RA: 3 Medium Lasers
RT: SRM6, LRM10, ?
CT: no weapon?
H : no weapon?
LT: no weapon?
LA: Gauss Rifle

So, just off whats' visible....

3 Beam, 2 Missile, 1 Ballistic.

Now, they might have more then that but that's the stock load out. So we might see something like one more hardpoint for any of the three, but I'd say an extra beam or ballistic.

#2982 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostOdanan, on 23 March 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

Ahhhhhhhh it is!!! Highlander Hero mech! Look at the loadout:

RA: 3 Medium Lasers
RT: SRM6, LRM10, ?
CT: no weapon?
H : no weapon?
LT: no weapon?
LA: Gauss Rifle

What's visible upon closer inspection:

Head: Speakers
CT: Jump Jets
Right Torso: 2 Medium Lasers
Left Torso: LRM20
Left Arm: 3 Medium lasers
Right Arm: Gauss

Standard Highlander
Head: nothing
CT: Jump Jets
RT: Medium Lasers
LT: LRM20
LA: SRM6
RA: Gauss

Ho ho ho!

#2983 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

I'm craving me some assaults, glad to know the Highlander is just around the corner. :)

#2984 Vincent Lynch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

so, from everything what I read about the Highlander, we will probably get the following. (just guesswork)
one Chassis with 1 ballistic, 3 missile, and 3 energy hardpoints;
one Chassis with 2 ballistic, 2 missile, and 3 energy hardpoints;
one Chassis with 5 or 6 energy and 2 or 3 missile hardpoints (that's the one with the PPC arm);
and now a hero mech with 1 or 2 ballistic hardpoints, 1 missile hardpoint, and 5 energy hardpoints.
Fine by me. :)

#2985 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostButane9000, on 23 March 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

Right Torso: 2 Medium Lasers
Left Torso: LRM20

LRM20? I see a LRM with 10 tubes there - there is no way to know if it is a LRM20 or a LRM10.

2 Medium Lasers in the Right Torso? Where? I can't see them.

#2986 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Hey, the speakers kind of look like those I made for a repaint:

Posted Image

#2987 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 23 March 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

so, from everything what I read about the Highlander, we will probably get the following. (just guesswork)
one Chassis with 1 ballistic, 3 missile, and 3 energy hardpoints;
one Chassis with 2 ballistic, 2 missile, and 3 energy hardpoints;
one Chassis with 5 or 6 energy and 2 or 3 missile hardpoints (that's the one with the PPC arm);
and now a hero mech with 1 or 2 ballistic hardpoints, 1 missile hardpoint, and 5 energy hardpoints.
Fine by me. :P

From all appearances, there will be five Highlander chassis:
HGN-732 (confirmed in Ask the Devs 27) - "standard" variant equipped with a Gauss Rifle, FF Armor, and CASE
HGN-733 (confirmed in Ask the Devs 27) - "low-tech" variant replacing the GR with an AC/10
HGN-733C (confirmed in Ask the Devs 27) - sub-variant replacing the AC/10 with an AC/20
HGN-733P (confirmed in Ask the Devs 27) - sub-variant replacing the AC/10 with a PPC
Rhonda Snord's Highlander (confirmed in the "Go Ballistic" PAX-East trailer; see related thread here) - Hero 'Mech

The HGN-732, HGN-733, and HGN-733C would necessarily have the same general layout (a minimum of one (1) ballistic hardpoint in the Right Arm, a minimum of two (2) energy hardpoints in the Right Torso, a minimum of one (1) missile hardpoint in the Left Torso, and a minimum of one (1) missile hardpoint in the Left Arm), but would likely vary by the exact number of hardpoints (and the -733C not having a Lower Arm Actuator).

The HGN-733P would necessarily have a minimum of one (1) energy hardpoint in the Right Arm, a minimum of two (2) energy hardpoints in the Right Torso, a minimum of one (1) missile hardpoint in the Left Torso, and a minimum of one (1) missile hardpoint in the Left Arm.

PGI's "Snord model", shown in the video and the screenshot/diagram (duplicated below from this post), seems to show at least one (1) ballistic hardpoint in the Right Arm, at least two (2) missile hardpoints in the Left Torso, at least one (1) energy hardpoint in the Left Torso, and at least three (3) energy hardpoints in the Left Arm.
Posted Image

#2988 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Here is an image of the MWO's Rhonda's Highlander:

Posted Image

The Ballistic is clearly a Gauss Rifle (for the shape, effect and sound) but that point in the left torso, below of the SRMs could be anything from NARC to Small Laser. Or it could be nothing (as it don't fire in the trailer).

#2989 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

That "thing" under the SRM pads is also in the concpet art:

Posted Image

I think we can safely write it off as a result of the WiP torso model.

#2990 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostAdridos, on 23 March 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

That "thing" under the SRM pads is also in the concpet art:

I think we can safely write it off as a result of the WiP torso model.

Sorry, Adridos, but "What??".

#2991 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostOdanan, on 23 March 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Sorry, Adridos, but "What??".

I'm talking about the supposed energy weapon under the SRM launcher in the RT. If you look at the concept art, you can see it there too and as such it is just a detail that was done before they took the undone CT model to get the Highlander filmed into the trailer.

Is that what you asked about? :P

#2992 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostAdridos, on 23 March 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

I'm talking about the supposed energy weapon under the SRM launcher in the RT. If you look at the concept art, you can see it there too and as such it is just a detail that was done before they took the undone CT model to get the Highlander filmed into the trailer.

However, the concept art rather clearly shows a standard variant (ostensibly, a HGN-732) - it rather clearly shows a SRM-6 launcher in the arm and a LRM-20 launcher in the torso.

The "Snord model" shown in the video is obviously not a standard model (the layout of the torso-mounted missile launchers, if absolutely nothing else, demonstrates that), so the suspect structure could indeed be a weapon port.
The current thinking seems to be that it is an energy weapon, though it could be a single-port missile launcher (like a Narc beacon) or possibly even a ballistic weapon (a MG, if anything, for something that small).

#2993 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostAdridos, on 23 March 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

The SRM is in the arm, not the torso, but I get it.

The thing is: there is nothing under the torso missile launcher in the concept art. What you are seeing is just some metal details of the structure of the mech.

Edited by Odanan, 23 March 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#2994 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Well no matter the loadout, it'll have to be different from the stock variant if they're going to want to see it as a Hero Mech. Though if I can get that thing to play the babpipes over the battlefield, I'll buy it even if they never introduce custom paint for Hero mechs (sorry pink just isn't my colour, lol)!

#2995 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 23 March 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

From all appearances, there will be five Highlander chassis:
HGN-732 (confirmed in Ask the Devs 27) - "standard" variant equipped with a Gauss Rifle, FF Armor, and CASE
HGN-733 (confirmed in Ask the Devs 27) - "low-tech" variant replacing the GR with an AC/10
HGN-733C (confirmed in Ask the Devs 27) - sub-variant replacing the AC/10 with an AC/20
HGN-733P (confirmed in Ask the Devs 27) - sub-variant replacing the AC/10 with a PPC
Rhonda Snord's Highlander (confirmed in the "Go Ballistic" PAX-East trailer; see related thread here) - Hero 'Mech

The HGN-732, HGN-733, and HGN-733C would necessarily have the same general layout (a minimum of one (1) ballistic hardpoint in the Right Arm, a minimum of two (2) energy hardpoints in the Right Torso, a minimum of one (1) missile hardpoint in the Left Torso, and a minimum of one (1) missile hardpoint in the Left Arm), but would likely vary by the exact number of hardpoints (and the -733C not having a Lower Arm Actuator).

The HGN-733P would necessarily have a minimum of one (1) energy hardpoint in the Right Arm, a minimum of two (2) energy hardpoints in the Right Torso, a minimum of one (1) missile hardpoint in the Left Torso, and a minimum of one (1) missile hardpoint in the Left Arm.

PGI's "Snord model", shown in the video and the screenshot/diagram (duplicated below from this post), seems to show at least one (1) ballistic hardpoint in the Right Arm, at least two (2) missile hardpoints in the Left Torso, at least one (1) energy hardpoint in the Left Torso, and at least three (3) energy hardpoints in the Left Arm.
Posted Image

Judging by the picture that looks like an LRM10 not an LRM20. I do see the SRM6. Also the ballistic is a gauss if you watch the trailer.

Also of those variants I will most likely buy the 732, 733 and and 733P.

Edited by Butane9000, 23 March 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#2996 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

The side mounted launcher could still be an LRM 20 even if there's only 10 tubes. Prime example is the Atlas which has an LRM 20 in a ten tube launcher.

#2997 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostButane9000, on 23 March 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

Judging by the picture that looks like an LRM10 not an LRM20. I do see the SRM6. Also the ballistic is a gauss if you watch the trailer.

Also of those variants I will most likely buy the 732, 733 and and 733P.

View PostJack Gallows, on 23 March 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

The side mounted launcher could still be an LRM 20 even if there's only 10 tubes. Prime example is the Atlas which has an LRM 20 in a ten tube launcher.

Though, the other thing to consider is crit space - an LRM-20 consumes 5 criticals, a SRM-6 consumes 2 criticals, and a (supposed) Large Laser consumes 2 criticals.
That would be 9 criticals of weaponry (for 18 tons) in a 12-critical side-torso - and that doesn't include ammunition for the two missile launchers (which doesn't necessarily need to be in the same location).
It's not undoable.

However, one bigger concern is, as another poster pointed out, how taking out the Left Torso would remove around 6/7 (~86%) of the 'Mech's weapons (depending on total hardpoint numbers)...

#2998 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Nice looking mech but man... Take off that left torso and all of its energy and missile weapons are gone. Leaving it with just the Ballistic arm. That to me is this hero mechs biggest weakness. Love it!!! You got massive firepower but you better know how to twist that torso to take more damage on the right side lol

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 23 March 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#2999 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 23 March 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Though, the other thing to consider is crit space - an LRM-20 consumes 5 criticals, a SRM-6 consumes 2 criticals, and a (supposed) Large Laser consumes 2 criticals.
That would be 9 criticals of weaponry (for 18 tons) in a 12-critical side-torso - and that doesn't include ammunition for the two missile launchers (which doesn't necessarily need to be in the same location).
It's not undoable.

However, one bigger concern is, as another poster pointed out, how taking out the Left Torso would remove around 6/7 (~86%) of the 'Mech's weapons (depending on total hardpoint numbers)...

Don't forget dem hopper jets!

#3000 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostB3RZ3RK3R, on 23 March 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Don't forget dem hopper jets!

Do we know if the "Snord model" will necessarily be able to jump (or even equip Jump Jets), though?

Or, if so, if the Jump Jets will be located in the same areas as on the other HGN variants - suppose the Snord model has a Jump Jet in each leg and the Center Torso, rather than one in each torso location?

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users