• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:37 AM

View PostCK16, on 16 June 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

Mostly only on you outdated IS designs Posted Image

no, t-rex armed TBRs and HBRs and EBJ are pretty nauseating, too.

#13602 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:52 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 June 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

And of course, the Hunchback IIC design I mentioned above. I weep a bit when I see a Hunch IIC with 2 ultra 10s in one side torso.

I'll say this about my EBJs...Each one has some equipment in the arms. It just seems weird if these huge arms protrude with nothing in them.

#13603 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 June 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

Ummmm *looks over at the Marauder and Warhammer*

Sure about that there? :P

Edited by CK16, 16 June 2016 - 07:54 AM.

#13604 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:58 AM

View PostCK16, on 16 June 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

Ummmm *looks over at the Marauder and Warhammer*

Sure about that there? :P

Really, you could say almost every mech had been equipped like that by one player or another. It isn't like one faction is more guilty of it than the other.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 16 June 2016 - 07:58 AM.

#13605 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:11 AM

True, I was just giving him crap lol. I like my Clan loadouts being balanced on each side and yea, no weapons in the arms just feels....wrong lol....

But kinda back to what I was wondering what do you guys see as the main meta/popular Mk II builds. I don't have access to a spread sheet atm to build it but maxing armor, optimal engine ect.

Metus I know you think it's not optimized for 90and should be 85, but as some have pointed out in the Huntsman, every mech has its flaws in some sort, and none are fully optimized. Lol

#13606 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:30 AM

View PostCK16, on 16 June 2016 - 08:11 AM, said:

True, I was just giving him crap lol. I like my Clan loadouts being balanced on each side and yea, no weapons in the arms just feels....wrong lol....

But kinda back to what I was wondering what do you guys see as the main meta/popular Mk II builds. I don't have access to a spread sheet atm to build it but maxing armor, optimal engine ect.

Metus I know you think it's not optimized for 90and should be 85, but as some have pointed out in the Huntsman, every mech has its flaws in some sort, and none are fully optimized. Lol

My issue with the Mk. II, was it's JJ's, it's just over the line where they are 2t rather than 1t... Also, not a fan of it as it was first created for MW4, then the clicks game, then they ported it over to CBT. I'd have little issue with it, if it didn't shoulder the name it does, while having little to do, aside from the rough shape, with the original. Hell they could've called it the Twilight Sparkle for all I care. But if it is going to shoulder the name "Mad Cat" it better damn well be an optimized omni-mech, just like the original was.... hell even the Mk. IV is hot garbage compared to the original... they 'improved' it by giving it an XXL to help with speed problems the original apparently had with keeping up with star-mates, never-mind the fact that it still mounts the 375 series that the original mounted....

And when I say optimized, I mean around 2/3rds (read 30-36%) of the mech's weight be devoted to armour, structure and required equipment with the remainder left over for for weapons and optional equipment.

#13607 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:35 AM

Well I think the MK II is what about 50%? 45 tons open to weapons and JJ is still a lot to work with. Look at the Kodiak some can't fill it all out lol to much tonnage o.O

#13608 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:43 AM

View PostCK16, on 16 June 2016 - 08:35 AM, said:

Well I think the MK II is what about 50%? 45 tons open to weapons and JJ is still a lot to work with. Look at the Kodiak some can't fill it all out lol to much tonnage o.O

39t free, at the stock 2t under max armour 43% weapons payload. The thing is, at 85t it actually has 39.5t (46%) for weapons and equipment with efficient max armour (13.5t, as 14t has you with .3t of wasted armour points). 5t lighter means you have more free space for the same speed, same jumping ability and slightly better armour...

#13609 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:56 AM

39t with the JJ's though. That would be 45 tons with out JJ-s (2 tons each) also those 2 ton JJ'S would be fine if they gave double the thrust of the single ton ones.

So given its 2 tons short of armor that is 43 tons, still not bad to work with.

Edited by CK16, 16 June 2016 - 08:57 AM.

#13610 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:56 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 June 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

39t free, at the stock 2t under max armour 43% weapons payload. The thing is, at 85t it actually has 39.5t (46%) for weapons and equipment with efficient max armour (13.5t, as 14t has you with .3t of wasted armour points). 5t lighter means you have more free space for the same speed, same jumping ability and slightly better armour...

85 tons also gives 1 ton jumpjets (instead of 2 tons in 90+ tons).

85 tons is one of those sweet spots of weight for mechs.

#13611 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:08 AM

Does anyone else think the whole "jump from 1 ton to 2 tons per JJ" is a load of hogwash? Really, when a Mech goes from 85 to 90 tons, there is no need to double the weight of your jump juts unless you intend on mounting half as many to get the same effect.

Class Systems hurt everybody.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 16 June 2016 - 09:08 AM.

#13612 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:20 AM

Totally agree, you would think if they are twice the weight they would give twice the performance of the lighter onces, atleast in JJ terms.

Also Metus I don't argue it would be nice that way, but I think we both and most in here agree the Mk II is not a pile of crap either. Easily up there as one of the better Clan Assualts.

- Would be 2nd fastest Clan Assualt (behind Mr.Gargles.)
- Has tonnage to work with allowing fairly decent loadouts with heavier weapons (43 free tonnage with stock engine and maxed armor)

IMO it would be close to a Warhawk in how useful it is, if not more. For. FW it might be a slightly better choice in the drop deck then the Kodiak depending on the map ect for the extra 10 tons.

Personally I like it and hope it comes before the Blood Asp. The issue is though, does the Blood Asp beat it out right? Omni as we have seen is a blessing and a curse. Though the BASP will apeal to meta lords, well if it were to drop today before Power draw. Power draw could change alot of what we think is meta (more "lasors")

#13613 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:34 AM

View PostCK16, on 16 June 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

Totally agree, you would think if they are twice the weight they would give twice the performance of the lighter onces, atleast in JJ terms.

Also Metus I don't argue it would be nice that way, but I think we both and most in here agree the Mk II is not a pile of crap either. Easily up there as one of the better Clan Assualts.

- Has tonnage to work with allowing fairly decent loadouts with heavier weapons (43 free tonnage with stock engine and maxed armor)

IMO it would be close to a Warhawk in how useful it is, if not more. For. FW it might be a slightly better choice in the drop deck then the Kodiak depending on the map ect for the extra 10 tons.

Personally I like it and hope it comes before the Blood Asp. The issue is though, does the Blood Asp beat it out right? Omni as we have seen is a blessing and a curse. Though the BASP will apeal to meta lords, well if it were to drop today before Power draw. Power draw could change alot of what we think is meta (more "lasors")

Considering the timeline, the Blood Asp should come first.
But don't worry, the customization of the Mad Cat MKII, not to mention the looks and the fan base, are enough to make it stand out.

#13614 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:00 AM

View PostCK16, on 16 June 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

Never called the MK. II a pile of crap, I called the Mk IV hot garbage. Do I think the Mk. II could be better? Yes, yes I do. Do I think it's bad? Nope, I just think that Mad Cat Mk.II-Mk.IV have a lot to live up to due to the name.

I'd have little problems with the Mk.II if it was an Omni-mech showing the peddagree of the Timber Wolf, if it was an Omni, I'd be totaly cool with it, Same goes for the Mk. III. The Mk.IV is just hot garbage, I can't really think of a way to save it, FL armour is good, but an XXL is just bad... 4 engine cirts in each ST for the cXXL, extra heat for movement (2/4/6 standing/walking/running, double JJ heat up to 6 points), and the Mk.IV prime has a BV of 3700, while the Timber Wolf Delta has 3701 with the same weapons payload.... Yea... the Mk.IV is just a case of why?

#13615 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:01 AM

View PostOdanan, on 16 June 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

Considering the timeline, the Blood Asp should come first.
But don't worry, the customization of the Mad Cat MKII, not to mention the looks and the fan base, are enough to make it stand out.

Only by about a year though! But you are right, just depends what they want.....Russ seems to like Clan Omni's more so guessing Nova Cat and Blood Asp would be first ones out...hopefully Mk II not to far behind though....I am getting giddy though, every mech announced is closer but yea I know a few more to go but stil.... >.< excitement grows!

#13616 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:22 PM

Does anyone else think the whole "jump from 1 ton to 2 tons per JJ" is a load of hogwash? Really, when a Mech goes from 85 to 90 tons, there is no need to double the weight of your jump juts unless you intend on mounting half as many to get the same effect.

What most people don't realize is that it's along the same lines as engine efficiency and it's actually not arbitrary at all.

For example, 85 tonners are also where capacity plateaus on 4/6 speeds- that is, at 90 tons you start losing useful tonnage rather than gaining it because engine weight to rating gets bad enough that tacking more tonnage to the base chassis doesn't help. There's a similar point at 5/8 speeds for 55 tonners, which is why 60 tonners are usually in a bad way. Note that's also where JJ weights increase (20-55 .5 ton, 60-85 1.0 ton, 90-100 2.0 ton).

#13617 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:51 PM

Just a side note, honestly, why cant the Lasers in the game look like this:

View PostOvion, on 16 June 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

All Energy weapons. (These are a bit more boring imo, not as much variety among laser barrels.)
Posted Image
Spoiler
It wouldn't exactly be that hard, would give the weapons a bit more distinctness, and closer match the source material.

Instead of every energy weapon bar PPC's and Flamers looking identical....

#13618 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

View PostOvion, on 16 June 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

Just a side note, honestly, why cant the Lasers in the game look like this:
It wouldn't exactly be that hard, would give the weapons a bit more distinctness, and closer match the source material.

Instead of every energy weapon bar PPC's and Flamers looking identical....

Some of em used to have barrels, like my RVN-4X back in the day. (Back when 97 kph could be considered fast)

#13619 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:06 PM

View PostRed Shrike, on 16 June 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

Some of em used to have barrels, like my RVN-4X back in the day. (Back when 97 kph could be considered fast)
Yup, a small number of older mechs had the 'appropriate' barrels.

But considering Energy Weapons are the easiest / laziest weapon to make, the fact that they all use a single model is a little boggling.

#13620 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:45 AM

You know... I do wonder if Russ will announce another mech tonight or not....considering we JUST got the Huntsman would seem odd to release one so close but, eh (Linebacker < Huntsman anyway)

Also really wanting to hear how many apples Russ is willing to pluck from the current barrel. Or atleast how many he feels comfortable with picking out.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook