Ppc And Er-Ppc Needing Nerfed Again.

93 replies to this topic

#21 Iron Felix

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

yes...exactly....we need to turn the trend around......we need to go from "nerfing" to "buffing"........stop nerfing individual stuff, and start buffing everything...omfg, please....

#22 Ryoko Kombat

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

#23 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:39 PM

A nerf huh? Wrong.

The overbuffed PPC quirk mechs are the issue. It is NOT the weapon, it is the silly thing called quirks that these devs cant seem to manage.

#24 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

PGI looks at metrics - they decide when "X" is too good and needs to adjusted or when something needs to be improved.

Somehow this "Kim Jong Il looking at things" images come to my mind.
Would be great if besides looking at metrics, they could also draw some proper conclusions from them.

On Topic:
The (ER)PPC isnt a problem at all, its one of the worse weapon systems around. The problem is one slightly overquirked mech.
Change the PPC? Fine. Buff it and lower the quirks of effected mechs accordingly.
Instant pinpoint convergence at any distance while moving around doesnt help the issue either but its here to stay.

View PostIron Felix, on 10 January 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

forget the nerfing...relax the heat penalties in general across the board and we will see more enjoyable gaming
..increase the travel speeds of higher caliber ballistics, and speed up their firing rate
decrease laser duration times..be able to link more same type weapons without heat spiking...remove the gauss rifle restriction on firing more than 2 at once

So you want a close-to-instagib shooter where some mechs are one- and most two-hit kills?
TTK is already on the lower end. If they ever manage to get hitreg working reliably it will get even worse.

Besides that, PGI most likelty wont care at all about nerf/buff threads here.

Edited by occusoj, 10 January 2015 - 02:40 PM.

#25 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

More forum whine. PGI, please ignore.

#26 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

As much as I like the ability for PPC to deal damage to other parts of the opponent's 'mech I kind of miss the PPC/ER PPC's ability to deal heat damage as well like how they work in Mechwarrior 3.

Are you upset about not being able to utilize a PPC? Do they not match your style of fighting? Are you more of a LRM/SRM or a Ballistic thrower? Do you prefer the slice and dice action of lasers?

If you think PPC/ER PPC are overpowered.. you should try using them more. Or maybe get those modules to beef up the efficiency of the weapons you prefer to use instead of trying to prove that a certain feature of the game you don't know how to operate needs to be nerfed in any way.

Learn Adapt and Overcome!

View PostTaynak, on 10 January 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

This is a call for both clan and innershpere.... the ppc's are everywhere... people are oping them and you have teams of 12 pugs with all ppc...

this game is just a pile of boring most of the time because of these imbalances... please fix this... would like to see more than one type of build out there..

#27 Clydewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

If the hit reg for PPCs worked more reliably, they would be dangerous.

#28 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

Nope
Just stop crying.

This is a call for both clan and innershpere.... the ppc's are everywhere... people are oping them and you have teams of 12 pugs with all ppc...

this game is just a pile of boring most of the time because of these imbalances... please fix this... would like to see more than one type of build out there..

Never thought I'd see one.
A crying snake.

#29 pvtjamesr

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

I actually think ppc's need a SMALL buff to their projectile speed, but mechs like the Thunderbolt need their quirks turned down a bit. Right now I don't see any reason to put ppc's on a clan mech.....but give me a Thunderbolt and i'll run ppc's all day

#30 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

Dference is PPC you fire and forget instant pinpoint , not the cse with lasers.

I sorta see his point.

#31 Antagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

WTB 50% heat reduction for my Warhawk Prime's ER PPCs.

#32 jlawsl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

I see AC5s everywhere, gotta nerf them too. Also, medium lasers...what the hell, almost every mech uses one. I see a bunch of large lasers, erLL, and LPLs...they gotta go.

Facetiousness aside, what else do a lot of energy heavy mechs have? Many of them can't even use PPCs of any type effectively. To make them even close to effective on a mech that isn't a light, you have to take more then one. That kills a lot of mechs heat efficiency. Aside from a select few mechs that get quirks, they are pretty slow with a critical drawback(min range on normal ppcs) or they put out 5 times the heat of an AC 10, or 15 times the heat of an AC5 in the case of an ERPPC while only doing 5 more damage and being almost as slow as the ac10.

It isn't some game ending weapon. Outside of Boreal vault or in any other game mode then cw, even the supposedly "OP" TDR-9S isn't that great. I know its apples and oranges, but try taking a heavy(with no quirks for it) with ONE ERPPC and 3-4 medium lasers, max heat sinks and a decent engine, compare the damage output and heat to a mech with the same loadout but with 2 ac5s or an ac10. The "backup" weapons just make a lackluster weapon go heat monster on you.

Better yet-get something like a KCC-0000 and a KCC-000, load the 0000 with even 4 normal ppcs, heck even 3, all heasinks and a decent engine, then take it to the testing grounds, see how well it does vs a 000 with 4 ac5s or 4uac5s and just one or two engine heatsinks. Then alpha as many times as you can with each and tell me how broken ppcs are. Bonus round, do it with ERPPCs and you won't think that they are some uber weapon.

#33 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

All I have to say: http://z0r.de/5729

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 January 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Oh, I have also one for that in my collection:

http://z0r.de/2757

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 10 January 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#34 55555

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:12 PM

change erppc? no.

change ppc? no.

change clan erppc? no.

gitgud.

#35 Rokuzachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

I think the Cicada 3C is a good example of an ERPPC-using mech that has great quirks for it, but is pretty well balanced because of the fact that it can only ever mount one of them.

#36 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

the only thing that needs nerfed is pinpoint

#37 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:08 PM

Posted Image

:ph34r:

With that posted, I'd like to take a look at our heat system!

#38 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:11 PM

PPCs are anything but the problem. This made me laugh. If a player (especially clan or non quirked IS) is able to do this well, more props to them. You realize even quirked mechs, PPCS are much hotter than comparable direct fire.

I like the place PPCS are at.

More valid weapons make the game more interesting.

Edited by Cerlin, 10 January 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#39 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

yea you know, when I get a papercut on my finger, the only clear solution is to remove my entire arm

UNless you're facehugging or standing dead still pinpoint damage from multiple weapons is a non issue

Edited by cSand, 10 January 2015 - 09:13 PM.

#40 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

make up your minds already seven suns! i JUST started playing my awesome 9M again

Edited by Dan the Ice Man, 10 January 2015 - 09:22 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users