• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostXeven, on 18 November 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Ultimately, this is the future for CW unless they can balance it. For me...Ill buy any and all interesting Mechs. That is where their future survival lies.

If Clans have advantage all new player will go there. Makes more economical sense to let the customer decide what they want to play.

then PGI will love you and you have absolutely nothing to complain about

#62 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

Mechpacks are really the money makers. "Early access" is what you buy here.

And clans having the advantage is mitigated by the fact that its harder to get into, tho the goal is parity, with a tiny side to the clans to get the map to move.

#63 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:27 PM

What he means is having more than 1 'character' on the account.

World of Warcraft locks your character to a faction but you can have more than 1 character in your account. That way people can make a clan and IS character on the same account, they'd technically be different and can play one side or the other.

#64 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:27 PM

I don't fully understand what the problem is here, unless the OP doesn't understand the whole point of the CW module.

Yes you are "locked in" to your contract that you take in CW for 2-3 months depending on the contract. You know, like an actual mercenary when the sign a contract. Or when you sign a contract in real life. Breaching that contract (like changing to the side that's winning) in real life, and in the Battletech universe has severe legal ramifications.

CW is (at least it's supposed to be) designed around more realistic military ideas, not just "everyone run to the center shooting." The people that this game type was designed for have developed loyalties to certain factions that they plan on fighting for for the majority of their playtime, or unaligned merc units looking for the best payout contracts on the markets.

I may have this completely wrong, but it seems the OP doesn't want to have half their mechs unavailable for 2-3 months. This is understandable, but you can still use all those mechs in normal mode. Outside of CW all your mechs are still playable. In CW though, you bought into a contract for a specific faction. Limiting you mech choice per faction is the only way to prevent everyone from running around in nothing but clan mechs. In a similar fashion, the clan factions invading the IS are represented by front line units. Those units only used front line mechs. IS mechs were left behind as garrison fodder for old ad dishonored warriors not seen useful for combat.

PGI made their intentions with how CW was going to be run pretty clear from the begining, even if it took them a long ass time to get to this point. I think people that bought into the packs (there's a reason I haven't spent anything other than a few cbills on clan mechs myself) should have seen this coming. Would I be opposed to a one time option to split an account into a Clan and IS persona? No I would not. At the same time, I don't feel they should need to. You want to play both sides in CW since you bought multiple packs? Well alternate contracts. If you get bored mid-contract, play the normal mode.

I don't see a problem here.

#65 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostKell Commander, on 18 November 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

I don't fully understand what the problem is here, unless the OP doesn't understand the whole point of the CW module.

The OP (and players like him) understand perfectly. They want CW to cater to them. That's really all that needs to be said. They can argue "why" all they want, but the bottom line is they expect every facet of the game to cater to their wants.

#66 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostXeven, on 18 November 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Seriously...I can just create an email, new account and play the other side anytime I want. What your doing is making me think it was a bad idea to buy Wave 2 and Resistance.

Time to rethink that one.

Maybe allow each account to have two or more Persona's. IS and Clan.

The point is to stop folks from jumping ship as the tides of battle turn.

Oh. IS is losing ... lets all be clans so we can win.

Oh. Clans are losing ... lets all be IS so we can win.

Not everyone would do that obviously ... but likely enough would ... especially if some folks would like to grief the system.

The whole point of CW is some form of "roleplay" and "faction" loyalty. If you don't care for it then just drop in the regular public queues and skip CW.

However, for folks dropping in CW they will have to choose either a clan or IS faction ... and then will be limited to fighting on behalf of that faction and its allies in CW. In addtion, clan factions will be limited to using clan mechs in CW and IS factions will be limited to IS mechs for CW. If you want to run a few matches in a non-faction mech then just drop in the regular queues.

Folks are always free to create new accounts and some folks have both a clan and an IS account for exactly this reason ... but many don't and a new account generally has far less resources ... so the limitation will probably serve to reduce faction flipping at least in the short term.

#67 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:00 PM

View Postkf envy, on 18 November 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

but it does not change your router mac address or your PC on board or Ethernet/ wireless mac address

Ya, I did say it wasnt a perfect idea in the post you quoted

#68 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:05 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 November 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

not sure what you mean? If you want to jump sides you can, you just can't bring those shiny clan mechs with you and vice versa ONLY in the CW queue.

I thought we were all mercs? Even the guys contracted to clans? So why couldnt you use the clan mechs if youre contracting for them lol

#69 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

I understand the concept but I also understand the customer. Which is how they get paid.

#70 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 18 November 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

I never saw rules about not making two accounts? If you have the money for it i dont see the problem. Most people will just keep one account.

Or make the account with Clan mechs a clan account and use alts for IS

#71 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:08 PM

I have 6 computers here in the house. I can change their address by simply playing through my phone hot spot. My Neighbors modem or just change my MAC address. I am a computer coder though so I guess my personal abilities may differ from the average customer.

#72 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 November 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

The OP (and players like him) understand perfectly. They want CW to cater to them. That's really all that needs to be said. They can argue "why" all they want, but the bottom line is they expect every facet of the game to cater to their wants.

Again, multiaccount does everything they want to do

View PostXeven, on 18 November 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

I have 6 computers here in the house. I can change their address by simply playing through my phone hot spot. My Neighbors modem or just change my MAC address. I am a computer coder though so I guess my personal abilities may differ from the average customer.

Again... again. I DID say it was less than a perfect suggestion.

I also said to suggest another idea. I see lots of ppl blowing holes in the idea but none proposing one

#73 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 November 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

I thought we were all mercs? Even the guys contracted to clans? So why couldnt you use the clan mechs if youre contracting for them lol

Maybe you missed the announcement about CW being "lore based" for thsoe of us that have wanted that from day 1? ;)

#74 A big brave boulder of meat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts
  • LocationOakdale, Minnesota

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostXeven, on 18 November 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Was a waste of money to buy into both if your primary play time evolves around CW in the future. Better to let players decide which side to play daily, else less mech purchases.

I'm honestly not trying to sound mean or rude or anything, But don't you see how letting players choose which side they play on daily could cause problems? I could see many people just constantly switch to whatever faction or clan was doing the best.

#75 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 November 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

Again, multiaccount does everything they want to do

Again... again. I DID say it was less than a perfect suggestion.

I also said to suggest another idea. I see lots of ppl blowing holes in the idea but none proposing one

Then they can do that. There's always going to be exploits. It's not a big deal. It still allows those that want that hardcore option and lore basis to enjoy it for themselves. I'm just tired of players like that wanting CW to cater to them when the entire game has been catered to them in everything EXCEPT the OPTIONAL CW aspect.

#76 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 November 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

Maybe you missed the announcement about CW being "lore based" for thsoe of us that have wanted that from day 1? ;)

lol ya I did being that nothing else in this game is.

Where do I go to ***** at them about that? lol

View PostSandpit, on 18 November 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

I'm just tired of players like that wanting CW to cater to them when the entire game has been catered to them in everything EXCEPT the OPTIONAL CW aspect.

lol its gonna cater to me, even if the drop weight is only 240; Ill just bring 2 atlases and 2 lolcusts to suicide in.

Same effect as if I wasnt required to bring 4 mechs really

DAMN FUNNY that you dont want CW catered to them but you DO want it catered for what YOU want.

Pretty typical

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 18 November 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#77 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 November 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

lol ya I did being that nothing else in this game is.

Where do I go to ***** at them about that? lol

lol its gonna cater to me, even if the drop weight is only 240; Ill just bring 2 atlases and 2 lolcusts to suicide in.

Same effect as if I wasnt required to bring 4 mechs really

DAMN FUNNY that you dont want CW catered to them but you DO want it catered for what YOU want.

Pretty typical

Yes, I DO want it catered to me and those like me. This is the ONE section of the game that is. They ALREADY have every single other facet of the game catered to them. if you can't see the difference there I don't know what to tell you.

#78 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 November 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

Yes, I DO want it catered to me and those like me.

lol irony

I want the game catored to MY wants but not yours

Seems like thats the argument you think everyone else is making

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 18 November 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#79 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:27 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 November 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

lol irony

No, once again, if you can't understand the difference between an entire game being catered and the one and only hardcore mode not being catered to that more casual style, there's really nothing more to talk about with you

#80 Leragie

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSaint George, Utah

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 18 November 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

And I'll have Clan mechs.

$360 worth of clan mechs I can't use for CW. I have no sympathy for you.

A dude from my house/clan/guild/whatever asked PGI if he could trade in his Clan mechs for their MC value because he was going to be strictly IS due to the House we are in being strictly IS (Davion loyalty shttooofff). Anywho, he was refunded the MC and was able to spend it on IS mechs that he is going to use in CW.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users