#5641 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

If the TimberWolf didn't get ya worried, hopefully this one will.

Posted Image

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 28 October 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#5642 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 October 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

If the TimberWolf didn't get ya worried, hopefully this one will.

Posted Image

Nice Dire Wolf

#5643 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Looks too scrawny and bright. Not menacing enough

#5644 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostColddawg, on 28 October 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Looks too scrawny and bright. Not menacing enough

yes, because fat and clumsy is the new menacing.

#5645 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 October 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

yes, because fat and clumsy is the new menacing.

Fragile, Mr. Argumentative

#5646 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostColddawg, on 28 October 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Fragile, Mr. Argumentative

ah, tis ok for you to be snarky and negative, but no one else, duly noted.

#5647 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

I like your Dire Wolf "BS" just wondering how it would look with the flat nose like the Catalpult in the game. here is a pic for youPosted Image

Edited by SgtMagor, 29 October 2013 - 06:41 AM.

#5648 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Very nice Dire Wolf!
But I really prefer the first one, with black background over the My-Little-Pony-LSD-Trip.
Just saying... :)

PS:
I didn't stressed enough how much I loved your Dire Wolf.
If Iglesias' Dire Wolf is 50% as good as that, I will be a very happy person.

#5649 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostOdanan, on 29 October 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

But I really prefer the first one, with black background over the My-Little-Pony-LSD-Trip.

Just LSD... you get much, much weirder stuff on the screen when you mix that stuff with MLP... at least that's the theory. :)

#5650 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostOdanan, on 29 October 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Very nice Dire Wolf!
Just saying... :)

PS:
I didn't stressed enough how much I loved your Dire Wolf.
If Iglesias' Dire Wolf is 50% as good as that, I will be a very happy person.

well, it's fighting on a planetoid in a nebular cloud, so, thought the trippy "atmosphere" made an interesting change. If I was better I would put strips of black space littered with stars in it too.

#5651 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Ok so they just announced the next Hero mech "Jester". Looks to be an interesting design. Looks like 2 LLs in the arms, 2 either SL or ML lasers in the side torso, either a LL or 2 SL or ML lasers for the center torso, and twin AMS. If they use a standard engine they pretty much can fit it all with a STD300. An example is http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9b8b7426b449edf with AMS ammo representing the 2AMS and 2 tons of ammo and the AC20 ammo to take the place as 2 medium lasers. If they go the XL route that leave a lot of room for 4 JJs, 18DHS, 2 tons ammo for the AMS and 6 point from full armor with an extra ton for something. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e94baa09aa07576

So what do you guys think may be the case with our first Hero CAT?

#5652 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 29 October 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

Ok so they just announced the next Hero mech "Jester". Looks to be an interesting design. Looks like 2 LLs in the arms, 2 either SL or ML lasers in the side torso, either a LL or 2 SL or ML lasers for the center torso, and twin AMS. If they use a standard engine they pretty much can fit it all with a STD300. An example is http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9b8b7426b449edf with AMS ammo representing the 2AMS and 2 tons of ammo and the AC20 ammo to take the place as 2 medium lasers. If they go the XL route that leave a lot of room for 4 JJs, 18DHS, 2 tons ammo for the AMS and 6 point from full armor with an extra ton for something. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e94baa09aa07576

What do I think about the hero Catapult?
Posted Image
It would be cool if it has jump jets. And I'm not sure, but that lower weapon in the right torso could be a NARC launcher? (because i doesn't has lens like a laser and it's not similar to the K2's MGs)

#5653 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

I thought the same thing about it's looks. Wish I could see more of the front, but that port looked like it had a blue or green tint to it but it is so dark you could be right. The only thing keeping me thinking that it is an energy mount is why stick a NARC on a relatively slow and bulky mech that has tin for armor. If we could see the other side then we could have our answers. I am still up in the air about getting it. On one hand it is ugly and should be called the "Joke" but on the other hand, I keep wishing that my K2 had JJs so that may be my deciding factor. I will probably set the colors to Black/Black/Black to hide it's looks.

#5654 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

and the Catapult that SHOULD have been
Posted Image
as rendered by Sparks Murphy off of my design.
http://mwomercs.com/...o-mech-concept/

Instead we get an all energy "Clown-a-Pult".

Whoop-de-doo.

#5655 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 October 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

and the Catapult that SHOULD have been
Posted Image
as rendered by Sparks Murphy off of my design.
http://mwomercs.com/...o-mech-concept/

Instead we get an all energy "Clown-a-Pult".

Whoop-de-doo.

Bishop, can you get Sparks Murphy to render Deputy Dawg (Police Concept) UrbanMech? That would be epic! Thanks.

#5656 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostOdanan, on 29 October 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

What do I think about the hero Catapult?
Posted Image
It would be cool if it has jump jets. And I'm not sure, but that lower weapon in the right torso could be a NARC launcher? (because i doesn't has lens like a laser and it's not similar to the K2's MGs)

If you look close enough (I cheat, I have a 47 inch monitor), the lower port has a slight gloss, and a ring about it almost identical to the large lasers in the arms. I would say bet on some form of 2 Large, 2 Medium and 2 small. (Especially since Catapults are pretty much the ultimate symmetry mechs). Which excites me not at all. It better have JJs to even remotely convince me to think about buying it.

Otherwise, it looks like yet another Hero I will pass on.

I have passed on:
the Death's Knell (don't do lights, and sure don't do CMD's sans missiles)
the Golden Boy (seriously, the worst Kintaro)
Fang (Pay for the worst Dragon?)
Firebrand (Love the hardpoints, loathe the juvenile satanist paintjob)
Pretty Baby (Only Hero I ever sold off, and don't regret it for a moment)
Misery (Stalkers are too darn clumsy!)
Heavy Metal (HGNs are for pilots too lazy to drive a Victor)
BoarsHead (Homey don't play Fatlases)

And it looks likely the Jester will continue that trend.

View PostMaverick01, on 29 October 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Bishop, can you get Sparks Murphy to render Deputy Dawg (Police Concept) UrbanMech? That would be epic! Thanks.

I believe that is the next one on Kiriage-San's list to do (he that did the awesome render and 3D print of my King Crab). After which, if he is still up for it, I hope to get my Vulcan done.

I believe Agent Cooper was also planning on doing a physical model of the Deputy Dawg.

#5657 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 29 October 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

Well, I was trying to compare the picture of the Jester (see here) with that of a "typical K2" (see here), while assuming that the Jester is probably symmetrical (which I must acknowledge to be a potentially-incorrect assumption).

That being said:
  • The CT weapon port(s) on the Jester seem to show a miniature version of the lens seen on the arm. However, lens color has a history of not being indicative of laser type - each of the Catapult, Commando, and Cataphract (among others) use red lenses by default to represent green-beamed Medium Lasers.
  • The circular decoration below-and-to-the-outside of each arm's weapon port seems to be a common - and purely decorative - trait.
  • The Jester does seem to have twin AMS, with each seeming to be tied to a side-torso.
  • If the Jester is actually symmetrical, it is probably carrying six energy weapons - which, since all of the other Catapult variants released thus far have only six hardpoints apiece, potentially represents the Jester's entire weapon complement.
  • Assuming an all-laser loadout (beam vs pulse is anyone's guess), the Jester may have a larger default Engine (to accommodate additional Heat Sinks, in addition to being faster) and may be equipped with DHS by default.
  • The Cheshire Cat paint-job is incredibly gaudy. :)
Thoughts?

#5658 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 29 October 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

Well, I was trying to compare the picture of the Jester (see here) with that of a "typical K2" (see here), while assuming that the Jester is probably symmetrical (which I must acknowledge to be a potentially-incorrect assumption).

That being said:
  • The CT weapon port(s) on the Jester seem to show a miniature version of the lens seen on the arm. However, lens color has a history of not being indicative of laser type - each of the Catapult, Commando, and Cataphract (among others) use red lenses by default to represent green-beamed Medium Lasers.
  • The circular decoration below-and-to-the-outside of each arm's weapon port seems to be a common - and purely decorative - trait.
  • The Jester does seem to have twin AMS, with each seeming to be tied to a side-torso.
  • If the Jester is actually symmetrical, it is probably carrying six energy weapons - which, since all of the other Catapult variants released thus far have only six hardpoints apiece, potentially represents the Jester's entire weapon complement.
  • Assuming an all-laser loadout (beam vs pulse is anyone's guess), the Jester may have a larger default Engine (to accommodate additional Heat Sinks, in addition to being faster) and may be equipped with DHS by default.
  • The Cheshire Cat paint-job is incredibly gaudy. :)
Thoughts?

I completely agree that it will be an all laser load out, we just cannot be sure that they are beam or pulses. Both smurfy post that I did have 300 engines so there is an abundance of tons to be used and other than the Paint and C-Bill boost why take it over the K2 unless it came with JJs. Granted PGI rarely lives up to my expectations in mech design so I am not going to hold my breath for a JJ K2.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 October 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

If you look close enough (I cheat, I have a 47 inch monitor), the lower port has a slight gloss, and a ring about it almost identical to the large lasers in the arms. I would say bet on some form of 2 Large, 2 Medium and 2 small. (Especially since Catapults are pretty much the ultimate symmetry mechs). Which excites me not at all. It better have JJs to even remotely convince me to think about buying it.

Otherwise, it looks like yet another Hero I will pass on.

I have passed on:
the Death's Knell (don't do lights, and sure don't do CMD's sans missiles)
the Golden Boy (seriously, the worst Kintaro)
Fang (Pay for the worst Dragon?)
Firebrand (Love the hardpoints, loathe the juvenile satanist paintjob)
Pretty Baby (Only Hero I ever sold off, and don't regret it for a moment)
Misery (Stalkers are too darn clumsy!)
Heavy Metal (HGNs are for pilots too lazy to drive a Victor)
BoarsHead (Homey don't play Fatlases)

And it looks likely the Jester will continue that trend.

I believe that is the next one on Kiriage-San's list to do (he that did the awesome render and 3D print of my King Crab). After which, if he is still up for it, I hope to get my Vulcan done.

I believe Agent Cooper was also planning on doing a physical model of the Deputy Dawg.

Hey no dissing my Heavy Metal; bought it day one that it came out and have been in love with it ever since. My current build since they neutered the Gauss Rifle http://mwo.smurfy-ne...35fbc6aebf12228 You should try it just do not treat it like an Atlas or the Victor, think of it as a hybrid of both.

#5659 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 29 October 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

You should try it just do not treat it like an Atlas or the Victor, think of it as a hybrid of both.

so I should think of the Highlander as a Prius?

:)

#5660 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 October 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

so I should think of the Highlander as a Prius?

:)

Oh hell no lol. More like the Fullsize Bronco/Blazers; part pickup, part SUV.Posted Image

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users