20517 replies to this topic

#17041 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 27 July 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Speaking of Victors, I've got one and I've been running this on it:

VTR-9S

I've found the LFE was able to breath new life into her.... and the UAC/20 really helped too.

That UAC20 is mighty tempting on a few builds, isn't it? :)

I've been considering upgrading the dakka-troll 9B to a UAC5+AC5+UAC2, myself. Trololololololololololololol.

#17042 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 27 July 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

That UAC20 is mighty tempting on a few builds, isn't it? Posted Image

I've been considering upgrading the dakka-troll 9B to a UAC5+AC5+UAC2, myself. Trololololololololololololol.

I've got a rather amusing IS troll mech right now:

VND-1X

It used to run an XL engine with 3 AC/2's... but this is much more annoying... get a good perch and troll away.

#17043 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 27 July 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

I've got a rather amusing IS troll mech right now:

VND-1X

It used to run an XL engine with 3 AC/2's... but this is much more annoying... get a good perch and troll away.

I'd been considering this, but with an XL for moar spammo. The pre-NewTech, dual AC5 build was kinda streaky, but still felt better than most. Peek-trades might be a bit better with UAC2x2 burst instead, and better survivabiliteh with the added range.

/minmaxgeekery

I'm gonna play around with this eventually. I always end up cycling around to mechs like these for a change of pace. :)

Related note: I'm going to upgrade my WVR-7D(L) "dakka-lakka" build to a UAC5+UAC2+ERML eventually. Not because it's especially good, but because it's a fun way to play the thing's hit-and-run UAC potential to the hilt with it's UAC5 quirks and its MASC.

I'm going to run something similar on my Grid Iron too (because Gauss is not worth it, for me). Obviously with no MASC, probably with an LE.

#17044 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 27 July 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

I'd been considering this, but with an XL for moar spammo. The pre-NewTech, dual AC5 build was kinda streaky, but still felt better than most. Peek-trades might be a bit better with UAC2x2 burst instead, and better survivabiliteh with the added range.

/minmaxgeekery

I'm gonna play around with this eventually. I always end up cycling around to mechs like these for a change of pace. Posted Image

Related note: I'm going to upgrade my WVR-7D(L) "dakka-lakka" build to a UAC5+UAC2+ERML eventually. Not because it's especially good, but because it's a fun way to play the thing's hit-and-run UAC potential to the hilt with it's UAC5 quirks and its MASC.

I'm going to run something similar on my Grid Iron too (because Gauss is not worth it, for me). Obviously with no MASC, probably with an LE.

If you've got a YLW, I'd suggest this build on it, I had great run of games with it the other night...

YEN-LO-WANG

That LFE and UAC/20 gave it so much bite and staying power... not to mention she runs super cool... at least when you compare it to other mechs I normally run...

#17045 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:16 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 27 July 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

If you've got a YLW, I'd suggest this build on it, I had great run of games with it the other night...

YEN-LO-WANG

That LFE and UAC/20 gave it so much bite and staying power... not to mention she runs super cool... at least when you compare it to other mechs I normally run...

I actually prefer to run the UAC20 with the classic XL300 and 2MPL on the ENF-4P. It picks up an extra crit slot over the YLW, because it's missing that left hand actuator. That's the difference that allows it to run Ferro-Fibrous armor and scrape up a smidgen more weight.

I just keep hitting and running and twisting like a mad fool. Duck out for a sec to cool off or ride out a jam, then dive back in. Still seems to work nicely :)

Edit: since I discovered that I like the 20-class cannon skirmisher builds better on the Yen-forcer, I still need to figure out what I want to do with my Yen Lo. Hmm.

Double-edit: forgot to mention, seems like the link was borqed. I got a stripped build. :( Unless ... you were pulling my leg, you kidder you.

Edited by Virlutris, 27 July 2017 - 11:22 AM.

#17046 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 27 July 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

I actually prefer to run the UAC20 with the classic XL300 and 2MPL on the ENF-4P. It picks up an extra crit slot over the YLW, because it's missing that left hand actuator. That's the difference that allows it to run Ferro-Fibrous armor and scrape up a smidgen more weight.

I just keep hitting and running and twisting like a mad fool. Duck out for a sec to cool off or ride out a jam, then dive back in. Still seems to work nicely Posted Image

Edit: since I discovered that I like the 20-class cannon skirmisher builds better on the Yen-forcer, I still need to figure out what I want to do with my Yen Lo. Hmm.

Double-edit: forgot to mention, seems like the link was borqed. I got a stripped build. Posted Image Unless ... you were pulling my leg, you kidder you.

Yea, it was borked for some reason...

YEN-LO-WANG

There that should've fixed it...

#17047 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 27 July 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

Yea, it was borked for some reason...

YEN-LO-WANG

There that should've fixed it...

Ah, I see what you did there. How's it play when if/the LT goes before the last of the ammo?

#17048 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 27 July 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

Ah, I see what you did there. How's it play when if/the LT goes before the last of the ammo?

Hotter and slower to twist, but not that bad. I've gotten twisting her down well so by the time I've killed two or three mechs, so I consider that I've done my part, and no longer care if I get taken out.

#17049 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

What do you guys prefer? 1 mech/month pack or the jumbo 4-mech pack (in 2-3 months schedule)?

#17050 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

Because Russ asked that and the majority preferred 1 mech/month pack.

I'm afraid that would lead to very few light mechs being released (I see more diversity in 4-mech packs).

#17051 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

As I sated there, I like 1 a month, alternating between IS and Clans.. That way we can get a bit more polish on the units.

#17052 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:07 AM

1 a month for both IS and Clan (so really 2 a month). there are Tonnage population spikes when that happens so it'd be even better if they made sure they weren't the same weight class to help spread the drop tonnage

#17053 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 28 July 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

1 a month for both IS and Clan (so really 2 a month). there are Tonnage population spikes when that happens so it'd be even better if they made sure they weren't the same weight class to help spread the drop tonnage

Yep, that would be my choice too. The art team have proved before they can make 4 mechs in 2 months so I guess 2 in a month wouldn't be a problem. I'm only afraid that mechs might come out with unpolished aspects (like animation) or, even worst, that this would drain resources away (2D and 3D artists) from making maps.

#17054 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

View PostOdanan, on 28 July 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Yep, that would be my choice too. The art team have proved before they can make 4 mechs in 2 months so I guess 2 in a month wouldn't be a problem. I'm only afraid that mechs might come out with unpolished aspects (like animation) or, even worst, that this would drain resources away (2D and 3D artists) from making maps.

From what I understand, those are separate teams and that the production of mechs doesn't affect other departments. Let's be honest about what we mean by "unpolished" and say that they really just need to work on mech kinematics because the Direwolf and Mad Cat MKII both have laughable walk animations. I'm hoping that IK will address this, but I don't think there is much they can do about it right now even if given more time.

#17055 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

If the 1 mech/month system returns, I want to see something like this:

August: Fire Moth - Clan, 20 tons (or, if not technically possible, Piranha, even if I'm afraid 10+ MGs would be OP).
September: Argus - IS, 60 tons (I would prefer the Crusader, but the 60 tons bracket actually needs more options)
October: Blood Asp - Clan, 90 tons
November: Wasp - IS, 20 tons
December: Rifleman IIC - Clan, 65 tons
January: Fafnir - IS, 100 tons (only left this for the last because IS got 2 assaults in a roll)
February: MW4's Hellhound - Clan, 50 tons (replaceable by the Black Lanner)
March: Chimera - IS, 40 tons (or Hellspawn)

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 28 July 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

From what I understand, those are separate teams and that the production of mechs doesn't affect other departments. Let's be honest about what we mean by "unpolished" and say that they really just need to work on mech kinematics because the Direwolf and Mad Cat MKII both have laughable walk animations. I'm hoping that IK will address this, but I don't think there is much they can do about it right now even if given more time.

I don't think PGI has 2d and 3d artists exclusive for making objects for maps. Otherwise, what they are doing all this time?
Mappers, on the other hand, are completely separated roles (and the last time I checked, they had 2).

Edited by Odanan, 28 July 2017 - 10:39 AM.

#17056 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

View PostOdanan, on 28 July 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

February: MW4's Hellhound - Clan, 50 tons (replaceable by the Black Lanner)
Absolutely not. Not unless CGL canonizes it as its own mech, seperate from the real Hellhound.

Edited by Requiemking, 28 July 2017 - 10:41 AM.

#17057 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

i still want the grizzly. Hauptmann would be neat as well.

#17058 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

Soo, a question to old players. I bought a bunch of heroes on this sale and among them was a hero Night Gyr.

And then I noticed its strangely sluggish for a heavy mech. And then I looked on stats and compared them to other mechs and as it turned out NightGyrs have actually worse mobility stats than the Highlanders for instance. And ever so slightly better then Atlas. I mean stuff like turn speed, torso speed, angles, etc.

Was it always like that or were they nerfed hard at some point after release?

Edited by Nema Nabojiv, 28 July 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#17059 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 28 July 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

Absolutely not. Not unless CGL canonizes it as its own mech, seperate from the real Hellhound.

Given CGL just made canon the MW4 Flea art in Technical Readout: Succession Wars as a variant of the Flea, never say never...

#17060 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 28 July 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

Soo, a question to old players. I bought a bunch of heroes on this sale and among them was a hero Night Gyr.

And then I noticed its strangely sluggish for a heavy mech. And then I looked on stats and compared them to other mechs and as it turned out NightGyrs have actually worse mobility stats than the Highlanders for instance. And ever so slightly better then Atlas. I mean stuff like turn speed, torso speed, angles, etc.

Was it always like that or were they nerfed hard at some point after release?

It was always described as an extremely slow mech, but it carries good armor and great firepower as a trade off for that.

Edited by SuperFunkTron, 28 July 2017 - 02:47 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users