doing e-sport stuff in private lobbies. The whole point of CW is that it is (somewhat) lore-based.

You think this game would even be here if it wasn't for the players that care about the lore of the franchise?

#89 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 18 November 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

What's the point of catering "hardcore" CW mode to random players that don't care about the lore anyways? They can have fun shooting each other in PUGs and doing e-sport stuff in private lobbies. The whole point of CW is that it is (somewhat) lore-based.

You think this game would even be here if it wasn't for the players that care about the lore of the franchise?

Yea, because other games offering a hardcore mode (which is EXACTLY what PGI has called CW) "soften" it up to match the other easier modes
At least I can see people exhibiting a little common sense understand

#90 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:51 PM

... I haven't read through all of the replies, but I get the feeling this is another one of those arguments where someone wants CW to simply be another public queue.

Guys. The public queue caters for that. The point of CW is to cater for us lore and 'hard-core' fellows. If you remove that, then there's really no reason to play CW other than the map overlay which I have a feeling wont be the crux of CW that many feel it to be.

It reminds me of all the casual players in War Thunder that want sim and realism modes to be the exact opposite... :mellow:

#91 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:54 PM

The bottom line is that what he wants is bad from the lore/purpose of CW perspective and the balance/fun CW perspective because people jumping to the winning faction and pop balance between factions spiraling out of control is a very real concern and potential problem that fixed contracts rather than absolute no strings freedom is meant to address.

That makes OP's position just plain bad for those of you scoring at home.

A one-time split for people who would have bought their clan stuff on another account is fair because that was a possibility all along and they were spending money with imperfect information.

Also as someone else said if you ask nicely PGI will give you MC back for the value of your IS or Clan mechs probably if you know for sure you are never going to switch factions under this system.

PS the threat that you'll spend less money if you don't get your way is, as always, incredibly childish. I'm usually halfway convinced that anyone who says that **** is too young to be spending money on games unless they are just using their parent's credit cards.

Edited by Hoax415, 18 November 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#92 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 18 November 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

... I haven't read through all of the replies, but I get the feeling this is another one of those arguments where someone wants CW to simply be another public queue.

Guys. The public queue caters for that. The point of CW is to cater for us lore and 'hard-core' fellows. If you remove that, then there's really no reason to play CW other than the map overlay which I have a feeling wont be the crux of CW that many feel it to be.

It reminds me of all the casual players in War Thunder that want sim and realism modes to be the exact opposite... :mellow:

ding ding ding
It makes me happy to see that those who use a little common sense see it for what it is.

#93 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostMawai, on 18 November 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Hehe ... I think the point he is making is that the current game and regular queues ARE already catered to what the OP was calling for ... being able to drop in any match on any side with any mech you own. That is essentially the definition of the game as it exists now. CW is simply an extension to the game based on some of the Battletech lore involving the various factions ... the entire purpose of CW is to supply an optional factional warfare feature where folks choose sides and submit themselves to mech restrictions and loyalty constraints ... so it isn't really a matter of being what he wants ... it is simply a definition of what the game feature is and has always been planned to be.

If you want to get drop ship mechanics added to the regular queue as another game mode that folks could then drop in with whatever mix of mechs they want ... then you should probably put it in as a suggestion.

I just find it hilarious he's being a hypocrite about it

#94 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

But 'Hardcore Mode' has more than one meaning. Tonnage limits can be considered 'Hardcore', compared to what we have now. Being forced to use only Faction specific mechs is Hardcore. Maybe even too Hardcore. How many Liao players use only Liao mechs for instance?

#95 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostDavers, on 18 November 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

But 'Hardcore Mode' has more than one meaning. Tonnage limits can be considered 'Hardcore', compared to what we have now. Being forced to use only Faction specific mechs is Hardcore. Maybe even too Hardcore. How many Liao players use only Liao mechs for instance?

nobody said anything about faction specific mechs only. You guys REALLY need to go do the reading and either listen to the townhall meetings or read the transcripts. You guys are making a lot og unfounded remarks about CW, PGI's implementation, PGI's vision, and the overall scope of what PGI has said CW is going to be.

#96 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 November 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

I just find it hilarious he's being a hypocrite about it

You keep using that word, I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean what you think it means. :ph34r:

#97 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 18 November 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

You keep using that word, I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean what you think it means. :ph34r:

I just ignore them when they get to that point. Like I said, anyone with a little common sense understands the difference. Those that don't are just trying to paint it in a completely different light hoping the others in their little fan clubs will "spam" the threads and such with their "majority" numbers which generally equate to about the same 10 or so players

#98 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 November 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

nobody said anything about faction specific mechs only. You guys REALLY need to go do the reading and either listen to the townhall meetings or read the transcripts. You guys are making a lot og unfounded remarks about CW, PGI's implementation, PGI's vision, and the overall scope of what PGI has said CW is going to be.

Ain't nobody got time of dat!

Is there a transcript of the town hall up yet?

#99 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:07 PM

Ever wondered why WoW faction transfers cost so much? To prevent people from freely swapping to the strongest side on a whim. This is a bad, bad thing that happens in EVERY game like this. PGI made the right call.

#100 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:08 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 18 November 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

What's the point of catering "hardcore" CW mode to random players that don't care about the lore anyways?

When has IGP ever given two ***** about the lore/? We have Battlemechs more versatile than Omnis ffs

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users