#241 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:56 AM

View PostCimarb, on 31 March 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

Then join a unit. Average wait times were about a minute for us, maybe a little less.

Couldn't agree more.

As soon as these people get it through their thick heads that PGI doesn't care about "solo" or "pug" players, the better off everyone will be.

Everyone here has a choice. Either join a unit, like everyone at PGI and here in the forums says you're supposed to, or accept the fact that noone gives a crap about you or the real money you may have funneled into their coffers.

Or you could be like me...don't join a large unit, suck it up, accept it for what it is and just drive on.

#242 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

I would actually say PGI cares a little too much about solo players, as far as CW goes at least. CW is meant to be for groups of players, while public matches are geared more for solo players. I do not try to force public matches to cater to groups, so I would just appreciate solo players not trying to force CW to be more solo friendly.

#243 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:09 PM

It would be nice to have a gateway planet, like Outreach or Galatea that would automatically channel mercenaries who aren't picky about their employers into whatever CW queues that are open. This would be a way to fill the buckets faster, and give lone wolves and independents a way into CW.

#244 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

I posted this idea under Feature Suggestions for the community manager's consideration:

http://mwomercs.com/...dent-contracts/

#245 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 07 May 2015 - 02:56 AM, said:

Couldn't agree more.

As soon as these people get it through their thick heads that PGI doesn't care about "solo" or "pug" players, the better off everyone will be.

Everyone here has a choice. Either join a unit, like everyone at PGI and here in the forums says you're supposed to, or accept the fact that noone gives a crap about you or the real money you may have funneled into their coffers.

Or you could be like me...don't join a large unit, suck it up, accept it for what it is and just drive on.

That's a dangerous and honestly wrong way of thinking and approaching this. If you truly cared about MWO and the success of the game, you'll realize that it's imperative that PGI get the solo queue done right. Attracting new players is what keeps your game growing, and no new players are going to want to climb the difficulty scale to join a 12 man for this game. Sure, long time fans will because they're, well, fans and they're devoted to the franchise. Other games with queue systems thrive off of a general queue because it's easy to play and be done for the day, instead of having to wrangle large groups of people together.

Yeah, I'm a legendary overlord sabre founder. I've been to two of their invitational tournaments. I've dropped hundreds of dollars on this game and I've stopped playing as a form of protest until I can see that the MM queue system is fixed so that solo players, or small groups, can succeed, have fun, and actually make a difference/impact on the game world itself.

Blizzard figured this out years ago with their cross server BG queues and the way they handled Party's vs Raids.. PGI needs to make the default queue into CW in order for this scene to really move forward. Make skirmishes something you have to select manually, and have the queue system be 1-4 players or 12 mans. Do not allow 12 mans to match against 1-4 group players. This way newer players can still contribute without being pug stomped (as much), while developing their skills prior to looking into joining a unit for 12 man premade drops.

I love the idea of this game, and I'd still like to see it succeed, but in its current state it is unplayable to me.

#246 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:39 AM

So that would be 29 minutes waiting (so far) and at LEAST 6 sets of players transferred into combat ahead of me.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by David Sumner, 15 April 2016 - 01:44 AM.

#247 fbj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:56 AM

View PostDavid Sumner, on 15 April 2016 - 01:39 AM, said:

So that would be 29 minutes waiting (so far) and at LEAST 6 sets of players transferred into combat ahead of me.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popcorn with Extra Butter eases the pain.

Edited by fbj, 15 April 2016 - 02:57 AM.

#248 Odinvolk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationUnder The Atlas, Fixing A Hydraulics Leak

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:10 AM

Whats the process to get a refund on the money?
I can go straight to my CC provider and charge back, or PGI has a less embarrassing process?
Someone please contact me on my account email to discuss. Its a legal requirement for me in Australia to say to the Bank that I tried talking to the offending company first. I think this message qualifies...

#249 Xynergy Braddock

Rookie

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:19 AM

View PostRevengex, on 13 December 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

Can't you put a poker texas holdum game while you wait for a drop?
Can't you put a poker texas holdum game while you wait for a drop? That way we don't die.

or just allow us to tinker mechs in our mechbays or manuever other parts of the game while waiting instead of just staring into a countdown nobody understands

#250 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:25 PM

View PostXynergy Braddock, on 24 May 2020 - 01:19 AM, said:

or just allow us to tinker mechs in our mechbays or manuever other parts of the game while waiting instead of just staring into a countdown nobody understands

they added a hidden mechanic to do just that, break the spinning wheel!

btt: cant we just all queue up factionless and let the matchmaker (ik lol) do its job using jarl's list metrics? yea that'd be nice

#251 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:10 PM

View PostXynergy Braddock, on 24 May 2020 - 01:19 AM, said:

Did you read my thing? I posted a thing. It explains the whole, 'needs twenty four players to launch' bit.
https://mwomercs.com...r-starting-out/

View PostiLLcapitan, on 25 May 2020 - 11:25 PM, said:

cant we just all queue up factionless and let the matchmaker (ik lol) do its job using jarl's list metrics? yea that'd be nice

Nope. Jarl's List doesn't follow CW.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users