• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:43 PM

These are the updated tables:

Spoiler

Remember we are now at ~3053 and new mech designs are popping up all through IS (and Clans). Some mechs not in the list might be released next (like the Bushwacker).

#12402 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:07 PM

View PostTrapJaw80, on 05 March 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Would someone with twitter care to ask russ whether a King Crab hero is planned?

Not soon (from what we know). However it was stated that every mech will get a hero. So if it doesn't it'll have it. But omnimech heros are currently debatable. All battlemechs however are in the goods.

View PostOdanan, on 06 March 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

It could appear as the light of the next IIC pack (instead of the Locust IIC) or the light of a third IIC pack.

2nd IIC pack: Locust IIC (25 tons), Griffin IIC (40 tons), Rifleman IIC (65 tons), Marauder IIC (85 tons) - all "Unseen" pack.

3rd IIC pack: UrbanMech IIC (30 tons), Shadow Hawk IIC (45 tons), Guillotine IIC (70 tons) [the Guillotine's "redemption", even if not IS], Warhammer IIC (80 tons).

Phoenix Hawk IIC (80 tons) looks cool, but it is completely different (and almost double the size) of the original IS mech.

There are other IIC mechs, but mostly too rare and not as interesting (Commando IIC, Wolfhound IIC, Clint IIC and Wyvern IIC).

Orion IIC? Barely a few existed. Made in very limited numbers and not used that often as it was mostly a trophy.
As well as rare...Commando IIC was more widely used and less rarer then the orion IIC

View Postcdlord, on 11 March 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

Since everything in MWO is modified for torso twist, what would it look like with the legs connecting to a "thorax" under the CT? Doesn't have to be as big as the main body....

Well quad mechs can walk side ways and do things normal mechs can't. So it's very easy to see them not have a torso as they can already do all the functionality of a mech with a torso but weirder.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 March 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

Yes, it is. But it has proper PPCs again. And the Ballistics are higher.

And thankfully, it WON'T (hopefully) have the beak, which 1) would piss some founders off, and 2) I hate with a passion, anyhow.

I certainly wasn't thinking the K2 was getting 2 more energy (even though it used to have them) or a second AMS.

Would love to see a different beak as custom geo though. It's a little bit silly how a visual feature of 1 of the 3 more common catapult designs/ drawings is apparently an exclusive... I would like to see a different nose for the catapult, as well as a rounded one. slanted, etc.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 March 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

Nope, sorry. You want to see the straw that truly breaks the camel's back? Screw with the Founders exclusives, and I promise you, you'll see this place burn like hasn't been seen since the 3pV/Forum Censor fiasco.

What's next, give everyone with a little MC a chance to get the Founder's skin, or the variable Geo from the other Founders?

Yes. Please finish pissing on those who made the game actually happen.

I can't comment for everyone but I think most people who bought into founders wanted to found the game and help support it and grow. I do not think they wanted to have it just for the custom geo. (I do not even remember it stating it had custom geo back then or limited time access to said geo... so forgive me if I am wrong but it was never stated it was a founders exclusive to have said features). Founders skin on other mechs would be just silly as an MC option...Custom geo however it's more PGI's fault for using the 'main' catapults visual feature as a custom geo... they could have changed the LRM boxes slightly or cut features away from the main body or make it slightly concave like MW4's but instead they went with the most consistent feature and locked it away and now every Catapult in MW: O besides it has a cut nose.

However I think the custom geo should follow like these concepts in early MW: O days instead of have exactly like founders
Posted Image
Custom nose:
(row 1)
1st: MW: O Founders pointed nose.
2nd: smooth nose
3rd: blunted nose
4th: slightly tapered nose
5th: sir pointy nose
(row 2):
6th: MW: O cut nose
8th: slightly slanted/ extended nose.
(note: th ecockpits of each catapult here is also a bit different and other features. here I am talking about nose specifically)

Lots of options to add that isn't founders.

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 21 March 2016 - 03:08 AM, said:

Well, if they were going to implement hard point inflation on the Catapult, this would be the time to do it.

Speaking of TAG, how many Cat drivers would have LOVED to have a head energy hard point for TAG? I mean, how was that not a thing? Lol . Even in BT lore, you would have thought a mech like the Catapult C1/C4/A1 would have had that. Crazy.

Because how do you use TAG on a mech you do not have line of sight for? Why not simply use that Raven that is spotting for the other 5, 10, 20, or 30 LRM boats. (not that TAG helped LRM's, however it helped other units. NARC is where it's at)

#12403 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:31 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 22 March 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

Not soon (from what we know). However it was stated that every mech will get a hero. So if it doesn't it'll have it. But omnimech heros are currently debatable. All battlemechs however are in the goods.

Orion IIC? Barely a few existed. Made in very limited numbers and not used that often as it was mostly a trophy.
As well as rare...Commando IIC was more widely used and less rarer then the orion IIC

Well quad mechs can walk side ways and do things normal mechs can't. So it's very easy to see them not have a torso as they can already do all the functionality of a mech with a torso but weirder.

Would love to see a different beak as custom geo though. It's a little bit silly how a visual feature of 1 of the 3 more common catapult designs/ drawings is apparently an exclusive... I would like to see a different nose for the catapult, as well as a rounded one. slanted, etc.

I can't comment for everyone but I think most people who bought into founders wanted to found the game and help support it and grow. I do not think they wanted to have it just for the custom geo. (I do not even remember it stating it had custom geo back then or limited time access to said geo... so forgive me if I am wrong but it was never stated it was a founders exclusive to have said features). Founders skin on other mechs would be just silly as an MC option...Custom geo however it's more PGI's fault for using the 'main' catapults visual feature as a custom geo... they could have changed the LRM boxes slightly or cut features away from the main body or make it slightly concave like MW4's but instead they went with the most consistent feature and locked it away and now every Catapult in MW: O besides it has a cut nose.

However I think the custom geo should follow like these concepts in early MW: O days instead of have exactly like founders
Posted Image
Custom nose:
(row 1)
1st: MW: O Founders pointed nose.
2nd: smooth nose
3rd: blunted nose
4th: slightly tapered nose
5th: sir pointy nose
(row 2):
6th: MW: O cut nose
8th: slightly slanted/ extended nose.
(note: th ecockpits of each catapult here is also a bit different and other features. here I am talking about nose specifically)

Lots of options to add that isn't founders.

Because how do you use TAG on a mech you do not have line of sight for? Why not simply use that Raven that is spotting for the other 5, 10, 20, or 30 LRM boats. (not that TAG helped LRM's, however it helped other units. NARC is where it's at)

As a founder I'll take the Deep missile boxes (some people will get why I would suggest that Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image )

Edited by Imperius, 23 March 2016 - 01:32 AM.

#12404 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:12 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 22 March 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

I have the same problem with the Wolverine.

The 'iconic' round chin-turret is a Phoenix model exclusive, when in my opinion it should've been the default.

When it comes to the Catapult, pretty much every single official design that i can think of, have a pointy beak (or at least rounded), which in my opinion, should've been the default.
Posted Image

#12405 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:58 AM

Question for you guys.

Would you consider a mech viable to be added to MWO if it's not in production but exists?

For example, ComStar has some Nightstar 9J's before & after the invasion, but the Nightstar doesn't go back into production until 3057.

#12406 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:49 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 23 March 2016 - 02:58 AM, said:

Question for you guys.

Would you consider a mech viable to be added to MWO if it's not in production but exists?

For example, ComStar has some Nightstar 9J's before & after the invasion, but the Nightstar doesn't go back into production until 3057.

That would be fine to me. If they existed in the timeline (even if out of production or rare), I don't see why it wouldn't count.

Besides, PGI is adding the Kodiak. Doesn't some of its variants extend to 3061 or something like that?

#12407 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:27 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 23 March 2016 - 02:58 AM, said:

Question for you guys.

If it's not completely extinct, I see no problem.
You know, some of these "Comstar" mechs added in MWO (King Crab, Black Knight, Highlander, Crab, Kintaro...) are not exactly common in 3050.

About the Nightstar, it's not been produced for more than 200 years, so I don't know if it fits the extinct or extremely rare category.

BTW, the Nightstar looks like a Marauder with huge arms. I kind of like it.

#12408 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:30 AM

View PostOdanan, on 23 March 2016 - 05:27 AM, said:

About the Nightstar, it's not been produced for more than 200 years, so I don't know if it fits the extinct or extremely rare category.

You know, that's the argument I get for why they Clans can't have the Coyotl, one of the best 40t Omni-mechs they could have in this time frame. Just because it's production was phased out for the Dragonfly.... I mean the Clans would have Coyotls in mothball in their Brian Caches, not unlike the ComGuard mechs....

#12409 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:38 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 March 2016 - 06:30 AM, said:

You know, that's the argument I get for why they Clans can't have the Coyotl, one of the best 40t Omni-mechs they could have in this time frame. Just because it's production was phased out for the Dragonfly.... I mean the Clans would have Coyotls in mothball in their Brian Caches, not unlike the ComGuard mechs....

Specious reasoning at best. At least I'm honest and admit I just want my bloody Vapour Eagle more than your Coyotl...... (Because as a Medium Mech jock, that would be just about the ultimate mobile skirmisher medium)

#12410 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:45 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 March 2016 - 06:38 AM, said:

Specious reasoning at best. At least I'm honest and admit I just want my bloody Vapour Eagle more than your Coyotl...... (Because as a Medium Mech jock, that would be just about the ultimate mobile skirmisher medium)

I appreciate the honesty, I'm just looking to fill the tonnage gaps in the Clan line up, 20t and 40t Omni-mechs are missing...

At this point, 3053, the Clans have four options for 40t Omni-mechs...

Phantom (360XL on a 40t!)
Dragonfly (3050 TRO classic, little light on pod space to not laser vomit)
Coyotl (almost perfect 40t, needs third variant)
Pouncer (Up armoured Adder with Jump Jets)

I'm all for new mechs, any new mechs, provided there is a strong option in that weight available as well.

Edited by Metus regem, 23 March 2016 - 06:45 AM.

#12411 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:47 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 March 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

I appreciate the honesty, I'm just looking to fill the tonnage gaps in the Clan line up, 20t and 40t Omni-mechs are missing...

At this point, 3053, the Clans have four options for 40t Omni-mechs...

Phantom (360XL on a 40t!)
Dragonfly (3050 TRO classic, little light on pod space to not laser vomit)
Coyotl (almost perfect 40t, needs third variant)
Pouncer (Up armoured Adder with Jump Jets)

I'm all for new mechs, any new mechs, provided there is a strong option in that weight available as well.

and for the 40 tonners, no doubt Pouncer and Coytl are the top draw. IS still realyl needs more 40 ton options, too.

#12412 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:58 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 March 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

and for the 40 tonners, no doubt Pouncer and Coytl are the top draw. IS still realyl needs more 40 ton options, too.

Agreed on IS 40t needing more options, and you're right on Pouncer and Coyotl being the top half of the options. The Pouncer has about as much pod space as the Coyotl, despite being slower (6/9 Pouncer vs 7/11 Coyotl), due to the locked JJ's in the Pouncer. Either would be a fantastic addition first, with any of the others to fallow.

#12413 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:37 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 March 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

Agreed on IS 40t needing more options, and you're right on Pouncer and Coyotl being the top half of the options. The Pouncer has about as much pod space as the Coyotl, despite being slower (6/9 Pouncer vs 7/11 Coyotl), due to the locked JJ's in the Pouncer. Either would be a fantastic addition first, with any of the others to fallow.

I think Pouncer is too slow for the tonnage. :/

#12414 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostOdanan, on 23 March 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

I think Pouncer is too slow for the tonnage. :/

debatable, it's the same speed as the Storm Crow... and the Adder survives doing the same speed... Pouncer is just a slightly larger (in all dimensions once scaling is done) Adder....

#12415 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:12 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 March 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

debatable, it's the same speed as the Storm Crow... and the Adder survives doing the same speed... Pouncer is just a slightly larger (in all dimensions once scaling is done) Adder....

Stormcrow is 55 tons and Pouncer is 40 tons. The lighter the mech, the more it depends on speed.

You say the Adder survives at the same speed. Hmmm... I thought Adders were extinct in MWO. Posted Image

Anyway, after the Viper is released (it deserves to be in a MW game!), I don't care which medium will get in. All of them have drawbacks (including the Viper):

- Black Lanner? (light pod space, lacks jumpjets)
- Phantom? (even lighter pod space, lacks jumpjets)
- Huntsman? (same speed, jumpjets and tonnage of the Nova, humanoid and with less hardpoints)
- Pouncer? (oversized jumping Adder)
- Coyotl? (practically extinct)

As long as it's not a Std. Engine medium omnimech, it will be just fine.

#12416 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostOdanan, on 23 March 2016 - 09:12 AM, said:

- Coyotl? (practically extinct)

View PostOdanan, on 23 March 2016 - 05:27 AM, said:

If it's not completely extinct, I see no problem.
You know, some of these "Comstar" mechs added in MWO (King Crab, Black Knight, Highlander, Crab, Kintaro...) are not exactly common in 3050.

sigh....

#12417 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:34 AM

What is your guys opinions for using build ideas from MW:LL to fill out options if the 4 and 6 variants do not work out?

#12418 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

You can't deny it is practically extinct. That's the only flaw of the mech (looks good and unique, has great loudout).
Even so, I don't care if PGI "bends the lore" a little to add it later.

PS: the "Comstar" mechs I cited are not extinct whatsoever. You can find a small number of them in the Houses' assignment tables. The Coyotl, however, I never saw in any table.

Except for weird stuff like the Orion IIC (which was added to the game not because it is common, but because there were not other heavy IIC options at the time), Clans use every bit of resource they have. If there are surviving Coyotls, they will be in the frontline or at best in garrison duty, not stashed away in some underground base.

Edited by Odanan, 23 March 2016 - 09:39 AM.

#12419 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

View PostOdanan, on 23 March 2016 - 09:38 AM, said:

You can't deny it is practically extinct. That's the only flaw of the mech (looks good and unique, has great loudout).
Even so, I don't care if PGI "bends the lore" a little to add it later.

PS: the "Comstar" mechs I cited are not extinct whatsoever. You can find a small number of them in the Houses' assignment tables. The Coyotl, however, I never saw in any table.

Except for weird stuff like the Orion IIC (which was added to the game not because it is common, but because there were not other heavy IIC options at the time), Clans use every bit of resource they have. If there are surviving Coyotls, they will be in the frontline or at best in garrison duty, not stashed away in some underground base.

It was more for the Nightstar than the others....

And I don't deny that it is practically extinct, never have, never will deny that fact, but a King Crab like the 000, outside of ComGuard, I don't think the houses had them....

I'm not trying to pick a fight Odanan, just a little saddened by what I perceived as a double standard.

Then again, MWO is anything but typical Battle Tech, there are players with more mechs, than some House Regiments in MWO...

#12420 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:38 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 March 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

It was more for the Nightstar than the others....

And I don't deny that it is practically extinct, never have, never will deny that fact, but a King Crab like the 000, outside of ComGuard, I don't think the houses had them....

I'm not trying to pick a fight Odanan, just a little saddened by what I perceived as a double standard.

Then again, MWO is anything but typical Battle Tech, there are players with more mechs, than some House Regiments in MWO...

Oh there are many double standards that are in play in these forums. Basically it boils down to this there is about 12 of us that have our agendas (secret or not) that wont support other peoples mechs until our mechs make it in. No amount or arguing or talking will change each others minds. So it's best to just hold your ground, post about the mech you want, and go from there.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook