#4161 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 26 June 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

Reseens! Nice, but i'm not interested, cause i was never a fan of the unseen/reseen mechs. I'll spend no money to PGI, until the Clans and their stuff are reday for launch. For now, my good ol' IS founder trashcans are good enough.

Disagree

View PostThe Birdeater, on 26 June 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

They should release the typical concept art pictures of these phoenix reseens, cause the "Repainted concept art-Thread" could need some new stuff. :(

AGREE 100% ;)

#4162 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

I agree the locust looks a bit off, but then again the concept art isn't always 100% accurate to what we'll see in-game. Close though so don't get your hopes up too high....

Shadowhawk looks good though. This whole Phoenix thing speaks well for getting more unseens. I'd like to think that eventually we'll have every mech from the genre in game, from the Mackie to the Clans to the latest IS baddie out there (according to the timeline of course).

#4163 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

BIG AL! i want the ability to carry dual gauss on an assault.(so i can build a devastator since i doubt its gonna make an appearance)

#4164 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 26 June 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

*bothered by the Shadow Hawk's left hand*
Posted Image
Why was its pinkie turned into a second thumb? :(

betcha the right hand is the same. Was worried about that from the silhouette, that they would try to go Centurion with the hands (btw, the hand has ALWAYS been mostly hated on the Centy guys... read your own forums!!!)

The T-Bolt has equally odd looking hand silhouette...... *gets worried* ;)

#4165 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 June 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

betcha the right hand is the same. Was worried about that from the silhouette, that they would try to go Centurion with the hands (btw, the hand has ALWAYS been mostly hated on the Centy guys... read your own forums!!!)

The T-Bolt has equally odd looking hand silhouette...... *gets worried* ;)

Hmmm... clearly, these 'Mechs are being built (in-universe) by Neosapiens? :(
Posted Image
"They have four fingers, including two opposing thumbs, on each hand, and four toes on each foot.They have four fingers, including two opposing thumbs, on each hand, and four toes on each foot."

Edited by Strum Wealh, 26 June 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#4166 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 June 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

The T-Bolt has equally odd looking hand silhouette...... *gets worried* :(

Yeah, I'm also a little put off by the T-bolts hand silhouette, but the Shadowhawk's isn't as bad as I feared. At least it's a little beefier than the Cent's delicate chicken bones. I still want to see some of that fabled Lang hand actuator power the fluff mentions.

#4167 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostJoachim Viltry, on 25 June 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

Just the thought of the Thunderbolt makes me so happy, i might cry.

*edited to ADD*

I WANT IT!

Posted Image

Amazing! I can see the MWO Thunderbolt will be very similar to this (look at the outlines).

View PostPOOTYTANGASAUR, on 26 June 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

BIG AL! i want the ability to carry dual gauss on an assault.(so i can build a devastator since i doubt its gonna make an appearance)

Get a Victor.

#4168 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

I don't know if you guys noticed, but the MWO's Shadow Hawk is not the Reseen, but the Unseen!
Has this anything to do with the new agreement of 2009?

(that was a good thing, because the Reseen Shadow Hawk is ugly as hell)

BTW, looking forward for the 2 remaining Phoenixes.

#4169 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostOdanan, on 26 June 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

I don't know if you guys noticed, but the MWO's Shadow Hawk is not the Reseen, but the Unseen!

I am sure FD is putting his own unique spin on things which takes it out of either the unseen or reseen classifications. The Flea is completely different from the original art, and most of the rest have significant changes.

#4170 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostOdanan, on 26 June 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Amazing! I can see the MWO Thunderbolt will be very similar to this (look at the outlines).

Get a Victor.

which, if it comes into the game looking like that, I will be VERY happy. Of course the forums will continue to be filled with QQ about i no t"being the Unseen versions", but I've been learning to treat posts form the usual suspects like dogpoo. I pay enough attention to avoid it, and then don't let it intrude into my thoughts from there.

#4171 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostAdridos, on 26 June 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

That Dynasty Guard warrior picked the right mech... :P

Posted Image

This Shadow Hawk was a gift specially for you, Adridos. :(

#4172 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostOdanan, on 26 June 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

Yeah and even though the locust is off, it's more like the unseen than the reseen too (boxy cockpit).

#4173 Joachim Viltry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA, Terra, SOL System, Inner Sphere

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostBelorion, on 26 June 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

I am sure FD is putting his own unique spin on things which takes it out of either the unseen or reseen classifications. The Flea is completely different from the original art, and most of the rest have significant changes.

I'm really liking the way Alex has taken the basic layout of these designs and built it up in his style.

Really I have never understood how it's a problem to have a complete redesign like this and be at all concerned about "unseen"- ness. The only thing that is "unseen" about any b-tech mechs is the original art design.

They could build up a Marauder tomorrow that doesn't infringe on anyone's IP art wise and call it done (that's what the original Project Phoenix did; except they gave wiggle room to the original depictions by having them be basically a new model year with updated styling).

At most they share the same basic layout, and some general shapes, but really each MWO design is pretty far removed from it's TRO art, or miniature representation. Just LOOK at the Awesome. Sure you can tell it's an Awesome, because many of the basic shapes are there, but it's so different from the actual miniature that it could easily be called an entirely different machine. The Centurion is even more wildly removed from it's roots.

The shadow hawk looks solid, kinda looks halfway between the original, and the reseen (although part of that is probably due to the boxy MWO style reminding me of the boxy reseen's arms and legs).

All that said, I'm getting an EFFING THUNDERBOLT! SQUEEEEEE.

#4174 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostJoachim Viltry, on 26 June 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

I'm really liking the way Alex has taken the basic layout of these designs and built it up in his style.

Really I have never understood how it's a problem to have a complete redesign like this and be at all concerned about "unseen"- ness. The only thing that is "unseen" about any b-tech mechs is the original art design.

They could build up a Marauder tomorrow that doesn't infringe on anyone's IP art wise and call it done (that's what the original Project Phoenix did; except they gave wiggle room to the original depictions by having them be basically a new model year with updated styling).

At most they share the same basic layout, and some general shapes, but really each MWO design is pretty far removed from it's TRO art, or miniature representation. Just LOOK at the Awesome. Sure you can tell it's an Awesome, because many of the basic shapes are there, but it's so different from the actual miniature that it could easily be called an entirely different machine. The Centurion is even more wildly removed from it's roots.

The shadow hawk looks solid, kinda looks halfway between the original, and the reseen (although part of that is probably due to the boxy MWO style reminding me of the boxy reseen's arms and legs).

All that said, I'm getting an EFFING THUNDERBOLT! SQUEEEEEE.

problem is the real reason most people LIKED the Unseen in the first place WAS the art.

Anyone could draw any squiggle and call it a Marauder (I mean they basically did that for the rest of the designs, the reason those were popular is they were among the only ones that DIDN'T look like poo, lol)

#4175 Joachim Viltry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 June 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

problem is the real reason most people LIKED the Unseen in the first place WAS the art.

But we all know we wont get that. We haven't even really gotten ANY design that looked like it's original art! (i demand the Dragon be redone to make it's snout look like a trapazoid from the front rather than a square dammit! And fix the shoulders!)

So really the whole "i want the unseen, and I want 'em too look like the unseen" crowd might as well ask for a unicorn and some cotton candy from Santa Claus for all the good it will do. We get the lay-out of the original, a bit of the visual impression, but all new art MWO-ified. that is the way of it.

As a BattleTech {Noble MechWarrior}, all I want is my Thunderbolt. I don't care if it looks like the illegitimate offspring of a platypus and Barny the Dinosaur, so long as under the hood it feels like a t-bolt.

Call me a heretic; but the reseen T-bolt looked worlds better than that anime trash-can it started out as anyway. Just going by the silhouette I'm seeing a lot more of the new t-bolt than the old, and for that I am thankful.

Edited to note - Apparently F A N boy is auto-magically edited to "noble Mechwarrior" lulz

Edited by Joachim Viltry, 26 June 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#4176 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostJoachim Viltry, on 26 June 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

But we all know we wont get that. We haven't even really gotten ANY design that looked like it's original art! (i demand the Dragon be redone to make it's snout look like a trapazoid from the front rather than a square dammit! And fix the shoulders!)

So really the whole "i want the unseen, and I want 'em too look like the unseen" crowd might as well ask for a unicorn and some cotton candy from Santa Claus for all the good it will do. We get the lay-out of the original, a bit of the visual impression, but all new art MWO-ified. that is the way of it.

As a BattleTech {Noble MechWarrior}, all I want is my Thunderbolt. I don't care if it looks like the illegitimate offspring of a platypus and Barny the Dinosaur, so long as under the hood it feels like a t-bolt.

Call me a heretic; but the reseen T-bolt looked worlds better than that anime trash-can it started out as anyway. Just going by the silhouette I'm seeing a lot more of the new t-bolt than the old, and for that I am thankful.

Edited to note - Apparently F A N boy is auto-magically edited to "noble Mechwarrior" lulz

I (largely) agree. Especially with the improvement" to the T-Bolt (made it too lanky, but the basic design was way cooler, and the FD re-do is bound to be squatter, too). I also really like the basic re-design of the Marauder Re-Seen, which just needed beefier legs. (well and the Pod arms, the barrel rams looked STUPID).

that said, most of the re-designs in that TRO were complete and utter crap.

But I have been one of the legion of Btech artists trying to find that "acceptable compromise"for literally years now, and let me tell ya..... it ain't happened yet. Shimmering Sword gets probably the most nods, problem is, he gets them because they are essentially the Unseen designs and would NEVER get past HGs lawyers.

#4177 Joachim Viltry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 June 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

that said, most of the re-designs in that TRO were complete and utter crap.

Oh I concur. The Clan marauder should have been the IS design, and the IS marauder should have been the clan one.

But the Phoenix Hawk looked pretty nice, the reseen Battlemaster looks substantially better than the bubble cockpited original, to my eyes.

the real problem with the reseen Shadowhawk was the use of the same gunbarrel as on the Rifleman, just blows the sense of proportion away, on an otherwise sharp looking mech... It's like if a guy duct taped an AT4 onto his shoulder to try and intimidate the enemy.

Posted Image

Any way...

This is a NEXT MECH thread isn't it? so what do we think of the soon to be released Hero Victor, eh?

And My predictions for upcoming IS mechs are...

Firestarter (the first bit of FD's art I ever recalled seeing was of a firestarter...)

Vindicator or Clint (toss a bone to the Cappys, why not)

Banshee (fill that gap!)

Edited by Joachim Viltry, 26 June 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#4178 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostJoachim Viltry, on 26 June 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Any way...

This is a NEXT MECH thread isn't it? so what do we think of the soon to be released Hero Victor, eh?

And My predictions for upcoming IS mechs are...

Firestarter (the first bit of FD's art I ever recalled seeing was of a firestarter...)

Vindicator or Clint (toss a bone to the Cappys, why not)

Banshee (fill that gap!)

Very, very good predictions.

I, however, prefer the faster Clint over one more ponderous Medium...

BTW: no, the Reseen Shadow Hawk (AKA Cobra Commander) is horrible! The Unseen is ugly, but at least is a classic. The FD's redesign is amazing: best of both worlds and even better.

#4179 Phoenix Branson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostButane9000, on 25 June 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

That's a total of 25 Inner Sphere mechs. That leaves us with 7 more slots (long ago devs stated they were aiming for 32).

Lights currently have 6.
Mediums currently have 6
Heavies currently have 7.
Assaults currently have 6.

So we could see 2 more lights, mediums and assaults and 1 heavy.

Here are the mechs I think PGI will add...

Light (2)
Firestarter
UrbanMech

Medium (2)
Vulcan
Vindicator

Heavy (1)
Guillotine

Assault (2)
Banshee
Cyclops

#4180 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 26 June 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Here are the mechs I think PGI will add...

Light (2)
Firestarter
UrbanMech

Medium (2)
Vulcan
Vindicator

Heavy (1)
Guillotine

Assault (2)
Banshee
Cyclops

- Guillotine is kind of a waste after the Quickdraw.
- Cyclops is too similar in weapons loadout to the Atlas, Highlander and Orion.
- Vindicator is too slow.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook