The Irony...

77 replies to this topic

#1 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:31 PM

So, let me get this straight...

House of Lords can take their 1 planet and call it a day and be good sports...but mercs wearing GB tags cannot?

Seriously...?

Never thought I would see the day where I would say that I would rather have the Lords working with us than groups like MS and CI.

So, everything said and done...good show Lords. You guys are turning out to be excellent trothkin after the spat.

Now, if we could just get the mercs out of the pool.

#2 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

I don't buy the whole "boredom" excuse. There's an amazing group and solo queue that still exists.

#3 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:00 PM

View PostGyrok, on 01 January 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

So, let me get this straight...

House of Lords can take their 1 planet and call it a day and be good sports...but mercs wearing GB tags cannot?

Seriously...?

Never thought I would see the day where I would say that I would rather have the Lords working with us than groups like MS and CI.

So, everything said and done...good show Lords. You guys are turning out to be excellent trothkin after the spat.

MS wasnt playing this evening before the cease fire tonight, but thanks for the kind words!

Edited by Aodh, 01 January 2015 - 10:01 PM.

#4 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:03 AM

View PostAodh, on 01 January 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

MS wasnt playing this evening before the cease fire tonight, but thanks for the kind words!

Maybe not. But on the forums on the other hand.
*Look at Hybrid Black and laught.*

#5 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:28 AM

Kudos to your ignorance, my Wolf brethren.

One simple answer to your question: we are not Lords. They are very, very few, but we are very, very many. Unless we can meaningfully fight on two fronts we get bored simply because there is very little actual fighting per capita. Wolves may struggle with understanding of this concept because you only have a few players that actively push in CW, but we are a different case. And all those people need oponents to face.

We leave waiting queues after long minutes (no less than 15-20) of pointless waiting even on 60+/60+ planets simply because we don't have anyone to fight with. If you either lack knowledge or understanding to acknowledge that, fine by me, but that doesn't mean you are right. Keep that in mind please.

EDIT: Group of 7, 50 minutes in total waiting for match to happen, we have 2 planets with 40+ on both attacker and defender side. 50 minutes, and not even a single match for our group. That is why we need more battlegrounds.

Edited by Mordin Ashe, 02 January 2015 - 06:12 AM.

#6 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:09 AM

Posted Image

#7 IsaAurinkoinen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:22 AM

MS if you want to fight more wait less, take contract from some smaller faction, for example FRR or Liao. Big unit like MS would balance situation nicely.

#8 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:25 AM

JOIN LIAO. FIGHT DAVION. GET PAID!

http://mwomercs.com/...e-of-contracts/

#9 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:30 AM

View PostGyrok, on 01 January 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

Are you sure? Wolf space would become like this without the MERCS:

Posted Image

#10 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostNoesis, on 02 January 2015 - 06:30 AM, said:

Are you sure? Wolf space would become like this without the MERCS:

Posted Image

They jumped ship, again, knowing they couldnt defeat or even take 1 Wolf planet.

But its cool now as they went Steiner, we will just crush them there aswell.

#11 Azerius Mezinar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

In any event, it's been a bit better than waiting 16+ minutes for a free win. Great duels last night,

However, I must concur with Blake when he asks you to join Liao - Those guys are getting hammered pretty hard, and in the coming weeks, are likely to only have just their capital world remaining with Davion and Marik pushing hard against their borders; plenty of action to be had there. Kurita could probably use some aid against the Davion push, as well.

Edited by Azerius Mezinar, 02 January 2015 - 06:58 AM.

#12 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:59 AM

Posted Image

#13 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:00 AM

View PostAzerius Mezinar, on 02 January 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

In any event, it's been a bit better than waiting 16+ minutes for a free win. Great duels last night,

However, I must concur with Blake when he asks you to join Liao - Those guys are getting hammered pretty hard, and in the coming weeks, are likely to only have just their capital world remaining with Davion and Marik pushing hard against their borders; plenty of action to be had there. Kurita could probably use some aid against the Davion push, as well.

But you dont get a match in 16 minutes, you don't understand how it works. You don't get any match, no matter how long you wait. You can spend 60 minutes in a que and nothing happens. Broken CW? Perhaps, but it is reality. And if people want to fight, they have to look for ways how to do it. Mercs do, and get shamed in this thread.

Edited by Mordin Ashe, 02 January 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#14 IsaAurinkoinen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

Its harder to get matches in overcrowded factions like Davion or GhostBear. If you want fights faster you have to fight against those two. In ideal situation every faction would have even player base on all timezones. Problem is that many wants to be at winning team, so they all join already big factions and same time they make situation even worse for everybody.

Edited by IsaAurinkoinen, 02 January 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#15 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

Maybe pgi should boost the appeal for mercs to join smaller factions that are getting hammered to bits... Double or triple the cbills they get per win or something... No idea just throwing that out

#16 Hann Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 02 January 2015 - 08:16 AM, said:

Maybe pgi should boost the appeal for mercs to join smaller factions that are getting hammered to bits... Double or triple the cbills they get per win or something... No idea just throwing that out

This. When you are making 600,000-1,000,000 cbills per match, adding an extra 50,000 Cbills does nothing to influence us to move. If they made it an extra 250,000 cbills per match -MS- would go wherever they wanted us to.

#17 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:52 AM

View PostBlakeAteIt, on 02 January 2015 - 06:25 AM, said:

JOIN LIAO. FIGHT DAVION. GET PAID!

http://mwomercs.com/...e-of-contracts/

I'd love to see the rewards be higher to be honest to fight for low pop factions. Currently it just doesn't sway us to consider factions that were not part of our original strategic plan. There is a function of where we want to be on the map, and who we want to fight, that also comes into play and so far the low pop areas have not played apart in that. There was one low pop area that came close but it's lack of attack lanes was a problem. If Liao were able to actually offer a package that went beyond the pitiful cbill bonus that PGI currently offers it would be much more enticing...but that bonus is just not enough to set aside our current plan.

Edit: In after Hann! And he says it with so many less words. Sadface.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 02 January 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#18 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

View PostIsaAurinkoinen, on 02 January 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

MS if you want to fight more wait less, take contract from some smaller faction, for example FRR or Liao. Big unit like MS would balance situation nicely.

View PostMordin Ashe, on 02 January 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

Kudos to your ignorance, my Wolf brethren.

One simple answer to your question: we are not Lords. They are very, very few, but we are very, very many. Unless we can meaningfully fight on two fronts we get bored simply because there is very little actual fighting per capita. Wolves may struggle with understanding of this concept because you only have a few players that actively push in CW, but we are a different case. And all those people need oponents to face.

We leave waiting queues after long minutes (no less than 15-20) of pointless waiting even on 60+/60+ planets simply because we don't have anyone to fight with. If you either lack knowledge or understanding to acknowledge that, fine by me, but that doesn't mean you are right. Keep that in mind please.

EDIT: Group of 7, 50 minutes in total waiting for match to happen, we have 2 planets with 40+ on both attacker and defender side. 50 minutes, and not even a single match for our group. That is why we need more battlegrounds.

Maybe go find a Factions that isnt already the largest when you join....CSJ, LIAO and CJF are all smaller one. I have never waited more then 5 minutes for a match. Most the time its 3...

I find it ironic you are insulting someone saying "they are not smart enough to understand" when you yourself are in fact having issues grasping the concept of too many people in one faction will crowd the battleground for that group.

Maybe take a contract with a less populated faction?

#19 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

Dark Born is on a mission to research this next week, in the interest of science of course .... and to experience some interesting oriental food and nightlife "culture" at the same time. All at the expense of CSJ bonus money.

Hopefully some fun times ahead fighting the Dragons and one of the advantages of having a flexible passport is that you get to see all these different cultures and points of view.

Might even find some interesting Tea blends, which would be an addtional bonus.

Edited by Noesis, 02 January 2015 - 09:20 AM.

#20 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

The real Irony is that now it's Wolf with a flip flopping IS merc unit that is attacking Ghost Bear space, and that all the sanctimonious rage and indignant whining is missing from the very outspoken Wolves. And this turns Wolves into the biggest hypocrites in the Galaxy.

Edited by Ihasa, 02 January 2015 - 10:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users