This Crimes Commeted By Ghost Bear Can Not Go Unpunished

76 replies to this topic

#1 Cryonis

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:23 PM

I understand I might get some flack for saying this and I can see it might be justified. but this is the seconed day the ghost bears have attacked wolf taritory (I know its not clan ghost bear in all but a few units).

I say that enough is enough, I say that we wolfs should go on the offinsive and start attacking Bear taritory. look I want to go after the IS as much as the next claner (looks over at the Bears) but with this attackes and every one on vacation. I feel its Justified and because of this dishonerable actions, Clan Ghost Bear should give up some of there teritory to us wolf as a repermand.

P.s. Please excuse my misspellings. there is no spellcheck on this thing and my spelling is a bit atrocious. thank you.

#2 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

Regardless there is not too much we can do until people get back. Likely not until this weekend and maybe next week. I certainly would not be against attacking the Ghost Bear at this point; at least until they break their contract with Merc Star.

#3 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

Ugh for the 594,329,675th time people... Ghost bear isn't attacking us. Mercenaries who tagged up under GB sign are attacking us, and Ghost Bear can do NOTHING to stop that. They can choose not to pay them, but thats not what the Mercs are there for anyway.

Punishing Ghost Bear for this would be an awful response.

Now, please make way for the Alpha Bears with all their virtual testosterone to flyyyy off the handle explaining to us how we would "Get Rekd" and stuff if we do this.

#4 Cryonis

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 31 December 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

Ugh for the 594,329,675th time people... Ghost bear isn't attacking us. Mercenaries who tagged up under GB sign are attacking us, and Ghost Bear can do NOTHING to stop that. They can choose not to pay them, but thats not what the Mercs are there for anyway.

Punishing Ghost Bear for this would be an awful response.

Now, please make way for the Alpha Bears with all their virtual testosterone to flyyyy off the handle explaining to us how we would "Get Rekd" and stuff if we do this.

I never said it was Clan Ghost Bear as a hole but a few units. still they are working for Clan Ghost bear and broken the Ceasfire. this could then be used as a means for trile of Greavence.

I'm not say we should go into full invasion on the Ghost Bears for this but only asking for some kind of compinsation or appalagy from there main force. (I know they can't controll who joins them or controles them, but this still looks bad on them)

#5 Orion the Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTraveller

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:59 PM

As much as I WANT to agree with this response, as a gut reaction, I can't at this time. PGI has implementend NO MEASURES whatsoever for units to hold their peer units accountable. The true Ghost Bear units have no recourse or control over what the larger merc units who fly GB colors do.

#6 XSurusX

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

I'm sure the mercs would love it if CW and CGB started actively attacking each other. Just focus on defending our territory and waiting for the mercs to switch back to IS. As long as the CGB regulars honor the truce, the mercs alone will not be able to take anything from us. This means we need to honor the truce as well, and focus only on defending from CGB and never retaliating.

#7 Malekhai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

I agree, during our time of conquest we should never attack one another. Once the Inner Sphere all the clans can have their petty border disputes

#8 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

View PostNoesis, on 31 December 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Are we supposed to be impressed by some picture you ripped off a little girl from DeviantArt? You can spam it all over the forums till Paul sings, but it in no way makes you creative, ironic, or profound.

#9 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:47 PM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 31 December 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

[/center]

Are we supposed to be impressed by some picture you ripped off a little girl from DeviantArt? You can spam it all over the forums till Paul sings, but it in no way makes you creative, ironic, or profound.

Hes.. well, got a knack for that kinda thing besides making word salad.

#10 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

Boy that escalated quickly...
Thing is, you can try to punish us but there is fair chance you will end up paying the price. And why risk that, given not much really happened?

#11 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:57 PM

Their is a conspiracy to have the two largest clans, CW and CGB start a war with each other. And this conspiracy is no secret. It's been openly discussed on IS forums and the Comstar Chronicle. I would say don't give in to the ambitions of merc units, remember some of these merc units onced worked for FRR so we know where their allegiance is to. The main Ghost Bear units will do their part in not helping to invade these planets. (i think). It will take care of itself in due time

#12 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:04 PM

The title of this thread, by the way, Is absurd. Gustrell was no crisis. Gustrell was no sneak attack. Gustrell was no betrayal.

I know it's tempting to go hardcore dramatic against these guys. But they are utilizing the game dynamics to their fullest extent, seeking good games. You can't expect much more or less from them until PGI finishes up Community Warfare.

Planets arent their goal. Theyre just an extra shiny at the end of the day, should they manage to take one.

#13 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

trials of combat were used all the time between the different clans, even during the push to terra, the fact that mwo clans aren't fighting each other is very unclan like. just folk calling themselves warriors, and yet not proving to each other which clan truly is the best. maybe the timeline should be pushed ahead to let the "real" crusaders into the fight

#14 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

Something's wrong with the planet picking algorithm. This will be the 3rd day in a row CGB doesn't have a Kurita planet to attack.

#15 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:15 PM

Not only that, for the longest time there was an extra attack avenue into clan wolf space for either Steiner or CJF to pursue. And Kurita has Idlewind as an additional.

My theory is that, when a planet is cut off, enveloped by a faction, (Like that little combine planet in CSJ), an extra attack lane opens up to free that planet and reconnect it to supply lines.

(This might also explain the source of the bug for CGB, the extra attack for kurita having possibly consumed the available pool of open attackable planets? Like a hard limit is set per the entire IS, but not for each faction?)

Edited by Speerit Ward, 31 December 2014 - 10:19 PM.

#16 Bear4188

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:26 AM

It's actually FRR who has an attack on Idlewind, not Kurita, despite not even having a border with CSJ anymore. Algorithm is screwed up and nothing can be done until PGI gets back to the office. Hopefully we take enough FRR planets that we just get another open lane into Kurita space anyway.

#17 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 31 December 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

The title of this thread, by the way, Is absurd. Gustrell was no crisis. Gustrell was no sneak attack. Gustrell was no betrayal.

I know it's tempting to go hardcore dramatic against these guys. But they are utilizing the game dynamics to their fullest extent, seeking good games. You can't expect much more or less from them until PGI finishes up Community Warfare.

Planets arent their goal. Theyre just an extra shiny at the end of the day, should they manage to take one.

You hit the nail right on the head.

View PostAresye, on 31 December 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

Something's wrong with the planet picking algorithm. This will be the 3rd day in a row CGB doesn't have a Kurita planet to attack.

I am not sure I buy the whole algorithm line from Russ. If it is true, then the last time we complained and CGB got a new Kurita attack lane around an hour AFTER the cease fire the algorithm must have been having fits. Maybe they do run a program but made a fix for us...all I know is that the current planet selections seem pretty odd. And why did the Wolf/GB planets change after over a week of them staying static? I don't see the logic. Sure would be nice if we could choose the planet we want to attack.

#18 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 01 January 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

You hit the nail right on the head.

I am not sure I buy the whole algorithm line from Russ. If it is true, then the last time we complained and CGB got a new Kurita attack lane around an hour AFTER the cease fire the algorithm must have been having fits. Maybe they do run a program but made a fix for us...all I know is that the current planet selections seem pretty odd. And why did the Wolf/GB planets change after over a week of them staying static? I don't see the logic. Sure would be nice if we could choose the planet we want to attack.

Well lucky for us this is a Beta. What CI and MS are doing now probably wont be available in the final release. I expect alot of changes to CW, all for the best.

#19 Lowbrid

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 31 December 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

trials of combat were used all the time between the different clans, even during the push to terra, the fact that mwo clans aren't fighting each other is very unclan like. just folk calling themselves warriors, and yet not proving to each other which clan truly is the best. maybe the timeline should be pushed ahead to let the "real" crusaders into the fight

WINNAR!!!!!

#20 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostOrion the Hunter, on 31 December 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

As much as I WANT to agree with this response, as a gut reaction, I can't at this time. PGI has implementend NO MEASURES whatsoever for units to hold their peer units accountable. The true Ghost Bear units have no recourse or control over what the larger merc units who fly GB colors do.

^This
The Meta will be some Hardcore Lore-ists.

And MANY contract min/maxers. Smallest contract needs to be like 2-3 months and offer WAY more than Mercs.

R&R could change some of this but thats a whole other can of worms.

P.S. : Some FRR/CGB see themselves as Dominion and will hop between IS/Clan as they see fit.
Broken? Exploit? Dunno.
We have only 1 map for several RP timelines...hence some of the IS's problems coordinating vs Clans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users