#21 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:18 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

So if it's lack of interest.... the better question is why is hitting Wolf and not the other Clans.

Because getting ghost drops planets is much more easier than actually fighting for it. Most of the IS push into Wolf have been ghost wins.

#22 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:28 AM

In a smaller EU unit, we just skip it.
Too many pugs or units playing like total crap.
No fun there, sorry.

#23 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:32 AM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 14 January 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:

Meh. Stopped playing CW.

People kept posting with TS servers saying I could find people to drop with, but every time I logged into one it was a ghost town.

also

The wait + lack of CBills + High likelihood of getting stomped by a mouthy 12man due to overall lack of CW population = not worth my time.

Get on the Wolf Hub TS server...there are always some of my guys on there.

#24 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostFox Kell, on 14 January 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

Yep, this ^^^. Until they fix it up and make it fun, our unit is having alot more fun in public drops. And yes, it will reset when they finally decide to take the beta tag off, so im not worried about that.

Considering Russ is saying no reset on Twitter.... where are you getting your "a reset is coming..." info from?

View PostFox Kell, on 14 January 2015 - 06:18 AM, said:

Because getting ghost drops planets is much more easier than actually fighting for it. Most of the IS push into Wolf have been ghost wins.

Are the other clans immune to Ghost Drops? Again... Ghost Drops, like Firestarters and Thunderbolts are something every Clan Faction has to face. Why are they killing Wolf and not JF, CMJ, and GB?

#25 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 14 January 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

I know the wolves I talked to dont play CW for some of the following reasons.

1) It got really boring really fast.
2) 8-12 Firestarter rush.
3) 6+ 3 ERPPC Thunderbolts.
4) Long waits for matches.
5) Short fights because of number 2 and 3 which led to number 1 which then led to number 4 which led to your topic.

1.) Not really, we are fighting for Terra gentlemen.
2.) Streak Crows, bring one.
3.) Really? They are OP...sure...but not unbeatable. Focus fire, and play only defense for our planets. Will help you regain the advantage back.
4.) Not on contested planets...usually under 5 minutes for us, sometimes under 2 minutes.
5.) You are doing it wrong.

View PostxDisturbedx, on 14 January 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

Simple answer: It's boring and no one cares anymore. One game mode, 2 really bad maps. Yawn.

That is a weak excuse at best. We are fighting for worlds. The map is NOT going to reset, so we need EVERYONE to do something about it.

View PostFox Kell, on 14 January 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

Yep, this ^^^. Until they fix it up and make it fun, our unit is having alot more fun in public drops. And yes, it will reset when they finally decide to take the beta tag off, so im not worried about that.

No, per Russ via twitter, no reset will come...

Gentlemen, we have our bed, we need to make it.

#26 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:40 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

Considering Russ is saying no reset on Twitter.... where are you getting your "a reset is coming..." info from?

Are the other clans immune to Ghost Drops? Again... Ghost Drops, like Firestarters and Thunderbolts are something every Clan Faction has to face. Why are they killing Wolf and not JF, CMJ, and GB?

NUMBERS. We have none right now.

#27 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:58 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

He hasnt straight up said "no reset" or "yes reset". He simply wont say, and I dont blame him, why would he say a reset is coming, CW would be even emptier than it is now. Every beta MMO gets reset.

Also all are hitting Wolf cuz of no resistance.

#28 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:03 AM

View PostGyrok, on 14 January 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

NUMBERS. We have none right now.

That tends to happen when you have MASSIVELY RP heavy units trying to wrangle pugs, AND you get targeted by mercstar, which has a habit of making other people's lives miserable.

Also this tbolt/firestarter whining business is silly. The tbolts are OP, but not THAT op, the only nerf they should be getting is one that makes their ER PPCs the same heat or slightly hotter than standard PPCs, and firestarters are just good mechs, just because a mech is good doesn't mean you get to complain about it, crying nerf every time you see someone performing well isn't a sign of the something being OP, its a sign that you are refusing to change your game in response, and trust me, there's just as much bitching about scarecrows on the IS side and they aren't OP either.

TLDR: your faction is getting shafted, and thus your players are throwing a hissyfit.

Edited by pbiggz, 14 January 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#29 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:25 AM

He hasnt straight up said "no reset" or "yes reset".

Not on the forums, but on Twitter he did say they have no plans to do resets with the CW map.

#30 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

Not on the forums, but on Twitter he did say they have no plans to do resets with the CW map.

Trying to find that on his Twitter, cant find it, must have been said awhile ago? Plans always change.

Edited by Fox Kell, 14 January 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#31 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 14 January 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

That tends to happen when you have MASSIVELY RP heavy units trying to wrangle pugs, AND you get targeted by mercstar, which has a habit of making other people's lives miserable.

Also this tbolt/firestarter whining business is silly. The tbolts are OP, but not THAT op, the only nerf they should be getting is one that makes their ER PPCs the same heat or slightly hotter than standard PPCs, and firestarters are just good mechs, just because a mech is good doesn't mean you get to complain about it, crying nerf every time you see someone performing well isn't a sign of the something being OP, its a sign that you are refusing to change your game in response, and trust me, there's just as much bitching about scarecrows on the IS side and they aren't OP either.

TLDR: your faction is getting shafted, and thus your players are throwing a hissyfit.

Agreed, the heat is the issue with the 9S.

Agreed, firestarter is no different than TWs and SCRs.

Wolves must pick themselves up and get back into this.

View PostFox Kell, on 14 January 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

Trying to find that on his Twitter, cant find it, must have been said awhile ago? Ppans always change.

NO. RESET.

So, please guys, come join us on the Wolf Hub and let us hit some planets together to take back glory for Clan Wolf!

#32 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 14 January 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

No hissy fit at all, most on Wolf are simply taking a break from CW.

Also regarding thunderbolts, its not that its OP, its the fact most comp teams bring 6+ in a match proves its very effective, moreso than any other mech. As for firestarters, hitreg is a well known issue, u dont even need to be a good pilot to get 2-3 kills in a firestarter. And 12 of them kinda gets boring real quick.

After doing very well in CW, we got bored of it. When they introduce new stuff and improve on some issues, we will be back in time. We have tested it and gave our feedback, we currently just await improvements.

#33 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:08 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

I'm shocked... shocked I tell you... that clan players who saw nothing wrong with Clan wins at 90% over equally skilled IS foes are now unwilling to fight at even or even at a slight disadvantage themselves. Oddly enough Smoke Jag,Ghost Bear, and Jade Falcon ((all of whom face the same Firestarter/Thunderbolt Meta)) are making inroads into the IS.

Maybe they are just better. :(

Or to put it in a table...

Last Night....

CGB +2

CJF +1

CSJ +1

CW -1

The only Clan getting pushed back right now is Wolf, the other clans are doing pretty good.

And totals....

CGB +28 Worlds, Most Worlds Taken by any clan, Most Worlds Taken by any FACTION.
CSJ +16 Worlds, 2nd Most Worlds Taken by any clan, 3rd most Worlds taken by any FACTION.
CJF +10 Worlds, 3rd Most Worlds Taken by any clan, 5th most Worlds Taken by any Faction
CW -5 Dead Last amoung the clans, 6th among all factions.

The Clans as a whole are doing better than the IS. 3 of the top 5 factions are Clans,2 of the Top 3 factions are Clan. Only Wolf is losing worlds, where 4 IS factions have greater negative world types.

As such: If wolf is really saying it's the Firestarters and Thunderbolts that are causing them to fail, they need some training from any other clan on how to deal with them because the other clans aren't having the same problem.

To quote yourself...
"Even more so when those dots on the screen give you no in game advantage and losing them doesn't cause you any disadvantage." End quote...

So why do u come on here and post all those numbers you say yourself are pointless.

#34 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:24 AM

Oh I have a stalker. Fun! The dots on the board don't give any rewards or penalties, however they do show who is winning or losing in CW.

Add on: Eventually they are supposed to have some sort of meaning.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 14 January 2015 - 08:32 AM.

#35 Will HellFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:32 AM

Yeah..."The map WILL NOT reset"....bullshit....they will reset when they can hope to bring more players in by resetting, which is when they have _remotely_ make CW fun.

Which is NOT at the moment.

So yeah, cry all you want for your lost wolf puppies, there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason to fight for "this" IS PGI has given us.

#36 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

Oh I have a stalker. Fun! The dots on the board don't give any rewards or penalties, however they do show who is winning or losing in CW.

So u actually care who wins in a beta?

Listen I dont want to argue a beta game mode. Yes Wolf is losing alot of planets, its not because they are bad pilots, its because most of its Units dont play CW anymore.

The fact that we were once furthest south while fighting 3 fronts and our own allies (apparently) shows that we have some of the best. CW is just not fun anymore, a break from it was required. That is all.

#37 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

When was Wolf ever ahead? Because of some fluke with the map they might have had a further southern planet at some point, but going by number of planets taken from Day 5 on I can't find any time when wolves had a + greater than GB.

Found information from Days 1 - 5 and it doesn't look like Wolf ever has taken more planets than GB.

Found a time lapse map. Yeah Wolf started the game further south than GB and had a very narrow invasion corridor. So from Day 1-10 they had further southern planets but had taken far fewer planets. By Day 13 the Total was GB +17 W +6 ((Just to show how many extra planets GB had to take to be even slightly further south.))

Edited by Alexander Steel, 14 January 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#38 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:47 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

View PostGyrok, on 14 January 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

NO. RESET.

So, please guys, come join us on the Wolf Hub and let us hit some planets together to take back glory for Clan Wolf!

Where (WITH LINK) on Russ's Twitter feed did he say - or even hint at - there would be no map reset?

As of the writing of this post, Russ' latest tweet was a response to Roadbeer from yesterday (Jan 13) at 2:23pm (see here), and none of his tweets going back to Jan. 1 contain the character string "reset".

Either provide a direct link to this supposed "no reset" tweet by Russ, or acknowledge that there is no such tweet.

#39 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:08 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 14 January 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

Where (WITH LINK) on Russ's Twitter feed did he say - or even hint at - there would be no map reset?

As of the writing of this post, Russ' latest tweet was a response to Roadbeer from yesterday (Jan 13) at 2:23pm (see here), and none of his tweets going back to Jan. 1 contain the character string "reset".

Either provide a direct link to this supposed "no reset" tweet by Russ, or acknowledge that there is no such tweet.

Listen to the last town hall, that's where I heard it.

All the quitters that left because they were bored or left because they started seeing other 12 mans and have rationalized it by saying "I'll come back after beta and everything is back to square 1" piss me off.

Edited by Kain Thul, 14 January 2015 - 09:09 AM.

#40 I L L

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

So no one has answered this question: Why should we care at all? We're losing flashing blips of light, that are representing a broken game mode, inside an even more broken game. If we lose planets, do we lose the ability to play the game? No. I'm not saying I WANT to lose all the planets, but what I'm saying is at present we have absolutely no incentive to care about the map. There is no income from the planets, and even if there were, the coffers at present have no purpose. The attack corridors are seemingly random, disappearing at times because PGI. So the argument being that we're "pushing to Terra" is in reality the weak one. If you're so in love with this broken game mode, have fun and play it. Just leave anyone who doesn't want to alone, I'm sure they have a good reason, one of about a thousand.

Also Gyrok, I haven't seen CWDG pop up on any planets recently, so maybe you're not contributing as much as you think you are.

Edited by xDisturbedx, 14 January 2015 - 09:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users