• LocationVermont

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

And Urbies out the whazoo o.O

#3482 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

So... we should start a countdown to the date when the next mech concept is supposedly to be released by. I would but I'm busy taking tests and I'm lazy.

I know he said next 30 days but don't remember what day he said that on.

#3483 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

So are there any future plans for a 55 ton mech being released? examples - Kintaro, Hoplite, Dervish?

Edited by Necroconvict, 11 May 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#3484 ReguIus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

According to the upcoming concent tracker there are "6 More Mech Chassis Designs are 100% Finished, awaiting announcement.". There's no way to tell for sure if there are any Clan mechs included, but if not, then there's a good chance we'll get some IS 55 tonner before long.

#3485 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 11 May 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

I know he said next 30 days but don't remember what day he said that on.

He still has 12 days to do it. That incorporates two wednesdays, namely 15th and then 22nd of May.

Edited by Adridos, 12 May 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#3486 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

Dervish doesn't have enough variants.

#3487 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Looking at this list the 55 tonner would have to be the Kintaro or Hoplite with an incredibly slim and unlikely chance of the Gladiator.

The Griffin and Shadowhawk are unseen and I believe the wolverine is reseen? So we won't be seeing them. The rest do not have enough variants.

source, because it's important to cite them.

#3488 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

Well there is the base model, the DV-1S .... which did have a production hick up.... and the DV-6Md. I would be leaning more towards wanting the Kintaro though... :)

#3489 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

From both a timeline-appropriateness and number-of-variants perspective (a minimum of three (3) are needed, to function correctly in MWO's XP/skill system), the only viable 55-ton options for now are the Dervish (with the DV-6M, DV-6Md (DV-6M + XL + bigger LRM launchers + CASE), and DV-7D) and the Kintaro (with the KTO-18, KTO-19, and KTO-20).

The Hoplite isn't really a viable choice, since "every Hoplite in the Inner Sphere was destroyed during the Amaris Crisis and the early Succession Wars" and the few that exist in the IS at this point in the timeline were brought in by the Wolf's Dragoons - and not only was it held exclusive to the Dragoons, but even they don't have the means to replace lost Hoplites or produce replacement parts for those they do have, as "after the mercenaries cut ties with the Clan Homeworlds in 3020, they also lost access to replacement Hoplites".

The main point against the Dervish is that all of the variants are fairly homogeneous - missile launchers in both arms and both side-torso locations, and an additional energy weapon in each arm.
  • DV-6M (basic variant)
  • DV-6Md (non-Royal Star League era variant that uses LosTech and upgrades the LRM-10s to LRM-15s (with 3 tons of ammo); all required LosTech - XL Engine and CASE - has been rediscovered)
  • DV-7D (available in 3047; uses Endo Steel internal structure, Ferro Fibrous armor, CASE, and DHS; upgrades the SRM-2s to Streak SRM-2s (with one ton of ammo))
The DV-1S uses "primitive" tech" (which doesn't make a resurgence until the WoB J***d).

Hypothetically, PGI could differentiate the Dervish variants by:
  • DV-6M: add one additional energy hardpoint to each side-arm (for a total of two energy hardpoints in each arm, one missile hardpoint in each arm, and one missile hardpoint in each side-torso)
  • DV-6Md: add one additional missile hardpoint to each side-torso (for a total of one energy hardpoint in each arm, one missile hardpoint in each arm, and two missile hardpoints in each side-torso)
  • DV-7D: add one additional missile hardpoint to each arm (for a total of one energy hardpoint in each arm, two missile hardpoints in each arm, and one missile hardpoint in each side-torso)
As described, each Dervish variant would have a total of 8 hardpoints, with one (DV-6M) being more energy-heavy, one (DV-6Md) focusing on missiles mounted in the slower-tracking but better-armored (and more spacious, given the lack of actuators) torso, and one (DV-7D) focusing on missiles mounted in the faster-tracking but more-vulnerable (and less spacious, given the presence of the actuators) arms.

Thoughts?

EDIT: fixed links to go to the correct 'Mechs...

Edited by Strum Wealh, 12 May 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#3490 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 12 May 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

From both a timeline-appropriateness and number-of-variants perspective (a minimum of three (3) are needed, to function correctly in MWO's XP/skill system), the only viable 55-ton options for now are the Dervish (with the DV-6M, DV-6Md (DV-6M + XL + bigger LRM launchers + CASE), and DV-7D) and the Kintaro (with the KTO-18, KTO-19, and KTO-20).

The Hoplite isn't really a viable choice, since "every Hoplite in the Inner Sphere was destroyed during the Amaris Crisis and the early Succession Wars" and the few that exist in the IS at this point in the timeline were brought in by the Wolf's Dragoons - and not only was it held exclusive to the Dragoons, but even they don't have the means to replace lost Hoplites or produce replacement parts for those they do have, as "after the mercenaries cut ties with the Clan Homeworlds in 3020, they also lost access to replacement Hoplites".

The main point against the Dervish is that all of the variants are fairly homogeneous - missile launchers in both arms and both side-torso locations, and an additional energy weapon in each arm.
  • DV-6M (basic variant)
  • DV-6Md (non-Royal Star League era variant that uses LosTech and upgrades the LRM-10s to LRM-15s (with 3 tons of ammo); all required LosTech - XL Engine and CASE - has been rediscovered)
  • DV-7D (available in 3047; uses Endo Steel internal structure, Ferro Fibrous armor, CASE, and DHS; upgrades the SRM-2s to Streak SRM-2s (with one ton of ammo))
The DV-1S uses "primitive" tech" (which doesn't make a resurgence until the WoB J***d).

Hypothetically, PGI could differentiate the Dervish variants by:
  • DV-6M: add one additional energy hardpoint to each side-arm (for a total of two energy hardpoints in each arm, one missile hardpoint in each arm, and one missile hardpoint in each side-torso)
  • DV-6Md: add one additional missile hardpoint to each side-torso (for a total of one energy hardpoint in each arm, one missile hardpoint in each arm, and two missile hardpoints in each side-torso)
  • DV-7D: add one additional missile hardpoint to each arm (for a total of one energy hardpoint in each arm, two missile hardpoints in each arm, and one missile hardpoint in each side-torso)
As described, each Dervish variant would have a total of 8 hardpoints, with one (DV-6M) being more energy-heavy, one (DV-6Md) focusing on missiles mounted in the slower-tracking but better-armored (and more spacious, given the lack of actuators) torso, and one (DV-7D) focusing on missiles mounted in the faster-tracking but more-vulnerable (and less spacious, given the presence of the actuators) arms.

You nailed it.
If they ever add the Dervish (which is the only IS reasonable mech in many years), it will probably be just like that.
It is not very exciting, though. (I mean, all those very similar variants...)

#3491 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 May 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

If they ever add the Dervish (which is the only IS reasonable mech in many years), it will probably be just like that.
It is not very exciting, though. (I mean, all those very similar variants...)

Well, let's have a look at the Kintaro:
KTO-18: x2 Medium Lasers (LA, RA), x1 LRM-5 (LA), x3 SRM-6 (LA, CT, RT) {no LosTech}
KTO-19: x2 Medium Lasers (LA, RA), x1 LRM-5 (LA), x2 SRM-6 (LA, RT), x1 Narc (CT) {FF Armor}
KTO-20: x1 Large Laser (CT), x2 Medium Laser (RA, RA), x1 LRM-5 (RT), x2 SRM-6 (LA, RT) {DHS, FF Armor}

Each Kintaro variant starts with 6 hardpoints, but they'll likely need to have 8 to allow each variant to be unique-but-approximately-equal.

Perhaps adding two extra energy hardpoints to the KTO-20 (one in the CT, one in the RA), two extra missile hardpoints to the KTO-19 (one in the LA, one in the RT), and one each of an extra energy hardpoint to the KTO-18's LA and one missile hardpoint to its CT might help? :)

#3492 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:30 AM

Just a reminder to the members and more so to the DEVS. We were told that mech #20s concept art would be shown within the next 30 days. I believe we have about 10 days... Give or take a day till that deadline of "within the next 30 days". Lets keep our fingers crossed ;)

#3493 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

If by some chance they decide to announce it this week that would be great but I am not holding my breath. Wednesday the 22nd is day 30 and most likely the day of announcement for 'Mech #20 for previously discussed reasons.

#3494 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostSennin, on 13 May 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

If by some chance they decide to announce it this week that would be great but I am not holding my breath. Wednesday the 22nd is day 30 and most likely the day of announcement for 'Mech #20 for previously discussed reasons.

I would be surprised if they actually kept to the whole "next 30 days" thing.

#3495 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

will it be the Banshee or the Devastator for #20 ?, think one of them will be a hero mech! I called It ;)

#3496 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

I'd like to see them surprise us and give us the Banshee for the 95 ton and another 100 ton mech. They said they have 6 other mech ready to go so with mech #20 being an Assault mech and probably the Banshee... That would still leave 5 more mechs with at least 1 of them also being an Assault and probably another 100 tonner.

#3497 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 13 May 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

I'd like to see them surprise us and give us the Banshee for the 95 ton and another 100 ton mech. They said they have 6 other mech ready to go so with mech #20 being an Assault mech and probably the Banshee... That would still leave 5 more mechs with at least 1 of them also being an Assault and probably another 100 tonner.

I don't think they will add another IS 100 tonner so soon (for game design reasons that if people are not capable to figure out by themselves, I will not spend my time trying to explain).

It is more likely they add another 80 tonner instead. There are plenty of options: Zeus, Victor, Hatamoto-Chi, and even the Charger. Cyclops (90 tons) is also a good candidate for #6 assault.

About the #20 mech, I see the Banshee incoming.

#3498 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 12 May 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Well, let's have a look at the Kintaro:
KTO-18: x2 Medium Lasers (LA, RA), x1 LRM-5 (LA), x3 SRM-6 (LA, CT, RT) {no LosTech}
KTO-19: x2 Medium Lasers (LA, RA), x1 LRM-5 (LA), x2 SRM-6 (LA, RT), x1 Narc (CT) {FF Armor}
KTO-20: x1 Large Laser (CT), x2 Medium Laser (RA, RA), x1 LRM-5 (RT), x2 SRM-6 (LA, RT) {DHS, FF Armor}

Each Kintaro variant starts with 6 hardpoints, but they'll likely need to have 8 to allow each variant to be unique-but-approximately-equal.

Perhaps adding two extra energy hardpoints to the KTO-20 (one in the CT, one in the RA), two extra missile hardpoints to the KTO-19 (one in the LA, one in the RT), and one each of an extra energy hardpoint to the KTO-18's LA and one missile hardpoint to its CT might help? ;)

Sure, it is doable. But I think that if they wanted to add the Kintaro, there wouldn't be the Trebuchet in game.

#3499 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostOdanan, on 13 May 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

I don't think they will add another IS 100 tonner so soon (for game design reasons that if people are not capable to figure out by themselves, I will not spend my time trying to explain).

It is more likely they add another 80 tonner instead. There are plenty of options: Zeus, Victor, Hatamoto-Chi, and even the Charger. Cyclops (90 tons) is also a good candidate for #6 assault.

About the #20 mech, I see the Banshee incoming.
what I mean is after mech #20 the next 5 mechs could be light, medium, heavy, assault (another 100 tonner) and than another light. We still have the Blackjack, Orion and Flea coming before whatever mech #20 is that will be released. And the next 5 mechs after #20 should be ready to go. By the time we get that next Assault mech...There should be no issues on why we could not have another 100 ton IS mech fonw the line. On top of that... We will already be well into getting the Clans and their tech. The IS may need another 100 ton mech by then anyway lol

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 13 May 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#3500 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Another 100 tonner won't save IS from the Clans. ;)

(even if it is a Devastator)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users