20517 replies to this topic

#3201 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostOdanan, on 05 April 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

PS: in the advent of the #5 assault mech, I would pick the Banshee, filling all tonnages with common mechs.

I don't think this is a factor, look at the Medium 'mechs and the fact we have three of the same weight class. Not saying it'd not be nice to spread some weight out, but I also don't think it's a huge deal at this point honestly.

Not specifically hating on the Banshee, mind you.

#3202 Cferre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 290 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

I hope they drop the ''atleast 3 variants'' crap any time soon. So much more choices without it.

#3203 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostCferre, on 05 April 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

I hope they drop the ''atleast 3 variants'' crap any time soon. So much more choices without it.

I think they should just group similar chassis of the same weight for ones that will never have more than three. An obvious choice for grouping would be the Mauler and the Daboku.

#3204 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostCferre, on 05 April 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

Considering you need 3 chassis in order to master a 'mech...I don't see that EVER going away. That is, unless they become comfortable with just making up variants...but I think they'll avoid that for as long as possible untill they've completely exhausted the 'mechs with 3 variants minimum.. Hero 'mechs cannot count due to them being MC priced.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 05 April 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#3205 Geminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

Call me a crazy obsessed dreamer, But I think #20 will be a battlemaster or marauder II.
What reason could they have for holding off on telling us what #20 is for so long other than doing something like, "surpeise! Heres your re-seen!"
I mean, they are being very tight liped about the re-seen, saying there would be an offical anoucnment about them ages ago, and then turned to "no comment, no comment, no comment" as their only answer to the re-seen question.
I may be desperate to get my Marauders and Marauder IIs, but Its the only reason I can think off that they would put so much build up on the last of the "Launch batch" of Mechs.

#3206 Bromineberry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

View PostGeminus, on 06 April 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

Call me a crazy obsessed dreamer, But I think #20 will be a battlemaster or marauder II.
What reason could they have for holding off on telling us what #20 is for so long other than doing something like, "surpeise! Heres your re-seen!"
I mean, they are being very tight liped about the re-seen, saying there would be an offical anoucnment about them ages ago, and then turned to "no comment, no comment, no comment" as their only answer to the re-seen question.
I may be desperate to get my Marauders and Marauder IIs, but Its the only reason I can think off that they would put so much build up on the last of the "Launch batch" of Mechs.

If it is a re-seen and not the Warhammer, then this will make me cry. :)

#3207 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

I hope if PGI wants to add a reseen, that it will be their own design.

#3208 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

View PostGeminus, on 06 April 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

They aren't putting buildup on the final IS mech, we are. The reason it's been delayed so long is most likely because up until now they were waaaaay ahead in regards to announcing mechs and when they were finally in game. So they are most likely waiting for the Concept Art date to be closer to the In-game date.

#3209 Geminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:32 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 06 April 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

They aren't putting buildup on the final IS mech, we are. The reason it's been delayed so long is most likely because up until now they were waaaaay ahead in regards to announcing mechs and when they were finally in game. So they are most likely waiting for the Concept Art date to be closer to the In-game date.

It's possible, I accept that line of reasoning, but I think a name without the concept art would be aceptable, they have to know that were chomping at the bit to know what its going to be.

View PostBromineberry, on 06 April 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

If it is a re-seen and not the Warhammer, then this will make me cry. :rolleyes:

Or warhammer. :)

View PostSgtMagor, on 06 April 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

Yes, I would deffinaley like to see there take on the wrhammer, marauder, locust, and well, really all of them. They have really done an amazing job at the mech designs. They deserve so much credit for keeping each mechs "look" while at the same time updating and making them look awesome.

#3210 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostGeminus, on 06 April 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

It's possible, I accept that line of reasoning, but I think a name without the concept art would be aceptable, they have to know that were chomping at the bit to know what its going to be.

Or warhammer. :)

I honestly think they only have 5 clan mechs ready with the 6th being the 5th assault. I agree it's frustrating waiting for them to announce the #20 but at the same time it would just breed more frustration in the fact we would have to wait until august to get it, couple that with the "1.0 launch" at the end of august.... well now you have scheduling conflicts. So there is a chance we may not get a fifth IS assault.... which would be dumb.

#3211 Geminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 06 April 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

I honestly think they only have 5 clan mechs ready with the 6th being the 5th assault. I agree it's frustrating waiting for them to announce the #20 but at the same time it would just breed more frustration in the fact we would have to wait until august to get it, couple that with the "1.0 launch" at the end of august.... well now you have scheduling conflicts. So there is a chance we may not get a fifth IS assault.... which would be dumb.

Where do you come by that there are 5 clan mechs ready? I try to stay informed on the forums and espically about the mech releases, where did you read that?

#3212 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

NGNG Podcast with Bryan as guest.

#3213 Geminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostEns, on 06 April 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

NGNG Podcast with Bryan as guest.

Thanks, it would be nice if they would put the stuff they say off site in the command chair posts. I mean, im sure it could be here somehwere, but theres so much to wade through. I would love a mech progress, clan progress, cw progress, legal status of the reseen command post area.

#3214 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostGeminus, on 06 April 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Thanks, it would be nice if they would put the stuff they say off site in the command chair posts. I mean, im sure it could be here somehwere, but theres so much to wade through. I would love a mech progress, clan progress, cw progress, legal status of the reseen command post area.

Yeah I don't know if you listened to the podcast (I don't because I don't care for the massive amounts of brown nosing they do), but one of the devs said they have 6 mechs ready and waiting to be released. (I'm assuming by "ready" they mean the concept art is ready, but in game files are not).

#3215 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 06 April 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

I agree it's frustrating waiting for them to announce the #20 but at the same time it would just breed more frustration in the fact we would have to wait until august to get it, couple that with the "1.0 launch" at the end of august....

I don't agree. I'm very OK with the fact the mech will be in the game only in August - I just want to see the concept art NOW.

#3216 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 April 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

I don't agree. I'm very OK with the fact the mech will be in the game only in August - I just want to see the concept art NOW.

Trust me, I would be VERY VERY OK with them releasing it now.

#3217 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 05 April 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Considering you need 3 chassis in order to master a 'mech...I don't see that EVER going away. That is, unless they become comfortable with just making up variants...but I think they'll avoid that for as long as possible untill they've completely exhausted the 'mechs with 3 variants minimum.. Hero 'mechs cannot count due to them being MC priced.
what they need to do is instead of forcing us to grind through 3 variants of the same mech... Just triple how much XP we need to grind per variant and let us grind though the skill tree on the variants of mech we want that way. So instead of 750 XP on 1 skill for 3 variants... Make it 2250 for the variant we want to grind through. And never have to touch other variants we don't want.

#3218 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

good thing I see about 3 variants is, you get to use a mech you wouldn't think of trying and actually like it...Oh heh, wheres #20 ^_^ sshhh its a Banshee right!

Edited by SgtMagor, 06 April 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#3219 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 06 April 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

what they need to do is instead of forcing us to grind through 3 variants of the same mech... Just triple how much XP we need to grind per variant and let us grind though the skill tree on the variants of mech we want that way. So instead of 750 XP on 1 skill for 3 variants... Make it 2250 for the variant we want to grind through. And never have to touch other variants we don't want.

This will possibly be part of the so called "revamp" of the mech and pilot trees they mentioned a month or two ago.

#3220 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 06 April 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

If it is their own design and it rocks, this would be cool. Otherwise could be epic facepalm.

I reckon they should put the question forward to the community - maybe even get a community designed mech; submit your design, shortlist picked, then voted in by the community.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users