• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

View PostOdanan, on 05 June 2016 - 01:24 PM, said:

Bingo!

naw bro, Halo dude is totally wearing a dirt bike helmet, no similarity at all...... Posted Image

#13483 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:57 PM

View PostOdanan, on 05 June 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

Something random: I like how the Phoenix Hawk looks like an western gunslinger wielding dual pistols.
Posted Image

Also, where is the new mech?

I, too, am liking the "dual pistol" setup.
Do all of the variants do that, or just one (or a few)?

#13484 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 05 June 2016 - 04:57 PM, said:

I, too, am liking the "dual pistol" setup.
Do all of the variants do that, or just one (or a few)?

I believe all of them (look at the store page, all variants have weapons on both hands).

Pretty cool.

#13485 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

View PostOdanan, on 05 June 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

I believe all of them (look at the store page, all variants have weapons on both hands). Pretty cool.

All of the images on the store page are concept art, with no images of 3D models. Posted Image

All of the concept art shows the MLas in each arm in outboard mounts on the forearms (quite far back on the forearms, at that) & the MGs on the arms in underslung mounts (visible on the right arm), with the pistol mount being (ostensibly) used only for each variant's "main gun" - LLas for the 1 and 1K and 2, ERLL for the "Roc", LPL for the 3S, PPC for the "Kuroi Kiri", and ER-PPC for the 1B.

Posted Image

Again, I rather like the dual-pistol loadout and look, and I might have even bought a PHX package if I had known with certainty that that is what they'd do.
Even then, however, I'd still want to know if the dual-pistol look applies to all PHX or just certain variants, and how it would look with varying loadouts (e.g. just one ballistic weapon in each arm, or only one energy weapon - each of a different size - in each arm, how each variant looks with all weapon hardpoints filled, etc).

#13486 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:51 PM

675 pages and counting...

#13487 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:12 PM

yup

#13488 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:26 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 05 June 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

675 pages and counting...

And yet, still not stickied to the front page....

#13489 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:52 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 05 June 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

All of the images on the store page are concept art, with no images of 3D models. Posted Image

I was talking about the variants/hardpoints. :P

#13490 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:11 AM

Only one issue I have so far with the Phoenix Hawk. A PPC takes up the same space as a laser?

#13491 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

View PostCaptain Luffy, on 06 June 2016 - 05:11 AM, said:

Only one issue I have so far with the Phoenix Hawk. A PPC takes up the same space as a laser?

Yeah I agree, but I wouldn't have expected anything different.

#13492 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:46 AM

View PostCaptain Luffy, on 06 June 2016 - 05:11 AM, said:

PGI and the amount of customization that they have allowed with out restrictions of the TT modification requirements....

It's some what sill that we can take a .50cal - 20mm MG and replace it with up-to a 203mm class 20 AC in the blink of an eye, for no cost and no down time provided you already own that big AC....

#13493 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:59 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 06 June 2016 - 06:46 AM, said:

PGI and the amount of customization that they have allowed with out restrictions of the TT modification requirements....

It's some what sill that we can take a .50cal - 20mm MG and replace it with up-to a 203mm class 20 AC in the blink of an eye, for no cost and no down time provided you already own that big AC....

With a game pretty much based on instant action, I wouldn't expect down time. Still, I get your point.

There could have been more restrictions on hard points added into the game, but it probably would have required quirks to be introduced from the start and those quirks far more exaggerated.

Maybe that would have been ok, IDK. Not worth sweating now I suppose. Its been too late for a long time.

#13494 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 06 June 2016 - 06:46 AM, said:

this is the reason to resurrect the crusade for hard point sizes. (I want a huge Gauss Rifle (not the Laser sized Gauss on the arms of the PHX) and a even bigger AC20)

Edited by Karl Streiger, 06 June 2016 - 07:00 AM.

#13495 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:43 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 06 June 2016 - 07:00 AM, said:

this is the reason to resurrect the crusade for hard point sizes. (I want a huge Gauss Rifle (not the Laser sized Gauss on the arms of the PHX) and a even bigger AC20)

It's taken me a while to come around to sized and typed hard points, but I'm now all for it, well for Battle Mechs at least... omni mechs should just have pod space... let the Alternate Configurations serve as XP/C-bill bounces, provided you've got all the right equipment in those positions....

I blame people putting AC/5, AC/10's. Gauss into Warhammers for pushing me over the edge on this one.

#13496 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:46 AM

QFT.

And now you have the right signature for going to a holy war. Posted Image

In all seriousness, sized hardpoints are more lore accurate I feel (squeezing in a AC/10 into an MG mount would change the chassis, wouldn't it?).

View PostMetus regem, on 06 June 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

I blame people putting AC/5, AC/10's. Gauss into Warhammers for pushing me over the edge on this one.

And nipple builds.

Edited by FLG 01, 06 June 2016 - 08:46 AM.

#13497 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:55 AM

Instead of Hardpoint Sizes, Mass Values.

Sized Hardpoints, but better!

To explain:
Each weapon is applied a Mass Value (between 1 and 6)
This takes into account its weight and size.

Each location with a hard(points) gets a Mass Capacity based on the stock weapon.
The Mass Capacity (in Ballistic, Energy and Missile flavour) is how much size / weight / recoil etc that section of mech is designed to handle.

So a Machine Gun would be Ballistic Mass 1 and an AC20 would be Ballistic Mass 6.

Spoiler

Each point of Mass Value reduces a point from Mass Capacity.
So the B6 of a stock AC20, could take:
1 GAUSS RIFLE / AC/20
or
1 LB 10-X AC / AC/10 +B1 (MACHINE GUN)
or
1 ULTRA AC/5 +B2 (1 AC/2 or 2 MACHINE GUN)
or
2 AC/5
or
3 AC/2
or
6 MACHINE GUN

And a C-LB20-X AC would be able to take:
1 C-AC/20 / C-LB20-X AC
or
1 C-GAUSS RIFLE / C-ULTRA AC/20 +B1 (C-MACHINE GUN)
or
1 C-ULTRA AC/10, C-AC/10, C-LB10-X AC +B2 (1 C-ULTRA AC/2, C-AC/2, C-LB2-X AC or 2 C-MACHINE GUN)
or
2 C-ULTRA AC/5, C-AC/5, C-LB5-X AC
or
3 C-ULTRA AC/2, C-AC/2, C-LB2-X AC
or
6 C-MACHINE GUN

Using the classic D-DC as an example, this would have:
RA - E1
RT - B6
LT - M6
LA - E1
So you lose a little Large Ballistic and Large Missile, but gain a little Small Ballistic and Small Missile, but for the most part is pretty similar. (If you really wanted, you could bump it to B10, which would allow for 2LBX10 as it does now, but I don't know if it'd need it)

Then things like the 2ERLL Raven 3L becomes:
RA - E2
RT - E1, M2
LT - AMS1, ECM1
LA - M2
So it could take some more small missiles, but can't have more than 1 Large Laser.

Some things may suffer a little, like the Marauder MX90, becoming:
RA - E1
RT - B4, M2
LT - B4, M2
LA - E1
No more 5AC5 Marauders here unfortunately.

Now, you can include 'mass inflation' where you've had Hard point inflation, though what and how much? That would be PGI's issue.

This would also allow for better weapon sizing for the models, and eliminate the need for silliness like VCR LRM pods.

Edited by Ovion, 06 June 2016 - 08:56 AM.

#13498 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:52 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 06 June 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

It's taken me a while to come around to sized and typed hard points, but I'm now all for it, well for Battle Mechs at least... omni mechs should just have pod space... let the Alternate Configurations serve as XP/C-bill bounces, provided you've got all the right equipment in those positions....

My WHM-6R has an AC10 in the right torso. ( looks guilty) backed by 4x Small Lasers and a pair of PPC in the arms....... ( but so did my TT Warhammer)

#13499 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:20 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 June 2016 - 04:52 AM, said:

I was talking about the variants/hardpoints. Posted Image

However, your original statement was, "look at the store page, all variants have weapons on both hands".

There is nothing on the variant hardpoint list on the store page to indicate that any of the weapons other than each variant's "main gun" are necessarily handheld, and the only artwork currently on the store page explicitly depicts the majority of the PHX variants' armaments as NOT handheld (specifically, the arm-mounted Medium Lasers as outboard & the arm-mounted MGs as underslung).

Also, the pictured 3D model is the Kuroi Kiri Hero 'Mech (ERLL + MLas + MG in the left arm, PPC + MLas + AMS in the right arm); as a "special" variant, its double-pistol weapon geometry (which may be its special gimmick, as both the Roc and the 3S also have the double AMS capability) may not necessarily be indicative of the "general" (e.g. non-hero) variants' weapon layouts.
Posted Image

#13500 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:29 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 June 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

My WHM-6R has an AC10 in the right torso. ( looks guilty) backed by 4x Small Lasers and a pair of PPC in the arms....... ( but so did my TT Warhammer)

i try that Posted Image

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook