• 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:41 AM

Please note this is a work in progress!

Sources:

Sarna.net

MWO Single/Co-op Campaign layout.

Expansion One

3049: Clans invade the Periphery, contact established with the Clans, Operation Revival takes place

3050: Clans invade Inner Sphere, Clan Invasion of Draconis Combine begins, Anastasius Focht appointed ambassador to theClans, Battle of Wolcott occurs, Leo Showers killed

3051: Ulric Kerensky elected ilKhan, Garth Radick and Natasha Kerensky elected Khan and saKhan of Clan Wolf, Operation Revival resumes, Clan Nova Cat, Clan Steel Viper and Clan Diamond Shark added to invasion force

3052: Battle of Luthien, Battle of Tukayyid, Wolf Khan Garth Radick killed on Tukayyid, Natasha Kerensky elected Khan of Clan Wolf, Phelan Ward elected saKhan of Clan Wolf, both Clan Ghost Bear Khans killed on Tukayyid, Clan Smoke JaguarKhan Lincoln Osis believed killed on Tukayyid but is later rescued, Demona Aziz rebels and forms the Word of Blake. New service contracts signed with each House but Marik, Free Worlds League signs HPG service contract with Word of Blake,Hanse Davion dies, Myndo Waterly assassinated, Operation Scorpion takes place, Romano Liao assassinated, Sharilar Morinamed Primus of ComStar, Sun-Tzu Liao betrothed to Isis Marik, Sun-Tzu Liao named Chancellor, Thomas Marik named Primus-in-Exile of Word of Blake, Word of Blake signs contract with House Marik

3053: ComStar begins announcing troop movements, Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission replaces Mercenary Review Board, Terran Peace Summit takes place, University of Blake begins construction

3054: Takashi Kurita commits seppuku, Theodore Kurita named Coordinator

3055: Melissa Steiner-Davion assassinated

Expansion Two

3056: Archon-Prince Victor Steiner-Davion takes command of Federated Commonwealth, Federated Commonwealthofficially created, Ryan Steiner assassinated

3057: Capellan Confederation and Free Worlds League invade Federated Commonwealth, ComStar opens vaults of history to public access, Isis Marik moves to Sian, Joshua Marik dies and is replaced with a double, Katrina Steiner named Archon ofLyran Alliance, Lyran Alliance formed, Refusal War between Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Wolf

3058: Black Dragon Society and others attempt to assassinate Theodore Kurita, Cameron St. Jamais named head of Toyama Sect, Draconis Combine forces installed as peacekeepers in Chaos March, Invasion of Coventry, Sun-Tzu Liao kills Demona Aziz, The Word of Blake takes Terra, Thomas Marik discovered to be a double. First Whitting Conference results in founding of Second Star League, with Sun-Tzu Liao as First Lord. ilKhan Ulric Kerensky deposed and later killed, Smoke Jaguar Lincoln Osis elected ilKhan, Natasha Kerensky killed on Twycross by Jade Falcon MechWarrior Joanna, Clan Wolf loses Refusal War,Crusader faction Wolf remnants become Clan Jade Wolf, Warden faction Wolf forces leave with saKhan Phelan Ward for theKell Hound capital world of Arc-Royal, Warden Wolves become Clan Wolf-in-Exile, Phelan Ward reverts to his original name of Phelan Kell and is elected Khan of the Wolves-in-Exile, Vlad Ward kills Jade Falcon Khans Vandervahn Chistu and Elias Crichell, Ward renames Jade Wolves as the new Clan Wolf and is elected their Khan, Marthe Pryde elected Khan of Clan Jade Falcon.

3059: Clan Burrock absorbed by Star Adders, Harvest Trials among the Clans. Star League launches Task Force Serpent andOperation Bulldog against Clan Smoke Jaguar. Clan Nova Cat declares their allegiance for the Star League. Smoke Jaguars forces in the the Inner Sphere flee to the Homeworlds. Clan Ghost Bear begins relocating their population and assets to the Inner Sphere.

3060: Morgan Hasek-Davion murdered. Task Force Serpent assaults Smoke Jaguar homeworld of Huntress, Smoke Jaguars annihilated, Great Refusal ends the Clan invasion, Star League embassy set up on Strana Mechty, Nova Cats are Abjured and attacked by other Clans and forced to flee Homeworlds to settle in the Draconis Combine, Diana Pryde wins her Bloodname, Katherine Steiner-Davion assumes regency of Federated Sun,Capellan-St. Ives Civil War begins

Expansion Three

3061: Star League forces return to Inner Sphere, War between Jade Falcons and Steel Vipers results in Vipers abandoning their Inner Sphere possessions, Word of Blake's Precentor Martial Trent Arian assassinated & Cameron St. Jamais succeeds him, Jeffrey Calderon killed on Detroit, Grover Shraplen becomes Protector of the Taurian Concordat, Second Whitting Conference held on Tharkad, Theodore Kurita elected First Lord, Victor Steiner-Davion joins ComStar as Precentor Martial.

3062: Trinity Alliance formed. Riots on Solaris VII, First Babylon Diet, Ghost Bear/Combine War begins, Arthur Steiner-Davionkilled, Victor calls for war to depose his sister, FedCom Civil War begins, Draconis March forces invades Combine.

3063: Marian Hegemony conquers Illyrian Palatinate, Julius O'Reilly becomes Caesar, Kristen Marik dies, Capellan-St. Ives Civil War ends with the annexation of the latter, End of Ghost Bear/Combine War ends.

3066: Word of Blake Protectorate is formed, Ceasefire between Draconis March and Combine, Formation of Fronc Reachesand Calderon Protectorate, Fighting continues in the former Federated Commonwealth, including battles on Tikonov,Tharkad and New Avalon.

NPC Units

Infantry
Aircraft
Tanks
Battlearmors
Battlemechs
Turrets
Dropships

Maps & Planets

N/A - will be updated as this thread evolves

Campaign and Mission Philosophy

The way missions will work out is there is an IS side and a clan side and you will choose the side you want to play the mission will be the same mission but in a different perspective. Also you will have two ways to play the end of each mission and a total of 4/8 playthroughs to complete all the content let me explain.

Two ways to end the match: First way is to be a pilot that plays though these major lore battles and completes a set of objectives. Once the set of objectives are complete if the side you are playing on is to be wiped out according to lore, as in losing the battle. Then the commander will come over the radio and tell you that your unit has a drop-ship in route to pick up the unit for Repair and Rearm. You will then be given a countdown of 5 min or so (time for the mech to make it back to the drop-ship to be picked up) option to accept if you choose not to get on the dropship it will leave you and you will still "complete" the mission but you will be rushed by unlimited number of mechs from IS/Clan till you die thus living out the lore or living and not dieing by choice. If you get on the dropship you will get a little audio snippet that explains that on your way back to the base your unit lost the fight as pertains to lore.
4/8(IS,Clan) Playthroughs:

Light - You will play as a scout, locking targets using "R", UAV, NARC, Laser Lock, etc. The NPC's will die if you do not do this. Of course you can still kill mechs and fight, but it will be A LOT harder to complete the mission if your NPC's aren't given your assistance. You will also be using the command wheel to create a kill order for your NPC unit.

Medium - You will provide backup and finish off targets that get away from your Heavy and Assaults. Your light mech NPC's will provide locks, location data, UAV's support etc to help you choose where your help is needed on the field

Heavy - DESTROY the enemy team use all the information gathered by the light and mediums to mow though the battle or sit back and reign missiles down on the enemy. You'll have more mobility than Assaults so you wont have to plan your path of attack as well but you won't be able to idle off in the back either.

Assault - DESTROY the enemy team use all the information gathered by the light and mediums to mow though the battle or sit back and reign missiles down on the enemy. Slow and methodical is your path to victory your lights and mediums will be over run if you're not there to to stop the enemy's assault force. Use the information gathered to plan your path. After all you're slow get caught wandering off and your unit will be wiped out and you'll be left all by yourself.

Missions IS & Clan

Mission 1

Training mission
Personal Hanger Map / Target Dummies

Mission 2 1st Cutscene Invasion

Invasion Part 1 Clan Wolf Invasion corridor - Clan Wolf
Clan Wolf
IS

Mission 3

Invasion Part 2 Clan Jade Falcon Invasion corridor - Clan Jade Falcon
Clan Jade Falcon
IS

Mission 4

Invasion Part 3 Clan Ghost Bear Invasion corridor - Clan Ghost Bear
Clan Ghost Bear
IS

Mission 5

Invasion Part 4 Clan Smoke Jaguar Invasion corridor - Clan Smoke Jaguar
Clan Smoke Jaguar
IS

Mission 6

Battle of Wolcott Part 1 Operation Sakkaku
Planet: Wolcott (Draconis Combine)
Map Template: Verdian Bog
Clan Smoke Jaguar
IS

Mission 7

Battle of Wolcott Part 2 & Aftermath Operation Sakkaku
Planet: Wolcott (Draconis Combine)
Map Template: Verdian Bog
Clan Smoke Jaguar
IS

Mission 8

Battle of Luthien – Operation Dragonslayer
Planet: Luthien (Draconis Combine) 35°C (Temperate)
Map Template; Industrial Complex
Smoke Jaguar & Clan Nova Cat
IS

Mission 9 2nd Cutscene Clan Grand Council

Battle of Tukayyid Part 1
Planet: Tukayyid (Rasalhague Republic) 40°C (Arid)
Cities: Dinju Heights, Port Racice
Map Template: River City, Crimson Strait
Smoke Jaguars
IS

Mission 10

Battle of Tukayyid Part 2
Cities: Joje Tost
Nova Cats
IS

Mission 11

Battle of Tukayyid Part 3
Cities: Spanac, Luk
Clan Ghost Bear
IS

Mission 12

Battle of Tukayyid Part 4
Cities: Kelly Springs, Kozice Ranch Station
Clan Steel Vipers
IS

Mission 13

Battle of Tukayyid Part 5
Cities: Urcunat, Kosice Prime
Clan Diamond Sharks
IS

Mission 14

Battle of Tukayyid Part 6
Cities: Humptulips, Olalla
Clan Jade Falcons
IS

Mission 15 3rd Cut-Scean End of the Clans VII & Solaris VII

Battle of Tukayyid Part 7
Cities: Brzo, Skupo
Clan Wolf
IS

Word of Blake, Contracts, & Solaris VII

Contracts

Difficulty Settings

Beginner
Normal
Veteran

Hardcore:
Battlemech AI: 75% accuracy, Alpha's you if you over heat, uses cover and hides if you have "ranged weapons" loadout. Shoots you at range if you have "Brawler Loadout". Knows if you have an XL-Engine and will prioritize shooting side torsos. If no XL-Engine or running Clan will shoot CT/ Highest DMG weapon at 5% / 95%

Cheating:
Battlemech AI: 90% accuracy, Alpha's you if you over heat, uses cover and hides if you have "ranged weapons" loadout. Shoots you at range if you have "Brawler Loadout". Knows if you have an XL-Engine and will prioritize shooting side torsos 100%. If no XL-Engine or running Clan will shoot at cockpit / CT at 25% / 75%

Cutscenes

Cutscene One:
Cutscene Two:
Cutscene Three:

Edited by Imperius, 23 December 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#2 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:55 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 24 June 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

PGI:

step 1: - give players a map editor

step 2: - turn the council back on

step 3: - let the the community go to work

step 4: - integrate the hard work of a willing community, pat yourself on the back for doing so

step 5: - profit

start again with other mod stuff:
hangar, items, music addon, ...

Edited by Imperius, 26 June 2015 - 05:39 AM.

#3 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Kurita
  • Hero of Kurita
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

In 2005 I went through all the Source for the Battle of Tukayyid and created a massive MW4 map. It was too big for the game engine at 6x6 when the biggest map to work was 5x5. I have all the height maps and textures ... here is the main battlefield...

Posted Image

#4 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:29 PM

The previous versions have given us a lot of storylines that can be worked with and fleshed out more.

Here is an idea I had, but is buried, please read it and maybe it will fit in with this. As far as I can see, the game would only benefit from more content, and it does not have to be like pulling teeth.

http://mwomercs.com/...ayer-pve-ideas/

EDIT:

Here it is anyway......

I think there may be a quick and relativly easy solution to the tutorial (or lack thereof) issue.
This can also apply to the question of single player missions.
Mechwarrior in all of it's incarnations is owned by Microsoft. That includes this one, Mechwarrior Online.
Mechwarrior 2 had a great tutorial. So I suggest that PGI simply "lift it out" and brush it up then put it into MWO.
The dialogue is there (some changes maybe), the training facility need not be redesigmed, simply use that layout and add MWO assets.
As far as copyright goes, I am no expert and may be wrong. But I fail to see how doing this could be a legal problem, as this would simply be using what PGI has a license to use, Mechwarrior.
At the end of the day Microsoft still owns Mechwarrior, so they could not be losing anything at all, and actually stand to make more if this would help to gain and retain more players.

Similarly with the single player mission idea, simply use the stories and maps from the previous games. Obviously it would be no small task, but the groundwork is there. If I am correct, it is all true to battletech history, so should be there anyway.
This would, in my opinion be the most economical way to introduce those features. They were all good stories, and even the Mercenary expansions could be woven in as well.
I remember the missions in, I think Ghost Bears' Legacy, where you were under water, and had to use torpedos instead of missiles, awesome fun. But it was not that that made me think of this, it was the awesome storyline, chasing stolen genetic material, and how the plot unfolded. And it is all Mechwarrior, so why not retell those stories, and create that atmosphere again.
Anyway, just a thought. But one I really do think would help the game. And yes, I remember from listening to the town hall, that this was not happening soon, but here is an idea as asked for by Russ. (thanks for doing those Russ)

Edited by Dirk Le Daring, 11 March 2015 - 07:46 PM.

#5 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Kurita
  • Hero of Kurita
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

I do see one issue with the MechWarrior mission redux, the game engine may have different limitations. Some of those older games had custom game engines, so the developers were not limited.

Edited by MechregSurn, 13 March 2015 - 08:11 AM.

#6 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:22 AM

Haven't been here in awhile I apologize I didn't see these posts sooner. I'll be actively checking this thread for the next few weeks ideas and suggestions welcome.

Edited by Imperius, 02 May 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#7 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

well maybe you could give us the hightsmap - i am pretty sure there are ppl who use Cryengine Sandbox and would give the raw map to pgi - so they would only have to add buildings, probs and plants....

or maybe you use it by yourself and send them a complete map (i am sure there is a way to find the scenerythings somewhere in the mwo folder...)

Edited by Fireeagle, 02 May 2015 - 11:33 AM.

#8 Hayek Lahiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 105 posts
  • LocationHoard

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

PGI plz

#9 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:14 PM

Time to give this thread a little bump...

#10 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:25 PM

We should have voice actors/actresses, George Ledoux, and rewards like salvaging mechs for this mode.

Edited by Will9761, 13 June 2015 - 08:27 PM.

#11 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:06 AM

I'll chime in, albeit somewhat lazily. Here's my thread for Pve ideas, http://mwomercs.com/...campaign-ideas/

My main idea is pgi should create individual "campaigns" that go for $20-40. Some simpler things should be done as well.

#12 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:19 AM

I am really liking this. I don't know if I can help you guys with anything (my modeling skills are crap), but I can help with the lore, and with customizing some things.

#13 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:18 AM

I have to admit, I'd totally be okay with a remastered MW3 or 4.

#14 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:33 PM

Hopefully this makes it out before I lose interest in the game in after 3 yrs now I barely play.

#15 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostMechregSurn, on 11 March 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

In 2005 I went through all the Source for the Battle of Tukayyid and created a massive MW4 map. It was too big for the game engine at 6x6 when the biggest map to work was 5x5. I have all the height maps and textures ... here is the main battlefield...

Posted Image

That looks amazing, and really awesomely huge... MWO should have maps of this size..

Here's my idea for a truly MMO in MWO campaign... why not make a seriously HUGE map (like that one), and add all sorts of spaced out objectives, bring contuously dropping mechs, with players that can join / leave the battle at will.

To be honest, I don't know how many simultaneous players cryengine can handle, but it would be nice to have a huge sandbox battlefield with actual objectives in seperate locations, all of wich must be acomplished to couquer a planet..

And the campaign could be a series of these objectives handed out in-game during drops..

Just imagine, your playing, killing mechs.. suddenly, betty anounces new objective.. go to this nav or that on a HUGE map and say, take out a mechworks facility, or an orbital cannon...

On sandbox planet-wide maps, just imagine the potential of solo lone wolves doing their part and full fledged unit-sponsored ambushes, actuall pushes to acomplish a task.. all without ever leaving your cockpit.. or from the cockpit of your 6'th mech..

Edited by Vellron2005, 24 June 2015 - 04:29 AM.

#16 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:18 AM

View PostImperius, on 20 December 2014 - 03:55 AM, said:

Reserved:

PGI:

step 1: - give players a map editor

step 2: - turn the council back on

step 3: - let the the community go to work

step 4: - integrate the hard work of a willing community, pat yourself on the back for doing so

step 5: - profit

start again with other mod stuff:
hangar, items, music addon, ...

#17 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:29 AM

I will keep bumping this thread for support.

#18 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:38 AM

Bump and added Peters suggestion

#19 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:04 PM

Amazing ideas and if that is an accurate tukayyid map, where are the objective cities(s)?

#20 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:57 AM

we need a city map of all tall buildings to breath life into brawling

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users