#1261 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 20 December 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

But the next light mech should be the Firestarter!

Next light will be Fire-something-else. :)

#1262 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostOdanan, on 20 December 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Next light will be Fire-something-else. :P

Well, it's not like the descendants of Kerensky's Exodus Fleet are going to show up with a 'Mech named after a reindeer, right? :o

Also, the Firestarter has so many variants! :)
FS9-A: x2 MLas (RA, LA), x2 SLas (RT, LT), x4 Flamers (RA, LA, x2 CT), JJ
FS9-K: x1 LLas (RA), x2 SLas (LA), x2 Flamers (CT), JJ
FS9-H: x2 MG (RT, LT), x2 MLas (RA, LA), x4 Flamers (RA, LA, x2 CT), JJ
FS9-M: x2 SLas (RA, LA), x2 MLas (RA, LA), x2 MG (RT, LT), JJ
FS9-S: x4 Flamers (RA, LA, x2 CT), x1 SLas (RT), x2 MLas (RA, LA), x1 AMS (LT), BAP (LT), Endo-Steel, JJ
FS9-S1: x4 Flamers (RA, LA, x2 CT), x1 SLas (RT), x2 MLas (RA, LA), x1 AMS (LT), ECM (LT), Endo-Steel, JJ

IMO, the -A, -H, and -S/-S1 would make the best candidates for a Firestarter release.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Strum Wealh, 20 December 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#1263 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 20 December 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

Well, it's not like the descendants of Kerensky's Exodus Fleet are going to show up with a 'Mech named after a reindeer, right? :P

Also, the Firestarter has so many variants! :P
FS9-A: x2 MLas (RA, LA), x2 SLas (RT, LT), x4 Flamers (RA, LA, x2 CT), JJ
FS9-K: x1 LLas (RA), x2 SLas (LA), x2 Flamers (CT), JJ
FS9-H: x2 MG (RT, LT), x2 MLas (RA, LA), x4 Flamers (RA, LA, x2 CT), JJ
FS9-M: x2 SLas (RA, LA), x2 MLas (RA, LA), x2 MG (RT, LT), JJ
FS9-S: x4 Flamers (RA, LA, x2 CT), x1 SLas (RT), x2 MLas (RA, LA), x1 AMS (LT), BAP (LT), Endo-Steel, JJ
FS9-S1: x4 Flamers (RA, LA, x2 CT), x1 SLas (RT), x2 MLas (RA, LA), x1 AMS (LT), ECM (LT), Endo-Steel, JJ

IMO, the -A, -H, and -S/-S1 would make the best candidates for a Firestarter release.

Your thoughts?

I was calling the Firestarter since before the Raven (I was not familiar with the X variants of the Raven and Cataphract, so I never guessed them). I always thought that mech was excellent for MWO (lots of variants, good hardpoints) and was certainly the devs would have it announced soon. Then came the Spider, clearly chose because of the tonnage - not the content (I was again calling the Firestarter) and latter the Flea which, well... it is a good choice after all.

Unfortunately, I think the first batch of IS mechs is finishing with the last assault next month. So, if the Firestarter will be announced, it will be after the clanners, sometime late 2013 or early 2014.

#1264 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Well, I had a huge post but my browser ate it.

I'd like to see the Cyclops, Hatamoto-Chi, or the Zeus. All good 'mechs and solid.

View PostOdanan, on 20 December 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Unfortunately, I think the first batch of IS mechs is finishing with the last assault next month. So, if the Firestarter will be announced, it will be after the clanners, sometime late 2013 or early 2014.

I'm not so sure, they might slowly continue work on IS 'mechs and/or hero 'mechs on the way to the Clan invasion, as well as possibly getting prepped the next grouping of IS 'mechs for when the Clan's do hit. So, I think we might still see some new 'mechs, just not in the quantity we've seen obviously up to this point.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 20 December 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#1265 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

I'm putting my dosh on the Zeus

#1266 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 20 December 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

Your thoughts?

IMO, the Firestarter is a must have! Hopefully we see him at sometime.

View PostOdanan, on 20 December 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Assumed mech Nr. 20 is a 80 ton assault, we would still miss a 55 and a 95 ton mech. Let's hope that it's not the end of the first batch. I love the clans, but this time, they can wait! :)
Just gimme a Dervish or Kintaro and a Banshee and i'm happy till the clans are coming! Oh...and don't forget the FS9!

#1267 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Here are my predictions for the remainder of the Inner Sphere BattleMechs...

BattleMech 20: Zeus
Concept Art Release: Early January

BattleMech 21: UrbanMech
Concept Art Release: Late January

BattleMech 22: Vindicator
Concept Art Release: Early February

BattleMech 23: Grasshopper
Concept Art Release: Late February

BattleMech 24: King Crab
Concept Art Release: Early March

*** Clans Announced Late March ***

Edited by Maverick01, 20 December 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#1268 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Urbanmech wouldn't work in the game because of the size of the engine.

See the cockpit Classic Mech? That's clearly all the Urbie we will get. (the fact the model isn't like Alex Iglesias arts makes this even more sure)

#1269 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

View PostSol Fin, on 20 December 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

It's kinda a very difficult question I think with the clan mechs. Their drawbacks are high price and high mainteinance cost. Since maintenance cost is removed after Dec 18, not sure how can you really balance that out.

Of course, it'll be a few years before we see any clan mechs... So enough time to figure out something.

Few years? Try Spring or Summer at the latest. Clan invasion starts in March and not sure how they are going to implement the omnis. Though possible, I don't see them dangling that carrot in front of us for too long.....

#1270 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Still wanting to see the Wolfhound, Enforcer, Hatchetman (and melee), and Victor. :)

Edited by cdlord, 21 December 2012 - 05:35 AM.

#1271 Helbrecht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

most exsisting thugs are in the com guards, kinda like the flashman. Hatamoto Chi IS a thug so if your saying the thug wont be in the Hatamoto wont be in for the same reason cause it to is a fairly rare assault. the kingcrab is also most commonly found in the com guards so it too is a rare assault id put it in the list of probly not. the banshee tops my list since its a common assault every house has a variant ( most are not good) but hey they put the crappy dragon in instead of ostroc or ostol so who knows. the cyclops is to much like the atlas it kinda follow the little of everything model. the victor maybe but they announced a jumping assault why would they do another. another possibilty is the mauler it comes into production start of clan war so maybe. but id still place my bet on banshee.

#1272 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

Rarity isnt a valid reason to not include a mech in the game. If it is then we are about done with IS mechs. All the common mechs are unseen. Maybe we should call the former rare mechs the unrare.

#1273 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

I still hope for something very ballistic-heavy in assault class, and perhaps another 100-tonner. If Highlander made it, this means that "rare" mechs are allowed. Atlas is very limited ballistic-wise. Devastator unfortunately lacks a variant (DVS-3 was introduced 3058), but we can have Annihilator (Dragoons brought some in the IS ).

Posted Image

It would be fun - slow juggernaut moving at 35,6 kph at best (max engine 200 x 1.1 = 220) but no less than two ballistic hardpoints per arm. 3050-available variants are plenty and there are both subtle variations of primary model and radical. They're all about direct fire, but there's onepure energy boat and another with ballistic hardpoints in both arms and one side torso (and energy only in second side torso), others being some energy-ballistic mix.

Edited by Morang, 21 December 2012 - 07:15 AM.

#1274 ThunderHart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

When are we going to see the Victor?

#1275 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

Personally i hope for the Zeus, but i guess #20 will be the Banshee(to fill the weight gap) or the Hatamoto(Asian players)(i would actually prefer the Thug over the Hatamoto).

#1276 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

View PostWieland, on 21 December 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

Personally i hope for the Zeus, but i guess #20 will be the Banshee(to fill the weight gap) or the Hatamoto(Asian players)(i would actually prefer the Thug over the Hatamoto).

We've already got the Orion that can do the same thing as Banshee, just better.
And we also already have Awesome, which does the same thing like Thug and Hatamoto, just better (except for speed, but it's Cats and CTFs for you then).

On the othe hand, Zeus sounds plausible.

#1277 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

View PostHelbrecht, on 21 December 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

most exsisting thugs are in the com guards, kinda like the flashman. Hatamoto Chi IS a thug so if your saying the thug wont be in the Hatamoto wont be in for the same reason cause it to is a fairly rare assault. the kingcrab is also most commonly found in the com guards so it too is a rare assault id put it in the list of probly not. the banshee tops my list since its a common assault every house has a variant ( most are not good) but hey they put the crappy dragon in instead of ostroc or ostol so who knows. the cyclops is to much like the atlas it kinda follow the little of everything model. the victor maybe but they announced a jumping assault why would they do another. another possibilty is the mauler it comes into production start of clan war so maybe. but id still place my bet on banshee.

Rarity isn't the greatest problem of the Thug. It doesn't have variants (and it stinks as a war machine).

The King Crab won't be in the game because you can't fit an AC/20 in his arms! I doubt the devs will change the mechlab just for this mech.

The Mauler doesn't have variants either.

The Victor could be a good ballistics platform, but the Highlander kind of took his place.

The Cyclops, even with some variants too similar with the Atlas, would be a good mech for the game. There is even a variant with two torso Gauss Rifles. But again the Highlander probably blow the chances of this mech.

The Banshee could show up, but with very limited hardpoint configurations.

The Hatamoto-Chi has lots of variants and it is a good candidate.

But the most logical choice is the Zeus.

BTW, I discuss most of these things in the post #1. I'm kind of tired of repeating myself.

View PostMorang, on 21 December 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

(...) we can have Annihilator (Dragoons brought some in the IS).

Some indeed.

View PostThontor, on 21 December 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

itll be ready on Tuesday.

On a Tuesday, but not next Tuesday. :)

#1278 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Odanan, what do you think of this Orion build: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1644936 ?

Also in regards to the next assault mech:

Victor - It's a solid choice. I do suspect it will be coming in the future to give us an alternative to the Highlander

Hatamoto-Chi - Iconic mech which is also solid in it's own right

Banshee - Lots of variants and a solid alternative to the Atlas

Zeus - Another common and likely option

Cyclops - A choice for the command role

Annihilator - Good Urban combat mech with lots of variants

Emperor - Similar situation as the Highlander/Victor

Unlikely mechs - due to various reasons

Devastator - No enough variants

King Crab - Not enough in existence (yes I know this didn't stop the Highlander)

Mauler - the background behind this is too convoluted. If they go by Sarna it's released 3048 which is two years ago. Probably not that many made.

Thug - As Odanan says, it's a really weak assault.

Shogun - All but extinct

As a final note: Apparently all the Dev's are going on is if it's really available at the time (not regarding numbers just availability) and having 3+ variants (or will have 3 variants based on release time i.e. the Centurion/Raven/Jenner situation).

#1279 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostButane9000, on 21 December 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Odanan, what do you think of this Orion build: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1644936 ?

Looks like a good long range fire support. If you keep moving and delivering fire, it will be a terrifying foe.

Alternative: Large Lasers + UAC/5

#1280 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostOdanan, on 21 December 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

Looks like a good long range fire support. If you keep moving and delivering fire, it will be a terrifying foe.

Alternative: Large Lasers + UAC/5

I've thought about LL and a UAC5. It won't be out for awhile but if they managed to fix PPC's and LL's then it should be easier to decide when the Orion is released.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users