#17021 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:42 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 24 July 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

Making it even better, the arms? They have nothing. You could opt to strip those, if you wanted to.

Doesn't change the fact that it will be huge thanks to Volumetric Scaling.

#17022 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:49 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 24 July 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

It looks like you used to play with 35 tonners... don't worry, even having almost the size of a 40 tonner (as it should be), they are still pretty good.

The same for the other lights. There are some dedicated light pilots in my unit that wreck havoc with Firestarters, Spiders, Commandos and Locusts. Mind that they all have ping 180+. Give light mechs another chance.

Anyway, Volumetric Scaling was a blessing.

PS: really looking forward for the Wasp and Fire Moth (OK, I might need to wait a lot for the 'Moth).

#17023 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:32 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 24 July 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

They'll still be smaller than a Commando, Mist Lynx, Firestarter or Arctic Cheetah....

#17024 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 25 July 2017 - 04:32 AM, said:

They'll still be smaller than a Commando, Mist Lynx, Firestarter or Arctic Cheetah....

Piranha will not be bad. Clan Locust (Clan XL, ES, FF, Micro Lasers...) with 3x the hardpoints? It will be OP.

#17025 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:51 AM

View PostOdanan, on 25 July 2017 - 04:45 AM, said:

Piranha will not be bad. Clan Locust (Clan XL, ES, FF, Micro Lasers...) with 3x the hardpoints? It will be OP.

Yup, it'll be a fun ride for about three seconds or so... she is going to need face time to make all those MG's really count.

#17026 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:37 AM

View PostOdanan, on 25 July 2017 - 03:49 AM, said:

It looks like you used to play with 35 tonners... don't worry, even having almost the size of a 40 tonner (as it should be), they are still pretty good.

The same for the other lights. There are some dedicated light pilots in my unit that wreck havoc with Firestarters, Spiders, Commandos and Locusts. Mind that they all have ping 180+. Give light mechs another chance.

Anyway, Volumetric Scaling was a blessing.

PS: really looking forward for the Wasp and Fire Moth (OK, I might need to wait a lot for the 'Moth).
Size of a 40 tonner? Try size of a 45- 50 tonner.Volumetric Scaling was by and far more of a curse than a blessing. Oh sure, it downsized mechs that were too large, but every single mech that got increased not only didn't need to be, but it also ruined the diversity of the game. Black Knight was balanced, Zeus was UP even when it was small for an Assault. The only mech in the game that was OP that last month was the Oxide and even then the Oxide's OPness had nothing to do with size.

Edited by Requiemking, 25 July 2017 - 09:38 AM.

#17027 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 25 July 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Size of a 40 tonner? Try size of a 45- 50 tonner.Volumetric Scaling was by and far more of a curse than a blessing. Oh sure, it downsized mechs that were too large, but every single mech that got increased not only didn't need to be, but it also ruined the diversity of the game. Black Knight was balanced, Zeus was UP even when it was small for an Assault. The only mech in the game that was OP that last month was the Oxide and even then the Oxide's OPness had nothing to do with size.

Sizes are correct now. If balance is needed, PGI should try something (quirks, better hitboxes, etc)

But, TBH, I think the solution is to reward better the lighter mechs for scouting and supporting. No every mech in the battlefield needs to be a killer.

BTW, guys, one week to end the early adopter rewards! Next pack announcement is coming closer!

#17028 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

On a different note, you guys should totally try this MWO Loadout Simulator (in the link is a battle between a COM and a MLX).

Oh, and considering this poll, I think we might move away from the 4-mech pack for a while. :(

Edited by Odanan, 25 July 2017 - 11:30 AM.

#17029 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostOdanan, on 25 July 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

On a different note, you guys should totally try this MWO Loadout Simulator (in the link is a battle between a COM and a MLX).

Oh, and considering this poll, I think we might move away from the 4-mech pack for a while. Posted Image

I've been using it, seem like my YLW will beat my Bushy X2 every time, only if the X2 is closer than 350m, then the Bushy wins every time.

#17030 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

So, with Harmony Gold once more rearing their lawsuithappy head at HBS, PGI and CGL I think we probably won't be seeing the Crusader or any other remaining unseen until the whole stupid debacle is put to rest again. Here's hoping those wet, stinky skidmarks on the underpants of the Giant Robot genre will get slapped down once and for all.

#17031 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 25 July 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

So, with Harmony Gold once more rearing their lawsuithappy head at HBS, PGI and CGL I think we probably won't be seeing the Crusader or any other remaining unseen until the whole stupid debacle is put to rest again. Here's hoping those wet, stinky skidmarks on the underpants of the Giant Robot genre will get slapped down once and for all.

Noooooooooo!!!!..................

#17032 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostOdanan, on 25 July 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Noooooooooo!!!!..................

Don't worry too much, and have a good laugh...

Page 29, lines 22 to 27:

"6. Plaintiff’s claims are barred, in whole or in part, because Plaintiff does not own

some or all of the works of authorship that form the subject of the claims for relief.

7. Plaintiff’s claims are barred, in whole or in part, because some or all of the

works of authorship that form the subject of the claims for relief are not original to Plaintiff

and, therefore, Plaintiff lacks standing to pursue these claims.."

source document:
https://www.unitedst...42820/38-0.html

#17033 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 25 July 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

Don't worry too much, and have a good laugh...

Page 29, lines 22 to 27:

"6. Plaintiff’s claims are barred, in whole or in part, because Plaintiff does not own

some or all of the works of authorship that form the subject of the claims for relief.

7. Plaintiff’s claims are barred, in whole or in part, because some or all of the

works of authorship that form the subject of the claims for relief are not original to Plaintiff

and, therefore, Plaintiff lacks standing to pursue these claims.."

source document:
https://www.unitedst...42820/38-0.html

That's not a ruling. That's HBS request for dismissal and the reasons for the request. If it goes to trial, the jury trial isn't scheduled until September 2018. Otherwise, there's been no word on dismissal or other out-of-court conclusions.

However, with that said, I too hope that HG gets the complete back-handing that they deserve and are sent packing once and for all.

#17034 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

View PostSereglach, on 25 July 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

That's not a ruling. That's HBS request for dismissal and the reasons for the request. If it goes to trial, the jury trial isn't scheduled until September 2018. Otherwise, there's been no word on dismissal or other out-of-court conclusions.

However, with that said, I too hope that HG gets the complete back-handing that they deserve and are sent packing once and for all.

TO be fair, there is good reason to beilve that they will, thanks to what happend in the case of HG vs Hasbro over the SDCC Jet-Fire...

HG went after Hasbro for infringment over this:

Posted Image

That case got dismissed with prejudice by the courts, that ruling really hurts HG's case here, not to mention the Japanese rulings in the case of who owns the Macross IP, as that was determined the ownership belongs to the companies that HG did not get the rights from in the first place, meaning HG's entire case is built on hot air, and if anything they are using the IP unlawfully.

#17035 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:16 AM

I was hoping to throw a party for this thread 5 years anniversary tomorrow, but now I saw it was created in June 27 2012. Bummer.

#17036 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

View PostOdanan, on 26 July 2017 - 04:16 AM, said:

I was hoping to throw a party for this thread 5 years anniversary tomorrow, but now I saw it was created in June 27 2012. Bummer.

you could at least tell us what the party was like. Then we could pretend it happened in June ;P

#17037 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

Well well Mr Zeus did dance a Walz with pretty baby.
.but i can tell you guys not invited did make a anti-Party outside. Very bad behaviour by those Thugs not to mention legacy and daikyu
The latest guest the Night star was covered with eggs and tomatos.
As said very rough behaviour by those outsiders

#17038 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 26 July 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

you could at least tell us what the party was like. Then we could pretend it happened in June ;P

I would have 24h to think about it. Now it's gone, gone, gone, woh

#17039 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 23 July 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Doesn't that hero mauler have a B in each arm? Also, I thought one of the Victors has a 2B arm, but I might be mistaken.

Little delayed, but yeah, most Victors have at least 2B in that right arm.

- 9K has 1B, 9 crits (odd variant out)
- DS has 2B, 9 crits
- 9S has 2B, 10 crits
- 9B has 3B, 10 crits

#17040 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:42 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 27 July 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

Little delayed, but yeah, most Victors have at least 2B in that right arm.

- 9K has 1B, 9 crits (odd variant out)
- DS has 2B, 9 crits
- 9S has 2B, 10 crits
- 9B has 3B, 10 crits

Speaking of Victors, I've got one and I've been running this on it:

VTR-9S

I've found the LFE was able to breath new life into her.... and the UAC/20 really helped too.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users