#7561 Jenkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 March 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

but...if they'd nix that silly 3 mech rule.......... boy, then I could have fun come 3055.........

Fireball
Posted Image

Jackal
Posted Image

two of my favorite light mechs.......
(edit cuz I forgot to flip the Jackal)

Two very cool pictures Bishop. Definite improvements over the stock pictures on sarna.

#7562 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostJenkss, on 10 March 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Two very cool pictures Bishop. Definite improvements over the stock pictures on sarna.

thanks Jenkss! Of course...hard to do much to improve the Fireballs stats without totally redesigning the lil Death Egg..... but I found the Jackal easy to make into a regular wrecking ball.

#7563 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:24 AM

Russ tweeted that we have 45 tonner on the horizon, looks like we're getting a Vindicator after all ;)

Edited by ssm, 12 March 2014 - 05:36 AM.

#7564 Finestaut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:58 AM

Which, in turn, implies that the sabre mediums don't "count," and we're in the middle of a 4 'mech tour of all 4 weight classes until the clan release in June, with a Heavy coming in may, and the clans and IS matching class for class for the following 8 months.

Funny, I would've pegged a third consecutive medium as the LEAST likely scenario here.

#7565 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

Vindicators! Wow!

#7566 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostOdanan, on 12 March 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

Vindicators! Wow!

Unless they pull a Quickdraw on us ;)

Are there any other eligilble 45 tonners?

#7567 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:17 AM

View Postssm, on 12 March 2014 - 05:24 AM, said:

Russ tweeted that we have 45 tonner on the horizon, looks like we're getting a Vindicator after all ;)
Link for verification here.
The other would-be options are the Hatchetman (out-of-the-running due to a need for melee) and the Wyvern (possibly being saved for a Clanbuster Pack).

If it is indeed the Vindicator...
IMO, the VND-1R (as the basic/common model) and the VND-3R (as the 3050-era LosTech model) are a given, with the third variant being either the VND-1X (the only variant to mount ballistic weapons - twin MGs in the Left Arm, fed by a half-ton of MG ammo) or the VND-1AA (which would have a much higher Engine cap than the others).
IMO, the VND-1SIC doesn't have much to offer over the other two (moreso with St. Ives not being a selectable faction), but the custom 'Mech upon which it is based, the St. Ives Blue, could be used as a Hero 'Mech (with a bit of hardpoint inflation and some quirks to arm/torso movement ranges & rates, and acceleration/deceleration rates).

#7568 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:22 AM

Vindicators! Wow!

Damn... time for me to stock on MC for this...

#7569 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:22 AM

PHOENIX HAWK!

What?

Aaaw, c'mon. Let me have my delusions that I'll get to pilot my beloved PHawk at last. I know there's no chance in hell (AKA New Avalon <_< ) that it'll happen as long as HG is a factor, but I won't stop hoping against hope.

Hmm. Vindicator, eh? It's not a bad mech, though you don't wanna use the ejection seat if you have an early model. :P

Quoted from Sarna:
"Unfortunately early models of the Vindicator suffered from a design flaw wherein the head-mounted laser created a bulge in the cockpit. More than making the space cramped for tall MechWarriors, it also interfered with the ejection propulsion system, resulting in the deaths of a number of MechWarriors when their escape pods exploded during ejection. Engineers managed to redesign the cockpit layout prior to the War of 3039, eliminating the deadly intrusion and decreasing the chance of said unfortunate malfunction.["

Still better than the Spider's "Ejection seat? What ejection seat?" though. ;)

#7570 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:08 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 12 March 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

Link for verification here.
The other would-be options are the Hatchetman (out-of-the-running due to a need for melee) and the Wyvern (possibly being saved for a Clanbuster Pack).

I agree and don't at the same time.... While the Hatchetman is designed for melee, it doesn't have to have the hatchet or it could just be cosmetic. With the dynamic graphics I expect the ability to equip and un-equip a melee weapon (when melee is introduced) would also equate to a change in the look of the arm/mech too.

I think I'd rather have the mech and no melee to start than no mech at all waiting for melee... There are lots of other melee mechs that are just waiting for a precedent like this to get into the game. I have ideas on how PGi could do it (intro variants that don't have the hatchet and when melee is introduced, bring in that variant). PGI does have creative license to do this. And I think I want the mech either way, melee or no melee.

#7571 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 12 March 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

... Wyvern ...

A redesigned Wyvern by FD could be interesting.
I guess it will be the Vindicator. It deserves a place in the game and it is one of the typical known IS buckets from Liao, but IMO the Wyvern would be even better! Go Wyvern go! ;)

Whatever it will be...let's hope PGI is gracious and will show us a CONCEPT ART this time! ;)

#7572 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

View Postcdlord, on 12 March 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

I agree and don't at the same time.... While the Hatchetman is designed for melee, it doesn't have to have the hatchet or it could just be cosmetic. With the dynamic graphics I expect the ability to equip and un-equip a melee weapon (when melee is introduced) would also equate to a change in the look of the arm/mech too.

I think I'd rather have the mech and no melee to start than no mech at all waiting for melee... There are lots of other melee mechs that are just waiting for a precedent like this to get into the game. I have ideas on how PGi could do it (intro variants that don't have the hatchet and when melee is introduced, bring in that variant). PGI does have creative license to do this. And I think I want the mech either way, melee or no melee.

That is part of the difference between 'Mechs that merely has a couple of variants that carry melee weapons (such as, say, the Black Knight or the Centurion), and 'Mech chassis that were built around their melee weapon(s) (such as, say, the Hatchetman and the Axman).

Nearly every variant of the Hatchetman carries a 3-ton hatchet (except the Kurita-built HTC-5K (which carries a 2.5-ton sword instead) and the HTC-3NH (which exchanges the Hatchet for a larger Engine, another Jump Jet, and another ton of AC/10 ammo & where the "NH" ostensibly means "no hatchet" - see here and here) - carrying the hatchet is the entire point of the 'Mech, and is the reason it is named "Hatchetman".
Likewise, every production variant of the Axman (that is, every variant except the experimental, Jihad-era AXM-6X) is equipped with a 5-ton axe/hatchet because, again, carrying the axe/hatchet is the entire point of the 'Mech.
Generally take that away from them, and you remove not just their primary weapon but most/all of their very identity & reason for being.

If the Hatchetman were ever to be implemented, I would not mind seeing the hatchet (cosmetic or not) placed as fixed equipment for the 'Mech.

Edited by Strum Wealh, 12 March 2014 - 09:32 AM.

#7573 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 12 March 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

That is part of the difference between 'Mechs that merely has a couple of variants that carry melee weapons (such as, say, the Black Knight or the Centurion), and 'Mech chassis that were built around their melee weapon(s) (such as, say, the Hatchetman and the Axman).

Nearly every variant of the Hatchetman carries a 3-ton hatchet (except the Kurita-built HTC-5K (which carries a 2.5-ton sword instead) and the HTC-3NH (which exchanges the Hatchet for a larger Engine, another Jump Jet, and another ton of AC/10 ammo & where the "NH" ostensibly means "no hatchet" - see here and here) - carrying the hatchet is the entire point of the 'Mech, and is the reason it is named "Hatchetman".
Likewise, every production variant of the Axman (that is, every variant except the experimental, Jihad-era AXM-6X) is equipped with a 5-ton axe/hatchet because, again, carrying the axe/hatchet is the entire point of the 'Mech.
Generally take that away from them, and you remove not just their primary weapon but most/all of their very identity & reason for being.

If the Hatchetman were ever to be implemented, I would not mind seeing the hatchet (cosmetic or not) placed as fixed equipment for the 'Mech.

I was just offering alternative suggestions. Without melee, I'd still like to see the hatchetman in all it's glory, hatchet and all.

#7574 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Vindicators! Wow!

So Capellan
such vindication
much variation
watering the PPC

And thus "VND-Doge" meme was born... :-p

Edited by Strum Wealh, 12 March 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#7575 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

of course, being PGI, it could be a Wyvern..... we already have the Kintaro and Highlander, so not out of the realm of possibility.
Posted Image

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 12 March 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#7576 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

Something tells me that the Vindicator would come with:

Victor's head
A bit of dragon's torso
Orion's arms
Quickdraw's legs

While the Wyvern would be a novel chassis...

#7577 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

View PostTkhaw, on 12 March 2014 - 11:11 PM, said:

Something tells me that the Vindicator would come with:

Victor's head
A bit of dragon's torso
Orion's arms
Quickdraw's legs

While the Wyvern would be a novel chassis...

Sure, the bizarre Wyvern would be more, er, unique, but they are suggesting the Vindicator.

Anyway, Alex sketched both mechs:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7578 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

I'm just tired of all the humanoid mechs as of late. We need some bird mechs (fusalage with reverse joint legs) LOL.

Something like the Catapult or Raven. Saddly, I don't think there was a lot of earlier mechs like this. I suppose I will need to wait for the Bushwacker ;)

#7579 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 13 March 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

I'm just tired of all the humanoid mechs as of late. We need some bird mechs (fusalage with reverse joint legs) LOL.

Something like the Catapult or Raven. Saddly, I don't think there was a lot of earlier mechs like this. I suppose I will need to wait for the Bushwacker ;)

So a Hoplite !!

#7580 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostNgamok, on 13 March 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

So a Hoplite !!

Maybe

104 user(s) are reading this topic