Founders: how are you building your prime variants?

149 replies to this topic

#81 Sept Wolfke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

I chose the Atlas. With it, I plan on having every energy weapon hardpoint laden with at least a small laser, and every ballistic hardpoint laden with at least a machinegun. Some of the energy weapon hardpoints will get upgraded to medium lasers. every missile hardpoint will be laden with a Streak SRM-2. I'll definately use double heatsinks & CASE. The AC20 will become a Gauss Rifle. Armor to max. Endo steel or Ferro Fibrous armor might be used depending on how all this goes in the mechlab.

come play with me little hunchback, I dare you to close and engage.

Edited by Sept Wolfke, 09 July 2012 - 11:08 PM.

#82 Aeryk Corsaer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCentral California

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostWolftrap, on 27 June 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Biggest issue will be what the hardpoints allow you to place in exchange. Watching the Mechlab video again and it shows that for the prime Hunchback variant only ballastic wpns can go in the right torso. Which means their will be a reason to buy the different variants just because of the way hardpoints will change depending. I know a Catapult variant I made using primary variant for a BT game set on Solaris VII was 2srm 6s in exchange for each lrm 15....didn't have much ammo but 4 srm 6s dished out alot of damage in the arenas.

So true. No missiles on the Hunchback and no ballistic weapons on the Stalker for example. Of course, I am talking about base models since some Hunchback variants have missiles (both LRM and SRM). A couple of Hunchback models would give significant tactical flexibility to the owner of said models....

#83 Siegwald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:54 AM

Tinkering around with a new idea for my Atlas.

Something like this:

Completely drop AC/20 and LRM/6

2 LRM 15 (instead of LRM 20 and SRM 6) : 4 to 5 tons of ammo with CASE

1 large and 1 medium laser per arm (if hardpoints allow - mechlab video suggested so)

Keep the 2 medium lasers in CT

anti-missile system : 2 tons of ammo

Guardian-ECM

Beagle active probe

8 or 7 double heat sinks (depending on whether or not the anti-missile system consumes a ballistic hard point)

Pilot tree: Command or Defense (dunno yet)

I want to see mechlab!!!

#84 Riffleman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:17 AM

Depends on if they un crappify the founders hunchback. As it is its the crappiest variant and looks like it can only support 4 or 5 weapons, and no missiles at all. If they gave it say the capability of carrying 4 energy weapons, one balistic, and one missile it would open up a much bigger range of builds. Stock though your 25 precent c bill boost would go unused and probably make you mad every time you glanced over at the heap.

#85 Terror Teddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

Well, if possible my Atlas will be bright pink with fluffy teddy ears and contain loads of weapons.

#86 Zoghak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostRiffleman, on 12 July 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

Depends on if they un crappify the founders hunchback. As it is its the crappiest variant and looks like it can only support 4 or 5 weapons, and no missiles at all. If they gave it say the capability of carrying 4 energy weapons, one balistic, and one missile it would open up a much bigger range of builds. Stock though your 25 precent c bill boost would go unused and probably make you mad every time you glanced over at the heap.

watch the mechlab video. The Hunchback HBK-4G has 3 Energy Harpoints in the CT (kinda strange as you only have 2 slots), 3 Ballistic Harpoints in the RT and 3 Energy Hardpoints in each arm.

Edited by Zoghak, 12 July 2012 - 04:51 AM.

#87 StickEGreen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

View PostZoghak, on 12 July 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

watch the mechlab video. The Hunchback HBK-4G has 3 Energy Harpoints in the CT (kinda strange as you only have 2 slots), 3 Ballistic Harpoints in the RT and 3 Energy Hardpoints in each arm.

That video is old though, right? Didn't, they reduce the excess hardpoints on everything recently? I remember some dev posts about it.

#88 Affront692

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder my Atlas changing its Oil

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

Might reduce the atlas LRM20 to an LRM 15 and the AC/20 to an AC/10
then add a machine gun, AMS and Artemis IV....

oh and remove the 2 extra medium lasers and put the srm back in...

Edited by Affront692, 12 July 2012 - 05:23 AM.

#89 Grajo

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

It would depend of how the mechlab works, but I will try to stick as many medium lasers as I can in a Hunchback shoulder cannon B)

And I think I will stick to the default option for the mech I think I will be using most, that is: Raven.

#90 shadowhawk102

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 87 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:23 AM

a mod of the k2.

add endo steel.
17 double heat sinks
2 ppc
4 med lasers
add jump jets.
increase armour to 13 tonnes

34 weapon heat,
no ammo

#91 Kyoshim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 202 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:35 AM

Are you sure ?

It's possible to put a Gauss Rifle on the hunchback HBK-4G ?

Or we need to unlock another model ?

#92 Deathman Kenshi

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:36 AM

View Post514yer, on 08 July 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

also note the supposed doubled armor

You might not be able to. Ive been hearing that if you have only the space for two energy weapons in a location you CAN only put two. So swapping 2 lg las for 4 med las doesnt work. As I understand it you can only swap 2 lg las for 2 med las.

Thats not entirely true

Look at mech lab video

I was already thinking about insane Two Gauss cannons in hunchback sniper build B) [gauss rifle is seen in list of compatibile weapons]
As it allows 3 balistic weapons in torso
But I guess it doesnt have enough slots for that

Your limitations are Slots and Weapon types
So you can for example change hunchback to have 3x AC/5
But not 10 LMGs

Edited by Deathman Kenshi, 12 July 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#93 SideSt3p

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 484 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

Using Skunk Werks:

AS7-S3

300 XL Engine
15 Double Heat Sinks
19 Tons Armor

2 ER PPC
2 Medium Lasers
1 LRM 20
-3 Tons Ammo
1 Gauss Rifle
-3 Tons Ammo
Gaurdian ECM Suite
Beagle Active Probe

#94 Der Zivilist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

@Grajo: Won't work with the prime variant, but there's the HBK-4P "Swayback" which does exactly that. And yes, it's already ingame.

@shadowhawk102: Can't add jump jets to a variant that doesn't have them by default. Also unsure if there are enough hardpoints for the 4 medium lasers.

@Kyoshim: Definitely possible, though it weighs even more than the AC/20.

@Deathman Kenshi: That Mechlab video is woefully outdated, don't trust on anything you see in it. Hardpoints have changed since then.

Edited by Der Zivilist, 12 July 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#95 Kyoshim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 202 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:43 AM

Thanks Der Zivilist B).

#96 Sergeant Rockso

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:44 AM

Long-Toms...nothing but Long-Toms.

...and maybe some of those self-destruct charges; those would come in handy. B)

#97 shadowhawk102

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 87 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

View PostDer Zivilist, on 12 July 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

@Grajo: Won't work with the prime variant, but there's the HBK-4P "Swayback" which does exactly that. And yes, it's already ingame.

@shadowhawk102: Can't add jump jets to a variant that doesn't have them by default. Also unsure if there are enough hardpoints for the 4 medium lasers.

@Deathman Kenshi: That Mechlab video is woefully outdated, don't trust on anything you see in it. Hardpoints have changed since then.

i was under the impression that if any of the variants had jump jets, then they could be added, i would think that the structure that allowed them to be on the prime would still be on the mech, regaurdless of the weapon load out.

#98 Der Zivilist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

Hmmm... well, I can't confirm or deny this without beta access. B)

#99 BlindProphet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

Honestly don't know since we don't know what the current hardpoint configurations are.

And to the people going 'well we know the hunchback has...' just stop. No we don't. We knew it -had- x y and z. We do not know it still has that. We do not know if it will or will not change between now and the 7th, or full release for that matter. We're in the middle of beta right now, video's kinda old at this point and was meant as a demonstration of what can be done not as a demonstration of the final hardpoint layout of the hunchback...

#100 Deathman Kenshi

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

View PostDer Zivilist, on 12 July 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

If they do not allow multiple weapon slots
It would than make downguning useless in some cases or at least cut down customisation options considerably resulting in one or two working builds for most mech variants.

View PostMoxVoid, on 09 July 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

LRM seem underpowered based on the video they only do like 3% dmg per volley of 30 missiles.... and then on top of that You only get like 16 shots.... So 16X3% means your doing 96% dmg with TWO FULL MISSLES RACKS and depleting all your ammo...

You are wrong on this one
Its 3% of structural damage
You do not see enemy armor and when you are taking %of his "life" you are actually doing damage to internal structure as armor is already destroyed or penetrated

Se yes he could really done only small damage to internal structure but he also softened that enemy for all his allies.
And imagine how powerfull it must be if you hit somene already with melted out armour B)

Edited by Deathman Kenshi, 12 July 2012 - 06:16 AM.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users