20517 replies to this topic

#14421 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:54 PM

Should be an Uziel that had over 250+ votes I believe in an achieved thread. (Who knows all those 200 that left might come back) *sarcasm*

#14422 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:16 PM

View PostImperius, on 01 September 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

Should be an Uziel that had over 250+ votes I believe in an achieved thread. (Who knows all those 200 that left might come back) *sarcasm*

I'd really rather have the Bushwacker over the Uziel....

#14423 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

The mech is ~12 years in the future of the timeline. It will surely come to MWO (with most MW4 mechs) but I guess those will wait until 2017 or 2018 to start showing up.
I hope until there PGI give those mechs the futuretech weapons they deserve.

#14424 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:15 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 01 September 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

The Devastator isn't that slow, it's just as fast as an Atlas, so could see 62.7km/h with a 360 series engine, same as an Atlas... Mind you, you couldn't cram in both Gauss Rifles, 2 PPC (likely changed out for LPL's knowing this community) and 4 MLas with a 360 standard.... I mean you do only get 36t for weapons an equipment using a 360 standard with Endo... But still not bad!

More specifically, it's slower with the stock loadout than the Kodiak with the stock loadout. :P

You're right, the math changes once the loadout's updated. I hadn't intended to give an impression indicating otherwise. I'd tend to think the Dev. (lol) would still be slower because of the relative weight and crit-space differences between the tech bases, but it's still be cool :D

#14425 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:26 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 01 September 2016 - 02:15 PM, said:

More specifically, it's slower with the stock loadout than the Kodiak with the stock loadout. Posted Image

You're right, the math changes once the loadout's updated. I hadn't intended to give an impression indicating otherwise. I'd tend to think the Dev. (lol) would still be slower because of the relative weight and crit-space differences between the tech bases, but it's still be cool Posted Image

Well yea, but I am on record going back a couple of years now, saying that the Kodiak would brake the game... 'Cept I used the Kodiak 1 as an example as to why it shouldn't be in the game, little did I know the hell they would unleash with the Kodiak 3...

#14426 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:21 PM

because the Uziel would have offered so much...oh look, another Phoenix Hawk......

Darn shame when clearer heads prevail. Happens rarely enough around here to celebrate the small victories.

View PostMetus regem, on 01 September 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

I'd really rather have the Bushwacker over the Uziel....

Uziel is one of my favorite Mediums. But even I can look at the specs and realize it won't translate to a very impressive bot, in MWO. In large part due to how limp missile slots are in small numbers (just ask poor old VND)

View PostOdanan, on 01 September 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

The mech is ~12 years in the future of the timeline. It will surely come to MWO (with most MW4 mechs) but I guess those will wait until 2017 or 2018 to start showing up.
I hope until there PGI give those mechs the futuretech weapons they deserve.

BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!! *stomps to bedroom and slams door*

#14427 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:24 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 01 September 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

The Devastator isn't that slow, it's just as fast as an Atlas, so could see 62.7km/h with a 360 series engine, same as an Atlas... Mind you, you couldn't cram in both Gauss Rifles, 2 PPC (likely changed out for LPL's knowing this community) and 4 MLas with a 360 standard.... I mean you do only get 36t for weapons an equipment using a 360 standard with Endo... But still not bad!

and if remotely true to source art? Thing is gonna be a Barndoor to make the Awesome get jealous.
Posted Image

I think like the Annihilator, it's one of those TT designs that sadly won't translate nearly as well as one might hope. Unfortunatley.

#14428 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:24 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 September 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

and if remotely true to source art? Thing is gonna be a Barndoor to make the Awesome get jealous.
Posted Image

I think like the Annihilator, it's one of those TT designs that sadly won't translate nearly as well as one might hope. Unfortunatley.

Which is why people should move onto the Nightstar.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Nightstar

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

High mounted weapons, narrow frontal profile, arms that help spread damage, 1 variants comes with a 380xl (Any engine you want), chicken walker and so on & so forth. The worst thing you can say about it is most of it's variants have hands which are useless in MWO. It's a sexy mech already but imagine how epic Alex's rendition would be?

#14429 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:03 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 September 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

Actually the Uziel is ok, and it will translate really bad into MWO ( I'd be more curious how Alex designs it with the weapon tumors system we have.) Again people miss the the point because they already have a picture of me in their heads. Fine whatever don't really care so much. It's a fact the Uziel was the top on that old poll I don't even think I voted in it just came across it. I'm pointing out instead of releasing mechs people actually wanted PGI keeps on releasing what they want. In fact I'm starting to think its Paul and his dart board that is choosing mechs.

If the Uziel comes great not buying it. If I'm not amazed by this "top secret" info (Solaris) at MechCon I'll meet some great people, see if I like HBS game, get some signatures, and cut my losses.

I made a topic a few days ago and realized my fears. You posted in it. The majority of the younger generation of BT (MW3/4, MA1,MA2) are gone already. Got tired of waiting and jumped ship.

PGI likes to release their mechs like their features " minimally viable products" of course most come DOA.

Edited by Imperius, 01 September 2016 - 06:16 PM.

#14430 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:42 AM

OK, new week = new mech!

Wasp!
Charger!
Assassin!
Crusader!
Longbow!

#14431 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:12 AM

Here comes the flea

#14432 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:33 AM

View PostImperius, on 04 September 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

Here comes the flea

Oh God no.
(but it is actually possible, considering it was confirmed in HBS's Battletech)

#14433 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostOdanan, on 04 September 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

Oh God no.

Wait what?
It was confirmed there?

What?
When?
Where?
Something something maybe Quads?

#14434 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

Oh God no.

I seem to recall that the problem was the netcode, wasn't it? Thing was too fast for the game to handle. That in no way means that the art work/3D model wouldn't have been developped. Actually, it sorta suggests that it was completed for the beta/test servers, but never saw the light of the live servers. It'd be easy to ship it over to HBS' game even if it's still causing problems with MWO.

#14435 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

Oh God no.

I don't want the flea either but looking at the minimally viable approach.

>The art is done
>HBS has it in their game (new info to me because I don't follow HBS)
>People want it (for some reason but who am I to judge)
>It's DOA

#14436 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts
  • LocationPacific North West USA

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

View PostImperius, on 04 September 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

I don't want the flea either but looking at the minimally viable approach.

>The art is done
>HBS has it in their game (new info to me because I don't follow HBS)
>People want it (for some reason but who am I to judge)
>It's DOA

2 things, I want a new light and 2nd, I don't want it to be the Flea. Pulling for Wasp/Stinger/ Valkrie or Wraith. Clan side the Pirahna or Incubus would be fun.

#14437 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 05:22 PM

View PostRock Roller, on 04 September 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

2 things, I want a new light and 2nd, I don't want it to be the Flea. Pulling for Wasp/Stinger/ Valkrie or Wraith. Clan side the Pirahna or Incubus would be fun.

Pretty sure if I light makes it to the game it will be a flea... Too many threads about it and it does already have art done for it.

#14438 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 September 2016 - 05:57 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 04 September 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

I seem to recall that the problem was the netcode, wasn't it? Thing was too fast for the game to handle. That in no way means that the art work/3D model wouldn't have been developped. Actually, it sorta suggests that it was completed for the beta/test servers, but never saw the light of the live servers. It'd be easy to ship it over to HBS' game even if it's still causing problems with MWO.

Maybe there was this concern before the introduction of MASC in the game, but as it was implemented [limited], the Flea with MASC active would be actually slower than a maxed Death's Knell.

Russ showed his rejection for the Flea some times in the past. The concept art was done yes, and there is a 3d model by a 3rd party, but nothing indicates the mech was coded/animated/textured or even modeled by PGI.

I believe the Flea, as a perfect surrogate for the iconic Locust, was planned before PGI decided to bite the bullet and release the first Unseen mechs (Project Phoenix). With the Locust released, there is no more meaning for the Flea.

Come on, who would release the Flea instead of the most common mech in the universe, a mech so tight-up with the Macross heritage, one of the most classic mechs of the IP, the Wasp?

I never cared for the Flea in MWO. This is a mech insignificant in terms of lore that would only be a bad Locust in this game. With the effort to make it look like the Locust (as the JagerMech was made like the Rifleman), it actually looks worst that the MW4 version. Ugly, insignificant, dispensable.

#14439 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:13 PM

That's ok just look at all the DOA mechs that have been released recently. PGI does not seem to care if its popular or highly requested. You are painfully aware of my sudden interest in mech releases back in Dec/Jan and the storm that came after. Funny that CK16 guy disappeared or someone got tired of keeping up an alt account.

#14440 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:32 PM

View PostImperius, on 04 September 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

That's ok just look at all the DOA mechs that have been released recently. PGI does not seem to care if its popular or highly requested. You are painfully aware of my sudden interest in mech releases back in Dec/Jan and the storm that came after. Funny that CK16 guy disappeared or someone got tired of keeping up an alt account.

I actually keep in regular touch with CK, and he's been swamped with work and a new girlfriend on top of hitting the rank of Star Commander in CGBI, so busy, but he still pops in here regularly, he also really loved my 85t Omni-mech version of his and your beloved Mk II.

42 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 42 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook