so how soon can we expect clan technology? not interested in this game untill the clans come into the picture as I don't like this era mechs

177 replies to this topic

#101 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostVodkavaiator, on 24 July 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

I say we have 10 years without any clans or clantech just to give the developers time to properly balance the game.

:)

#102 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

I, personally don't understand this "Hard on" for the clans thing... and I'm trying to I really am.

I'm a huge fan of CBT, and I will admit that some of my favorite novels have been about clanners "Jade Phoenix" And I like Clan Wolf. There's just... I don't get all the love the clans get.

I've been playing Mechwarrior since MW2, I played in the Tesla II cockpits back in 96' So I know enough about them, Sure the tech is good, [but hot] I just, often time they're hard to identify with as characters... They are vat born, killing machines. They're warriors at heart, have more in common with Klingons than humans. But I just don't get the love.

The InnerSphere I can relate to, because that's basically historical factions that got sent into space. And if it's the honor kick you want, then why not just join House Kurita and be mech based Samurai?

I guess some of the mechs are cool, I do love the Timberwolf/Madcat... I like the Thor/Summoner and the Loki. I like the Daishi/dire wolf... Stone Rhino is cool... Orion IIC... I'm not going to lie, there ARE cool mechs, but really, most of my love still falls on the Innersphere side of things.

Don't get me wrong guys, keep loving what you love, I'm just trying to understand the motivation for loving the clans.

#103 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostVodkavaiator, on 24 July 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

I say we have 10 years without any clans or clantech just to give the developers time to properly balance the game.

<growls> it has been almost 18 YEARS since the last Clan centered game. We are sick of waiting, we are tired of waiting. our time is now. we do not demand we wait 10 years w/out innersphere to 'balance' things, so, do not ask, or expect us to wait. We are done waiting. Our time is coming just a few months from now.

#104 DavidGodSon

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:56 AM

im looking forward to seeing some clam mecha around, but when it comes down to it i just want to shoot things in a big robot suit ^.^

#105 ZeuS MPBT

• PipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 39 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

Ok, no more hiding, devs, please turn on the secret "CLANS ON" switch ^^

#106 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 24 July 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

<growls> it has been almost 18 YEARS since the last Clan centered game. We are sick of waiting, we are tired of waiting. our time is now. we do not demand we wait 10 years w/out innersphere to 'balance' things, so, do not ask, or expect us to wait. We are done waiting. Our time is coming just a few months from now.

Please try and remember that regardless of what your favorite mech/faction is the most important thing is that the game in general actually does well/attracts players/is good.

Being able to RP as whatever character you wish should come in a far second to seeing the game reach a generally good state.

I would rather Clans be slowly added but in a good manner, than the developers rush them into the game simply to please players and potentially end up hurting the game in the long run. The same of course applies to any IS gear, factions or mechs...

Edited by Vodkavaiator, 25 July 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#107 Aaydin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

I think it would be pretty awesome to have played this game for a while and then during a match, one of the devs shows up in a clan mech to wreak some havoc. For the next week or so, dev played clan mechs show up sporadically until an all out invasion begins at which point you could get the tech or be a clanner or what have you.

#108 Ubertron X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

"Die, Clanner!" :ph34r:

#109 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostVodkavaiator, on 25 July 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Please try and remember that regardless of what your favorite mech/faction is the most important thing is that the game in general actually does well/attracts players/is good.

Being able to RP as whatever character you wish should come in a far second to seeing the game reach a generally good state.

I would rather Clans be slowly added but in a good manner, than the developers rush them into the game simply to please players and potentially end up hurting the game in the long run. The same of course applies to any IS gear, factions or mechs...

The clans make first contact in less than 30 days when they spirit Phelan Kell away and leave his mech and its targeting computer. Then, in March, the first wave of the invasion hits. This is wait enough. They already know how this is happening, and how it is balanced, all we are waiting for is, for the time line, the real world time line to sync up. I have waited nearly 18 years for this, I do not ask them to hold off on IS tech or mechs for balance sake, I ask that I not be made to wait for what I prefer to play as. I am certain most clanner's are with me on this.

#110 Sirth

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

So what if MWO started in 3025 instead?

#111 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostSirth, on 26 July 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

So what if MWO started in 3025 instead?

Then the Raven and other potential "post-Helm" mechs would have been made for nothing :)

#112 Kiv Kotare

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

But one clan is already here.... wolf dragoons....

#113 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:42 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 25 July 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

The clans make first contact in less than 30 days when they spirit Phelan Kell away and leave his mech and its targeting computer. Then, in March, the first wave of the invasion hits. This is wait enough. They already know how this is happening, and how it is balanced, all we are waiting for is, for the time line, the real world time line to sync up. I have waited nearly 18 years for this, I do not ask them to hold off on IS tech or mechs for balance sake, I ask that I not be made to wait for what I prefer to play as. I am certain most clanner's are with me on this.

You can ask and demand all you want, but if the devs decide to not make the Clans playable noone will hear you scream (well, except your neighbors maybe).

#114 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

This sounds like the guy at my old gaming group who refused to start a PC who wasn't 5th level and had 3 Magic items.

We sent him packing after the first night.

Well see ya next year.

#115 Brien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostBoondoxSaint, on 27 June 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

haha im using the inner sphere names cause figured most would only recognize those names........... the selection of mechs in this game as is atm is meh....wheres the raven at least? i'd scout it up in a raven. Having to pay 120$ for all 4 at launch is pretty ridiculous. ..... and really how many medium laser boats are there going to be? cause srsly thats all you will see in a month or so and complaints about gauss plas boats....

Aug. 7 is not launch still closed beta we paid to support the Devs to help make the game better. Open Beta will be around the end of summer with full launch sometime later. That is why there are few mechs at the moment.

#116 Toothman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 557 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 24 July 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

I, personally don't understand this "Hard on" for the clans thing... and I'm trying to I really am.

I'm a huge fan of CBT, and I will admit that some of my favorite novels have been about clanners "Jade Phoenix" And I like Clan Wolf. There's just... I don't get all the love the clans get.

I've been playing Mechwarrior since MW2, I played in the Tesla II cockpits back in 96' So I know enough about them, Sure the tech is good, [but hot] I just, often time they're hard to identify with as characters... They are vat born, killing machines. They're warriors at heart, have more in common with Klingons than humans. But I just don't get the love.

The InnerSphere I can relate to, because that's basically historical factions that got sent into space. And if it's the honor kick you want, then why not just join House Kurita and be mech based Samurai?

I guess some of the mechs are cool, I do love the Timberwolf/Madcat... I like the Thor/Summoner and the Loki. I like the Daishi/dire wolf... Stone Rhino is cool... Orion IIC... I'm not going to lie, there ARE cool mechs, but really, most of my love still falls on the Innersphere side of things.

Don't get me wrong guys, keep loving what you love, I'm just trying to understand the motivation for loving the clans.

Its because in other games the clan stuff was very OP compared to IS stuff. Therefore the "love" for clans. I hope PGI has plans to deal with that. My personal favorite would be allowing only one target at a time for clanners. The crying and gnashing of teeth that would ensue would make me happy for months.

#117 Lokust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouthern Michigan

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

I admit even though I like many of the mechs, I will be a little sad when EZmode tech arrives.

#118 Entilzha66

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

Clans would be only if they would also adhere to the rules and culture of the clan.

Zelbriggen and no other engagments when you turn your enemy to dust.
Who knows, it might even add more to the game.

#119 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostBoondoxSaint, on 27 June 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Know its a little early but how far down can we expect the clans to come into the pictur?e......like we should be able to ally ourselves with one of the clans....for example I'm a long time ghost bear fan. Big fan of the clan omnimech chassis.

Looking forward to:

ryoken,
puma,
cougar,
blood asp
grizzly
black lanner
thor
massakari
stone rhino

and my favorite mech of all time the kodiak.

1) Check my sig for the dates on all of those
2) Years from now in many cases,if not more. Clantech would basically toss all the work they're doing now straight in the trash bin, as MW4 abundantly showed- Clantech would be stuffed on every chassis and half the game would be useless noob-bait.

As I'm fond of saying, you're asking for Gulf War technology in a Korean War sim.

#120 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 24 July 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

If by "few months" you mean "few years", you're likely right on the money.

And I have very little sympathy for you. I've been waiting for a game WITHOUT Clan tech since the 1990's, and it's here. By that measure, I do believe that means you're in the back of the line since MW2,3, and 4 were full of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users