107 replies to this topic

#21 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

Partystarter is certainly a top of the line mech now, and the other variants aren't bad either especially the H, they are IMHO not overpowered though. Remember that the point of quirks is to actually be able to compete with the infamous unholy triad. Does the FS-A really outperform any of the three clan metamechs? Nope, it's fine.

And their quirks aren't that extreme either, 15% range and heat for the A SPLs. And you're still a light with <200m effective range that can be one shotted by high alpha assaults, you still don't get high scores for free in Firestarters.

What is needed is a quirk pass for the suboptimal clan mechs and the IS mechs that didn't get competitive quirks. Especially those mechs that were placed in tier 1-2 and got a double whammy penalty for ECM and JJs (doesn't really make sense to reduce quirks for ECM or JJs when that is what got them into a high tier in the first place.)

And Victors were cluelessly tiered based on the old poptart meta that no longer exists, without that they are really nothing special and should be quirked like everything else.

#22 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

Give it some time. The meta only recently changed. More changes are coming. These knee-jerk reaction posts make reading the forums a chore.

#23 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:55 PM

View Postchaas, on 20 November 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

Give it some time. The meta only recently changed. More changes are coming. These knee-jerk reaction posts make reading the forums a chore.

It is these posts that make change happen in this game, sadly. The IS children whined enough to get them to nerf everything clan. They did not "wait: for a quirk pass, they just screamed NERF IT till it happened.

#24 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 20 November 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

It is these posts that make change happen in this game, sadly. The IS children whined enough to get them to nerf everything clan. They did not "wait: for a quirk pass, they just screamed NERF IT till it happened.

notice how he referenced ALL those threads? smh

#25 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

The nerfs were needed because even the good IS mechs that didn't need a bunch of quirks paled in comparison to clans and their weaponry, mostly because the clan lasers were ridiculous, so some adjustments were made and now it's more even.

#26 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

What was the win % of the first clan vs is test again?

#27 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 20 November 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

The clans are under powered. Anyone claiming otherwise is blinding themselves with prejudice. IS mechs have MORE customization, more pinpoint damage, and the clans have more damage (spread out a lot more) and LRMs that have some damage under 180m. The quriks have taken away their range advantage and DPS superiority in most cases

While my clan mech gets 50m more range, it gets half the damage. and the FSA runs 30 kph faster. with a **** ton more armor.

Clans OP?
Not even before quirks.

Clans UP?
lolno

I've played the clan mechs, they're ok.
I've played the IS mechs, they're ok.

Just quirk clan mechs, like the nova and others.

Edited by Burktross, 20 November 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#28 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:10 PM

Clans were curbstomping IS 'Mechs 9:1 once the Clan Mechwarriors figured out how to use their 'Mechs. Between the introduction of Clan 'Mechs and that moment, Clan and IS were somewhat on even territory. Since then, the IS 'mechs were relatively worthless until the quirks came up. It's an ebb and flow. Like I said, give it time. You filthy clanners don't get to pick clan 'Mechs and auto-win against IS pilots in this game.

#29 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 20 November 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

The 8 Small Pulse variant its as bad as the pre-nerf boom jegar or splat cat.

Small Pulse Laser = 4 damage
8 Small Pulse Lasers = 32 damage

Every mech is capable of doing 30+ damage dumps, most of them dont have to get within 200m to do it either

#30 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

It wouldn't be such a big deal if you could actually hit the danm roaches. I cant count how many times I've ac20'd, PPC'd lasered of all size and shapes, SRM'd these things for no / barely any damage. Its worse than the spider. Fix the hit reg / hitboxes on them PGI and then it can be fixed (or not) from there.

#31 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 20 November 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

That the Jenner can steadily fire 6 medium lasers is not fine, it is OP and needs the Nerf Hammer of Doom taken to it.

BAWHAHHHAHAAHAHAHA

Steadily fire 6 ML's he says......

Sorry but the Jenner is a walking torso on Legs.

#32 Yiazmat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 531 posts
  • LocationCentral CA

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

Waaaaaa my v-jj hurts! I brought a sniper rifle to a knife fight!

OP, guess what? Most mechs build have a hard-counter. Tired of being knifed to death? Build a ScarmCrow. 5 streak 4/6's make knife mechs run crying. If they can run. I can usually peal off a leg and some arms before they're able to. That just leaves them crying.

"B-b-but steaks are over powered!" Tough it up cup-cake, streaks are hard countered by fast direct fire heavies. I see a Timmy and I'M the one running and crying.

Tldr build a diverse mech capable of handling multiple encounter types. QQ less.

#33 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostMerryIguana, on 20 November 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

What was the win % of the first clan vs is test again?

I really doubt the first wave of testing, as the IS at the time had not had enough time to adjust to the clans yet before the tests were run. Personally the only mech that really gives me any trouble is the Timberwolf, all the rest are fodder to any IS light that knows what he is doing

View PostYiazmat, on 20 November 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

Waaaaaa my v-jj hurts! I brought a sniper rifle to a knife fight!

OP, guess what? Most mechs build have a hard-counter. Tired of being knifed to death? Build a ScarmCrow. 5 streak 4/6's make knife mechs run crying. If they can run. I can usually peal off a leg and some arms before they're able to. That just leaves them crying.

"B-b-but steaks are over powered!" Tough it up cup-cake, streaks are hard countered by fast direct fire heavies. I see a Timmy and I'M the one running and crying.

Tldr build a diverse mech capable of handling multiple encounter types. QQ less.

I agree with most of this except the last sentence, building an all around mech is great in TT, but in the era of PPFLD, you will lose that fight every time.

#34 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 20 November 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

I agree with most of this except the last sentence, building an all around mech is great in TT, but in the era of PPFLD, you will lose that fight every time.

and I can agree with most everything you say against this.
I run and have run laser boats as my favorite builds. They are the exact opposite of PPFLD and I promise you I don't lose the fight anywhere near every time ;)

#35 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 20 November 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

It wouldn't be such a big deal if you could actually hit the danm roaches. I cant count how many times I've ac20'd, PPC'd lasered of all size and shapes, SRM'd these things for no / barely any damage. Its worse than the spider. Fix the hit reg / hitboxes on them PGI and then it can be fixed (or not) from there.

Pretty much this,35 tonner that can survive 2-3 35 point pp alphastrikes is just broken hitbox-wise,i can live with the quirked FS:s but the broken voidshield nature of them really rustles my jimmies.

#36 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

A mech with such a pathetic range really can't be op.......

This game is ruled by long range ppfld, if someones good enough to get within 130 meters of you, they deserve to kick your ass, i mean they did literally sacrifice everything for short range ass kicking.

"this mech is op at point blank range" balanced by the fact its completely useless at anything beyond point blank range.

#37 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 20 November 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

I really doubt the first wave of testing, as the IS at the time had not had enough time to adjust to the clans yet before the tests were run.

It definetly wasnt perfect. But it was most likely the deciding factor in clan nerfs and not "forum crying".

#38 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 20 November 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

You say that like i care about any other weight class. I am saying why did a top chassis get buffed so heavy any way? they nerfed ECM into useless now, the raven is in need of quirks more then the FSA now.

you posted your post like anyone cared about your complaints...

#39 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostMandyB, on 20 November 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

Dont forget the clan mechs are also getting quirks soon, so just deal with it until then its not a big deal.

yeah..the mist lynx needs some serious armor/structure quirks

#40 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:51 PM

lol

View PostBulletsponge0, on 20 November 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

yeah..the mist lynx needs some serious armor/structure quirks

And the Dire Wolf. Speed tweaks.