can we get our highlander already

#1142 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

I`m still curious about what they will do with the Spider hardpoints...

#1143 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, two of the confirmed variants have the same number/type of hardpoints, so beyond a location change for one.....they're the same thing. I'd like to know if one might have an ECM spot, same for the Stalker. Both get one in canon, but they aren't available in the timeline.

#1144 Astrolux

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

All of Mechwarrior Online's problems would be solved with the addition of one mech....The Grand Dragon. That is all.

#1145 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

View PostAstrolux, on 08 December 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

All of Mechwarrior Online's problems would be solved with the addition of one mech....The Grand Dragon. That is all.

All the problems? Really?

About the mech, I don't like the denomination "Grand Dragon"- it could be misleading. The devs didn't add the DRG-1G because they think it is a different mech, but it actually isn't. It`s the same chassis, for God's sake! Someone just decided to produce a Dragon variant with a PPC instead of an autocannon and it was so successful that they called it "Grand".

I hope the devs just ignore this non sense and add the energy variants for the Dragon. The mech badly need them.

#1146 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Mmm... Thunder Hawk...

Dear Santa...

#1147 MainEngDwarf

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

I would love to see a Thug

#1148 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostOdanan, on 08 December 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

All the problems? Really?

About the mech, I don't like the denomination "Grand Dragon"- it could be misleading. The devs didn't add the DRG-1G because they think it is a different mech, but it actually isn't. It`s the same chassis, for God's sake! Someone just decided to produce a Dragon variant with a PPC instead of an autocannon and it was so successful that they called it "Grand".

I hope the devs just ignore this non sense and add the energy variants for the Dragon. The mech badly need them.

Could be a strong candidate as a hero mech, no?

#1149 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostB3RZ3RK3R, on 09 December 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

Could be a strong candidate as a hero mech, no?

It would!
I think they will solve this issue by adding the Dragon Yoriyoshi as the next hero mech. It is basicaly a Grand Dragon.

#1150 Killer Koala 72

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

mmm yes the Thug, would be nice, but then so would a Hatchetman, or a valkyrie!!

#1151 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

View PostKiller Koala 72, on 10 December 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

mmm yes the Thug, would be nice, but then so would a Hatchetman, or a valkyrie!!

Valkyrie is unseen, so we'll most likely never see that one. The Thug would be awkward...all 3 variants that are timeline appropriate are laser boats and have the same weaponry, meaning zero variation. Don't think they'll pick that one, though maybe they'll alter/add one variant to have more then just beam weaponry? (Doubt it, but it's possible.) Still vote for the Orion myself.

Hatchetman seems out of the question as it's got a Hatchet, and no melee in game.

#1152 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

Wolfhound, Urbanmech, Hatchetman (and melee), and Victor.

#1153 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

'Mechs I'd like to see. Mercury, Wolfhound, Orion, Cyclops, Zeus, Hatamoto-Chi.

If we could ever have the reseen/unseen back, add the Valkyrie, Ostscout, Wolverine (the medium mech to end all other medium mechs,) Thunderbolt, and the Whammy (because its THE Whammy!)

Edited by Jack Gallows, 10 December 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#1154 Zabnicki

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostKiller Koala 72, on 10 December 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

Sigh, my dreams of having a Hatchetman are dashed yet again!

#1155 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 10 December 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

Valkyrie is unseen, so we'll most likely never see that one. The Thug would be awkward...all 3 variants that are timeline appropriate are laser boats and have the same weaponry, meaning zero variation. Don't think they'll pick that one, though maybe they'll alter/add one variant to have more then just beam weaponry? (Doubt it, but it's possible.) Still vote for the Orion myself.

Hatchetman seems out of the question as it's got a Hatchet, and no melee in game.

Laserboat what? It has either 2 PPCs or 2 ERPPCs and either 2 SRM4 or 2 SRM6 in all variants I know (which happen to be the time-line appropriate ones.)

But your idea is good basically: maybe they'll come up with the Hatamoto! Which is basically a Thug (save for the fancy samurai helmet), but has a crapload of variants, joining up the PPCs with:
a) 2 SRM6
:) 2 or 4 (?) LRM5
c) 4 medium Pulse Lasers
d) an AC5
e) one large Pulse Laser
...and these are only the variants I can remember.

The Charger also has a load of variants, if we are at 80 ton mechs, and while most of them are absolutely unviable stockwise, there's no one to stop you giving it a smaller or an XL engine, and load up on it like on the Awesome. B)

#1156 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

You pinpointed exactly what I meant with the Thug. All it's variants that are timeline appropriate are identical from a hardpoint standpoint. /yawn.

The Hatamoto-Chi would be awesome, it looks neat and I'm sure Flying Debris would make it even better (he always does.) My interest in 'mechs have skyrocketed as well since Mark Hayden was added to the dev crew (not to slight the others already working on the project, you all are amazing!)

Would need the Charger if the Hatamoto-Chi got added, since you can't really have the chicken without the egg, right?

#1157 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostOdanan, on 07 December 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

The list ends up with Zeus, Banshee, Cyclops, Victor and Hatamoto-Chi as likely candidates.

Three of them are 80 ton mechs and we already have an 80 ton Awesome, but we have already three 50 ton mechs too, so it's possible that we see one or maybe two of them. I'm not a fan of the Zeus and the Hatamoto-Chi looks just ridiculous, but i'm sure FD could "fix" it well. I would vote the Victor for the next 80 ton mech, cause it has nice loadouts and jumpjets, but i hope, that we see a 95 ton mech first! Time to bring the Banshee to the battlegrounds. Wednesday is near. Let's see if we get our beloved Orion.

#1158 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 10 December 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

Three of them are 80 ton mechs and we already have an 80 ton Awesome, but we have already three 50 ton mechs too, so it's possible that we see one or maybe two of them. I'm not a fan of the Zeus and the Hatamoto-Chi looks just ridiculous, but i'm sure FD could "fix" it well. I would vote the Victor for the next 80 ton mech, cause it has nice loadouts and jumpjets, but i hope, that we see a 95 ton mech first! Time to bring the Banshee to the battlegrounds. Wednesday is near. Let's see if we get our beloved Orion.

This. ^

#1159 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Mechs with both energy, missile and ballistics (like the Atlas and Highlander) are balanced by nature, so the Victor and Zeus are strong candidates for assault (I think the Zeus is most likely).

Hatamoto-Chi has several and goods variants (there is even one that can mount 2 gauss rifles!) but some of them overlap with the energy/missile Awesomes.

Banshee and Charger would be good surprises, but need a lot of hardpoint attention in some variants.

And Cyclops, well. The poor guy have potential, sure. But the Highlander kind of owns the 90 tons bracket.

Talking about heavies, the Orion reigns supreme. And if PGI would be nice to do not delay the next mech announcement, we should see the Orion tomorrow.

Once again:

Posted Image

#1160 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

Orion tomorrow would make my year. When the Clans hit, I want to stomp then into the ground using Kerensky's own mech.

37 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 37 guests, 0 anonymous users