• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 04 October 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

Mine is...

Why delay the announcement of the Cyclops any longer? :(

Posted Image

Probably because the Command Console is just about useless waste of 3tons/1crit right now. Though let me know when you put this in; I will like it in hopes they decide to get off their ***** and make it.

#5342 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 04 October 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Probably because the Command Console is just about useless waste of 3tons/1crit right now. Though let me know when you put this in; I will like it in hopes they decide to get off their ***** and make it.

I still don't see why they didn't take my idea for the Command Console.

Same 1 critical slot, 3 tons weight.

Have it add 2 module slots to the mech in question.

Those module slots can only be filled by consumables that help the team (UAV, Air Strike, Artillery Strike).

That way if they still want coolant flush they have to use a regular module slot.

#5343 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Banshee was my favorite mech back in MPBT Solaris but I don't think any of the variants would be competitive but the 3S.

#5344 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostSmithMPBT, on 04 October 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Banshee was my favorite mech back in MPBT Solaris but I don't think any of the variants would be competitive but the 3S.

Stock? Sure, most variants are awful. But, again, with hardpoint inflation, they are pretty interesting:
Posted Image

#5345 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostButane9000, on 04 October 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Those module slots can only be filled by consumables that help the team (UAV, Air Strike, Artillery Strike).

That way if they still want coolant flush they have to use a regular module slot.

But, it could be so much more than that... :(

#5346 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 04 October 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

But, it could be so much more than that... :(

You dream friend... you dream.

#5347 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostButane9000, on 04 October 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

If they added the 3 consumable modules (UAV, Air Strike, Artillery Strike) in the Command Console, and were the only way to get these, it would work.

But these is another feature that I find even more interesting: removing the ability of anti-ECM from the ECM itself and adding it to the Command Console - but more powerful. That would finally put an end the the golden (OP) days of the ECM.

#5348 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostOdanan, on 04 October 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

If they added the 3 consumable modules (UAV, Air Strike, Artillery Strike) in the Command Console, and were the only way to get these, it would work.

But these is another feature that I find even more interesting: removing the ability of anti-ECM from the ECM itself and adding it to the Command Console - but more powerful. That would finally put an end the the golden (OP) days of the ECM.

BAP has Anti-ECM already.

#5349 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostOdanan, on 04 October 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Stock? Sure, most variants are awful. But, again, with hardpoint inflation, they are pretty interesting:
Posted Image

Just thought I would point out that the Binary Laser Cannon is mounted in the RIGHT torso on the ZEU-6Y. I still want that 'Mech, it just looks beastly even compared to the regular Zeus.

#5350 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostWieland, on 05 October 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

BAP has Anti-ECM already.

BAP has anti-ECM just for the mech equipped with it.

#5351 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

It would be interesting if ECM only covered a limited amount of 'mechs instead of creating a blanket. Say, it only covered the 'mech that has it installed or maybe one other as well.

#5352 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 05 October 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Just thought I would point out that the Binary Laser Cannon is mounted in the RIGHT torso on the ZEU-6Y. I still want that 'Mech, it just looks beastly even compared to the regular Zeus.

The Binary Laser Cannon also shoots for less heat on a ZEU-6Y due to a canon design quirk.

#5353 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

sweet ride!Posted Image Binary Laser, Ac5, Lrm10,2 med lasers

Edited by SgtMagor, 06 October 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#5354 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Odanan, are you still a fan of MWO? Just curious. :P

#5355 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 06 October 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

Odanan, are you still a fan of MWO? Just curious. :angry:

Since these factors, I can't say I'm a MWO's fan:

- The Cooland Flush scandal;
- Consumables (I don't care about a module usable only once per battle, but paying for it over and over is offensive);
- ECM: the most OP piece of 1.5 tons (yes, it is still too good for the weight);
- The stubborn reluctance (or incapacity) of balancing some weapons (MGs, Flamers, LBX too bad; NARC useless; etc.) and chassis (Awesome and others);
- Ghost Heat;
- 3rd Person View: which WE NEVER WANTED;
- PR disaster after the 3PV fiasco;
- Gauss WTF?
- the prospect of "fixing" the Clans.

I'm still a fan of the art department (specially Alex Iglesias art) but this game is completely spinning out of control.

EDIT:

In short, I'm very disappointed with the PGI's inability to hear feedback and their recent defensive position (we, the core players, became the enemy).

MWO's for me is like that cheating hot ex-girlfriend. You might take a "ride" for the good old days, but you are looking to marry someone else.

Edited by Odanan, 07 October 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#5356 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

aww come on... :|

#5357 tib3r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

It's honestly still a fun game, as long as you can get in there and turn some enemy mech into scrap it will always be fun.

oh, and for the light mechs, the urbie and the mongoose. Forget the fire starter.

#5358 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostOdanan, on 07 October 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

stuff

while I can certainly sympathize, and agree with many of your points, objectively, from the pure gameplay perspective, at least since the Launch parches, it is the still the best playing MW title yet. It has warts, and needs a LOT of content, but playwise, it's pretty dang solid.

Does it replace MW2 Mercs in my eyes? No. Mercs had a way better story and such. (Well, just having a story at all is a start). But if I am being honest and objective, and pop MW2, 3 or 4 in, then get on and scrap some mechs here, this pretty much destroys the others.

So, dislike what I might, and want some changes still I do, but in all, it certainly beats any alternatives, IMO.

#5359 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 October 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

while I can certainly sympathize, and agree with many of your points, objectively, from the pure gameplay perspective, at least since the Launch parches, it is the still the best playing MW title yet. It has warts, and needs a LOT of content, but playwise, it's pretty dang solid.

Does it replace MW2 Mercs in my eyes? No. Mercs had a way better story and such. (Well, just having a story at all is a start). But if I am being honest and objective, and pop MW2, 3 or 4 in, then get on and scrap some mechs here, this pretty much destroys the others.

So, dislike what I might, and want some changes still I do, but in all, it certainly beats any alternatives, IMO.

It beats the alternatives, but really needs content (more maps and game modes). The new map is very good, but not enough to make me resume playing.

PS: MW2:M is the best in the MW series. If it was possible to remake it with the MWO graphics, hardpoint and combat systems,it would be the best game ever.

#5360 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 October 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Word.

And now back onto the next announcement. The Phoenix mechs will cover any mech release this month, and December also, but what about November? Are we in for a feast-and-famine approach here? Nothing until after the PP mechs are public?

What shall it be?

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook