20517 replies to this topic

#4101 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 22 June 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

Since math isn't an opinion we know 2 of them, and we miss three, for a total of 5 mechs. The ready designs were SIX. What's the 6th mech? Wut? First clan? We'll have 7 mechs per class? We're roughly covered for this year in mechs releases, if Clans are away for the second quarter after launch (let's say may 2014) what will they give us until then?

My guess is that extra light could be the Urbie : l

Edited by B3RZ3RK3R, 22 June 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#4102 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 22 June 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

So the Jenner is the ONLY light mech without an ECM variant.

Thanks for that, PGI.

Any chance in **** you guys will change your mind and add ECM to it?

Actually, we are the ones you should "thank for that".

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, here's a simple explanation: http://mwomercs.com/...cm-for-jenners/

The thing is, Jenner was the best and only light you could use at the time. It had more armor, more weapons, lower profile, higher speed and even JJs which made it the only light mech that could be used... without any exaggaration. Then came PGI and proposed that every light mech, including the Jenner will get ECM which would solve absolutely nothing and as such, the whole community got behind the idea that a Jenner really needs at least a single downside and we made PGI reconsider their decision in less than a day.

#4103 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostB3RZ3RK3R, on 22 June 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

My guess is that extra light could be the Urbie : l

IMO, it's more likely to be something that doesn't require overhauling the game's engine system - each of the Hermes, Javelin, and Mongoose has the requisite number of distinct timeline-appropriate variants, can be implemented with the equipment currently in-game, and appears in the armies of each Successor State since 3028 (per the faction tables).
  • Hermes (HER-1S, HER-1A, HER-3S/3S1/3S2)
  • Javelin (JVN-10N, JVN-10F, JVN-10P)
  • Mongoose (MON-66, MON-70, MON-67, MON-68)
Honorable mention also goes to the Hussar (HSR-200-D, HSR-300-D, HSR-350-D) and the Thorn (THE-N, THE-S, THE-T), both of which are not as common in-universe, but meet all of the other criteria.

#4104 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 23 June 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

IMO, it's more likely to be something that doesn't require overhauling the game's engine system - each of the Hermes, Javelin, and Mongoose has the requisite number of distinct timeline-appropriate variants, can be implemented with the equipment currently in-game, and appears in the armies of each Successor State since 3028 (per the faction tables).
  • Hermes (HER-1S, HER-1A, HER-3S/3S1/3S2)
  • Javelin (JVN-10N, JVN-10F, JVN-10P)
  • Mongoose (MON-66, MON-70, MON-67, MON-68)
Honorable mention also goes to the Hussar (HSR-200-D, HSR-300-D, HSR-350-D) and the Thorn (THE-N, THE-S, THE-T), both of which are not as common in-universe, but meet all of the other criteria.

u forgotted teh Firestarter. Is muy muy importante. Also teh Panther. Is muy importante to has a slow Light mech with 2 hard points, especialyl with teh missle in teh CT.

#4105 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 June 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

u forgotted teh Firestarter. Is muy muy importante. Also teh Panther. Is muy importante to has a slow Light mech with 2 hard points, especialyl with teh missle in teh CT.

The Firestarter, last I heard, was the current favorite for the upcoming to-be-announced Light 'Mech (that is, Light #); it was my impression that B3RZ3RK3R (with all due respect, PGI really should have put in an anti-number filter in the name entry field... :D) was asking about the Light 'Mech that would be announced after that (that is, Light #7).

The UrbanMech has the engine issue (and I would imagine that changing the engine system just to accommodate the UrbanMech probably isn't anywhere near the top of PGI's to-do list), and the Panther doesn't have enough timeline-appropriate variants yet (but the third Panther variant, the PNT-10K, makes its debut in "next year").

#4106 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2471342

#4107 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 23 June 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

The Firestarter, last I heard, was the current favorite for the upcoming to-be-announced Light 'Mech (that is, Light #); it was my impression that B3RZ3RK3R (with all due respect, PGI really should have put in an anti-number filter in the name entry field... :D) was asking about the Light 'Mech that would be announced after that (that is, Light #7).

The UrbanMech has the engine issue (and I would imagine that changing the engine system just to accommodate the UrbanMech probably isn't anywhere near the top of PGI's to-do list), and the Panther doesn't have enough timeline-appropriate variants yet (but the third Panther variant, the PNT-10K, makes its debut in "next year").

It simply tells me PGI needs to fix their Engine issue. Battletech sans Urbie is no Battletech at all. (And for all the "but this is Mechwarrior" QQers...... Mechwarrior IS Battletech. Sadly just severely dumbed down in the last iteration.)

#4108 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 23 June 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

The Firestarter, last I heard, was the current favorite for the upcoming to-be-announced Light 'Mech (that is, Light #); it was my impression that B3RZ3RK3R (with all due respect, PGI really should have put in an anti-number filter in the name entry field... :lol:) was asking about the Light 'Mech that would be announced after that (that is, Light #7).

Waiting on PGI for dat paid name change. Old online alias is getting old :D
Also can't they just play with the numbers as an exception for the Urbie? Makes more sense than revamping the whole engine system, as whacky as it is.

Edited by B3RZ3RK3R, 23 June 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#4109 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

I never understood how they screwed the engine system up so bad to begin with. Their methodology makes very little sense on it.

#4110 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

I know that you guys want an Urbanmech but honestly it is useless. I doubt that the engine is keeping PGI from putting it out and more of a lack of brawling maps. When PGI releases more than 2 city maps then I am all for having it,but at the moment with all of the long range maps it will get left in the dust and then will come the crying; If something does not work perfectly and with the current meta people complain non stop.

#4111 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 23 June 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

I know that you guys want an Urbanmech but honestly it is useless. I doubt that the engine is keeping PGI from putting it out and more of a lack of brawling maps. When PGI releases more than 2 city maps then I am all for having it,but at the moment with all of the long range maps it will get left in the dust and then will come the crying; If something does not work perfectly and with the current meta people complain non stop.

i have burned people at the stake for lesser blasphemy...... come, you need to have your spirit purged by the cleansing Word of Blake.... and my Zippo Flamer!

#4112 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 June 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

i have burned people at the stake for lesser blasphemy...... come, you need to have your spirit purged by the cleansing Word of Blake.... and my Zippo Flamer!

Lol I know that it is an iconic mech but the biggest flaw with it is 32-64kph on a lightmech with these maps makes it a deathtrap. While I love PGI's maps they have actually been overdoing it with the large open maps that caused the jump sniping issues among others. Also from what I have seen of the community there would be instant crying over how lame that the mech is and personally I think that no mech really deserves that (we see it already with the Catapult's head hitbox). Since we cannot pick which map we drop in, the lack of close range maps (urban environment), and the slow speed means that whoever uses it will only be gimping their team. Once we get a city map and if PGI can make it look good I may grab one for myself though I prefer heavies. :)

#4113 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Battlemaster. Pros: the reseen is in the new Battletech’s logo; a command mech (several variants have command console) that would shine in the role warfare; iconic mech and a fan favorite – to finally play with it in a MW game would be quite nice. Cons: energy boat (as the Awesome); huge cockpit; but the most important: maybe the devs won’t use any of the Reseen/Unseen at all (see text below).[/color]

Was Playable in Mech2 and NetMech FYI

Edited by voodoolou kerensky, 24 June 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#4114 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 23 June 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

I know that you guys want an Urbanmech but honestly it is useless.

Giving the UrbanMech a quirk with 360 degree torso twist would definitely make this mech viable in my opinion.

#4115 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 24 June 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Giving the UrbanMech a quirk with 360 degree torso twist would definitely make this mech viable in my opinion.

360 torso twist, possibly shorter (but a lot rounder, lol) than a Commando, with JJs for even more insta-turn?

Yes please!

Mind you, they would have serious issues in wide open maps, but it is what it is. Also, since they felt free to add some ECM to mechs without it already (COM-2D, for instance) I am thinking the UM likewise should be ECM capable.

#4116 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

View Postvoodoolou kerensky, on 24 June 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Battlemaster. Pros: the reseen is in the new Battletech’s logo; a command mech (several variants have command console) that would shine in the role warfare; iconic mech and a fan favorite – to finally play with it in a MW game would be quite nice. Cons: energy boat (as the Awesome); huge cockpit; but the most important: maybe the devs won’t use any of the Reseen/Unseen at all (see text below).[/color]

Was Playable in Mech2 and NetMech FYI

It was a mech you fought against in the MW2 campaign, but as far as I remember, to play with it you needed an unofficial patch (the same for the Tarantula quad).

EDIT: forgot the MW1. You are right, let me fix the OP.

Edited by Odanan, 25 June 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#4117 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostAdridos, on 16 June 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

Especially when treated by FD:

Posted Image

I'm sorry, that just looks like something that would be on that other trash mech game..... I'd rather see a Wolfhound, Urbanmech, Mercury, or Panther before that thing.....

#4118 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

aww well

#4119 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

View Postcdlord, on 25 June 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

I'm sorry, that just looks like something that would be on that other trash mech game.....

Yeah, it does look Hawken-ish (who knows, their artists maybe tried to replicate FD's work, but didn't have talent required to do it... hence the ugle designs :D), but it's a decent redesign nonetheless.

As far as "other" mechs go, we both know which mech I'd rather have.

#4120 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

http://mwomercs.com/phoenix

Did not, in a million years, see this coming.

78 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 78 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook