#7221 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

or simply remove the hand actuators as they serve no real purpose in MWO, and in the first printing were not there at all.

That said, whether the KGC replaced the Atlas or not would depend a lot on it's agility profile. If (which I would recommend) they made it as ponderous as most Stalkers? Then it is a nice addition, but not a direct replacement.

Perhaps a KGC agility profile might be a blend of the two - combining the movement archetype of the Atlas (which is in the "Huge" category, versus the Stalker being in the "Large" category) with the torso twist/pitch ranges of the Stalker (20° pitch & 60° yaw, versus the Atlas' 16° pitch & 80° yaw)? ;)

And without the Lower Arm Actuators, the KGC-000 and KGC-0000 would be limited to arm pitch with no arm yaw (that is, 30° pitch & 0° yaw), while the KGC-010 would have the Lower Arm & Hand Actuators in each arm and sacrifice the ability to carry AC/20s for the improved aiming ability of mobile arms (with, say, 30° pitch & 20° yaw - the same as the HGNs, VTRs, and ON1s)? :)

#7222 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

View Postssm, on 18 February 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure PGI has at least 3-4 mechs (besides Clans) in various stages of development prepared just in case. They are in the same hat as, for example, Quickdraw was.

We will have (counting the new Assault next month and the eventual Flea) 7 mechs for each weight class + 2 extra for the Medium.
Of course, more IS mechs are always welcome, so lets hope there will be 2 more in April and May.

The question is: which mechs would them be? One more Light, Heavy or Assault?
One of these classes will be 1 mech short.

#7223 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 18 February 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

Perhaps a KGC agility profile might be a blend of the two - combining the movement archetype of the Atlas (which is in the "Huge" category, versus the Stalker being in the "Large" category) with the torso twist/pitch ranges of the Stalker (20° pitch & 60° yaw, versus the Atlas' 16° pitch & 80° yaw)? ;)

And without the Lower Arm Actuators, the KGC-000 and KGC-0000 would be limited to arm pitch with no arm yaw (that is, 30° pitch & 0° yaw), while the KGC-010 would have the Lower Arm & Hand Actuators in each arm and sacrifice the ability to carry AC/20s for the improved aiming ability of mobile arms (with, say, 30° pitch & 20° yaw - the same as the HGNs, VTRs, and ON1s)? :)

sounds about right. Would also make a nice way to "fix" the fluff errata, and explain why they went from full in the arms in the 2750 TRO to split, could say it was done for the Royal BRigades, to protect their ACs better, and then the delicate Gauss workings.

I like it better when we think in similar veins than butt heads!

#7224 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

sounds about right. Would also make a nice way to "fix" the fluff errata, and explain why they went from full in the arms in the 2750 TRO to split, could say it was done for the Royal BRigades, to protect their ACs better, and then the delicate Gauss workings.

I like it better when we think in similar veins than butt heads!

So... those hardpoints? ;)

KGC-000 (comes with CASE and FF Armor)
  • RA: 3 ballistic {AC/20}
  • RT: 1 missile {LRM-15}
  • CT: n/a
  • HD: n/a
  • LT: 1 energy {Large Laser}
  • LA: 3 ballistic {AC/20}
KGC-0000 (comes with no LosTech)
  • RA: 2 ballistic {AC/20}
  • RT: 3 missile {LRM-15}
  • LT: 1 energy {Large Laser}
  • LA: 2 ballistic {AC/20}
KGC-010 (comes with CASE, DHS, and Endo-Steel Internal Structure)
  • RA: 1 ballistic {LB 10-X AC}
  • RT: 2 energy, 1 missile {PPC, SRM-6}
  • LT: 2 energy, 1 missile {PPC, SRM-6}
  • LA: 1 ballistic {LB 10-X AC}
Each proposed variant would have eight hardpoints (putting them in the middle of the current Assault range of 6-10 hardpoints), with the proposed KGC-000 would have a greater ballistic hardpoint capacity than the others, the proposed KGC-0000 having a greater missile hardpoint capacity than the others, and the proposed KGC-010 having a greater energy hardpoint capacity than the others.

#7225 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 18 February 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

Each proposed variant would have eight hardpoints (putting them in the middle of the current Assault range of 6-10 hardpoints), with the proposed KGC-000 would have a greater ballistic hardpoint capacity than the others, the proposed KGC-0000 having a greater missile hardpoint capacity than the others, and the proposed KGC-010 having a greater energy hardpoint capacity than the others.

wondering if we are getting time line close enough for the KGC-001 ?
I don't know what the record shows, but the twin Gauss, LRM15, large pulse and twin ssrms would add a nice option.

#7226 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

View PostOdanan, on 18 February 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

We will have (counting the new Assault next month and the eventual Flea) 7 mechs for each weight class + 2 extra for the Medium.
Of course, more IS mechs are always welcome, so lets hope there will be 2 more in April and May.

The question is: which mechs would them be? One more Light, Heavy or Assault?
One of these classes will be 1 mech short.

Well they've hinted at more mediums but I doubt we'll see any for a bit besides the Griffin and Wolverine.

As far as the others go basing off the idea they'll even out the number of chassis. I believe that will mean 3 lights, 3 assaults and 2 heavies. We know we get 1 assault in March that means 2 more other the next few months.

My guesses:

Lights: Javelin, Hermes and Mongoose

Heavies: Guillotine then either the Black Knight and or Grasshopper

Assaults: Banshee (March is my guess, to give us a 95 tonner vs the Clan 95 tonner), Zeus and Cyclops.

After that if they add more mediums my guesses for contenders are: Vindicator, Sentinel and Clint.

Here's my take:

February (Firestarter & Griffin) -> March (Banshee & Wolverine) -> April (Unannounced IS Heavy) -> May (Flea & MASC intro) -> June (4 Clan Omnis, most likely the lower tier of sales choices & IS Assault) after that it's any ones guess.

#7227 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

wondering if we are getting time line close enough for the KGC-001 ?
I don't know what the record shows, but the twin Gauss, LRM15, large pulse and twin ssrms would add a nice option.

KGC-001 is a 3052 'Mech (as it was one of ComStar's "Clanbusters", built specifically for the Battle of Tukayyid).

#7228 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 18 February 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

KGC-001 is a 3052 'Mech (as it was one of ComStar's "Clanbusters", built specifically for the Battle of Tukayyid).

correct. And by the time it gets introduced it will be very close to 3052 (Really don't see it next month). And they have stated that timeline is not concrete. Thus, it makes a pretty good candidate, IMO.

#7229 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2014 - 07:11 PM, said:

correct. And by the time it gets introduced it will be very close to 3052 (Really don't see it next month). And they have stated that timeline is not concrete. Thus, it makes a pretty good candidate, IMO.

Though, it's also highly similar to both the KGC-000 and KGC-0000 in terms of minimum hardpoints (as the KGC-001 only needs one additional missile hardpoint... which is covered by the proposed KGC-0000 from my previous post), and the armament can also necessarily be set up on the minimum hardpoints of the KGC-010 (differing only in the location of the second SSRM launcher).

Moreover, PGI may ultimately end up ignoring the Clanbuster variants altogether (there are only 5 of them, after all), much as they seem to be ignoring the SLDF Royals variants...? ;)

#7230 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

I would really love to see the King Crab in MWO and would easily spend money on the Hero variant and the mechbays needed to fit all the variants plus I would probably end up getting the Crab and its variants too if they added it. I can bet that a lot of other players would feel the same way meaning a sizable income to PGI. Hopefully PGI realizes it this year so we can have something that can go toe to toe with the Dire Wolf.

#7231 Carnifex125

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

I'm liking all this discussion, though i have to ask; just how clsoe will PGI stick to the timline? Will they likely make jumps foward? many mech I love are at least 8 years away if they stick to it...

as for the King Crab; I feel they will fill in their own niche considering everything about them. Don't think they would completely be able to replace other mech chassis

View PostFireSlade, on 18 February 2014 - 09:13 PM, said:

I would really love to see the King Crab in MWO and would easily spend money on the Hero variant and the mechbays needed to fit all the variants plus I would probably end up getting the Crab and its variants too if they added it. I can bet that a lot of other players would feel the same way meaning a sizable income to PGI. Hopefully PGI realizes it this year so we can have something that can go toe to toe with the Dire Wolf.

I completely agree. I would be willing to dish out the cash for the mech bays and various KGC variants. ... I hope PGI sees these KGC fan posts. I do see quite a few on the forums. oddly enough many KGC threads are locked down...

#7232 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Posted Image

http://catalystgamel...blic-cover-wip5

90% completed...

Confirmed the Thunder and Shen Yi behind the Emperor...

Can't wait to get it!!!

#7233 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

View PostCarnifex125, on 18 February 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

I'm liking all this discussion, though i have to ask; just how clsoe will PGI stick to the timline? Will they likely make jumps foward? many mech I love are at least 8 years away if they stick to it...

as for the King Crab; I feel they will fill in their own niche considering everything about them. Don't think they would completely be able to replace other mech chassis

I completely agree. I would be willing to dish out the cash for the mech bays and various KGC variants. ... I hope PGI sees these KGC fan posts. I do see quite a few on the forums. oddly enough many KGC threads are locked down...

Posted Image

#7234 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

This here is the reason why the KGC needs to be in MWO

#7235 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

I think the Banshee will be the march assault, but hey you never know there also could be a King Hero mech ready for launch.

Edited by SgtMagor, 19 February 2014 - 02:10 AM.

#7236 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:26 AM

that Emperor is sweet, gimme gimme!

#7237 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:58 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2014 - 07:11 PM, said:

It's not even May 3050 yet (we're in some kind of perpetual 3050 spring holding pattern until the Clans arrive and start invading) and you're talking about 3052 'mechs?

That's... Hopeful, but not overly realistic.

#7238 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

Known Clanbuster upgrades the king Crab fans may have there wish come true, I called it! the Clanbuster bundle, featuring the King Crab woot! 100tons and dual ac20 in your face Posted Image

Edited by SgtMagor, 19 February 2014 - 03:35 AM.

#7239 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:02 AM

View Poststjobe, on 19 February 2014 - 02:58 AM, said:

It's not even May 3050 yet (we're in some kind of perpetual 3050 spring holding pattern until the Clans arrive and start invading) and you're talking about 3052 'mechs?

That's... Hopeful, but not overly realistic.

was unaware that we were in a time wormhole. Link?

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 19 February 2014 - 04:02 AM.

#7240 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 February 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

was unaware that we were in a time wormhole. Link?

I'm sure one could find the dev quote if one wanted, but it's really not necessary; just use a bit of logic.

The originial "1:1" timeline set May 2013 as supposed to be May 3050, which is when the Clans first invade. And that timeline went the way of the Dodo when the Clan invasion didn't happen in 2013; it's pretty obvious it won't happen in May 2014 either, since the first Clan 'mechs aren't due until June 2014.

So at this point, all we can know about the in-game timeline is that it's somewhere prior to May 3050, and has been so for over a year and will continue to be so until we get some actual Clan 'mechs to fight with - i.e. not before June.

Which also means that once that starts we have about two years of fighting the Clans until the battle of Tukayyid and the KGC-001.

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook