#1821 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

So, 2 days for the next assault mech. Probabilities updated:

Banshee (35%), Zeus (25%), Charger (15%), Hatamoto-Chi (10%), Cyclops (5%), Victor (5%) or Annihilator (5%).

(I will really dig a BNC-3S...)

#1822 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

can't wait....... :)

#1823 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

I know it might seem to make sense game-mechanics wise, but why are we on an intro rotation of Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault? Why are we 1:1:1:1? The populations of the classes are not equal in the lore, why should they be here? IMHO it should be 3:4:2:1. Mediums are the workhorses of any unit (except maybe a Steiner scout lance). Lights are cheap so they are also in abundance. Heavies are used to give the assault force extra punch and assaults are special reserve to hold the line, open a line, or scare the sh*t out of the opposition......

After the initial rush of mech introductions to fill in the beta void, I hope they scale production back on some classes and focus on others more to make it more like the ratios in the lore... Just my 2 cents (again). :)

EDIT: Spelling...... sigh.....

Edited by cdlord, 28 January 2013 - 05:53 AM.

#1824 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Because Lights suck.

#1825 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostOdanan, on 28 January 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

So, 2 days for the next assault mech. Probabilities updated:

Banshee (35%), Zeus (25%), Charger (15%), Hatamoto-Chi (10%), Cyclops (5%), Victor (5%) or Annihilator (5%).

Personally, I think the projected likelihood for the Annihiliator is a bit too high.
Recall:
  • The Inner Sphere at large never had the capacity to produce it (the construction plans and prototypes (ANH-1X) went with Kerensky and the SLDF into exile from the IS), with the first production models (ANH-1G) being built in SLDF-in-Exile space.
  • The Clans ceased production of the Annihiliator prior to the beginning of their "Golden Century" (which began after Nicholas Kerensky's death in 2834 - though, the "Gausszilla" was produced in 2844, the Annihiliator C was produced in 2848, and the Annihiliator C2 was produced in 2850).
  • The Dragoons maintained exclusivity of the Annihiliator until the WoB J***d - so much so that the IS at large thought the design would become extinct after the Dragoons' near-destruction on Outreach at the hands of the Blakists (an outlook explicitly stated on page 106 of TRO 3050 Upgrade) in 3067, until Clan Wolf-in-Exile and Arc Royal BattleMechs produced the ANH-2AX in 3074.
And then there are the gameplay balance concerns that could rise from having a 'Mech that could mount a quartet Gauss Rifles, or twin AC/20s together with twin AC/10s, or twin AC/20s together with twin Gauss Rifles, or twin AC/10s together with twin Gauss Rifles, and so on and so forth.

IMO, the likelihood of the Annihiliator should be about 1%, rather than 5%.
Your thoughts?

#1826 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

View Postcdlord, on 28 January 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

I know it might seem to make sense game-mechanics wise, but why are we on an intro rotation of Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault? Why are we 1:1:1:1? The populations of the classes are not equal in the lore, why should they be here? IMHO it should be 3:4:2:1. Mediums are the workhorses of any unit (except maybe a Steiner scout lance). Lights are cheap so they are also in abundance. Heavies are used to give the assault force extra punch and assaults are special reserve to hold the line, open a line, or scare the sh*t out of the opposition......

After the initial rush of mech introductions to fill in the beta void, I hope they scale production back on some classes and focus on others more to make it more like the ratios in the lore... Just my 2 cents (again). ;)

EDIT: Spelling...... sigh.....

1:1:1:1 has nothing to do with POPULATION. There are numerous Assault chassis, for instance. Discounting the Unseen, there is a similar number of Light, Medium, Heavy and Assault mechs. Go on, count them.

About the number of mech of each class in the matches, this is influenced by other things, like how good/useful the mechs are, maintenance (which we don't have right now), and global resources (which will probably exist in the CW).

I hope the devs don't ever spoil the perfectness of the 1:1:1:1 class rate.

View PostStrum Wealh, on 28 January 2013 - 06:37 AM, said:

Personally, I think the projected likelihood for the Annihiliator is a bit too high.
Recall:
  • The Inner Sphere at large never had the capacity to produce it (the construction plans and prototypes (ANH-1X) went with Kerensky and the SLDF into exile from the IS), with the first production models (ANH-1G) being built in SLDF-in-Exile space.
  • The Clans ceased production of the Annihiliator prior to the beginning of their "Golden Century" (which began after Nicholas Kerensky's death in 2834 - though, the "Gausszilla" was produced in 2844, the Annihiliator C was produced in 2848, and the Annihiliator C2 was produced in 2850).
  • The Dragoons maintained exclusivity of the Annihiliator until the WoB J***d - so much so that the IS at large thought the design would become extinct after the Dragoons' near-destruction on Outreach at the hands of the Blakists (an outlook explicitly stated on page 106 of TRO 3050 Upgrade) in 3067, until Clan Wolf-in-Exile and Arc Royal BattleMechs produced the ANH-2AX in 3074.
And then there are the gameplay balance concerns that could rise from having a 'Mech that could mount a quartet Gauss Rifles, or twin AC/20s together with twin AC/10s, or twin AC/20s together with twin Gauss Rifles, or twin AC/10s together with twin Gauss Rifles, and so on and so forth.

Your thoughts?

By logic, yes. But devs do some strange things sometimes (I'm looking to you, Spider).

#1827 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostOdanan, on 28 January 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

Hopefully...it deserves it!
Aside frome the Annihilator, i don't care about the other possible choices.

View PostStrum Wealh, on 28 January 2013 - 06:37 AM, said:

Your thoughts?

1% whatever. There is still hope.

#1828 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostOdanan, on 28 January 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

1:1:1:1 has nothing to do with POPULATION. There are numerous Assault chassis, for instance. Discounting the Unseen, there is a similar number of Light, Medium, Heavy and Assault mechs. Go on, count them.

About the number of mech of each class in the matches, this is influenced by other things, like how good/useful the mechs are, maintenance (which we don't have right now), and global resources (which will probably exist in the CW).

I hope the devs don't ever spoil the perfectness of the 1:1:1:1 class rate.

From my TRO 3050 book, here are the numbers. Lights - 18, Mediums - 20, Heavies - 16, Assaults - 17. So you are partially correct, there are numerous chassis, but some still outnumber others. However, in the lore of battletech/Mechwarrior, there are classes that enjoy a numerical advantage over the others. One of the ways the devs can limit the fotm habits of players is to offer far more choices in one class than another. Not looking to start a flame war here, just offering up my opinion. ;)

#1829 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

View Postcdlord, on 28 January 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

From my TRO 3050 book, here are the numbers. Lights - 18, Mediums - 20, Heavies - 16, Assaults - 17. So you are partially correct, there are numerous chassis, but some still outnumber others. However, in the lore of battletech/Mechwarrior, there are classes that enjoy a numerical advantage over the others. One of the ways the devs can limit the fotm habits of players is to offer far more choices in one class than another. Not looking to start a flame war here, just offering up my opinion. ;)

How? How would this limit the "fotm habits"? People, regardless of how bad or good a chassis is, are going min-max because it only makes sense to build your Mech as good as it can be.

#1830 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to see the Zeus as the next mech.
::crosses fingers::

#1831 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostShadowVFX, on 28 January 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to see the Zeus as the next mech.
::crosses fingers::

I swear to Cthulhu and all that is unholy, that I will quit if the Zeus isn't the next mech lol.

#1832 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

same

#1833 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostEns, on 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

same

Looks like the next mech will be a Steiner favorite (either Banshee or the Zeus).

#1834 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 28 January 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

I swear to Cthulhu and all that is unholy, that I will quit if the Zeus isn't the next mech lol.

View PostEns, on 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

same

If we get the Banshee, can I have your stuff before you go?

#1835 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 28 January 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

All I have is a spider and a founders hunchback

#1836 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

All I have is a spider and a founders hunchback

Fine. I love the Spider! <_<

#1837 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 29 January 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

Fine. I love the Spider! <_<

I have the one you won't like lol.

#1838 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 520 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

The next mech is the Treb followed by the Jagermech.

http://mwomercs.com/...uary-24th-2013/

At least we will get two new maps soon!

#1839 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostJavin, on 29 January 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

The next mech is the Treb followed by the Jagermech.

http://mwomercs.com/...uary-24th-2013/

At least we will get two new maps soon!

Did you read the OP? We are talking about ANNOUNCED mechs, not which one will be in game next.

#1840 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 28 January 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

no, but....

you could have all my stuff if we get the Zeus.... i´ll drive any variant of it anyway and there won´t be anything left that i need...
so my 12 mechs are yours ;)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook