#18101 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:59 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 06 December 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

Some theory floating out there that it is a Locust IIC.

Nope, it looks like a humanoid. Wasp it is!!! (or just a Spider)

I told you it could be the Project Phoenix II!!! (makes sense because of MW5's era)

View PostSereglach, on 06 December 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

MechCon Merchandise preview:
https://mwomercs.com...77#entry5966377

One can certainly gleam that the partially censored shirt is a to-be-announced mech. I daresay I could glimmer a "hope" from what is shown that it's a Crusader. I guess we'll have to see . . . but it certainly isn't a mech that we currently have.

Crusader, definitely!!!!
Posted Image
Look the missiles in the arms!! at least 12 in each (Crusader has LRM15s).

Edited by Odanan, 06 December 2017 - 06:03 PM.

#18102 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:49 PM

Did a little digging and the crusader's original hero mech Crael, mentioned on sarna has 4 high mounted srm6's

This is straight from sarna;

"CDR-3R Crael...Used by "Crusading Crael", the reigning champion of the DeathRain Arena in Port Krin on Antallos in 3057, this heavily modified Crusader had huge spikes protruding from its chest and shoulders; the latter served to conceal missile launchers and fall off as soon as the shoulder-mounted SRMs were fired for the first time.The shoulder-mounted LRM-15 launchers of the original were replaced with two more SRM-6 racks (mounted in the side torso sections) to boost short-range firepower over the LRM's long range that was less useful in arena combat, and maximized the infighter capabilities by installing Claws on each arm"

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Crusader

#18103 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

@Skyraider: I really doubt it is Crael. The art and text describes only one set of torso SRM6 where as the mystery art shows 12 tubes per arm.

Its possible the feet launchers would move into the lower torso but I really doubt both launchers would be displayed as arm mounted. If any thing this geometry follows the precedent set by the Archer. The shoulder geometry on the Archer was a result of a second missile in the arm not torso.

I have no idea what this mech is.

Edited by Spheroid, 06 December 2017 - 08:24 PM.

#18104 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:19 PM

Here are my criticisms of the hero Crusader theory from another thread:

View PostFupDup, on 06 December 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

While a good find, there are a few issues against it:

1. The camo in the picture is clearly the generic color. A hero mech is not going to ship with a completely plain color set.

2. Speaking of which, PGI never posts concept art of unique hero loadouts. They only post concepts of the "Prime" standard variant weapon loadout and then recolor it for hero and collector variants.

3. If you look really close at the teaser you can see two thin gun barrels on the far left side (and no hand actuator that Crusaders have).

View Postkuma8877, on 06 December 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Tried to clean it up even more. There clearly are two gun barrels on that right arm...

4. That style of shoulder doesn't look like it match up with the big burly humanoid arms that a Crusader would be expected to have.

Edited by FupDup, 06 December 2017 - 08:20 PM.

#18105 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

I got leaked info that it's PGIs first new exclusive original clan 60 ton mech, the Russleman IIC. The picture is the hero variant called "Top Priority". Pre-order the mech and you will get an exclusive war horn that screams "PGI PLEASE NERF!" Posted Image

#18106 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

I'm counting on info regarding VR and improved HOTAS/Joystick compatibility starting in MW5 that will make its way to MWO. That and a surprise announcement regarding a clan medium pack with the Phantom, Pouncer, and Mongrel all being released in the same month :P

#18107 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 06 December 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

I got leaked info that it's PGIs first new exclusive original clan 60 ton mech, the Russleman IIC. The picture is the hero variant called "Top Priority". Pre-order the mech and you will get an exclusive war horn that screams "PGI PLEASE NERF!" Posted Image

Russ' hero mech would be called The Islander.

#18108 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:45 PM

Looks like a Crusader to me.

#18109 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

Another thought comes to mind if it isn't the crusader, what if it's another pgi original mech design?

#18110 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:34 PM

View Post-Skyrider-, on 06 December 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

Another thought comes to mind if it isn't the crusader, what if it's another pgi original mech design?

I don't know that it was quite well-received enough that they want to do it again, but who knows?

#18111 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:41 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 December 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

Here are my criticisms of the hero Crusader theory from another thread:

While I wouldn't go out to call it the hero Crusader, I'd say it's likely a Crusader. It's worth noting that this is going to be PGI's take on the mech, and facets of physical appearance need to change from the original Unseen version to create their own mech (something they've been doing a solid job of).

- Ditching missile doors on the arms to go for a more "Project Phoenix" shoulder setup wouldn't be a surprise at all (let alone PGI probably thinking of 10% damage reduction "abuse" of closed missile door arms for shielding purposes).

- It's very likely that arm mounted weapons would come flush or ahead of the hands (think Wolverine or Battlemaster gun arm); and this framing would mean that the hand actuators are currently censored out of the image.

- The Cyclops-esque cockpit with singular antenna are iconic of the design, which are still present, but still somewhat altered.

- While true to some renditions of the Crusader, the "Phoenix Hawk Jet-pack" wraps up around the shoulders and provides them more overall bulk. This could come down the back into the expected jump jet exhaust ports.

- At the same time, the head we see is quite forward-setting, which could entail that the bulk of the body is nowhere to be seen in the image. In addition to this, PGI might be "slimming down" the design some for scale and design purposes . . . so it might not be quite as burly as other depictions. It could be either, neither, or both.

View PostCK16, on 06 December 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

The other jumping is a possible 2nd mech. hmmm But yea the one on Tina's shirt is a Crusader I bet money on it.

the 2nd on Alex's Chest, def looks like a Stinger/Wasp.

Not going to lie, I was focused enough on the forcibly censored design of the apparent Crusader to even pay attention to the other shirt. I'd agree that it looks like a Wasp.

The legs -to scale- are a bit thicker than a Spider's, based on the silhouette (and if the mech is more evenly proportioned and less lanky, it's going to make for a TINY 20t mech). Also, if it were a 5K we'd see an MG barrel sticking out of the left arm. Not to mention the legs and torso aren't even set in the iconic Spider pose as seen in the concept/promo art and the in-game statue. Given the offset position of the antenna I'd say it's the Wasp, since the Stinger's is centered.

View Post-Skyrider-, on 06 December 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

While Alex does good artwork, I honestly shudder at the thought. The Roughneck was semi meta-built with specifically created high hardpoints all around and particularly favorable torso mounts. However, seemingly because of this it received mediocre quirks and had to compete in tonnage with the already favorable Thunderbolt.

Therefore, I think regardless of whatever Alex makes, PGI would make it more mediocre or sub-par then it'd need to be. Besides, there are still lots of classics and new chassis to make; and MW5 to think about supplying with more 3rd-4th Succession Wars mechs.

#18112 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

Honestly, to me, this looks like some flavour of Spider or something to me.
Posted Image

I don't know of any stinger/wasp variant (unseen, reseen, remake, etc) that had 'shoulder wings'

#18113 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:38 PM

Usually Alex tries to at least keep the distinctive shape of the original designs, but that looks more like a Stealth than a Crusader... but whatever.

If it indeed is a Crusader I'm not too thrilled. Another IS heavy missile boat. Roles that the Catapult and Archer can already do plenty of. I guess they moved the SRMs to the arms then as the original had them leg mounted. The arms as Alex designed them would make excellent shields if not every single weapon system being arm mounted... But hey, at least we get MG ROF quirks for granted!

If it's really Paul that took the photo be sure, if there was a new mech on the green shirt it would at least be partially censored.

#18114 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:58 AM

I does remind me of a Crusader from some fan art i've seen a million years ago.
Posted Image

#18115 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

View PostOvion, on 06 December 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

Honestly, to me, this looks like some flavour of Spider or something to me.

I don't know of any stinger/wasp variant (unseen, reseen, remake, etc) that had 'shoulder wings'

If it is just a Spider (quite possible) then it has some really fat legs and/or oddly positioned perspective/artwork.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 07 December 2017 - 12:58 AM, said:

Well, as seen when Alex showed making the concept art for the King Crab, he pulls up every bit of reference art he can get his hands on. That includes fan art (I think even some of his own fan art was in the King Crab concept references). You can certainly see some of this in the design shown as well as a lot of more classical references. Hell, if you take some of these fan art images and slap MWO Project Phoenix shoulders on it and you essentially have what little we can see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regardless, just a few more days and we'll know what all of the fuss and "big announcements" are. I just hope they're not trying to over-hype things to such an extreme and give us another Roughneck announcement. This year they've at least dropped some communications, over the last 6 months, to tell us a bare minimum of some of the things they're working on and will be previewed. It's at least helping temper expectations . . . but they're still doing their best to hype some "big things".

#18116 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

So, I saw a rumor on Reddit that somebody on the Masters Challenge Twitchcast the other night said it would be a 90-tonner.

In a spirit of reckless speculation based on minimal viable confirmatory evidence ...

Yu Huang, anyone?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Yu_Huang

#18117 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 07 December 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

So, I saw a rumor on Reddit that somebody on the Masters Challenge Twitchcast the other night said it would be a 90-tonner.

In a spirit of reckless speculation based on minimal viable confirmatory evidence ...

Yu Huang, anyone?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Yu_Huang

Nope. Yu Huang has launcher is the torsos, not in the arms.

And that guy has no idea of what his is talking about.

#18118 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

View PostOdanan, on 07 December 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Nope. Yu Huang has launcher is the torsos, not in the arms.

And that guy has no idea of what his is talking about.

*Ahem*

Reckless speculation.

#18119 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:01 AM

View PostCK16, on 06 December 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

As nice as that would be I do not think so,

10 missile tubes each shoulder (6 upper 4 lower) could either be 1 LRM 10 up there or a SRM 6 with a SRM 4.

but the image shows 12 missile tubes and no noticeable backpack. Plus Crusader packs it's missiles int the forearms. So I have to say if this is a Crusader it has nothing in common with any existing artwork of it.

Also, recall last year we got the Roughneck, essentially an all new design. *shrugs*

Lastly, I can almos tguarantee that will be a flagship mech for MW5, as a premiere 3025 Unseen. Releasing a Crusader NOW, a year before the game dips into the *Sizzle* potential of MW5 and actually would not be ideal for pack sales, being that the current buzz is Civil War tech. I would say look TRO 3058-3067, if it's not a new in house design.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 08 December 2017 - 08:05 AM.

#18120 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 07 December 2017 - 12:58 AM, said:

a pity that looks well, nothing like a Crusader.

Prediction sure to be wrong?

Posted Image

Of course.. having a PendDragon sans Templars? Might be odd. But the geometry is similar. (Other than that I'd say it's absolutely unlikely)

I would think though that maybe it is the Templar? I see much more of that than I do a Cursader, Locust IIC or the like.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 08 December 2017 - 08:20 AM.

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users