Community Warfare Queue - How It Works

250 replies to this topic

#21 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

My bad, I thought this was OPEN BETA, not a limited 12-player beta.

I am a little frustrated to hear that I wasted so much time in queue unnecessarily. I'd try to get on TS to form a pick-up group but as it turns out, even in Clan vs. IS, even the IS can't all work together.

#22 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:59 PM

YESSSSSSSSS. GLOBAL CHAT!
It would be great if we could create our own global chats as well? something like / commands:
/join liao
and it'll put you into liao's global chat.
If it remembered these chat channels between log-ins, that would also be extra helpful. It would really help focus forces to specific planets, rather than trying to organize that through the forums.

But all in good time.Those three things listed though would be a great improvement to start with.

as with any chat though, we'll need the option to ignore people, and an ignore list.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 13 December 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#23 JHackworth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:12 PM

1. global chat (already discussed ad nauseum)
2. allowing groups to be made with ANY member of the same faction, not just the same unit will make a huge difference +1

Edited by JHackworth, 13 December 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#24 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

I have a concern. Once a 12 man group is made it will wait for 5 minutes for a 12 man group to be gathered up before launching an autowin situation? So if five 12-man groups are attacking a planet but only two 12-man groups are defending then the planet will change hands due to autowin launches alone?

Not saying it's being abused or happening right now but I can see this systems causing the outcome of community warfare to not fall at the feet of performance or combat but instead at the feet of population imbalances. Before CW kicked off the factions were supposedly even, how is it after the CW launch?

#25 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

I know I am probably tempting fate by saying this, but from my perspective as a solo player in faction warfare the wait times have not been that bad. The first day I did not get in at all, but since then the times have continued to improve. Today all my matches have had a less than five minutes wait.

I think there are a lot more small groups getting involved with faction war then they expected, and full 12 mans still seem to be the exception.

#26 Big C

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

just ahve solo, or insta quue CW matches for eveyrone vs world of blake which doesn't effect the map so you can work out kinks and get CW working. Then remove that so people focus more on each other.

I find the lack of social abilites to be appalling. I play MW know nobody, cannot chat with anyboyd, no common forum, i just insta queue gib people, rinse repeat. Devs need to focus on the clunky interface and making people be able to become social after CW patch. For god's sake no in game voice comm.

#27 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

Russ, it would be interesting to know what the distribution of group size has been in the first few days of CW. There have been quite a few posts on the forum from solo players trying to get in to CW drops (I know I tried to do it, even if I never actually managed to get into a game without crashing). Might be CW can be expanded in future to give solo players more of a role?

#28 EM0ntY

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

Finally good information on this topic! We were all wondering and guessing what happening in the queue yesterday all night because we hadn't a match for more than one hour (group for more than 8! It was really annoying. And it would be really awesome to see who is on which queue on which planet...

But so far, really good work, I like it :D

#29 Kresko

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:12 PM

Also there is one thing I'd like to know or at least explained. Why is there no ability for a player to remain a lone wolf/merc corp and still take advantage of CW. Being forced to choose a faction to participate in it seems a bit unfair to what I believe is a fair amount of the player base.

IMO it is very akin to being force to play maps that we did not want to play a few months back( not that it mattered to me I like playing all three types of matches). Yet the people that whined and cried about that haven't said a word about being forced to choose a faction to play CW.

Unless I am missing something that would allow me to remain a lone wolf and still be able to take advantage of CW.

#30 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

I don't see why groups have to take precedence. If there are 12 pugs queued, the matchmaker should throw them together. The focus should be on getting a full 12 people, not completing groups.

#31 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

all steps regarding reducing waiting times seem good.

i only have reservations with showing the real number in prequeues. the reason is that many solos or small groups if they see 12 guys waiting on the attck or defend on an empty planet they may take them as a granted 12man and just avoid that planet.

i would prefer a visual (maybe colored, red empty-yellow few-green many) indicator so that people know that a planets prequeue is populated but they dont know the exact number

#32 Wookiemart

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

Why all this focus on 12 man premades, I thought it was made pretty clear a while back that people mostly dropped solo or in small groups rather than big organized units. Seems to be a waste of time and energy to cater to a demographic that is the minority.

#33 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

View Postintothefray, on 13 December 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

What I don't understand is how it picks solo people. We decided to try and let everyone go solo last night and see if it could piece together something like that easier. So 4 of us solo queue up for the same planet. Well we're waiting 5 min and another friend comes and we tell him to do the same. Min after that he's launching and we're all still waiting.

I too have had this happen, and would love to know what causes solo players to get picked/not get picked.

#34 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

gotta push that faction chat feature out ASAP.

#35 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostWookiemart, on 13 December 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Why all this focus on 12 man premades, I thought it was made pretty clear a while back that people mostly dropped solo or in small groups rather than big organized units. Seems to be a waste of time and energy to cater to a demographic that is the minority.

Because that "mostly solo fact" was anything but a fact. It was an interpretation of the numbers based upon a very limited group size (2-4) and extremely difficult 12-man system. It is like telling someone they can only drive on the highway if they keep their speed under 35mph, then saying, "only 20% of people use the highway"...

#36 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

Glad to finally hear an update about how you guys will be handling this. Thanks for the info Russ. Your 3 major points will be greatly rejoiced when we get our hotfix.

#37 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

This doesn't seem to solve the problem for solo players though..
If i understand it correctly solo players are currently being used as fillers for larger groups. Even in situations when there are a large amounts of solo players in queue?
For example, if there are 12 solo players in queue are they put together into a 12 man strike team. Or are they broken up to fill up various 11 man groups or w.e

Edited by Tennex, 13 December 2014 - 03:27 PM.

#38 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostTennex, on 13 December 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

This doesn't seem to solve the problem for solo players though..
If i understand it correctly solo players are currently being used as fillers for larger groups. Even in situations when there are a large amounts of solo players in queue?
For example, if there are 12 solo players in queue are they put together into a 12 man strike team. Or are they broken up to fill up 11 man groups or w.e

You are not suppose to be solo-ing this, sorry but CW really is targeted at groups not individuals. If you want to solo assault/skirmish/conquest are still waiting.

#39 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostWookiemart, on 13 December 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Because they are hoping that it will entice all the clanners that left back to the game I imagine. No other logic explains it. Most of the people I know who play this game play in small groups - a unit or a 2-3 man. However, PGI has never done anything to encourage casual or new gamers to take part and CW's priority for 12 man groups proves it.
I don't know how they think this game is going to grow if a new player is going to be at such a huge disadvantage when they start. Why would you wander out in a trial mech, get pounded by a 12 man clan, and continue playing?
As a casual gamer I don't see a reason for me to play anymore either - I don't have time to devote to a clan, I can't even promise I will be free on the same day each week. So I PUG when I have the chance. Sure I could play Assault, Skirmish, or Conquest over and over again - Like I have since I started with the game - however, I was told that Community Warfare would be the cherry on top to the game. Well, for me it is a worthless addition.

#40 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 13 December 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

You are not suppose to be solo-ing this, sorry but CW really is targeted at groups not individuals. If you want to solo assault/skirmish/conquest are still waiting.

Cool, so the big giant feature that PGI has been working on forever - ignoring all the other concerns people had like new maps (no money in new maps they've told us) or addressing the fact that small groups get screwed in matchmaker (they'll get to it someday) - is only for the small amount of people who play this game with 12 or more people.

It would have been nice if I'd been told not to look forward to Community Warfare, instead they've told us CW will make the game even better! It will be AWESOME!

Just not for anyone who is at all a casual player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users