#1561 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

So, I update my predictions in the OP for next assault:

Banshee (35%), Zeus (29%), or Hatamoto-Chi (20%). Charger (10%), Cyclops (5%) or Annihilator (1%).

These are the chances I think of the mech to be the chosen one, based on number of variants, role, tonnage, availability, etc. - not my personal preferences.

#1562 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostOdanan, on 12 January 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

Personally, I would prefer the Hatamoto-Chi, just for the dual ballistics variant (HTM-27W).

The HTM-27W carries only a single ballistic weapon (an AC/5 in the Right-Torso).

The dual-ballistics version is actually a named-and-custom variant (and potential Hero 'Mech version), the HTM-27T "Daniel" piloted by Daniel Sorenson II, founder and commander of Sorenson's Sabres.
"HTM-27T Hatamoto-Chi "Daniel" - Personally awarded by Coordinator Takashi Kurita to Sorenson’s Sabres commander Daniel Sorenson in the lead-up to the War of 3039, the 'Mech Daniel received was a bridging design between the early field-test HTM-26T and the later production HTM-27T. Dropping two tons of armor and outfitted with a bulkier and less refined Endo-Steel chassis, enough weight was saved to mount a pair of experimental Luthien Armor Works developed LB 10-X AC prototypes in it arms and a pair of Telos SRM-4 launchers in its chest. A ton of reloads for each SRM launcher and four tons of autocannon reloads in its CASE protected side torsos kept the 'Mech in the thick of battle."
x2 (prototype) LB 10-X ACs (LA, RA) with four tons of ammo (x2 LT, x2 RT)
x2 SRM-4s (LT, RT) with two tons of ammo (LT, RT)
x2 CASE (LT, RT)
(prototype) Endo-Steel Internal Structure
320 Std Engine (top speed: 64.8 kph)
10 Standard/Single Heat Sinks
(Record sheet is on page 103 of Starterbook: Sword and Dragon)

All of the other timeline-appropriate variants are either energy boats (HTM-27U, HTM-27Y) or energy/missile carriers (HTM-26T, HTM-27T, HTM-27U, HTM-27V).

#1563 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 12 January 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

The HTM-27W carries only a single ballistic weapon (an AC/5 in the Right-Torso).

The dual-ballistics version is actually a named-and-custom variant (and potential Hero 'Mech version), the HTM-27T "Daniel" piloted by Daniel Sorenson II, founder and commander of Sorenson's Sabres.
"HTM-27T Hatamoto-Chi "Daniel" - Personally awarded by Coordinator Takashi Kurita to Sorenson’s Sabres commander Daniel Sorenson in the lead-up to the War of 3039, the 'Mech Daniel received was a bridging design between the early field-test HTM-26T and the later production HTM-27T. Dropping two tons of armor and outfitted with a bulkier and less refined Endo-Steel chassis, enough weight was saved to mount a pair of experimental Luthien Armor Works developed LB 10-X AC prototypes in it arms and a pair of Telos SRM-4 launchers in its chest. A ton of reloads for each SRM launcher and four tons of autocannon reloads in its CASE protected side torsos kept the 'Mech in the thick of battle."
x2 (prototype) LB 10-X ACs (LA, RA) with four tons of ammo (x2 LT, x2 RT)
x2 SRM-4s (LT, RT) with two tons of ammo (LT, RT)
x2 CASE (LT, RT)
(prototype) Endo-Steel Internal Structure
320 Std Engine (top speed: 64.8 kph)
10 Standard/Single Heat Sinks
(Record sheet is on page 103 of Starterbook: Sword and Dragon)

All of the other timeline-appropriate variants are either energy boats (HTM-27U, HTM-27Y) or energy/missile carriers (HTM-26T, HTM-27T, HTM-27U, HTM-27V).

I like the Hatamoto-Chi, I just do not feel it offers much more than the Awesome at this point. Don't get me wrong I would like to see it in game eventually. I really like the Daniel hero variant, it's the only exception, there is some good possibilities for AC/Gauss/SRM combinations.

#1564 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostOdanan, on 12 January 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

So, I update my predictions in the OP for next assault:

Banshee (35%), Zeus (29%), or Hatamoto-Chi (20%). Charger (10%), Cyclops (5%) or Annihilator (1%).

These are the chances I think of the mech to be the chosen one, based on number of variants, role, tonnage, availability, etc. - not my personal preferences.

I disagree.

Banshee (30%), Zeus (27%), Cyclops (20%), Charger (15%), Hatamoto-Chi (7%), Annihilator (1%)

#1565 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostSennin, on 12 January 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

I like the Hatamoto-Chi, I just do not feel it offers much more than the Awesome at this point. Don't get me wrong I would like to see it in game eventually. I really like the Daniel hero variant, it's the only exception, there is some good possibilities for AC/Gauss/SRM combinations.

IMO, if the Hatamoto-Chi were to be added in the near term, they would(/should) likely implement the following variants:
  • HTM-27T (energy/missile model; basic variant, and can duplicate both the HTM-26T (downgrade LosTech) and the HTM-27V (replace SRM-6s with LRM-5s))
  • HTM-27U (energy boat model; can duplicate the HTM-27Y (replace one RT-mounted MPLas with one ERLL, remove all other MPLas), the HTM-C (replace one Heat Sink with a C3 Slave Unit), and the HTM-CM (replace both RT-mounted MPLas and one Heat Sink with a C3 Master unit))
  • HTM-27W (only energy/ballistic model)
  • HTM-27T "Daniel" (Hero 'Mech; only ballistic/missile model, and only dual-ballistic model)
The Awesome has no variants with any ballistics, and doesn't have the distinctive "space samurai" styling. :rolleyes:

Your thoughts?

#1566 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

@ Strum,

I agree with your assessment of the Hatamoto. It fits nicely having the 3 basic variants plus the optional Hero variant. I cannot say I would be dissapointed if it were implemented in this way as 'Mech #20.

I guess I'm just hoping for something of the more iconic and stompy, shoot your face off, variety for what might be the last Inner Sphere assault 'Mech announced for a while. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sennin, 12 January 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#1567 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostButane9000, on 12 January 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

I disagree.

Banshee (30%), Zeus (27%), Cyclops (20%), Charger (15%), Hatamoto-Chi (7%), Annihilator (1%)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

I think the Hatamoto ranks 3rd place and that people do not give the Annihilator as much credit as it deserves. I would imagine PGI has no real qualms with rarity or exclusivity and are rather taken with what is popular or well received by it's player base because, let's face it, it's what keeps people playing. Look at the Highlander for instance, it is not a "common" 'Mech by any means. It was introduced more or less because it is a very popular icon in our small corner of the universe.

I would place the Annihilator over the Charger but I'm not sure the Cyclops because the Cyclops does offer an excuse for another broken Command/ECM platform that resembles the Atlas only faster.

#1568 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostSennin, on 12 January 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

I think the Hatamoto ranks 3rd place and that people do not give the Annihilator as much credit as it deserves. I would imagine PGI has no real qualms with rarity or exclusivity and are rather taken with what is popular or well received by it's player base because, let's face it, it's what keeps people playing. Look at the Highlander for instance, it is not a "common" 'Mech by any means. It was introduced more or less because it is a very popular icon in our small corner of the universe.

I would place the Annihilator over the Charger but I'm not sure the Cyclops because the Cyclops does offer an excuse for another broken Command/ECM platform that resembles the Atlas only faster.

I don't think they will add another IS 100 tonner so soon. There are plenty of other chassis to choose.
And the Highlander was used by some houses at 3050 (specially Liao) - the Annihilator can't be found anywhere else besides a handful with the WD.

Anyway, I will be very happy with any 5 of the 6 greater candidates. (yes, I'm rejecting you, Cyclops)

View PostStrum Wealh, on 12 January 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

HTM-27W (only energy/ballistic model)

Oh... I was thinking it had 2 AC/5s but no, it has only one. ******. :rolleyes:

Conclusion: I want the Charger!

#1569 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

@ Odanan,

I dont disagree with your statement. I'm just saying I feel the Annihilator ranks higher than the Charger.

#1570 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 January 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Conclusion: I want the Charger!

Since then the CGR-1L has remained in Cappellan service as a training 'Mech and, according to rumor, punishment assignment for dissident soldiers.

Would be a neat gift to forum trolls, but otherwise...

Also, have you been able to dig out any era apropriate mech that could actually be turned into a Warhammer?

Edited by Adridos, 12 January 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#1571 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostSennin, on 12 January 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

@ Odanan,

I dont disagree with your statement. I'm just saying I feel the Annihilator ranks higher than the Charger.

No problem. I secretly dream with the Annihilator. :D

#1572 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostAdridos, on 12 January 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Since then the CGR-1L has remained in Cappellan service as a training 'Mech and, according to rumor, punishment assignment for dissident soldiers.

Would be a neat gift to forum trolls, but otherwise...

Also, have you been able to dig out any era apropriate mech that could actually be turned into a Warhammer?

The Urbanmech would be a better punishment. The Charger CGR-1L is too fast for dissidents...

I understand there is a fetish for Marauders, Riflemen and Warhammers, but that's because of the looks, not the content. The Warhammer loadout, for instance is silly... 2x Machineguns and 2x Small Lasers instead of real armor? You would be better served with a Cataphract.

#1573 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

calling the mauler. 90 ton assault ballistic boat. It can use Daboku DCMS-MX90-D. As a variant Its basically the exact same thing. Like grand dragon and dragon.

#1574 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 January 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

I secretly dream with the Annihilator. :D

Same here! Nr.20 should be the Banshee, but the Annihilator is my all time favorite IS assault mech and I hope that we'll see him at some point.

#1575 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 January 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

I understand there is a fetish for Marauders, Riflemen and Warhammers, but that's because of the looks, not the content. The Warhammer loadout, for instance is silly... 2x Machineguns and 2x Small Lasers instead of real armor? You would be better served with a Cataphract.

Not ashamed to admit it, House Davion did right by these designs.

Edited by Sennin, 12 January 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#1576 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostSennin, on 12 January 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Not ashamed to admit it, House Davion did right by these designs.

I think the Japanese had something more to do with the designs of the Marauder, Rifleman and Warhammer. ;P

#1577 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 January 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

I think the Japanese had something more to do with the designs of the Marauder, Rifleman and Warhammer. ;P

Touche, funny guy. You know I meant the House Davion variants for each 'Mech. :D

#1578 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostSennin, on 12 January 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Touche, funny guy. You know I meant the House Davion variants for each 'Mech. :D

It's not hard to make an excellent mech (in TT):

- Max the armor;
- Add jump;
- Light mech: lots of medium lasers - running speed of at least 97.2 km/h;
- Medium mech: 1 PPC and lots of medium lasers - running speed of at least 86.4 km/h;
- Heavy mech: 2 PPCs and lots of medium lasers - running speed of at least 64.8 km/h;
- Assault mech: 3 PPCs and lots of medium lasers - running speed of at least 54 km/h.

What amazes me is how the makers of Battletech put so much effort in making most of the variants bad (I include here all the variants with both missile, energy and ballistic weapons all-together).

#1579 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

The Urbanmech would be a better punishment. The Charger CGR-1L is too fast for dissidents...

Stock mechs in general are terrible. But the Warhammer has a treasure trove of hard points.

6E, 2B, 1M in the base model. It'd be glorious with 2 UAC5s, 6ML, 1 SSRM2, and a XL 320 or some such.

#1580 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

86km/h, light armor (literally) and arament of 2xML and a LL. With no way to get into the mlagshield category, nor a way to put decent weapons in it and still being a massive target as is...

As far as Warhammer is concernced, the main point is we actually can't make it. It's weapon loadout is unique and not one of the mechs announce can do the same.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users