So When Does Consumables Such As Artillery And Airstrike Gets Removed?

Balance Gameplay

148 replies to this topic

#81 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:12 PM

View PostF4T 4L, on 21 December 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

Strikes work the same way for everyone. There's no pay to win factor, and anyone QQ-ing about how OP they are, then in the next breath explaining that they refuse to use them, deserves to get artied into the ground.

That's all.

I expected these kind of reactions. Good for you that you probaly use them in a broken mechanic.

View PostViolent Nick, on 21 December 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

So fed up of the whining about arty's when we can all use them but they are limited to one each.. they can be used strategically and are easily wasted. Also they are easily avoided. PGI please don't fix what ain't broken.

Then you sir, fail miserably in seeing the point of this whole debacle of consumables. I honestly don't know why i replied on you. Because the system has a flaw, if you dont see that flaw then what's the point?

Carry on.

Edited by Sarlic, 22 December 2014 - 12:37 AM.

#82 Firemage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 120 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:25 AM

View PostLordMelvin, on 17 December 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

I think an audio warning would help fix a lot of the problems with arty. There should be skill in placing strikes to maximize damage while minimizing the enemy's ability to react, but it shouldn't be to the point that a team can get artied in the first 30 seconds of a game and have zero warning about it.

A simple "Air/Artillery Strike Inbound" when the smoke is placed would at least give pilots the time to look around and try to get out of the way.
Time to port over some sound files from SC2, "Nuclear Launch Detected" going off would be far more fair than just some red smoke, and would let us use reflexes that Blizz has been training us in for ages.

#83 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:05 AM

I don't like them too, but I don't see them getting removed anytime soon.

How about a global cooldown for the whole team?

#84 Cold Cash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:43 AM

Im amazed at all the its not game lore blah blahing, in point of fact every army has tanks, artillery and aerospace fighters in mechwarrior cannon so yeh it is lore.

If we went straight with canon I.S. woudn't stand a chance at all in CW or in general play and we woudnt have nerfed clan mechs.

If we where following canon all you derper complaining fools would only have access to stock mechs with no chance of customisation!

So please think a little bit about what the game is about before you get on the nerf wagon.

#85 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:15 AM

View Postgeneralazure, on 21 December 2014 - 01:22 AM, said:

Think it's rather silly how marking a target with narc has a significant weight and slot cost, but doing basically the same thing for an offmap firing platform is weightless magic. Shooting those smoke cannisters as alternative narc ammo would feel way more reasonable to me.

Right, another nerf that primarily affects light mechs only. Great idea /s.

#86 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:42 AM

View PostCold Cash, on 22 December 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

Im amazed at all the its not game lore blah blahing, in point of fact every army has tanks, artillery and aerospace fighters in mechwarrior cannon so yeh it is lore.

If we went straight with canon I.S. woudn't stand a chance at all in CW or in general play and we woudnt have nerfed clan mechs.

If we where following canon all you derper complaining fools would only have access to stock mechs with no chance of customisation!

So please think a little bit about what the game is about before you get on the nerf wagon.

Oh god... I think I love you! Marry Me! :wub:

#87 generalazure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:48 AM

View PostF4T 4L, on 22 December 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

Right, another nerf that primarily affects light mechs only. Great idea /s.

Yeah, because obviously strikes on the other weight classes would not be affected. /s

#88 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:48 AM

Just give everyone an urbie and forget everything else. Perfect homogenized MWO

#89 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:21 AM

View Postgeneralazure, on 22 December 2014 - 04:48 AM, said:

Yeah, because obviously strikes on the other weight classes would not be affected. /s

I said primarily; under your scheme many lights would be forced to choose between dedicated narc launcher + arty, or "proper" weaponry. Larger mechs don't tend to operate within the same razor-fine tonnage parameters (there are exceptions, I admit).

Not to mention that mechs without missile hardpoints would be completely excluded from arty.

Your idea is bad, IMHO.

#90 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 22 December 2014 - 04:48 AM, said:

Urbie'd?

#91 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:32 AM

Bringing it to attention. And a nice edit to please a Knight.

Edited by Sarlic, 10 January 2015 - 04:41 AM.

#92 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:40 AM

For some reason it always feels like a small victory when somebody tries to bombard me. They rarely ever do much dmg and it feels like it's hardly ever a game changer. And yet it costs them a lot of cbills.

It seems like somebody shoots 2 medium lasers at me and pays 40 k for that. I litereally always think 'awwwwww that was expensive dood and didnt do anything haha.'

I never use arty and get many kills and a lot dmg. Who needs arty? In 85 % of the cases i just step away from the red smoke and dont get hit at all. In 14 % of the cases i get shaken one or two times and take 1 - 3 % dmg. And in 1 % of the cases I get hit by the full force and still just walk on.

It just never does much and costs so very much lol. For me to even consider using it it would have to do at least 3 times the dmg it does now while costing only 20 k. If anything they should reward ppl that spend so much cbills on so little effect more. Buff it if you ask me hehe. Mi no scared of de borbardment. Bring it on.

#93 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:16 AM

You really want to return to a time when there was no way to counter an entrenched sniper, and no way to cause area denial?

Ha. Hahahaha.

Yeah, enjoy losing even more planets, steiner.

#94 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:29 AM

View PostSarlic, on 21 December 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

Then you sir, fail miserably in seeing the point of this whole debacle of consumables. I honestly don't know why i replied on you. Because the system has a flaw, if you dont see that flaw then what's the point?

Carry on.
I guess you can include me in the group failing to see the point because as far as I can see you don't have one. Care to explain what your point is without hyperbolic commentary about how bad you personally feel strikes are?

#95 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

It would be maybe OK if we got a counter-consumable consumable. Something like a null-satellite zone where the enemy can't drop artillery or airstrikes for a period of time. UAVs are also SUPER broken and make NARC basically pointless - why use NARC when you can instead pop a UAV and get their whole team and save 4+ tons and 3+ crit slots?

Another way to balance the airstrikes/artillery would actually be to shoot the flare. Then at least you need proximity/aim to place the flare where you want it.

#96 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:50 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 23 December 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

You really want to return to a time when there was no way to counter an entrenched sniper, and no way to cause area denial?

Ha. Hahahaha.

Yeah, enjoy losing even more planets, steiner.

I hate agreeing with any clan player, but exactly this........arty and air strikes rarely destroy mechs but they are extremely useful in moving someone from a location you don't want them to be in..........the biggest reason people complain about them and fear them is probably psychological..........nobody likes getting rocked around without at least some warning........but that's just the way it is, the enemy doesn't always announce that he's about to rock your world.

Said it before and will say it again.........the deployment standards could use some adjustment, but the strikes themselves are fine the way they are.

#97 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostFate 6, on 23 December 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

It would be maybe OK if we got a counter-consumable consumable. Something like a null-satellite zone where the enemy can't drop artillery or airstrikes for a period of time. UAVs are also SUPER broken and make NARC basically pointless - why use NARC when you can instead pop a UAV and get their whole team and save 4+ tons and 3+ crit slots?

Another way to balance the airstrikes/artillery would actually be to shoot the flare. Then at least you need proximity/aim to place the flare where you want it.

You can leave the UAV's area or shoot it down. When was the last time you shot a NARC off of a friendly?

#98 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 22 December 2014 - 04:48 AM, said:

Sorry Mud, but didn't you hear. The AC20 is so OP that the poor Urban Mech will never see the light of day because of all the whining and QQ'ing it will generate, by having an AC20 Stock, on the Forums.

#99 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostEscef, on 23 December 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

You can leave the UAV's area or shoot it down. When was the last time you shot a NARC off of a friendly?

Well, when I played Living Legends. Because that was a thing.

Christ, the fuckery that would happen if that was in this game...

#100 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 23 December 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

Well, when I played Living Legends. Because that was a thing.

Christ, the fuckery that would happen if that was in this game...

You shot me!

Dude, you totally had a NARC on you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users