ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 08 December 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

None of the Reseen Crusaders have the "pylons'', it's only the Unseen one that has them.

the reseen also have their missile in the forearms, NOT the shoulders. And the head is still BETWEEN the shoulders, not pushed forward as the image shows.

#18142 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 December 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

the reseen also have their missile in the forearms, NOT the shoulders. And the head is still BETWEEN the shoulders, not pushed forward as the image shows.

Alex coulda mixed both the Unseens and Reseens into it, you don't know Posted Image
About the head, well, the Cyclops is supposed to have a neck, but (THANKFULLY) it doesn't have it here

Now, as i said, i'm personally not convinced that it's the Crusader (i'm leaning towards another PGI-original), but i feel if it is NOT an original mech, Crusader is the most likely one, in my opinion.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 08 December 2017 - 10:42 AM.

#18143 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

View PostOdanan, on 08 December 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

We see 11 (maybe 12) missiles, but there could be more. Nothing guarantees those are SRMs. It could be LRM-15s.

About the double barreled arm, the image is not clear on that. There could be a hand actuator somewhere.

If it's not a Crusader (or the Templar E), it's probably another PGI own desing. Posted Image

Well, I guess we will find out soon.

Could be more, but I'm looking at the image on a 40" HD screen, it certainly has at least 12 missiles. It would be highly unusual for the LRMs to take up THAT much real estate. So I have to put this up there as a MkII scenario.. you got the FanGoggles on obscuring what we actualyl do have visible. Could there be a hand? Anything is possible, but it would not be on anything remotely resembling a humanoid/Crusader forearm.

There is literally not one inch of the visible geometry close to any official art of the Crusader. Could they be doing an Homage to Shortpainter's Crusader? Anything is possible, though why they would is a matter of much headscratching as that has never really been held up as a fan favorite, not like the ShimRauder, etc.

#18144 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 December 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
twin gun barrels near the waste? Good thing no templars have those.... Posted Image

Templar doesn't have arm missiles like the tshirt.

#18145 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

View PostOdanan, on 08 December 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

This sketch over the original art is completely misleading.

Yeah I just copy pasted the sketch over from another thread. I definitely do see something around the waist area on the right side that indicates that it is apart of the mech though.

#18146 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 08 December 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

Alex coulda mixed both the Unseens and Reseens into it, you don't know Posted Image

About the head, well, the Cyclops is supposed to have a neck, but (THANKFULLY) it doesn't have it here

Now, as i said, i'm personally not convinced that it's the Crusader (i'm leaning towards another PGI-original)

Much bigger geometric difference than neck of no neck. The "head" structure in the image is very forward of the center of mass (or the shoulders are massively behind)
That "Head" structure is literally, and clearly, doing this
Posted Image

a position much closer to a Templar. Yes, I know, Templar have big Dome canopies.... so did the Battlemaster. *shrug* I'm not convinced it's a Templar either, but the geometry extant is closer to a Pendragon than any form of Crusader EVER penned. And that is actually the closest silhouette I could find for ANY medium to Assault weight mech (which by proportions and armament weight, I think is a relatively safe guess to exclude Lights).

Mind you I don't think it's a Pendragon.. the date is waaaaaay wrong. And I doubt It's a Templar. But it details we do have hold far more in common with those than a Crusader.

View PostTheArisen, on 08 December 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

Templar doesn't have arm missiles like the tshirt.

Templar is an Omni. We don't know how all the stock loadouts look, let alone the Piranha house. That said, I tend to agree it likely is not a Templar. I am making the point that it is far more likely one due to an abundant number of sound reasons, than a Crusader.

And hey...PGI. Yes, they could say "it's a Crusader" and I'm dead wrong. But it will look nothing liek any crusader ever made before and as such, I would not expect it to be well received unless it turned into a MetaGod.

We've never seen that far of a deviation from Alex yet, I see no reason, other than wishful thinking, to expect them to do so now.

#18147 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:56 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 December 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

We've never seen that far of a deviation from Alex yet, I see no reason, other than wishful thinking, to expect them to do so now.

Eh... Even if it is a Crusader, i don't think it'd be further from the original material than the Quickdraw. Literally the only thing that matches on the Quickdraw is the left torso missile hardpoint and the goofy antennas (the legs and arms being the worst offenders in my opinion).
Which is a huge shame, because Alex had done a REALLY good Quickdraw earlier that also was really on-point with the original artwork.
Posted Image

#18148 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:58 AM

Posted Image

and being apparently the only person who knows how to use GIMP... a little contrast tweaking and VOILA! A very NON Crusader cockpit.

And sorry Juodas, but the Quickdraw is still recognizable, no matter how bad it is.

Posted Image

in fact at this point, I am going to say it's mostly like a Walker Pod of some sort.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 08 December 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#18149 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 December 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

Much bigger geometric difference than neck of no neck. The "head" structure in the image is very forward of the center of mass (or the shoulders are massively behind)

Unless... that's not the head, but the side torso's SRM launcher opened? (I know, that's very far fetched)

#18150 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 December 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

and being apparently the only person who knows how to use GIMP... a little contrast tweaking and VOILA! A very NON Crusader cockpit.

And sorry Juodas, but the Quickdraw is still recognizable, no matter how bad it is.

Looks pretty close to the way the miniature looks (and also the Reseen Crusaders with their Domefaces)
Posted Image

#18151 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

View PostOdanan, on 08 December 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

Unless... that's not the head, but the side torso's SRM launcher opened? (I know, that's very far fetched)

You can clearly see on any decent size screen the usual "Canopy Orange" that Alex favors for IS mechs. That is 100% the top edge of the cockpit.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 08 December 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

Looks pretty close to the way the miniature looks (and also the Reseen Crusaders with their Domefaces)
Posted Image

If the arms on the miniature came out of the Backpack, you'd be right. that head is MASSIVELY forward the arms.

Seriously. Ya'll are getting as bad as Impy about the mkII, or Hilary Supporters Nov12th. *SMH*

#18152 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:07 AM

I'm with Bishop on this one. I don't think it's the Crusader as much as I want it to be. It doesn't have the iconic backpack vent port thing and I see barrels where the hands should be. Prove me wrong PGI, since I think the Crusader would give me some hope for 2018's line up of mechs.

#18153 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 December 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

You can clearly see on any decent size screen the usual "Canopy Orange" that Alex favors for IS mechs. That is 100% the top edge of the cockpit.

If the arms on the miniature came out of the Backpack, you'd be right. that head is MASSIVELY forward the arms.

Seriously. Ya'll are getting as bad as Impy about the mkII, or Hilary Supporters Nov12th. *SMH*

That's just rude!
I'm not even that big of a fan of the Crusader!

If i was being like impy, i'd be claiming that it looks like the Scorpion or something, smh.

#18154 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 08 December 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

I'm with Bishop on this one. I don't think it's the Crusader as much as I want it to be. It doesn't have the iconic backpack vent port thing and I see barrels where the hands should be. Prove me wrong PGI, since I think the Crusader would give me some hope for 2018's line up of mechs.

HG Lawsuit NOT settled.
MW5 set in 3015.

Not going to see a Crusader before that. All the other Unseen were done Pre-Lawsuit. ALL of them.

1) It's not a given yet that the Lawsuit is going to be in Battletech's favor.
2) preemptively putting out product in contention would actually potentially HURT their legal case.
3) PGI is riding the Civil War "New Tech" Wave.
4) It would remove a major sizzle factor machine from the MW5 release. MW5 needs all the sizzle it can get.
5) When MW5 DOES launch, then it will return focus to Classic Battletech Designs. hence sales would be most likely higher... of both the pack AND MW5, should the remaining Unseen be reserved for it (and other 3025 designs).

And all that is before one actually studies the image.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 08 December 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

That's just rude!
I'm not even that big of a fan of the Crusader!

If i was being like impy, i'd be claiming that it looks like the Scorpion or something, smh.

Chief, I'm not trying to be rude. I am trying to point out that ya'll are putting a massive amount of effort to cram a square peg into a demonstrably round hole, and providing precious little evidence to remotely counter the shape of the peg.

Seriously... the Crusader is about the last heavy mech left I want. And I want it BAD. But this ain't a Crusader.

#18155 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:20 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 December 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

in fact at this point, I am going to say it's mostly like a Walker Pod of some sort.

Oh, now I see the head.

Still looks like a Crusader.

:P

#18156 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:22 AM

View PostOdanan, on 08 December 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Oh, now I see the head.

Still looks like a Crusader.

Posted Image

Posted Image

sure.

#18157 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

Wouldn't the Crusader have bay doors for the shoulder missiles?
I personally don't see any specific Mech in that image ... yet.

#18158 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 08 December 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Wouldn't the Crusader have bay doors for the shoulder missiles?
I personally don't see any specific Mech in that image ... yet.

They have dropped missile covers before. But even Odanan's point about the "Main" variant being the concept art.... that doesn't fit the way hardpoints have been modeled yet. That is pretty obviously 2 separate hardpoints being shown.. which doesn't fit any model of Crusader I am aware of and especially not the 3R.

That said, after I enhanced the image, I fully agree.. what I see doesn't fit any specific machine I can think of. Possibly a 3075 or later era mech but that seems unlikely.

They also went with splash last year... I can't see them releasing "just another" or a humdrum mech for MechCon.

So I'm leaning more toward another PGI mech... and what I do see makes me think chicken walker.

#18159 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 December 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

That is pretty obviously 2 separate hardpoints being shown..

Not necessarily, dude.
Just look at the other recently shown mech. Black Lanner. The left torso LRM 10 looks more like an SRM6 + SRM 4 (as you can see an SRM 6 on the right torso)
Posted Image
But i'll say again, i think it's more likely to be a PGI-original than the Crusader.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 08 December 2017 - 11:35 AM.

#18160 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:43 AM

I guess we find out tomorrow

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users