Time To Fix Prices

Store Module Loadout

195 replies to this topic

#121 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostHeffay, on 05 January 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Hey, it's why we have a Mechwarrior game today. Even people who are terminally unhappy enjoy the game enough to play it practically every day and buy the second most expensive Clan package despite complaining endlessly on multiple forums about the game....

Who are those people? Me? Certainly not any more.
Like I said, I basically stopped playing when it became apparent that folks weren't gonna come back and play with me. We just moved onto other games.

View PostHeffay, on 05 January 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

The 3 things PGI has got spot on perfect with MWO (in no particular order): Gameplay, graphics, and monetization.

I don't understand this joke. I mean, if Vassago said it, I'd understand, but you're usually white knighting for PGI, so I don't understand why you're making fun of them.

#122 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

View PostRoland, on 05 January 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

I don't understand this joke. I mean, if Vassago said it, I'd understand, but you're usually white knighting for PGI, so I don't understand why you're making fun of them.

I said it because it's accurate. Gameplay trumps all. The graphics have been unquestionably the best we've ever had in a Mechwarrior title. And the monetization...well, the continued existence of PGI much to your chagrin pretty much speaks to their ability to do that right.

Spot on perfect.

#123 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

Wow

#124 Illya Ghost Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 500 posts
  • LocationTaking your planets, eating your cookies.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

[/size]
Who are those people? Me? Certainly not any more.
Like I said, I basically stopped playing when it became apparent that folks weren't gonna come back and play with me. We just moved onto other games.

[size=4]

your definition of "moving on" and most peoples, apparently differ greatly.

Your posts are more like those of an angry ex-GF who's idea of moving on is stalking her ex and trying to sabotage everything he does.

#125 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

View PostIllya Arkhipova, on 05 January 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

your definition of "moving on" and most peoples, apparently differ greatly.

Your posts are more like those of an angry ex-GF who's idea of moving on is stalking her ex and trying to sabotage everything he does.

Posted Image

#126 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

Yeah, we seriously need to make it easier to get mechs. As it is right now it's hard for me to recommend the game to friends because I know after the initial 25mil new player bonus they will be very very slowly grinding their way up. 25mil is 1-3 clan mechs or 2-5 IS mechs. But of course we only have 4 starting mech bays, so for a new player you pretty much either commit fully to 1 chassis or accept the fact that you won't master a mech for probably a month if not more.

While a month of play may be ok for some games to get minimal viable competitive content, for this game it's pretty tedious due to the nature of the short matches. If CW was playable at all for new players it might be better because even though the grind takes a while you don't have to play as many separate matches and the matches are more exciting (ignoring the fact that there are only 2 CW maps).

Make mechs a bit cheaper, and give us a couple more starting mech bays (enough to have 2 mastered sets of mechs), and I could actually start honestly telling my friends they should play the game. Right now the only people I know who play it are people who liked it because it was MW, not because they tried a new game and liked it.

#127 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

Like I said, I basically stopped playing when it became apparent that folks weren't gonna come back and play with me.

Key words: play with you. Why would anyone actually want to play with you? Did it ever occur to you that the problem is you? That you drive people away? Just a thought.

#128 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

View PostEscef, on 05 January 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

Key words: play with you. Why would anyone actually want to play with you? Did it ever occur to you that the problem is you? That you drive people away? Just a thought.

I see a lot of Rolands online too, I just assumed they were alts..... I guess not. But if he doesn't play, then he has no experience with the current game to have a valid opinion.....

#129 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostKrysic, on 05 January 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

Ok guys, we're no longer limited to 4-10 mechs. It's time to swing the nerf bat at the prices of modules and engines.

Seriously, enough timesinks. It's an action sim. People won't stop playing if they run out of stuff to buy. They'll just try new combinations and play styles.

.....or, you could give us saved loadouts, like every other game with customization options has been doing forever.

no

#130 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostFate 6, on 05 January 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Yeah, we seriously need to make it easier to get mechs. As it is right now it's hard for me to recommend the game to friends because I know after the initial 25mil new player bonus they will be very very slowly grinding their way up. 25mil is 1-3 clan mechs or 2-5 IS mechs. But of course we only have 4 starting mech bays, so for a new player you pretty much either commit fully to 1 chassis or accept the fact that you won't master a mech for probably a month if not more.

While a month of play may be ok for some games to get minimal viable competitive content, for this game it's pretty tedious due to the nature of the short matches. If CW was playable at all for new players it might be better because even though the grind takes a while you don't have to play as many separate matches and the matches are more exciting (ignoring the fact that there are only 2 CW maps).

Make mechs a bit cheaper, and give us a couple more starting mech bays (enough to have 2 mastered sets of mechs), and I could actually start honestly telling my friends they should play the game. Right now the only people I know who play it are people who liked it because it was MW, not because they tried a new game and liked it.

This... I'm on my second stint with the game and I have spent a bit of money on the game, but I'm still quite far from having a good range of mechs despite at least 100 hours playing the game.

The biggest killers are the things that really shouldn't cost a lot, like the 6million modules, that you want on every mech, the 1.5million DHS (which everyone wants/should have to compete). I have to buy DHS on almost every mech and if you don't have to buy it then that mechs costs that much more anyway. Oh and lets mention the engines too. God forbid you want to buy a second XL300 so that you can fit two mechs and not be constantly moving the engine...

I do like the reward of doing well in a match and getting a nice bunch of cbills, but even with a hero mech and premium it'll still be a long time to elite a mech.

Heck the only reason i have two varients at elite is because I bought some mechs (hero and champion ones) with MC...

Edited by Nori Silverrage, 05 January 2015 - 02:41 PM.

#131 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostNori Silverrage, on 05 January 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

God forbid you want to buy a second XL300 so that you can fit two mechs and not be constantly moving the engine...

I have at least eleven 300XL engines and three 400XLs. Of those, the only one I didn't pay for with c-bills was the 300XL that came with my Sarah's Jenner. I'm not exactly sympathetic here.

Just play the game, the c-bills will come. If you're that worried about c-bill earnings, grab some premium time, the 50% boost on c-bills and XP is nice.

#132 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostEscef, on 05 January 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

Lol, well done sir.

To answer the question though, we still play OTHER games together. They just stopped wanting to play THIS game.

I keep checking on the forums here, partially out of schadenfreude, and partially out of some mindless hope that things could get better.

#133 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:00 PM

It's like a watched pot. The second you stop coming here, things will get a lot better.

#134 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

I think you are right.

#135 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

View PostHeffay, on 05 January 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

It's like a watched pot. The second you stop coming here, things will get a lot better.

Eh, just block him. Let him have fun cursing at an empty room.

#136 Illya Ghost Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 500 posts
  • LocationTaking your planets, eating your cookies.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostHeffay, on 05 January 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

I see what you did there.....

#137 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

View PostFate 6, on 05 January 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

It's not 25m, it's only 8 million.

The Premium Time stacking with the first 25 games bonus is long gone since achievements.

Edited by Deathlike, 05 January 2015 - 03:19 PM.

#138 Serpieri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

Still haven't bought a single thing in MWO - the pricing needs to go down - these are virtual items.

#139 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

Steam will have Steam deals. When MWO goes live on Steam I expect a pricing revision.

#140 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostHeffay, on 05 January 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

PGI has ALWAYS done monetization extremely well.

Do you live in WA or CO? It has to be one of those.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users