20517 replies to this topic

#5661 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 29 October 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

Oh hell no lol. More like the Fullsize Bronco/Blazers; part pickup, part SUV.Posted Image

Truck air horns help, if the spooling of the turbo on a straight pipe isn't enough already :)

And I like to think of the Highlander as the heavier older brother of the Victor, not spry on his feet but can hop when he needs a view :P

#5662 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 29 October 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

I completely agree that it will be an all laser load out, we just cannot be sure that they are beam or pulses. Both smurfy post that I did have 300 engines so there is an abundance of tons to be used and other than the Paint and C-Bill boost why take it over the K2 unless it came with JJs. Granted PGI rarely lives up to my expectations in mech design so I am not going to hold my breath for a JJ K2.

Hey no dissing my Heavy Metal; bought it day one that it came out and have been in love with it ever since. My current build since they neutered the Gauss Rifle http://mwo.smurfy-ne...35fbc6aebf12228 You should try it just do not treat it like an Atlas or the Victor, think of it as a hybrid of both.

I've made some changes to your HM:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...eebd09df64fd0e1

More firepower (dual SRM6 instead of SRM4), better heat dissipation (you forgot to mount the DHS in the engine), more ammo for the main weapons (AC/5s), no ammo in the head or center torso. I had to remove AMS, tough.

#5663 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

EDIT: I would also recommend you to mount a XL Engine 325 instead (more internal HS, for only 0.5 tons more). So, you could move another DHS to the engine and gain enough criticals to mount an Endo Steel, freeing 4 tons (that could be used to upgrade the M Lasers to Pulse and add 1 more ton of armor).
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e70ab7b077965fc

#5664 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 29 October 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

Well, I was trying to compare the picture of the Jester (see here) with that of a "typical K2" (see here), while assuming that the Jester is probably symmetrical (which I must acknowledge to be a potentially-incorrect assumption).

That being said:
  • The CT weapon port(s) on the Jester seem to show a miniature version of the lens seen on the arm. However, lens color has a history of not being indicative of laser type - each of the Catapult, Commando, and Cataphract (among others) use red lenses by default to represent green-beamed Medium Lasers.
So it probably has 2 Large Larsers, 2 Medium Lasers and 2 Small Lasers.
Hmmm... unless it has a much bigger engine and jump jets, it won't sell very well...

#5665 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 October 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

and the Catapult that SHOULD have been
Posted Image
as rendered by Sparks Murphy off of my design.
http://mwomercs.com/...o-mech-concept/

Instead we get an all energy "Clown-a-Pult".

Whoop-de-doo.

How about this ugly ****? :P

Posted Image

#5666 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostScrawny Cowboy, on 29 October 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Truck air horns help, if the spooling of the turbo on a straight pipe isn't enough already :rolleyes:

And I like to think of the Highlander as the heavier older brother of the Victor, not spry on his feet but can hop when he needs a view :)

so this is the Highlander, then?
Posted Image

View Postcdlord, on 30 October 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

How about this ugly ****? :P

Posted Image

IDK dude, I like a lot of asymmetrical mechs, but the Cat just needs it's symmetry, IMO.

#5667 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

View Postcdlord, on 30 October 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

How about this ugly ****? B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Proposed loadout:
  • Standard Structure
  • 280 XL Engine (top speed of 69.78 kph without Speed Tweak)
  • standard Myomers (not that TSM is an option... yet?)
  • no MASC (not that it's an option... yet)
  • four Jump Jets (x1 LT, x1 RT, x1 LL, x1 RL)
  • thirteen Standard/Single Heat Sinks (x10 in Engine, x1 in Head, x1 in LL, x1 in RL)
  • FF Armor (322 pts - 75% of maximum)
  • Hardpoints: x2 ballistic (both in LA), x2 energy (both in CT), x2 missile (both in RA)
  • Weapons: x1 LB 10-X (w/ 2 tons of ammo in the LT), x2 Medium Lasers, x1 Artemis-enhanced LRM-20 (w/ 2 tons of ammo in the RT)
  • Additional equipment: x2 AMS (x1 LT, x1 RT) w/ 1 ton of ammo (in RT), Beagle Active Probe (in the LT)
  • Arms: 35-degree pitch, 0-degree yaw
  • Torso: 16-degree pitch, 110-degree yaw
Thoughts? :wub:

#5668 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 30 October 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Posted Image

Proposed loadout:
  • Standard Structure
  • 280 XL Engine (top speed of 69.78 kph without Speed Tweak)
  • standard Myomers (not that TSM is an option... yet?)
  • no MASC (not that it's an option... yet)
  • four Jump Jets (x1 LT, x1 RT, x1 LL, x1 RL)
  • thirteen Standard/Single Heat Sinks (x10 in Engine, x1 in Head, x1 in LL, x1 in RL)
  • FF Armor (322 pts - 75% of maximum)
  • Hardpoints: x2 ballistic (both in LA), x2 energy (both in CT), x2 missile (both in RA)
  • Weapons: x1 LB 10-X (w/ 2 tons of ammo in the LT), x2 Medium Lasers, x1 Artemis-enhanced LRM-20 (w/ 2 tons of ammo in the RT)
  • Additional equipment: x2 AMS (x1 LT, x1 RT) w/ 1 ton of ammo (in RT), Beagle Active Probe (in the LT)
  • Arms: 35-degree pitch, 0-degree yaw
  • Torso: 16-degree pitch, 110-degree yaw
Thoughts? B)

I like it! A jack of all trades (all hardpoints) to match it's looks. I'd buy one!

#5669 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostScrawny Cowboy, on 29 October 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Truck air horns help, if the spooling of the turbo on a straight pipe isn't enough already :wub:

And I like to think of the Highlander as the heavier older brother of the Victor, not spry on his feet but can hop when he needs a view B)

I used to run air horns on my 87 Cherokee but they were the cheap $30 ones that ran off a small compressor so there was a bit of lag between me hitting the horn and them blasting. I am fixing up a 94 Bronco that I want to add them to but since I plan to have on board air, among other things (700+hp diesel), I will have them run off a tank for a lag free high decibel middle finger to anyone that cuts me off. :wacko:

And I agree with the heavier older brother of the Victor but I try to keep mine close to the Victor in terms of maneuverability, impossible since I have a 81kph VTR-9K. Soaks damage as much as the Atlas but moves around like a heavy. Also if you use your JJs you could keep your x-hairs on a 151kph light circling you (have not tried it since the light buff patch).

View PostOdanan, on 30 October 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

I've made some changes to your HM:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...eebd09df64fd0e1

More firepower (dual SRM6 instead of SRM4), better heat dissipation (you forgot to mount the DHS in the engine), more ammo for the main weapons (AC/5s), no ammo in the head or center torso. I had to remove AMS, tough.

View PostOdanan, on 30 October 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

EDIT: I would also recommend you to mount a XL Engine 325 instead (more internal HS, for only 0.5 tons more). So, you could move another DHS to the engine and gain enough criticals to mount an Endo Steel, freeing 4 tons (that could be used to upgrade the M Lasers to Pulse and add 1 more ton of armor).
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e70ab7b077965fc

I kept the DHS in the torso, in hopes of them soaking up some damage that would hit the internal structure. Great points in upping the engine and going to twin ASRM6s and MPLs while keeping the JJs. You just made my mech even more of a threat, thanks. :blink:

#5670 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 30 October 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

I kept the DHS in the torso, in hopes of them soaking up some damage that would hit the internal structure. Great points in upping the engine and going to twin ASRM6s and MPLs while keeping the JJs. You just made my mech even more of a threat, thanks. B)

Indeed, that mech has a lot of punch.

About DHS, the thing is: the heat sinks inside the engine dissipate full 2.0 heat, those outside the engine don't.

#5671 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostOdanan, on 30 October 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

Indeed, that mech has a lot of punch.

About DHS, the thing is: the heat sinks inside the engine dissipate full 2.0 heat, those outside the engine don't.

Using smurfy I found that the extra engine heat sinks do not dissipate any more heat. It just counts the internal heat sinks up to the to max 10 internal heat sinks. And the game supports that, when I had 2 extra DHS on the engine get destroyed after I lost all the armor on my CT removed.

#5672 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

They unpinned this again... Will they never learn??

BUMP!!

#5673 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

I think they updated the website. There's been a few undocumented changes (to the site), so maybe that caused things to come unpinned?

#5674 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postcdlord, on 31 October 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

BUMP!!

This thread should always stay pinned as it serves for a general discussion about new mechs, the players can discuss all day long and who knows PGI could get some ideas from here.

*hint* MOAR lights and hero lights please.

#5675 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hell, this has been unpinned again. I was nearly lost without it. PIN IT BACK NAOW!

#5676 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:30 AM

View Postcdlord, on 31 October 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

BUMP!!

this!

do it!

#5677 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:31 AM

is there any next mech to talk about? we all been hoping for some news on the Zeus, Banshee, Anni, King Crab, etc. but nothing so far...

#5678 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

This is the thread to speculate. Zeus would be a nice addition for sure. Other than that, we've got the whole Clan lineup to speculate on.

RE-PIN this thread NOW!

Maybe we should all spam the moderators........

#5679 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

Posted ImageIs the best mech! B) , Banshee has to be hiding out some where!Posted Image

#5680 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 01 November 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

is there any next mech to talk about? we all been hoping for some news on the Zeus, Banshee, Anni, King Crab, etc. but nothing so far...

Can we get an updated listed of released and announced by weight/weight class and, if it's not too much work, faction? There's always room to speculate, but whether or not it'll actually happen before the clans is another question. No one at PGI ever said they were releasing equal amounts of each 'Mech class.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users