• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

View PostOdanan, on 04 June 2016 - 02:11 AM, said:

Hi!

so, looks like our Forum, Twitter and Reddiot Community managed to put Russ back into full blown shellshocked bunker mode again, eh?

#13463 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 June 2016 - 08:36 AM, said:

so, looks like our Forum, Twitter and Reddiot Community managed to put Russ back into full blown shellshocked bunker mode again, eh?

:(

Babbling Russ > Silent Russ

#13464 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

View PostOdanan, on 04 June 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

Babbling Russ > Silent Russ

agreed.

Though disillusioned, possibly inebriated babbling Russ has sometimes left some messes to attend.

Tina seems to be under radio silence orders now, too.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 04 June 2016 - 10:52 AM.

#13465 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

Bishop, do you have an opinion or more infos about the skokomish Zeus?

Got this from the internet

http://www.heavymeta...opic.php?t=5711

Edited by TrapJaw80, 04 June 2016 - 12:15 PM.

#13466 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:29 PM

View PostTrapJaw80, on 04 June 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Bishop, do you have an opinion or more infos about the skokomish Zeus?

Got this from the internet

http://www.heavymeta...opic.php?t=5711

Well,

Skokomish is the logical choice IMO, for the Zeus hero... though I hope they do a better job/less cliched version of a paint scheme for it than on the Ember/La Malinche/Spirit Bear, overall.

If you are referring to the specific loadout shown in that link... hmmm. IDK.

Wish more was listed on Skokomish tribal warfare style and preference, would help build a "flavor" loadout. His character bio comments on "amazingly graceful maneuvers", which would be my focus, a larger stock engine, and some nice accel/decel quirks. Don't see going to a smaller engine, condsidering the flavor text.

Maybe a 340-360xl engine stock?

As for quirks:
ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (CT): 15.00
ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LT): 17.00
ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RT): 17.00
ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LL): 17.00
ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RL): 17.00
ACCELERATION RATE: 45.00 %
DECELERATION RATE: 45.00 %
TURN RATE: 20.00 %
TORSO TURN RATE (YAW): 45.00 %
TORSO TURN ANGLE (YAW): 10.00

As for hardpoints, I am a huge fan of the 6S, but always felt that the lack of missile hardpoints was an issue. And for some reason the 5S and I don't click. But I HATE not having a ballistics on a Zeus.

One thing, since no stock Zeus has endo in the era, not even the 9S, I would not build the hero with it. Lemme play around a bit. TT loadouts would be pretty easy, but MWO? Hmmm.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 04 June 2016 - 01:04 PM.

#13467 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for the effort.

Edited by TrapJaw80, 04 June 2016 - 12:45 PM.

#13468 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:42 PM

View PostTrapJaw80, on 04 June 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

Thanks for the effort.

from a 3025 tech 4th War TT version, I would probably go something like this:

Posted Image

#13469 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:56 PM

and what I'd call a TT "plausible" 3050 refit
Posted Image
with the MASC and ECM fitting his nature as a graceful hunter, more than a stand up brawler, IMO.

XL engines would be a major refit and not one most warrior could hope to afford, and can't think of any reason the government would pay for it. Will work on a model for the "MWO minmax" mentality next, keeping in mind the hardpoints, etc already on other Zeus.

#13470 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:20 PM

I'd actually give it a UAC/5 and two extra heat sinks. The original -5S League tech model mounted the UAC instead of the LB-X, which would make it a more comfortable "refit" to the -6S, as it's actually returning to form.

#13471 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:28 PM

Had some fun with hardpoints on this one
Posted Image

the LRMs to me still fit how I envision him, hit and run and striking from a distance.

But from an MWO perspective, it also translates to:

EndoSteel
360XL + MASC (78 kph before MASC)
13 DHS
464 armor
AC10 with 3 tons ammo (LT)
2x Medium Lasers (CT)
4x SRM4 w/6 tons of ammo (RA/LA)

or for those who are better shots than I, remove 1 ton of AC10 ammo, and 2 tons of SRM and either go up to a 375xl (81.6 kph), or add 3 more DHS (a better trade off, IMO).

To me? That would be a Hero I'd buy in a heartbeat. Different enough loud out potential from stock, cool feature (MASC). Finally have a replacement for the VTR in the mobile assault brawler department again.

View Postwanderer, on 04 June 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

I'd actually give it a UAC/5 and two extra heat sinks. The original -5S League tech model mounted the UAC instead of the LB-X, which would make it a more comfortable "refit" to the -6S, as it's actually returning to form.

Yes, but the LB10 is something that is easier to hit with (using cluster rounds) at range and while moving, and doesn't have a jam potential. And Lyran mentality is go big (bore) or go home, at least by the 4th Succession war. In TT I'd take an LBX over a UAC5 10/10 times, unless tonnage prohibits. And it's not like it's a hot build.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 04 June 2016 - 02:29 PM.

#13472 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

Again, thanks for the effort Bish.

I like the last one most and go with the AC 10 too ( like in my ZEU-6R build).

I am not a great artist but maybe i try to draw the Zeus ZEU-6S "Skokomish" as my first one hehe Posted Image

#13473 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:16 PM

View PostTrapJaw80, on 04 June 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

Again, thanks for the effort Bish.

I like the last one most and go with the AC 10 too ( like in my ZEU-6R build).

I am not a great artist but maybe i try to draw the Zeus ZEU-6S "Skokomish" as my first one hehe Posted Image

thanks.

I figured I'd "cover the bases" as it were.

I would love it if the game was such that actual lore sensible loadouts for Heroes worked. If fluff translated. But reality is the game is minmax, and Heroes are 4RL$ only. So the real challenge is finding a maxxed build that still fits the "feel" of the character..though tbh with many of these it's more a matter of how one envisions the character with the minimal info present.

That said, the 1st two represent TT builds that most GMs would OK, (and yes some GM ok anything, the more monty hall the better) and how I could see it being modded that fit within rule constraints and such. Last one was taking that feel and stretching it to not only fit the way I envision Sealth fighting, but allow it to be interesting enough for actual MWO success outside the underhive, too.

Truth be told, I'd probably drop the Medium Lasers on mine, for more DHS, since I run 4xSRM4 and an AC10 on my ON1-VA and find that loadout wrecks face pretty spectacularly by itself.

#13474 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:36 AM

Something random: I like how the Phoenix Hawk looks like an western gunslinger wielding dual pistols.
Posted Image

Also, where is the new mech?

#13475 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:38 AM

View PostOdanan, on 05 June 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

Something random: I like how the Phoenix Hawk looks like an western gunslinger wielding dual pistols.
Posted Image

Also, where is the new mech?

We criticized Russ for his attitude during the last TH. He apparently took his ball and went home, again.

No Mechs for you!

(I mean I haven't seen him tweet even about the Tournament, and he has pretty well ignored everyone on Twitter since the last TH. Seems liek we are on our cyclical PGI downward spiral again. *shrugs* )

On a plus note, the twin pistol and motorcycle helmet look is growing on me. Kind of a John Woo meets Black Sunshine Yakuza movie vibe.... just needs a giant sized naked street racer to run around the map on.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 05 June 2016 - 07:41 AM.

#13476 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:05 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 June 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

We criticized Russ for his attitude during the last TH. He apparently took his ball and went home, again.

No Mechs for you!

(I mean I haven't seen him tweet even about the Tournament, and he has pretty well ignored everyone on Twitter since the last TH. Seems liek we are on our cyclical PGI downward spiral again. *shrugs* )

On a plus note, the twin pistol and motorcycle helmet look is growing on me. Kind of a John Woo meets Black Sunshine Yakuza movie vibe.... just needs a giant sized naked street racer to run around the map on.

I'd buy that decal...

#13477 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:48 AM

Posted Image

Oh no......

Posted Image

#13478 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:24 AM

Ugh, no kidding if people keep sending Russ to his shelter and delaying mechs I am not going to be happy. I already got to wait long enough on PGI and things, but making PGI back off doing a mech a month because people don't want Townhalls thay often it's frustrating to say the least.....I hate now because actions of the salty ppl now we get nothing.....a pointless gap in dev time....more frustrating then even getting a crappy mech is nothing at all backing everything up a month or more -.-

#13479 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:07 PM

View PostCK16, on 05 June 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

Ugh, no kidding if people keep sending Russ to his shelter and delaying mechs I am not going to be happy. I already got to wait long enough on PGI and things, but making PGI back off doing a mech a month because people don't want Townhalls thay often it's frustrating to say the least.....I hate now because actions of the salty ppl now we get nothing.....a pointless gap in dev time....more frustrating then even getting a crappy mech is nothing at all backing everything up a month or more -.-
It's still on Russ and PGI honestly.

As a business man, and someone who knows how the internet works, he and the company should:
A - Be aware of it.
B - Continue regardless.
Because suddenly going quiet on things, that were prior pretty consistent, concerns people.
Especially after it was going to a public thing while babbling drunk.
And when the complaint is really 'why won't they tell me what I can spend my money with your company on next.'

The longer it is, the more concerned people will become.
And that is not good for customer relations.

#13480 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:18 PM

CK, what I think this shows is Russ is starting to see that he might have bitten off too much with MWO, as well as not understanding just how fickle the whales of Battle Tech can be when it comes to the IP. As with anything you have a choice to make:

1) make the product appeal to long time fans and risk not getting new ones.

2) attracting new fans and risk alienating long term fans.

3) hide under a rock, when you see that you cannot please both.

Sadly it seems PGI is doing option 3, after a lot of option two. In many ways I think MWO could've been a lot better if they stuck closer to the source material. Things like the engine rule of weight*walking speed= engine size, made a lot of sense in TT for hex movement, but it also made it a hard choice on changing your engine. Take my Riflemen, I dropped the 240 in them for a 250 in a heartbeat, simply due to it only costing me .5t after accounting for the external DHS the 240 needed, but if I had to choose between 240 or 300, it would've had more weight in that decision.

49 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook