Economy: Finally Sold Off 3/4 Of My Is Mech Due Poor Rewards And Extreme Cost Of Modules

828 replies to this topic

#61 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostFelio, on 04 December 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

Weapons are included when buying the robot, and buying more is just part of customizing it. You also only need to buy a weapon once, and you can use it on many robots.

That was actually a great rebuttal, so kudos to you on that one.

Endo, FF, DHS, and Artemis still aren't taxes though...

Edited by Fut, 04 December 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#62 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 04 December 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

I honestly don't get this. I have a bunch of modules, but why would I need more than one of each? It's a routine for me, once a match is over and I want to switch mechs, I go into the modules and pull them, go into the cockpit and pull my stuff (don't make that dirty), then hit "Save."

Then? I install whatever on the mech I want to run. Unless you're magically running two mechs at once, why would you need multiples? Granted, once CW hits, you might need 4 Seismic or arty modules, but you're making it sound like you need unique modules for every mech you own. You don't.

I think he means for CW where he is dropping in 4 mechs at a time and thus needs all of them to have modules. though he only needs 2-3 for each of his 4 mechs

Edited by Brody319, 04 December 2014 - 10:15 AM.

#63 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 December 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

Addiction? :huh:
or as i posted in other threads... some "Clan" units are making their members get rid of IS mechs and equipment to make room for Clan stuff. I know this because i have a few guys that have recently joined my merc unit that were once in Clan units and this is what their units are making their members do to be in those units lol.

#64 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 04 December 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

or as i posted in other threads... some "Clan" units are making their members get rid of IS mechs and equipment to make room for Clan stuff. I know this because i have a few guys that have recently joined my merc unit that were once in Clan units and this is what their units are making their members do to be in those units lol.

Whats that got to do with them needing all teh Module slots filled on every Mech? Or did I misread another post? :huh:

#65 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 December 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

After (Black)Market Products. Ever try to buy something the government deemed illegal?

I have not even bought Dep or Seismic. Don't need em to kill others and not afraid to let other try to kill me first. So not Needed. Maybe strongly advised, but not needed!

I can too but you really should try them. They've considerably changed how the game can and is played.

I'd be ecstatic if they removed seismic completely, for one. It'd help flankers and brawlers a lot.

I've got three seismics and two derps right now. I could buy the rest if I wanted to but that's eighteen million I don't want to part with right away. Between them, derp is better depending on what you're doing.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 04 December 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#66 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:30 AM

Rewards suck if you have a bad match or a string of stomps,......it happens but when your in your groove and everything is going peachy king! The money can flow. I am always short on cash because I am always trying to find that build that suits my playstyle. Sometimes it takes a long time and a lot of changing. Like you I have many mechs with no hope of ever filling them all up with modules but I am trying. Rewards can be great though. I broke over 400000 in a match yesterday. That was one hell of a payday but I worked hard for it and was only slightly intoxicated.

#67 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 04 December 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

I can too but you really should try them. They've considerably changed how the game can and is played.

I'd be ecstatic if they removed seismic completely, for one. It'd help flankers and brawlers a lot.

I personally made my first ever MC purchase for the specific purpose of acquiring Seismic faster.

Ever since, I've used it on every drop with every mech of mine except when I accidentally forget. It's just ridiculously powerful (if not overpowered) to know when red team robots are nearby and what direction they're going in. I use it on every mech from lights to assaults, fast and slow, snipers and brawlers. It's just so stupidly good.

#68 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 December 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

Whats that got to do with them needing all teh Module slots filled on every Mech? Or did I misread another post? :huh:
oh, i didnt add that in. Yeah one of our members came over from "a clan unit" wont name it. And in order for their members to stay in the unit, they have to sell off all IS mech and equipment and use that money to buy modules and Clan equipment to maximize them in prep for CW. And its just not that unit thats doing this. I have heard of at least 12 Clan units that are now doing this and im sure more lol.

#69 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 04 December 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

I realized this after I did a month long experiment where I basically turned MWO into a second full time job using every "Real Money" advantage I could and only earned 87 million.

This shouldn't be happening, not for a player who has invested significant amounts of real money into income boosting products and services like premium time and hero mechs.

I think these are the two points that people are missing:

He shoved money into the game to try and fast track, as well as spent pretty crazy amounts of time playing.

Let's see, even at 100K per match (Average w/o Premium or Hero) that's 870 matches. Average Match is 1 minute to connect, seven minutes play time; 8 minutes.

6960 minutes of game time. 116 hours.

That's 11.6 weeks if you play ten hours a week. Almost 6 if you play 20 hours a week. Ok, so, full time job, 40 a week? Three weeks.

Who the hell is going to play for eight hours a weekday for three weeks?

Average w/ Premium and Hero is only 150K. So 78 Hours or so. Eight weeks of 10 hours a week. That you need to pay for premium during.

No, the economy is pretty bogus. I:

#70 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 04 December 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

oh, i didnt add that in. Yeah one of our members came over from "a clan unit" wont name it. And in order for their members to stay in the unit, they have to sell off all IS mech and equipment and use that money to buy modules and Clan equipment to maximize them in prep for CW. And its just not that unit thats doing this. I have heard of at least 12 Clan units that are now doing this and im sure more lol.

What a bunch of Jackholes! I'd leave as well! Having the Mechs for those days when They want to just go stomp the yard in PUGs old school is no business of the unit. So long as they are not bringing them to CW!

#71 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:35 AM

I got a Seismic somewhere........in the 111 mechs I own and may take an hour to find it.

Edited by SaltBeef, 04 December 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#72 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:36 AM

OP, you don't need modules. Noone does. If you set incredible targets for yourslef don't be surprised when the costs become incredible as well.

#73 Commander Kruge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 113 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

Are you putting in permanent modules on all the mechs you play? Swap them around.

#74 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 04 December 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

OP, you don't need modules. Noone does. If you set incredible targets for yourslef don't be surprised when the costs become incredible as well.

Well worded, and straight to the point.

#75 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostCavale, on 04 December 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

He shoved money into the game to try and fast track, as well as spent pretty crazy amounts of time playing.

Let's see, even at 100K per match (Average w/o Premium or Hero) that's 870 matches. Average Match is 1 minute to connect, seven minutes play time; 8 minutes.

That's 11.6 weeks if you play ten hours a week. Almost 6 if you play 20 hours a week. Ok, so, full time job, 40 a week? Three weeks.

Average w/ Premium and Hero is only 150K. So 78 Hours or so. Eight weeks of 10 hours a week. That you need to pay for premium during.

I did a 6 month stretch playing 6-8 hours a night when the Law was in game every night. 116 Hours is nothing at 6 hours a night. its 19 days.
or 29 days to get it done at 4 hours a night. You guys are being silly. That is not a lot of time. Take it from an old man 116 hours is an eye blink!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 04 December 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#76 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:39 AM

I sold off all my IS equipment to help fund my module needs, but I have a rule about selling mechs: Don't.

Got several of the weapon modules I might need and two radar derps. I'll just pick up the rest as I go. Never bought seismic before so I figure I can live without it a bit longer. However, it does seem to be one of the best choices so I will be picking it up.

View PostCommander Kruge, on 04 December 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Are you putting in permanent modules on all the mechs you play? Swap them around.

It is for the upcoming CW game mode. Since you'll be taking 4 mechs out at once some people want 4 sets of modules.

Edited by Rouken, 04 December 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#77 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 December 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

You guys are being silly. That is not a lot of time. Take it from an old man 116 hours is an eye blink!

Unfortunately patience is non-existent in the young.

#78 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 04 December 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

I've got three seismics and two derps right now. I could buy the rest if I wanted to but that's eighteen million I don't want to part with right away. Between them, derp is better depending on what you're doing.
I like how I play it now, but thanks for the advice. :) B)

#79 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 December 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

FTFY. Right now every Mech has to have it. As the later TROs are added to the game, Our Present lot of Mechs will be... Replaced by better (hopefully) more Powerful (Omni)Mechs.

Nah, all of the TROs are filled with mechs that make very bad design choices for fluff and variety, with only a few mechs that are actually built well. Doesn't matter what era. The early IS omnis are especially guilty of this.

#80 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

View PostCavale, on 04 December 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

No... they are not missing it... they got it....and simply come back with, "I love it, why don't you love it too?" you entitled little baby that wants a dire wolf in just a "couple hours" of playing..... "you are being silly...." "who needs them all...." etc. etc. all of these statements and claims go to "prove" that their point of view on the matter is just as valid as the ones that don't agree with them. The only difference is that if things change, earnings improve for all, it doesn't effect what they love doing right now. If things stay the same.... it continues to effect everyone of us that sees it as a real problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users