Important Details Regarding Faction Content!

140 replies to this topic

#81 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:24 AM

Yes, PGI, you have a history of failing to give us the totality of information we need to make an appropriate decision. In order to make an appropriate decision as to what we will, or will not, purchase we need to know every facet of what it is we're buying into. You've done this since Founders, and it's wrong; now that you've separated from the albatross, perhaps you can change this policy?

Also, how about you stop signing me out when I'm in the middle of a post and have already liked three other posts, please?

#82 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:30 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 10 December 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

Also, how about you stop signing me out when I'm in the middle of a post and have already liked three other posts, please?

I think it signs you out 24 hours after you last logged in. Ie a cookie somewhere expires.

#83 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:35 AM

Well, that would be fine, except that when they set this up, they explained that if I logged in within that 24 hour time period, my session would be renewed. I have yet to find that, and I was commenting immediately after it took place, while I remembered. Considering the last comment I made was at 10:07 PDT last night, only eight-and-a-half hours ago, and I had to log in, then, I'm going to raise the BS flag.

Now, one of my friends is constantly telling me how negative I am, regardless of the right I have to be negative, so let me get back to something positive... PGI are doing a lot of things right, these days, despite the fact there are a lot of long-term issues that still need to be fixed, and I've no doubt they will, eventually, get to these, and they are all on the back-burner as we await Phase Two.

That's as positive as you get, buddy, hehe.

#84 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

View PostAxZul Torbin, on 09 December 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

If you pick a clan wave 2 mech you are limited to 3 camo choices (default, poly or faction) the other choices are gone Keira.

They were never there, new mechs need to get their art pass completed to make them compatible with existing patterns and that typically isn't complete until closer to CB release of the mechs.

On a side note. It could be argued that the Mad Dog should realistically come with the Polygon camo as it is sort of made to seem like a bonus mech in the package and the pack came with a free Poly camo.

Having spent $$$$$ money it seems like a small favor and unlocking the clan faction patterns is 95% of the way their. I won't be upset if you don't but it seems fair enough to ask.

I really love all the early content though and the crab is a masterpiece.

#85 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostAlexi Davion, on 09 December 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

Maybe Im just reading this wrong but...
When exactly do we get our IS Faction Warhorns and Camo patterns? I thought it was gonna be with this Patch. and I see the Nice Camo Pattern on the King Crab. (Davion) ..Was this supposed to be available now to the Guys that Got the Resistance package? Oh Im Loving the King Crab its as I had hoped it would be. Sad that You Nerfed my Thunderbolt tho Cries.

IS faction content will be released the patch where the last mech in the package is released (Zeus in mid-March, I think), just like we got our Clan faction content the day our last mech was released (Gargoyle yesterday).

#86 Stormfury

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts
  • LocationThe Verse!

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:53 AM

View PostAppogee, on 10 December 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

Does this mean the Clan Wolf camo can only be show in in the Clan Wolf colors?

Yes with 1 tiny exception being a small sliver of color on various locations. Hardly noticeable.

I'd really prefer we have the ability to change the colors on the camo schemes but I could live with it being overwritten when dropping in CW for a specific factions colors if the intent is to make the factions more immersive. We should have the ability to change these colors though, especially for solo, group queues.

The irony is that a lot of us likely will end up using the Prime variants which don't have the camo at all, thus breaking immersion of all the mechs having clan colors. :)

Edited by Stormfury, 10 December 2014 - 06:57 AM.

#87 Dustdog

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:57 AM

I think that your decision is exactly what the best solution is : locked colors with a small customizable detail but you should have informed the players early on .

#88 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:03 AM

I want my Black Smoke Jag pattern. Please unlock the colors PGI. Thank you.

#89 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostStormfury, on 10 December 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

I'd really prefer we have the ability to change the colors on the camo schemes but I could live with it being overwritten when dropping in CW for a specific factions colors if the intent is to make the factions more immersive. We should have the ability to change these colors though, especially for solo, group queues.

The irony is that a lot of us likely will end up using the Prime variants which don't have the camo at all, thus breaking immersion of all the mechs having clan colors. :)

A couple issues with that "lock for CW" idea:

1. If they did force everyone's camo pattern to the faction camo for CW, you would have people that did not purchase the package getting a "free" camo and colors. That is not fair to those that did pay for it.
2. Likewise, it forces those that pay for other camo patterns to use the faction one. That is not fair to those that have either not had their specific factions colors implemented yet or do not identify with any particular faction (i.e. Lone Wolves, Mercenaries, and Dagger Stars)

I would like to say I would have been fine with it if it had been announced as locked before we purchased it, but that would not be the truth. We could have had a much more open and thought out conversation about it, though, instead of all these feelings of hurt and "bait and switch".

Any time you are changing things, especially when it is for real money, you HAVE to communicate that change ahead of time to work out issues like this. If it is not communicated before hand, it better be one awesome surprise (in our benefit) or fixed very quickly.

Russ did get the Mad Dog situation fixed very quickly, and for that I am very grateful, but the entire reason I was excited about this patch (minus CW itself, which is not here yet) was because I was going to be able to use the CGB faction camo (which is Beta Galaxy, by coincidence) with my Clusters specific colors (which are not exactly the same as the generic Beta Galaxy, though close). So, I logged in last night to verify the issue of locked colors was true, played one match in my new King Crab just to say I did, and then logged off for the night...very disappointed.

Am I leaving the game? Of course not. Am I going to continue to support Russ and PGI as a whole? Of course I am. I love this game. I am not going to say I am not sad, though, and the only thing that will change that is for Dennis and/or Russ to get the issue resolved. I am sure they will, but I just hope it does not take as long as it sounds like it will.

Edit: oh, and the Prime/Invasion thing is supposed to be changed. Supposedly, they are going to make the faction camo work on Prime/Invasion variants as well, though I do not know the ETA on that.

Edited by Cimarb, 10 December 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#90 TorinZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:42 AM

I have to say that I love the camo designs and I am looking forward to seeing the Resistance camo too. But I too was looking to be able to change the colors to match more of my own unit's current color scheme, or even just to fit my color preferences more. The faction camos (Clan/IS) are a lot more interesting designs in my opinion over what is currently available and I am looking forward to purchasing them for mechs I currently own. And I would be OK with you starting with Centurions and Shadowhawks when you start creating the new faction skins for older mechs. Just saying...

#91 Sergeant Miles

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 53 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCA

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

None of this still explains why we can't get Clan Camo + colors for ALL our clan mechs.

Why is it that only certain Clan mech's can get this Clan Camo and color set and NOT all the Clan mech's.

I can only get Inner Sphere paint jobs for my CLAN mechs????? WHAT?

And only some Clan mechs get the clan paint job and colors?

This is broken guys.

I would never take my clan mech to get an IS paint job.

The Idea is just insulting to any clan person.

Come on.. think about.

Why am I putting Inner Sphere paint on my Clan mech? Am I traitor, a spy... NO.. WTF.

How about you make the CLAN camo and colors available to ALL clan mechs?

This should be a no brainer.. come guys.. getter done!

Edited by Sergeant Miles, 10 December 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#92 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

anyone tryed changing the colors on the gargoyle with the cammo patten? it layers the hole thing

#93 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostSergeant Miles, on 10 December 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

None of this still explains why we can't get Clan Camo + colors for ALL our clan mechs.

Why is it that only certain Clan mech's can get this Clan Camo and color set and NOT all the Clan mech's.

I can only get Inner Sphere paint jobs for my CLAN mechs????? WHAT?

And only some Clan mechs get the clan paint job snad colors?

This is broken guys.

I would never take my clan mech to get an IS paint job.

The Idea is just insulting to any clan person.

Come on.. think about.

Why am I putting Inner Sphere paint on my Clan mech? Am I traitor, a spy... NO.. WTF.

How about you make the CLAN camo and colors available to ALL clan mechs?

This should be a no brainer.. come guys.. getter done!

Because there are no IS only patterns yet and the clan only patterns aren't done yet for the wave 1 models. You do realized they have to custom fit every pattern to every chassis right? That takes time and they released stuff early.

View PostFrost Lord, on 10 December 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

anyone tryed changing the colors on the gargoyle with the cammo patten? it layers the hole thing

Known bug, fixed in next patch.

#94 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

Put me down as wanting the colors opened for the camo pattern.

I was looking forward to changing colors on the clan patterns but then after selecting found out that the colors were locked which disappointed me. But if they can changed to be unlocked when there is schedule available to do so I can live with the locked colors until then. Looking forward for CW and unlocked colors. :)

#95 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostDennis de Koning, on 09 December 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Alaric,
Having a tantrum will get you no where.
Claiming my response was bullshit is a little out of line don'tcha think?
I explained our reasoning behind the decision clearly and honestly; if you don't agree, that's ok, you have a right to your opinion.
But you have to admit, we've tried our best to expeditiously address concerns and consider requests you all may have.

I am completely open to modifying the option to customize the colours if the majority of users desire it.
Stating your point clearly, with tact, decorum and well thought-out reasoning will receive a better response than that of poor etiquette.

Considering yours (and others) concerns though, our schedule is quite full so any meaningful changes, if they are to be made, would have to wait until early next year.

I am glad you want to take our opinions into consideration, but I am going to throw a fit here as well, it isn't just one person. I do not have the same issue he does, but here IS my issue, I cannot use my jade falcon or smoke jaguar camo specs on any of my mechs... I wanted smoke jaguar for the spec and cockpit items for my Mist Lynx, the Angreh Kitteh! I have the cockpit items installed, but cannot apply the camo spec (I OWN IT.) I only wanted jade falcon for the greens, I like green its in my top fav colors, I can use them, no big deal to me. Again, I want my content that I paid for, and if I can't use it, I was misled and would like to have something done about it (YES I SENT A TICKET IN TO SUPPORT BUT THEY ARE BACKLOGGED WITH BLAH BLAH)

Fact is, I had to log in and out several times to get all of the content loaded and to see padlocks on content I PAID FOR really sets my turtle in a tizzy guys... why did I have to re-log in so many times, how did an item or 2 end up in stock but not the rest, then a couple more and couple more until I had logged in and out like 6 times?

fix it, fix it now

Oh, and when were you planning on letting us change the spec on the (I) variants, as it sounds like some can do so now, I cannot

Edited by Uminix, 10 December 2014 - 10:31 AM.

#96 JT Black

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

Greetings , respected staff at PGI and our community .

This is a period where December can become very busy month.

Not only we as a community are busy at home and work in general. So is PGI staff developing ,preparing content and deploying patches for their product and our beloved Mechwarrior Online .

As a result i advise everyone to keep submitting ideas so that PGI can readjust new content released which now include the new faction items.

I will put my faith that staff in their offices will note our requests and place them in the things to do list .

This once Community Warfare is released of course.

We also have to consider the holiday period approaching which will affect both us and PGI .

I recommend patience and keep up the good work.

Kind regards

#97 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:00 AM

This whole discussion has me very confused. I didn't buy clan wave 2 stuff, but I did buy the resistance, and my choice to upgrade may hinge on answers to the following questions:

1. The faction camo (skin) can ONLY be used on the mechs provided in the pack. Is this correct?
2a. The faction camo (skin) can ONLY use the faction colors provided as part of the pack. Is this correct?
2b. Specific to each faction skin, that skin must use that faction's colors. I.E. Davion skin must use Davion colors. Davion skin CANNOT use Steiner colors. Is this correct?
3. The mechs provided in the pack are capable of wearing other camo patterns (basic, faction, other). Is this correct?
4. If the mech is using a non-faction camo, it is capable of using ANY unlocked colors. Is this correct?
5. The faction colors are unlocked for ALL mechs, regardless of IS or Clan affiliation. Is this correct?
6. The faction camo that you own can ONLY be used if you are currently flying that faction's flag. Is this correct?

I think an answer from PGI to each one of these questions would open up a much better and easier to follow discussion.

Edited by Big Tin Man, 10 December 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#98 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:12 AM

I know...I'm beating a dead horse here but here's my 2 cents anyway...

PGI....Great Job!! Keep it up. Oh, and take a break at Christmas. (except maybe another 2X XP weekend here and there, or something similar. ;)) You guys have been working hard.

Guys, you'll get better results if you stay away from personal attacks and rude comments. You can make your displeasure known without that. (Besides, you can't win. Don't you know that Canada has never lost a war that it was involved in. :P)

PGI...the only big issue I see is the lack of details in your advertising. And having to hunt for the details. It may be best to have a single link off of the main add that gives all the "up-to-date" information. That should be easy to maintain and keep people happier too.

I also would prefer to be able to change the colors of those camo patterns. Anyone who is nuts about the game will likely choose appropriate colors anyway. And I understand the reasoning as it relates to CW, but for normal play I'd prefer to have fun with different colors of my choosing. The customization is a big part of the fun. ...Plus, it encourages people to BUY colors...aka Money in your pocket. :) (PS...you might make more money if the colors weren't so expensive.)

Oh...don't fix that camo issue with the Gargoyles too fast. I'd like to check it out while it lasts...might be fun. I didn't get a chance to look at it last night. ^_^

#99 Stormfury

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts
  • LocationThe Verse!

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostCimarb, on 10 December 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

A couple issues with that "lock for CW" idea:

1. If they did force everyone's camo pattern to the faction camo for CW, you would have people that did not purchase the package getting a "free" camo and colors. That is not fair to those that did pay for it.
2. Likewise, it forces those that pay for other camo patterns to use the faction one. That is not fair to those that have either not had their specific factions colors implemented yet or do not identify with any particular faction (i.e. Lone Wolves, Mercenaries, and Dagger Stars)

As I said, I prefer 100% flexibility. But you misunderstood my comment.

I would be 'ok' with, not preferred, if the colors for the faction skins got defaulted when used in CW. NOT giving it to everyone for free!

This would give us 2/3rds of the gameplay modes as fully customizable. So you, I and everyone who PAID for the skins would get 100% customization in Solo Queue and Group Queue with the exception being the skins, again when owned and used, in CW would default to the clan colors of your faction.

So if you OWN and drop in a Smoke Jaguar faction skin in Solo it shows your chosen colors. If you drop in that same Smoke Jaguar skin as a Jade Falcon Factioned CW match, it would default to Jade Falcon colors, etc. PGI could simply override the 3 colors with the faction colors.

I know it's NOT what everyone wants, myself included, but it would be a compromise I'd accept as it gives us 100% flexibility in group and solo queues and gives PGI the 'role play' element they are looking for in CW. Ultimately, I'd prefer the ability to change all 3 colors in all 3 drop modes.

#100 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:18 AM

I dont understand all these Freeborns complaining about "camo"? What is that? I guess these people dont even know what a Bloodname is ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users