Zerg The Generator Mode Needs To Be Fixed!

75 replies to this topic

#1 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:32 PM

Currently invasion attack mode is basically an auto win for the attackers if they know what they are doing. There is no way you can defend the generator from a zerg rush with strikes on the generators. Please take a look and increase Generator armor/ increase amount of turrets at base. TY.

#2 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

Really? Every other topic I've read explains how impossible attacking is
We must be doing something wrong

Edited by Team Chevy86, 13 December 2014 - 08:37 PM.

#3 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

No, attacking is fine the way it is. Playing the way you suggest would make CW unplayable.

#4 Desolator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

Obvious troll

#5 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 13 December 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

Really? Every other topic I've read explains how impossible attacking is
We must be doing something wrong

Yes, a lot of people assume that attacking involves shooting the defending mechs.

Not sure why though.

#6 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

what they need to fix is the fact mechs with jump jets can jump into the cannon and and attack it with out being harmed by the defending mechs...thats bullshit

#7 TwentyOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationI pay more to use less water. Cali.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 13 December 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

Currently invasion attack mode is basically an auto win for the attackers if they know what they are doing. There is no way you can defend the generator from a zerg rush with strikes on the generators. Please take a look and increase Generator armor/ increase amount of turrets at base. TY.

This damn game is too hard to ballance!

Attacking is very hard when you are a group of randoms, but GG close when you have 12 people in teamspeak zerg rushing.

Lrms are not very effective vs 12 man coordinated teams, but broken cheats vs random disorganized purgers.

For balance this game needs VOIP, and an overhauled command system. Rewards for following commands would be a great addition also.

#8 Onyxian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:47 PM

So far, it looks like rushing the generator is the only way to win. Every game I've seen that the offense wins comes down to it being destroyed by a rush to it. Defense has the odds too stacked in their favor, attackers can't win by killing everyone on D. At least in my limited experience so far.

#9 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

I fended off a zergling rush today against a 12 man with a rag tag bunch.

The key is where to place your firing line, especially your heavy and assaults that are not mobile.

We placed our's where the dropships and base turrets could cover our line.

The fact that most of the players on my team could shoot light mechs without much difficulty helped too. But it's not undoable.

Communication is key too. Someone has to scout and call out the incoming rush so people can get ready for it. Watch each gate and call it

#10 Draconeran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 101 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontana, USA

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:51 PM

I feel multiple items should be taken out to disable the cannon. A well executed "zurg" rush wins every time. Only minor changes need to be taken. A well prepared defender should be able to stop most pushes that focus the cannon only.

#11 Popper100

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

I agree to a point, I've had many games where the swarm has blasted right through our lines and the gens health in a couple mins. BUT! There are a lot of hit reg issues right now that need to be fixed, so let's let them fix those and retry the mode for a little while and see if it is the same.

And to the people who simply rush all the time, maybe realize that you're abusing a known problem and try having a fight? Instead of going for the cheapest win and shouting "ggclose" and moving on to the next. Not fun for anyone involved.

#12 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

View PostKanatta Jing, on 13 December 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

Yes, a lot of people assume that attacking involves shooting the defending mechs.

Not sure why though.

Maybe because its a mech game, not a banzai and shoot a gen game. Sure, thats the objective, but its is kinda a cheesy way to win. And its kinda sad that its one of the only ways to win.

TO stop the gen zerg, maybe there should be some degree of auto repair on the turret, or a door you must first breach in order to actually begin hurting omega. Perhaps reduce the number of turrets a little bit to put a little more pressure on the defending forces and less just allowing the turrets to do all the dirty work.

Initially the door turrets should be heavily armed and armored, able to put a smack down, but the turrets in the base should maybe be dual ML turrets and maybe a few less overall.

Door Turrets, Gauss Rifles and LRMs to kinda be a *****.
Allow attackers to shoot the door to break in, but make it heavily armored, allow defenders to get up on the walls to kinda actually make the doors a phase of the attack, rather then breaching the doors being almost a given. The current generator door game is derpy.

Past the 1st door, you get into the outer perimeter, after a bit more traveling and shooting some mechs the attackers are met with the next wall, its smaller and less defended, but it has 3-4 doors. Past that are the 2 omegas, not 1....

If the attackers have to actually blast through many layers of the base, the zerg the omega wont work anymore. To counter the buff to the base defense, lower the number of turrets so its on the player defenders to keep their base, rather then the turrets being a reliable deterant, which they are atm...

#13 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

did they win against a Clan team??

#14 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

Kill all 48 defending mechs and be done with it ?

Yes, that takes more time than a well executed Zerg-rush, but it is also infintely more rewarding too .

Tink aboot dat, me lads ´n lasses .

#15 Artgathan

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 13 December 2014 - 09:13 PM, said:

Maybe because its a mech game, not a banzai and shoot a gen game. Sure, thats the objective, but its is kinda a cheesy way to win. And its kinda sad that its one of the only ways to win.

The problem is that the defenders get dropped very often on top of the objective they're defending, which makes it super difficult to actually gain ground against them (especially because the attackers must walk so far to reinforce).

Two changes to help alleviate this:
  • Don't make the Defenders respawn directly on top of their objective
  • Move the Attacker's drop points forward as the match progresses, based on some measure (such as 'the drop points move forward when the gates are destroyed')

#16 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

And make the objective a bit more armored against strikes. Give it an armored hood so it remains vulnerable to direct fire weapons but less so to strikes.

#17 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:00 PM

how about we stop crying and not change anything

#18 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:00 PM

Light zerg rush is really easily countered if you keep in mind that people are doing it. We have countered a light zerg rush by bringing our own 12 lights. I'll get a video uploaded when I get home.

#19 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:03 PM

View Postpwnface, on 13 December 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

Light zerg rush is really easily countered if you keep in mind that people are doing it. We have countered a light zerg rush by bringing our own 12 lights. I'll get a video uploaded when I get home.

If you need 12 lights to counter 12 lights, it's f***ing broken.

#20 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:13 PM

How about you put a shield round the Omega generator and as attackers, you have to take out two other generators inside the base before you can take out the Omega Generator. Because this would make attacking much harder you could make the turrets easier to kill or have slightly less powerful weapons for the sake of balance but that would stop the Zerg rush pretty quickly.

I also think the defender's spawn should be away from the base as well, not quite as far as the attackers have to travel but not in the base cause you can't avoid the dropship guns as it currently stands and we were told before CW kicked off to not get anywhere near the dropship's. Right now that is impossible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users