Ultimate Mech Discussion Thread

BattleMech Balance

20517 replies to this topic

#1741 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

View PostTyphus79, on 23 January 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

Will there be Clan Mechs as well implanted ? and how do the Dev's deal with the difference between inner Sphere Mechs and Clan Mechs ..because Clan Mechs are as you know better in Weapons and Equipment...so if Clan Mechs shows up they should play against more inner sphere Mechs...like in the Lore ....4-5 against 8 Inner Sphere something like that.

None of this has been set in stone yet beyond the fact that the Clans will be a separate faction.

#1742 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

23. January!

Posted Image

#1743 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Hopefully today. But I am starting to think it might be the 30th, god I hope not.

#1744 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 23 January 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

Hopefully today. But I am starting to think it might be the 30th, god I hope not.

I hope not as well.

C'mon Banshee!

#1745 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

With their terribly slow progress I believe they will withhold announcement because of patch today, justifying it as "we already gave them a patch with epic crapmando Death's Knell to play today, so we'd better save our announcement for the next week and so will not run out of new things to throw when our next patch will be missing or without content".

Though I hope that they're unorganised enough to be unable to coordinate announcement delay with patch delay. This happened recently, after all, with their email advertising end-of-match screen that isn't ready yet.

#1746 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostMorang, on 23 January 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

With their terribly slow progress I believe they will withhold announcement because of patch today, justifying it as "we already gave them a patch with epic crapmando Death's Knell to play today, so we'd better save our announcement for the next week and so will not run out of new things to throw when our next patch will be missing or without content".

Though I hope that they're unorganised enough to be unable to coordinate announcement delay with patch delay. This happened recently, after all, with their email advertising end-of-match screen that isn't ready yet.

Unfortunately that might just be the case.

#1747 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

seriously:

Posted Image

#1748 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostEns, on 23 January 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

seriously:

Posted Image

Have you noticed the Zeus resembles a lot the Battlemaster?

View PostMaverick01, on 22 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

I think it would be pretty neat to see Industrial Mechs represented on certain maps for MechWarrior Online.

"IndustrialMechs (also known as WorkMechs, UtilityMechs or, where applicable, ICE 'Mechs), though far less glamorous than their war-faring counterparts, are very important in the everyday life of the BattleTech universe. There are AgroMechs, ForestryMechs and LoggerMechs, LoaderMechs, MiningMechs, and many other types for many different industries including even armed SecurityMechs. Many of these 'Mechs use an internal combustion engine (ICE), usually diesel, due to the high cost of fusion reactors."

http://www.sarna.net.../IndustrialMech

Dark Ages... irk.

#1749 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostOdanan, on 23 January 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Have you noticed the Zeus resembles a lot the Battlemaster?

indeed! at least the silhouette of the profile pic at sarna ^_^, which is also a beauty. too bad it´s unseen :|

Edited by Ens, 23 January 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#1750 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostEns, on 23 January 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

seriously:

Posted Image

Being original pays off. Copying stuff... unless you're from Blizzard... does not. ^_^

#1751 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostAdridos, on 23 January 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Being original pays off. Copying stuff... unless you're from Blizzard... does not. B)

What, I'm pretty sure the Zeus is not unseen.

Posted Image

#1752 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

One and a half hours, please god.

#1753 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 23 January 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

One and a half hours, please god.

My predicions were right. ;)

#1754 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostOdanan, on 23 January 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

My predicions were right. ;)

WE STILL HAVE AN HOUR.

#1755 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

I am gonna cry.

#1756 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 23 January 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

HOW DARE YOU JINX IT!

#1757 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostOdanan, on 23 January 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

My predicions were right. ^_^

Odanan is right (thinking he's psychic), we shall see BattleMech 20 on the 30th.

#1758 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

So... something I noticed, that would help to make the case for the Victor being among those 'Mechs to be announced and implemented sooner rather than later:

In Ask the Devs 27, Garth confirmed that the HGN-733C would be among the variants of the Highlander to be implemented in MWO.

View PostGarth Erlam, on 03 December 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Q: How will mechs that have less than 3 variants achieve the elite and master tier levels of the mech trees? For example, the Highlander has been announced to only have 1 variant at launch (possible this has changed) [Tvae]
A: I only knew one variant at the time, saying something like "the only variant I know of is the HGN 732." The variants are: HGN-732, HGN-733, HGN-733C, HGN-733P.

This is significant because the HGN-733C (a low-tech variant described in TRO 3039) sacrifices the Hand and Lower Arm Actuators to mount the whole of its AC/20 in the Right Arm, while the Left Arm retains a full actuator set (Shoulder, Upper Arm, Lower Arm, and Hand) while also being the mounting point for the SRM-6.
Posted Image
(The record sheet, from RS 3039 Unabridged, is viewable here.)

In other words, this particular variant of the Highlander would have the same issue as several variants of the Victor (one arm is fully actuates while the other is minimally actuated, and both mount weapons).
Yet, that the HGN-733C is slated for inclusion would indicate that PGI has some solution in mind to address the situation... a solution that would likely work just as well for the Victor as for the Highlander.

With regard to variants, there are quite a few:
  • VTR-9B - the archetypical Victor, armed with an AC/20 (in the Right Arm), two Medium Lasers (both in the Left Arm), and a SRM-4 (in the Left Torso)
  • VTR-9A - a (non-LosTech) predecessor of the -9B, armed with an AC/20 (in the Right Arm), two Medium Lasers (both in the Left Arm), a SRM-4 (in the Left Torso), two Flamers (both in the Right Torso), and a Machine Gun (in the Left Torso)
  • VTR-9A1 - another (non-LosTech) predecessor of the -9B, armed with an AC/20 (in the Right Arm), two Medium Lasers (both in the Left Arm), a SRM-4 (in the Left Torso), and two Machine Gun (one in each leg, likely to be moved to the respective side-torsos for MWO)
  • VTR-9S - exchanges one ton of armor in order to replace the -9B's SRM-4 with a SRM-6, while retaining the rest of the -9B's armament {can be made more distinct via hardpoint allocation}
  • VTR-9K/VTR-9D - 3049 LosTech upgrade, armed with a Gauss Rifle (in the Right Arm), two Medium Pulse Lasers (both in the Left Arm), and a SRM-4 (in the Left Torso), while also making use of CASE (both side-torsos), Endo Steel, and an additional ton of Standard Armor {can be made more distinct via hardpoint allocation}
It also has a canon, timeline-appropriate (potential) Hero variant:
"Victor "Li" - The custom Victor (original model unknown) used by Tai-sho Li Dok To [Warlord of the Galedon Military District as of 3050] in the Fourth Succession War, this variant removed all the standard weapons and replaced them with a single LRM-15 [Left Torso] and ten Medium Lasers [all of them together in the Right Arm]. Armor and movement profiles remained unchanged, but it carried a total of nineteen [standard/single] heat sinks."

By 3050, the Victor had been famously piloted by several notable individuals: Patrick Kell, Theodore Kurita, Ardan Sortek, and Victor Steiner-Davion.

As such, I would argue that the Victor should not be crossed-off of the list of potential 'Mechs.

Your thoughts?

#1759 Topsytervy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts
  • Locationphx

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

most of the mechs i use are unseen. but i would like to see the panther(L), enforcer(M), quickdraw(H), grasshopper(H), victor(A), zeus(A), cyclops(A), and the banshee(A). on the banshee i use the "s" varient.

#1760 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 23 January 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

• VTR-9A1 - another (non-LosTech) predecessor of the -9B, armed with an AC/20 (in the Right Arm), two Medium Lasers (both in the Left Arm), a SRM-4 (in the Left Torso), and two Machine Gun (one in each leg, likely to be moved to the respective side-torsos for MWO)

80 tons mech, jumper, big engine, with ballistic hardpoints in both* side torsos? (*plus one extra in the arm)
- My mech of choice. :)

Indeed it's quite intriguing how they will implement the HGN-733C... This give a small chance for the Victor, after all (though the existence of the Highlander itself - a mech that excels the Victor in everything except the speed - don't helps much).

27 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook