#1 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

Dear Russ,

1:00 AM is not in any way, shape, or form, a good time for East Coast US players to end their gaming day! This new 1:00 AM CF time excludes every responsible player who works a day-shift job that lives on the US East Coast. I assume there are more than a few players generating revenue for MWO that live on the US East Coast and work first shift who would not stay up to play a game until 12:20 PM, even if they really like playing MWO. With this in mind, it makes paying for in game perks similar to buying a fitness club membership for a gym that is only open when you are sleeping.

GV

UPDATE:

Simple solution...7 hour CF times...this keeps the rotation moving with primetime CFs every day for every time zone in the world and the schedule recycles every 7 days or weekly.

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 09 January 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#2 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

Agreed.

I will just go to bed at 11. Won't even stay up till midnight.

#3 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

So, what about the rest of the world that has to suffer from CW closing times where most of their hard work goes to naught?...

A rotating time would be a better option but don't think that the world revolves around your gaming time as there are a lot of people apart from you.

Sorry if my comment sounds harsh but threatening to pull out because of this is a tad childish.

Cheers!
Eboli

#4 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

CW (and anecdotally game) population falls off a cliff during cease fire, this keeps the other three time zones in the US playing an extra hour a night.

#5 Creag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 419 posts
  • Locationadelaide Australia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

I have to agree with Eboli, it always nice to know most online game making companies never think of the other time zones. It always seems to be worked out for American time zones, because most of the comps including CW is set around Midday for me

#6 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

#EUProblems

#7 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:21 PM

As West Coast NA player who has to work, sometimes I rush through traffic and skip dinner to squeeze in 1 or 2 CW drops before the ceasefire. Pushing the ceasefire back allows me to actually participate more in CW. With the shorter CW attack phase windows, every single drop counts much more as there is less chance your wins will be turned over when nobody can defend.

#8 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

Well - a day has 24 hours - and 24 time zones - you can split them by theorie - or maybe they should look after their server logs.
I'm sure that there will be enough informations to set 3-4 attack windows - based on that data - even if that means you have
a 3hour, 9hour and 12 hour attack window. Who cares if the time is set right

#9 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:41 PM

New times seem pretty fair. It's a game played all over the world, so it's not going to be perfect for anyone.

#10 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:50 PM

Actually the new times would be pretty perfect for me. Ceasefire for NA starts at 10pm right before I should be getting ready for bed.

#11 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:55 PM

Still think random times is the best way to handle this. If no one knows when the Cease fire is coming that would make all matches count. You team would never know if that was the last match to keep/loss the world till the timer popped.

#12 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:56 PM

Is every reason a reason to say "hu durr, i'm not ganna spend any money until this is fixed"?

I know someone is going to take this way too seriously, and give me some kind of long explaination like "WELL YES MOONUNITBETA, IN FACT, IT IS. SO. THERE."

Posted Image

GUYS! PGI DID SOMETHING AND IT ISN'T TAILORED EXACTLY TO MY NEEDS OR HOW I LIKE IT. I'M F!K$N BOYCOTTING THEM, MAN! I heard that, like, gives me power, or somethinggg? OH NO. IT DOESN'T. I REMEMBER THAT ALLLLL OF YOU HAVE TO DO THE SAME! YEAH! TAKE MY LEAD PEOPLE! RIOT ABOUT 1AM CEASEFIRE! PROTEST! BOYCOTT! THROW ANY RATIONALE OUT OF THE WINDOW, THIS IS GOOD ENOUGH! LETS DO THIS! YEA.... YEAAAAAA....... Yeah guys c'mon... like.. c'mon guys... ya... it's a revolution? row row, fight the powa? personal army? anyone?

Alright, i won't boycott them. I just will keep playing their game... FOR FREE! ahhahahah. playing the system man, i'm tell ya. Playin. Tha. Systeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem.

And yes, I am heavily mocking the OP.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 08 January 2015 - 12:01 AM.

#13 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:59 PM

Anyone that wants to boycott because of this new change, please realize that while you have to adjust your playtime by 1 hour there are a bunch of EU and Asia players who can and will actually participate in CW. Even if you stop playing, several people will step up to take your place and your absence will not be noticed.

#14 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:01 AM

The east coast units can set the tone and pace for the West coast units. I think it is a great idea. It will keep the population up, include the Asian and EU players and have all their hard work and dedication to CW pay off, instead of losing all their advances to ghost drops, and it will encourage cooperation and communication between faction members. While it is not prime for east coast players, we can at least give our west coast allies the boost they need to finish the job for us.

Edited by Von Blumen, 08 January 2015 - 12:02 AM.

#15 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

While I kinda liked it ending on East Coast time, the fact that people are complaining that the West Coasters of the US can actually contribute... I find the selfishness a bit appalling.

#16 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:06 AM

I hope everyone is aware that 10pm PST is when ceasefire ends. Ceasefire actually begins 40 minutes earlier at 9:20pm PST or 12:20 EST.

It is only one hour later guys!

Edited by pwnface, 08 January 2015 - 12:06 AM.

#17 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

OP, I just hope you are kidding? Right?
If you're not, k thx bye.

#18 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

View Postpwnface, on 08 January 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

I hope everyone is aware that 10pm PST is when ceasefire ends. Ceasefire actually begins 40 minutes earlier at 9:20pm PST or 12:20 EST.

It is only one hour later guys!

BUT NO MAN! DIDN'T YOU HEAR OP?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????

I quote:

This new 1:00 AM CF time excludes every player who works a dayshift job that lives on the US East Coast.

EXCLUDES. EVERY. PLAYER. WHO WORKS. A DAY SHIFT.
Folks on the East Coast got routines, man. ROUTINES! It is a regional LAW that every single damn player who works a day shift job on the east coast's bedtime starts at 11:20pm. You don't mess with that or you get the wooden spoon! The new time at TWELVE-TWENTY is an HOUR PAST BEDTIME! And they can't play otherwise they get the wooden spoon!
EVERYONE KNOWS THAT ON THE. EAST. COAST!
So what are they to do. I MEAN REALLY. WHAT ARE THEY TO DO?!

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 08 January 2015 - 12:29 AM.

#19 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:46 AM

Although my first thought being that a rotating time window would have been my preference, thinking on it, the 3 windows is the better idea.

3 windows means that what you actually do in CW will have more impact, as there is a shorter window to capture/defend a planet, so your results and where you fight matters.

It also covers the whole globe on a daily basis, so theres no "no ceasefires happening today in my timezone, I don't need to play". i.e. it encourages participation.

#20 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:34 AM

Go Seahawks.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users