20517 replies to this topic

#4941 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:09 AM

^ Yes, and the Champ has a unique design and would give the game some visual variety!
Atm, all humanoid Mechs look the same, ingame!

#4942 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

View Postcdlord, on 30 August 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

I would really like to see the Champion in game. I think it would be a nice addition to the game and I'd love to see what PGI's artists could do with it. I don't know if there are enough time specific variants out there though. I'm sure PGI could come up with something....

The Champion could/would have the CHP-1N, CHP-1N2, and CHP-2N variants available. ^_^

View PostStrum Wealh, on 02 August 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

The layout of the Champion is very different from that of the Dragon (two extra lasers, missiles in the LT rather than the CT, no arm weapons at all (ACs in the RT, lasers and missiles in the LT, and lasers in the CT)), and the hardpoint potentials are also very different (particularly with regard to missiles).

Give one an extra ballistic hardpoint, give one an extra energy hardpoint, and give one an extra missile hardpoint; the combination of that, the distribution of hardpoints across the body (and thus unable to take agvantage of the greater firing arcs and faster tracking allowed by mounting weapons in actuated arms), and the geometry of the 'Mech (with both arms being empty and effectively vestigial... and given their usual shape in BT artwork, generally incapable of being used to effectively (if at all) shield the body) would keep the Champion sufficiently distinct from the Dragon.

Example CHP-1N:
LT: x2 ballistic (x1 LB 10-X)
CT: x2 energy (x2 Small Laser)
RT: x2 energy (x2 Medium Laser), x1 missile (x1 ASRM-6)
Standard Internal Structure, Standard 300 Engine, FF Armor (71% of maximum), Standard Heat Sinks

Example CHP-1N2:
LT: x1 ballistic (x1 LB 10-X)
RT: x3 energy (x2 Medium Laser), x1 missile (x1 ASRM-6)
Standard Internal Structure, Standard 300 Engine, FF Armor (71% of maximum), Double Heat Sinks

Example CHP-2N:
LT: x1 ballistic (x1 AC/10)
RT: x2 energy (x2 Medium Laser), x2 missile (x1 SRM-6)
Standard Internal Structure, Standard 300 Engine, Standard Armor (64% of maximum), Standard Heat Sinks

As described in the above examples, the Champion has the potential to carry a greater number of weapons (in different E/B/M ratios) than the Dragon, but has substantially less flexibility in bringing said weapons to bear (due to all of the weapons being torso-mounted).

#4943 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 30 August 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

The Champion could/would have the CHP-1N, CHP-1N2, and CHP-2N variants available. :D

Really? All torso mounted weapons? Nothing in the wings?
Posted Image

#4944 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

Something else:

with "Phoenix" there are so many Mechs pre-announced.....yet still not in game / will hit in the next couple months

i´m concerned about if we´ll see any new IS announcements at all...( especially Zeus or Banshee )
i mean, surely there will be clan announcements shortly, don´t you think?

#4945 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

View Postcdlord, on 30 August 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

Really? All torso mounted weapons? Nothing in the wings?
Posted Image

That is what the online record sheets I knew of said. The post I self-quoted has links to the record sheets from BTE (which were correct and working at the time of posting), but the site was down last I checked (and the links may point to different 'Mechs if/when it comes back up). Though, the data for the CHP-1N and CHP-2N from Solaris7.com (derived from TRO 2750 and TRO 3025, respectively) say the same thing: the Champion's "wings" (aside from the Shoulder and Upper Arm Actuators) are empty.

Edited by Strum Wealh, 30 August 2013 - 07:06 AM.

#4946 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 30 August 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

That is what the online record sheets I knew of said. The post I self-quoted has links to the record sheets from BTE (which were correct and working at the time of posting), but the site was down last I checked (and the links may point to different 'Mechs if/when it comes back up). Though, the data for the CHP-1N and CHP-2N from Solaris7.com (derived from TRO 2750 and TRO 3025, respectively) say the same thing: the Champion's "wings" (aside from the Shoulder and Upper Arm Actuators) are empty.

Wow, cool man. Seems like a waste (perhaps I like the Champ a bit less now too). Ah well. Should still be added. All available mechs should be added.

#4947 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 30 August 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Thanks. Now I remember how much I loved the Griffin 3N. Wish that was on eof the variants being made.

#4948 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostEns, on 30 August 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

Something else:

with "Phoenix" there are so many Mechs pre-announced.....yet still not in game / will hit in the next couple months

i´m concerned about if we´ll see any new IS announcements at all...( especially Zeus or Banshee )

Well, there is still the plan to release 2 mechs per month.

#4949 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostEns, on 30 August 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

Something else:

Not sure about this. when ever they release anything even remotely clan looking the forums are going to EXPLODE. So if they do it around launch time they could be looking at a lot of issues. I think November for first clan 'Mech announcements.

#4950 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostColddawg, on 30 August 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Not sure about this. when ever they release anything even remotely clan looking the forums are going to EXPLODE. So if they do it around launch time they could be looking at a lot of issues. I think November for first clan 'Mech announcements.

Read this interview:
"The clan warfare's going to come out after launch. It's going to roll out within the first two to three quarters after launch and it'll start with some basic content and then the players will be able to join the clans and then they'll be able to buy the clan tech,"

#4951 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostOdanan, on 30 August 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Read this interview:
"The clan warfare's going to come out after launch. It's going to roll out within the first two to three quarters after launch and it'll start with some basic content and then the players will be able to join the clans and then they'll be able to buy the clan tech,"

They're interchanging both clan tech and community warfare/clans. This makes it very confusing and ambiguous.

#4952 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

View PostColddawg, on 30 August 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Nah, I bet the first clans will be announced june/august of 2014 as another Founder/Phoenix pack alike. Until then we won't know anything about clans, that's for sure imho.

#4953 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 31 August 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

Nah, I bet the first clans will be announced june/august of 2014 as another Founder/Phoenix pack alike. Until then we won't know anything about clans, that's for sure imho.

still won't be surprised to see them announced at Christmas in a package like the Phoenix one.

#4954 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 August 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

still won't be surprised to see them announced at Christmas in a package like the Phoenix one.

Hmm I think it's unlikely, but who knows maybe they'll speed up the cycle. I don't see Clans without CW and phase 1 hopefully will be with us right for the date you vent.. or you could be right if they need further money, but Phoenix looks to perform well under this pov.

#4955 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 31 August 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

Hmm I think it's unlikely, but who knows maybe they'll speed up the cycle. I don't see Clans without CW and phase 1 hopefully will be with us right for the date you vent.. or you could be right if they need further money, but Phoenix looks to perform well under this pov.

remember, i said ANNOUNCED. Saber mechs are still 3 months out. But announced at Xmas and rolled out in said manner mean the package buyers start getting them at the beginning of the 2nd Quarter after launch, and to the masses by 3rd Quarter after launch.

#4956 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Looking at the Griffin hardpoints, I don't see why the Banshee should be left out of the game.

See this?
Posted Image
Get used to it.

#4957 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostOdanan, on 31 August 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Looking at the Griffin hardpoints, I don't see why the Banshee should be left out of the game.

See this?
Posted Image
Get used to it.

Banshee please, I want mah Tower of Power.

#4958 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostOdanan, on 31 August 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

See this?
Posted Image
Get used to it.

\whoa, where's that from?

#4959 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

Forget the Banshee, need more Cyclops...

Posted Image

#4960 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 31 August 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Forget the Banshee, need more Cyclops...

Posted Image

this guy concurs.
Posted Image

33 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users