313 replies to this topic

#21 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:39 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 January 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

All I ask is that if it gets debuffed and the comp teams move to something else and faceroll you exactly the same that you come here and make a big post about how you just aren't any good at this game and clearly everyone else who plays IS in CW is clearly better, because bluntly we all dealt just fine with the 9S for 5 weeks prior to this and don't even consider it an issue and it was clearly too much for Clanners to deal with.

Which you won't, I know that. Still though.... that's what's happening. Not you being bad; no idea if you're good or bad or whatever. The 9S though, we beat them every day. So much so that nobody even bothers to bring the wall of 9S anymore. We have a term for it but it's not forum appropriate. It's old meta. Nice to have a few for defending Boreal but otherwise it's not meta unless you're a comp 12man.

I like this post. You as a IS player (and your unit) ... did: "all dealt just fine with the 9S for 5 weeks prior to this and don't even consider it an issue" - this is nice to know that IS-Mechs are heatefficent brawling to overcome the wall with heatefficent ac20/srm/wubwub or ac5 dakka quirked Mechs or just rush opponents down with 2 to 3 150kph light waves. Harr Harr Harr. I like it.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 10 January 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#22 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:40 PM

Oh noes! I can't take my ridiculously tanky 4xSRM6 Timberwolves and 5xSRM6 Stormcrows and brawl mechs that has a 3.5 DPS!

#23 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 09 January 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:

The clans no longer have the range advantage, so they should move to brawling? Yeah, overheating while getting shot with PPD IS ac/20s sounds super fun.

For your first wave on Boreal?

Yes, you probably should. Again - I get this is a change in tactics for some folks but you have 4 waves open to you, each should be built differently and for a different purpose. Attacking Boreal against a long range poke defense you get in, eat some shots and wreck face - that or you zerg and scatter. 12 myst lynx isn't going to be much different from 12 spiders against the TDR 9S. Again - they are slow. zerg past, clear the ogens. They won't get from F6 back to ogen 1-3 before you've cleared all 3 and are wrecking Omega. They'll have 2-4 lights. You'll lose 4-6 of you before the remaining 6-8 wreck the ogens.

Sometimes we do this in 100kph mediums; they are much, much faster at destroying the ogens and if the other team is slow on the response you can get all the ogens and about 50% of omega before they put you down and that's wave 1. If you're a total rat ******* you have 2 waves of lights and throw them wave 1, and if you don't see them all eject and switch up mechs you do it for wave 2 again and end it in less than 5 minutes.

Which is why nobody runs the TDR 9S exclusive defense anymore except top tier comp units who can consistently shoot the legs off 12 lights mechs at 600m in the total 20 seconds of clear fire they have before you're into the channels and hills and cover.

Make alt accounts. Come drop IS vs IS and watch how we do it. We don't have TWs and Stormcrows; we have to actually make some very specific decisions about all 4 waves in our deck and build them carefully. Some people have 8 or even 16 mechs for CW; you see where you're droping and you adjust accordingly. Most of us just build for 4 specific jobs and make sure we've got a mech that will do alright on Sulfur or Boreal for each task.

#24 Linkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:47 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 January 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

Everyone else has worked out dealing with the TDR 9S. Your problem is the TDR 9S being used by top tier comp teams.

CLEARLY WE JUST DO NOT SEE THE TRUE POWER OF THAT FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL TDR-9S.

It's a trap!!!

???

Seriously though, this^, play them in reg que, no problem. Play them in CW, find a 8-10 man, yea, they hurt, but guess what, anything will hurt with a 8-10 man versus an uncoordinated pug group. Please note the uncoordinated tag there, have seen/been in pugs that work well, its just rareish.

#25 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

The 9S is not the reason for clans losing on all borders.

I got the mech yesterday (used the cbills i held back for it, couldn't resists with the sale, even with a nerf probably incoming) and yes, it wrecks face.
Got a k/d of 3.0, which is pretty solid considering i played it without basics skills, with a small group in groupqueue and lost 3/4 of those matches.

Many big units switched from Clan to Is. Alot of PUGs and small units stopped playing CW entirely.
The clans didn't stop defending.
There is simply no one there to defend for the clans.

#26 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:51 PM

View PostDan the Ice Man, on 09 January 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

doesn't the awesome have something very similar for quirks?

no its a lot lesser

#27 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

View PostKuritaclan, on 09 January 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

I like this post. You as a IS player (and you unit) ... did: "all dealt just fine with the 9S for 5 weeks prior to this and don't even consider it an issue" - this is nice to know that is is heatefficent brawling to overcome the wall with heatefficent ac20/srm/wubwub quirked Mechs or just rush opponents down with 2 to 3 150kph light waves. Harr Harr Harr. I like it.

Not just me - everyone in the IS. The Atlas rush works well too; you could do it with Warhawks covering for Stormcrows. Also the Anansi (whatever the spider hero is)/Raven 3L/Huggin/Jenner with Narc swarm with 4 LRM 60 stalkers can be funny too; 8 NARC lights who spill over the walls on both gates and get immediately into cover, narc as many as possible than run off to kill ogens while the TDR 9S' eat LRMs with the complete lack of LRM cover at F6.

There's a huge number of options that are going to work just fine for the Clans. One of them is NOT 'stay at range and poke back'. Pretty much every other option works.

Come play IS vs IS. I say this a lot but at this point this is trying to convince people LRMs are not OPed. The TDR 9S is a great mech in its element - sniping. Everything you do to deal with dual gauss or ERLLs or any other sniper meta works.

#28 Linkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCA

Small group here- will admit, this week and last week have been painful in CW. But, maybe the stocking event the week before helped us out... unsure.

IS small groups- is is rough for you too?

#29 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:54 PM

View PostTywren, on 09 January 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

Yes, and it's also a very often used build in CW, the T-Bolt wins out in popularity for 2 reasons. First it's faster, second PGI had a contest last year where everyone who won 5 matches got a free T-Bolt 9S, so it's a mech a lot of people already have.

This and other 2 reasons:
- 15 tons less
- better hitboxes

#30 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 January 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

For your first wave on Boreal?

Yes, you probably should. Again - I get this is a change in tactics for some folks but you have 4 waves open to you, each should be built differently and for a different purpose. Attacking Boreal against a long range poke defense you get in, eat some shots and wreck face - that or you zerg and scatter. 12 myst lynx isn't going to be much different from 12 spiders against the TDR 9S. Again - they are slow. zerg past, clear the ogens. They won't get from F6 back to ogen 1-3 before you've cleared all 3 and are wrecking Omega. They'll have 2-4 lights. You'll lose 4-6 of you before the remaining 6-8 wreck the ogens.

Sometimes we do this in 100kph mediums; they are much, much faster at destroying the ogens and if the other team is slow on the response you can get all the ogens and about 50% of omega before they put you down and that's wave 1. If you're a total rat ******* you have 2 waves of lights and throw them wave 1, and if you don't see them all eject and switch up mechs you do it for wave 2 again and end it in less than 5 minutes.

Which is why nobody runs the TDR 9S exclusive defense anymore except top tier comp units who can consistently shoot the legs off 12 lights mechs at 600m in the total 20 seconds of clear fire they have before you're into the channels and hills and cover.

Make alt accounts. Come drop IS vs IS and watch how we do it. We don't have TWs and Stormcrows; we have to actually make some very specific decisions about all 4 waves in our deck and build them carefully. Some people have 8 or even 16 mechs for CW; you see where you're droping and you adjust accordingly. Most of us just build for 4 specific jobs and make sure we've got a mech that will do alright on Sulfur or Boreal for each task.

What i find sad is...don t do brawling in CW...just do a zerg rush or die losing....thats a why i ve stop playing lol

Wait a lot of minutes for so small cbill and xp...not worth the experience.

THey should have do like in MWLL. That is what i call a true planet conquest!!!

Many little base on a vast map....if you walk into a 12 man group without spreading....you wont win...so you don t have choice to spread in smaller groups 2-3 to take as many base as possible.

Those maps were big...it could take a lot of minutes to reach each sides... Many open space and many close range fight terrain. it was true Battletech maps.

+ you had repair bay, turrets on bases (not overpowered turrets but some decents ones)

Who did play Mechwarrior Living Legend?

Man i miss MWLL...not enough players anymore :(

Edited by Augustus Martelus II, 10 January 2015 - 12:00 AM.

#31 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:00 AM

I gave up because of too long waiting time, and... 2 maps where it happened always the same stuff.....

#32 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:01 AM

++ the match were LONG!!!! 45 mins to over an hour of pure fun and strategy.

#33 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:04 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 09 January 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

even the best uac 5 dire runs out of ammo ;) And since you can't bring 2 into battle (tonnage limit no 20t mechs available on clan side) you are unlikely to bring down 3 waves of tdrs with it. Also DWFs are a bit slow to close the distance.

Honestly, i'm usualy dead, before i can burn through the 8.5 tons of ammo. And yes it's way too slow to try closing distance with anything, but for defence on Surpher it works, all you have to do is park covering Alpha gate, and wait.

View Postshad0w4life, on 09 January 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

Would you pick it to trade shots with a 9s @ 1000M?

Maybe, I'd have to see what the damage drop off chart looks like after factoring in level 5 range efficiencies. But until i manage to unlock level 5 for range, i'll have to pass.

#34 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 January 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

Also the Anansi (whatever the spider hero is)/Raven 3L/Huggin/Jenner with Narc swarm with 4 LRM 60 stalkers can be funny too; 8 NARC lights who spill over the walls on both gates and get immediately into cover, narc as many as possible than run off to kill ogens while the TDR 9S' eat LRMs with the complete lack of LRM cover at F6.

Yeah this option is nice with AWS 8T 25 range quirk + module for 1350m lrms.

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 January 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

The Atlas rush works well too; you could do it with Warhawks covering for Stormcrows.

Hmm not really WHKs arn't doing well compared to DDCs covering the team. SCRs are fine but the full scr 1 up to 3 cycle rush was never a thing, since it sucks nuts like the light rush, therfore it frowned upon. But clan behavior doesn't apply to IS surats xD.

View PostTywren, on 10 January 2015 - 12:04 AM, said:

Honestly, i'm usualy dead, before i can burn through the 8.5 tons of ammo. And yes it's way too slow to try closing distance with anything, but for defence on Surpher it works, all you have to do is park covering Alpha gate, and wait.

I like the dualgauss erppc smalllaser 4mg combo more for defence. since you can pretty much pinpoint onshot everything what try to hit omega, in a Backstab (i mostly use it to counter is light rushs - its like "beef craB"). - and if does not fall instant mg/smalllaser will kill it rather quickly ;)

Edited by Kuritaclan, 10 January 2015 - 12:10 AM.

#35 tezzaa

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

i played LL befor MWO and it was awesome, long tom tank etc :P mad cat MKII's, even power armor and micro PPC's :D

#36 Acheron Blade

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

View PostTywren, on 09 January 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

I think at least some of the dropoff for the Clans has been caused by units like mine who take 2 week contracts, and switch between Clan and IS so they have a chance to use all of their mechs.

This is the main reason. Once some majorly good units switched to IS, Clans started losing territory like crazy. Just like when those units were fighting for Clans, IS was getting crushed. This is the main reason the borders are changing...not because of mech loadouts/quirks/etc.

I guarantee if all the good units go back to Clans, clans will be stomping all over the IS again.

#37 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:42 AM

View PostAcheron Blade, on 10 January 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

This is the main reason. Once some majorly good units switched to IS, Clans started losing territory like crazy. Just like when those units were fighting for Clans, IS was getting crushed. This is the main reason the borders are changing...not because of mech loadouts/quirks/etc.

I guarantee if all the good units go back to Clans, clans will be stomping all over the IS again.

Go away with your logic, reasoning, and sense. This needs to turn into a "nerf the 9S" thread. :ph34r:

#38 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:49 AM

View PostSable, on 09 January 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

the Thunderbroke has stopped me from dropping for CW and i've only been doing pug drops.

I'm sorry but that is just pathetic. IS players have been dealing with long range pinpoint Alphas from Dire Whales and Timbies and even Storm Crows since Community Warfare started.

Now the IS gets one Mech that does a long range 30 point alpha and Clan players are throwing their toys out of their cots because of it...?!

Get a grip.

View Posttezzaa, on 10 January 2015 - 12:18 AM, said:

i played LL befor MWO and it was awesome, long tom tank etc :P mad cat MKII's, even power armor and micro PPC's :D

What I miss most was the Hawkmoth VTOL. CryEngine has the code for such a vehicle pretty much ready to go. What shame we don't have it in MWO.

#39 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:54 AM

Just a couple of... "Duh...." points.

1. The 9S hasn't suddenly been buffed during the time CW has been a thing has it? During the opening couple of weeks of CS the Clans were wrecking the IS and they were doing better than all the IS powers other than Davion, who didn't have to face them.

The clans no longer have the range advantage, so they should move to brawling? Yeah, overheating while getting shot with PPD IS ac/20s sounds super fun.

2. I hate it when I face a horde of 9S Thunderbolts that have tons of ERPPCs AND AC/20s. <_<

#40 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:59 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 10 January 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

2. I hate it when I face a horde of 9S Thunderbolts that have tons of ERPPCs AND AC/20s. <_<

Yep, then we hear advices like "you have range advantage" and that "we should brawl". Well, no range advantage over that ERPPC Thunderbreak, and no weapon like IS AC20...

Anyway, as it currently goes factions are dependant on NA TZ units to do the flipping. Our NA TZ guys went to different factions so we started loosing planets. Should be better after 20th but until then there are limitations we can't do a thing about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users