#1 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:15 AM

1:32;00

Has there every been to much brawling? For what i have seen even the srm mechs have XR lasers. I don't think i seen a IS mech run a large laser in weeks haha

Edited by Monkey Lover, 19 November 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#2 Zetrein

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:24 AM

This is the part where I roll my eyes.

This "all SRMs and medium (pulse) lasers" complaint(?) is a direct result of the recent quirks pass. Want to know why people are using all these short range weapons? Because now all these chassis' have all these bonuses for them! You still see the ECM sniper lights, but most other lights/mediums tend towards close/mid-range combat now, because those are what weapons they have quirks for.

Edited by Zetrein, 19 November 2014 - 11:36 AM.

#3 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

Maps are to small for anything but brawling. Game is to pointless for the game to devolve into anything but brawling every time. Objectives? none.....reason not to deathball together? none.....sooo..what do we get? Brawling, duh...lol.

Then to boot, brawling makes it easier to deliever those 80pt lolpha strikes, soooo.......its pretty clear to me.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 19 November 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#4 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 19 November 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Has there every been to much brawling? For what i have seen even the srm mechs have XR lasers. I don't think i seen a IS mech run a large laser in weeks haha
just because youre not seeing it, does not mean its not out there. Im seeing just as many ranged builds as I am close combat builds. Back in Beta, all we see was brawl, brawl, brawl with all weapons. Now Ranged weapons have more bight at range where youre not needed to be in close... so people are indeed using them at range. And close combat weapons (medium to short range) are just as deadly in those ranges... so thats what you are seeing mostly now. There is no need for the LL long ranged ballistics types to be up in your face as they once were.

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 19 November 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Maps are to small for anything but brawling. Game is to pointless for the game to devolve into anything but brawling every time. Objectives? none.....reason not to deathball together? none.....sooo..what do we get? Brawling, duh...lol.

Then to boot, brawling makes it easier to deliever those 80pt lolpha strikes, soooo.......its pretty clear to me.
i sure see a lot of PPCs and LL/ERLL hitting a lot of people from distance now. So IMO, a lot of the needless brawling has calmed down. Im actually seeing people use their ranged weapons and skirting around at range now.

#5 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:38 AM

This is the effect of over nerfing PPCs and THEN introducing mainly quirks for short range weapons.

How unexpected.

#6 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:40 AM

There is MORE brawling than before so it feels like to TOO MUCH. We just need an adjustment period.

#7 Killstorm999999

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

There can never be too much brawling.

#8 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

Don't see a problem with brawlWarrior Online...Not dead 2 minutes into a match from being sniped is a good thing.

#9 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

I see an equal amount of sniping, skirmishing, and brawling.

Engagements usually go through a sniping phase...then skirmishes break out, with snipers adding support...then brawling kicks in.

Finally feels about right. At least in the matches I've been in for the last few weeks.

#10 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostDeltron Zero, on 19 November 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

There can never be too much brawling.

i agree. All i see is range camping .
Alpha
hide
Alpha
hide
cool down
repeat.

#11 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostXetelian, on 19 November 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Don't see a problem with brawlWarrior Online...Not dead 2 minutes into a match from being sniped is a good thing.

This.
Besides, sniper and long range build will always have their niche and maps that cater to them. Short-Mid range combat is what 70% of the weapons in the game are made for and brawling SHOULD be dominating as a result. It's also what makes the lore and Battletech exiting, not the long range peek-a-booming/sniper jump tard meta we had a year ago.

Edited by Ragnar Darkmane, 20 November 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#12 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:47 AM

THERE CAN NEVER BE ENOUGH BRAWLS

#13 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 19 November 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

I see an equal amount of sniping, skirmishing, and brawling.

Engagements usually go through a sniping phase...then skirmishes break out, with snipers adding support...then brawling kicks in.

Finally feels about right. At least in the matches I've been in for the last few weeks.

Problem is the brawling doesnt start until one team out numbers the other 50% then brawling at that point doesnt really matter.

#14 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:48 AM

brawling is way more fun than sniping

I see no problem with it.

All we need now is a nerf to indirect lrms and a buff to direct lrms and artemis.

Edited by Khobai, 19 November 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#15 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:52 AM

LOL.
I said that after nerfing my beloved er-ppc.
And I said ti again when pgi give 1,6 sec (then 1,5 sec) to er-LL... while ER-LL was at 1,0 sec.
And I remember a lot of dev saying "we like brawl", too.

Not too much strange seeing a brawler-fest quite every drop :)

#16 Golden Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 656 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:52 AM

There's not enough brawling.

BAP needs to be rolled back to be equal (180 meters to ECM), not twice its range.

If you want indirect fire with LURMS, than make it so the spotter has to be closer.

#17 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:53 AM

By far the worst play in this game is long rang poking for long periods of time. Now we have less of that and more brawling. I say GOOD. Lets keep more brawling :)

#18 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,956 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

I believe personally that it is the Clans and the overall speed increase that has caused the increase in brawling.

All the CLAN heavies are much faster than their IS counterparts in terms of equal firepower, they're able to close the distance faster and with much higher survivability than previously possible.

That quite honestly gives players that feeling of "I'm rambo" and can get away with it much easier.

With PPC's pretty much out of the picture, dealing reliable massive long range damage with anything besides Gauss isn't really a fear in the game anymore, allowing players to push in much faster.

LRM's also aren't as fearful because of Radar Deprivation.

Its a combination of all of that.

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 19 November 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

You missed the faction Weekend. I have a Large on my D-DC and used it quite a bit.

But I don't think we have ever, as a community, said there is to much brawling. :huh:

#20 Raziberry

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostZetrein, on 19 November 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

This "all SRMs and medium (pulse) lasers" complaint(?) is a direct result of the recent quirks pass.

That's not true, I saw brawling like mad a long time before quirks were ever suggested. That's just how a lot of people play; they treat it like any other FPS. If anything, brawling seems to have gone down lately. All I see is a fairly decent balance, and a lot of people who like to complain too much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users