ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:43 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 June 2016 - 04:09 AM, said:

Maybe he's just trying to garner more attention to it this way?

Could have sworn this was the "Ultimate Assassin Discussion Thread". Get it right, people!. GOSH!

#13782 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:46 AM

Not sure, where to ask this. Omnipods of hero- and reinforcement- clan mechs wont be avaliable for c-bills for standard variants right away, is it correct? Otherwise why would you spend $70, when you can get - quirks aside - all the variants for $15?

#13783 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

View Postbanana peel, on 23 June 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

Not sure, where to ask this. Omnipods of hero- and reinforcement- clan mechs wont be avaliable for c-bills for standard variants right away, is it correct? Otherwise why would you spend $70, when you can get - quirks aside - all the variants for $15?

I think PGI didn't reveal exactly how it will work.

My guess is:
- you will be able to buy "hero" omniparts for MCs and mount them in the other variants
- OR those omniparts can be used in other variants, but are limited, meaning you will own only one of each (those which came with the hero).

#13784 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostOdanan, on 23 June 2016 - 06:15 AM, said:

I think PGI didn't reveal exactly how it will work.

My guess is:
- you will be able to buy "hero" omniparts for MCs and mount them in the other variants
- OR those omniparts can be used in other variants, but are limited, meaning you will own only one of each (those which came with the hero).

Oh, wow. They better do it soon, if they want their preorders. If they wont reveal it - i wont gamble, if they do, and it will be smth like you've mentioned, i will definitely consider ordering standard or standard+hero.

#13785 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

View PostOdanan, on 22 June 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

Wasp + Javelin
Stinger + Valkyrie
= sucess

You don't need to kill every single enemy. Destroy 2 of the enemy light mechs (in a few seconds) and act as scout for the rest of the match.

I think the Piranha would be absolutely OP in MWO.

And the size. Have you tried to hit a Locust after the last patch?

The MG boatwould be situationally OP, but so is an SPL boat. If it catches you in its terms, it's all over but the QQ.

I don't think it'd be any different here, except for the fact that you know the little monster's limited by ammo.

Maybe this is the real reason MGs were nerfed though ...

For lights, those are the 4 I'd pick, I think. No hint whether PGI's interested though. Hm.

For Clan OmniLights, I'd like to see the Fire Moth and Fire Falcon, certainly. The Piranha seems like fun, too. My obscure-ish geek choice is the Horned Owl. The trouble for the Owl is the lack of in-game tech for its variants, though (2 are eligible). Then again the Piranha has the same problem (1 is eligible). PGI doesn't tend to outright invent more than one variant. Yes, they could, but they don't, at least since the Enforcer. So:

OmniLight Fire Flight Pack: Fire Moth and Fire Falcon

ClanTech Light Predator Pack: Piranha and Horned Owl. (Pending invented variants and/or new tech)

Edit: Yes, I actually have tried to hit Locusts since the patch. My Victors have been feasting on them somehow. I'm more concused than anything else.

Edited by Virlutris, 23 June 2016 - 07:02 AM.

#13786 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:13 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 23 June 2016 - 07:00 AM, said:

The MG boatwould be situationally OP, but so is an SPL boat. If it catches you in its terms, it's all over but the QQ.

I don't think it'd be any different here, except for the fact that you know the little monster's limited by ammo.

Maybe this is the real reason MGs were nerfed though ...

For lights, those are the 4 I'd pick, I think. No hint whether PGI's interested though. Hm.

For Clan OmniLights, I'd like to see the Fire Moth and Fire Falcon, certainly. The Piranha seems like fun, too. My obscure-ish geek choice is the Horned Owl. The trouble for the Owl is the lack of in-game tech for its variants, though (2 are eligible). Then again the Piranha has the same problem (1 is eligible). PGI doesn't tend to outright invent more than one variant. Yes, they could, but they don't, at least since the Enforcer. So:

OmniLight Fire Flight Pack: Fire Moth and Fire Falcon

ClanTech Light Predator Pack: Piranha and Horned Owl. (Pending invented variants and/or new tech)

Edit: Yes, I actually have tried to hit Locusts since the patch. My Victors have been feasting on them somehow. I'm more concused than anything else.

Did you get hit in the head really hard?

The advantage that the Piranha would have is that you could dump the ERSL and ERML for more ammo, keep the stock 10 SHS and not worry about the 'heat' from 12 MG's going off.... so right there, that's 3t of ammo for 12 MG's, should be more than enough to eat something from behind.

As for PGI inventing more than one variant, the:

MAL-1P
MAL-2P
MAL-MX90

All say hi, none of those are canon Maulers. Though you could argue that the MX90 is actually the http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Daboku

#13787 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:23 AM

I know Cougar is not great, but it is popular. Specially if they make a JJ varriant that would be not half bad, and fit with the "slower" but more guns Clans they are adding lately. Would complement the Nightgyr and Huntsman well.

Edited by CK16, 23 June 2016 - 07:23 AM.

#13788 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:25 AM

View PostCK16, on 23 June 2016 - 07:23 AM, said:

I know Cougar is not great, but it is popular. Specially if they make a JJ varriant that would be not half bad, and fit with the "slower" but more guns Clans they are adding lately. Would complement the Nightgyr and Huntsman well.

Cougar FTW!

I hope that mech makes it into the game one day. It would be one of the very few packs I would purchase at this point.

#13789 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:29 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 23 June 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

Cougar FTW!

I hope that mech makes it into the game one day. It would be one of the very few packs I would purchase at this point.

Same here, but till then my CGR-PRIME (would CGR be the call letters for the Cougar?), lets me pretend to be using a Cougar....

#13790 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:33 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 23 June 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

Cougar FTW!

I assume it is a shoe in just as the Mk II and Nova Cat, those plus the Blood Asp as pretty iconic 3060's Clan mechs. Specially for MW4, but...as much as I hate to give it credit...Mech Assault.....those were the big Clan mechs for those eras

#13791 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:42 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 June 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Same here, but till then my CGR-PRIME (would CGR be the call letters for the Cougar?), lets me pretend to be using a Cougar....

Yeah, that's pretty legit. A Cougar is pretty much a reworked Adder :)

#13792 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:47 AM

View PostCK16, on 23 June 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

I assume it is a shoe in just as the Mk II and Nova Cat, those plus the Blood Asp as pretty iconic 3060's Clan mechs. Specially for MW4, but...as much as I hate to give it credit...Mech Assault.....those were the big Clan mechs for those eras

The Cougar was the only thing decent to come out of Mech Assault.

That being said, 3060's Omni-mech pack, as predicted by Metus...

Cougar
Stooping hawk / Hellion / Grendel
Nova Cat
Blood Asp

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 23 June 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:

Yeah, that's pretty legit. A Cougar is pretty much a reworked Adder Posted Image

"After the Refusal War with Clan Wolf, Falcon Khan Marthe Pryde decided to upgrade the 'Mechs her Clan fielded as they rebuilt. Rather than waste precious resources designing a new OmniMech from the ground up, she instructed her scientists to improve upon existing designs. The design the scientists chose to modify was the Adder. Though the two 'Mechs are visually similar and share the same weight, the Falcon Cougar is slower and better armed, though it only has five and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. This process enabled the Falcon scientists to produce a new design in roughly half the time it would have taken them otherwise."

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cougar

Not pretty much, it is a reworked Adder.

#13793 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 June 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

The Cougar was the only thing decent to come out of Mech Assault.

That being said, 3060's Omni-mech pack, as predicted by Metus...

Cougar
Stooping hawk / Hellion / Grendel
Nova Cat
Blood Asp

"After the Refusal War with Clan Wolf, Falcon Khan Marthe Pryde decided to upgrade the 'Mechs her Clan fielded as they rebuilt. Rather than waste precious resources designing a new OmniMech from the ground up, she instructed her scientists to improve upon existing designs. The design the scientists chose to modify was the Adder. Though the two 'Mechs are visually similar and share the same weight, the Falcon Cougar is slower and better armed, though it only has five and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. This process enabled the Falcon scientists to produce a new design in roughly half the time it would have taken them otherwise."

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cougar

Not pretty much, it is a reworked Adder.

Pretty sure the Cougar was in MW4 first as an official mech, not mektek :D

#13794 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostCK16, on 23 June 2016 - 08:04 AM, said:

Pretty sure the Cougar was in MW4 first as an official mech, not mektek Posted Image

I know the Cougar was in the basic MW4 Vengeance, might've been the starter mech.. I know in MW4 Mercs I usually chose Dargoons, so I got to start with a Cougar there...

#13795 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 June 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

I know the Cougar was in the basic MW4 Vengeance, might've been the starter mech.. I know in MW4 Mercs I usually chose Dargoons, so I got to start with a Cougar there...

Yea possibly, will have to check that. I usually always chose Highlanders and never had to worry about income lol. Though finding Kell hounds a decent middle ground, access to Clan tech early, though income is rather hard to come by at times (funding my company with salvaged IS crap :P) only keep a few IS chassis and weapons on hand.

#13796 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:18 AM

View PostCK16, on 23 June 2016 - 08:11 AM, said:

Yea possibly, will have to check that. I usually always chose Highlanders and never had to worry about income lol. Though finding Kell hounds a decent middle ground, access to Clan tech early, though income is rather hard to come by at times (funding my company with salvaged IS crap Posted Image) only keep a few IS chassis and weapons on hand.

I never had to worry about funding when I ran Clan... I only ever bought a few mechs here and there, I used salvage 99% of the time, though what I didn't use, or would upgrade to mech wise, I sold.

#13797 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 June 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

(would CGR be the call letters for the Cougar?)

"CGR" is already taken by the Charger.

The Cougar would probably have to be something like "COU", "COGR", "CUGR", or "COUG".

#13798 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:26 AM

Coug reminds me of Top Gun "Pull up Coug!" Some something of the like

#13799 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:27 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 23 June 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

"CGR" is already taken by the Charger.

The Cougar would probably have to be something like "COU", "COGR", "CUGR", or "COUG".

Well that strikes my guess... what about CUR?

#13800 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:26 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 June 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

Well that strikes my guess... what about CUR?

Or CUG...

32 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook