It's 3v1 in your favour, Enemy calls for Zellbrigen. Will you respect it?

208 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you respect zellbrigen if called? (604 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you respect zellbrigen if called?

1. Yes, it is an honourable and fair way to fight and to show my prowess. (303 votes [50.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.17%

2. I will decline and proceed to win conventionally. (237 votes [39.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.24%

3. Voted No, I will agree but then cheat to ensure victory. (64 votes [10.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Critical Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 250 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Do the inner sphere thing and swamp them with superior numbers ensuring victory, no need for some ego boost over winning a 1 on 1 duel.

#22 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

I'd do it, sounds like fun and it would be more interesting.

#23 BFalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  • LocationEgremont, Cumbria, UK

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostLinkin, on 28 June 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

Normally I would gonna go with the all's fair idea... but given the situation the OP outlined, I would be inclined to honor the request for 1v1.

Even though you'll be in an IS mech and he'll have double heatsinks and the other perks that a clan mech bring?

#24 Outrider01

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

I would laugh at their attemp to LARP a non-existant group of humans in a fake universe then have the other guys in my lance gang up on him.

#25 Aron

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCologne

People would just ask for it every time I guess, as a team game you shouldn't be rewarded with a "better chance to win" if your team did something severely wrong! Nice idea tho!

#26 Feindfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNew Hessen

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

As the weird, fanatic clan warrior is filling the com-channels with rants about honor and and rules of noble combat i order the surviving members of my lance to hit him with all we got left. We need all Mechs we got in top condition if we want to stand a chance against those fanatics, and i ain't get paid for fighting fair, and i can't accomplish missions with damaged mechs that have to sit in the repair bay for the next weeks.

#27 Linkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

View PostBFalcon, on 28 June 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

Even though you'll be in an IS mech and he'll have double heatsinks and the other perks that a clan mech bring?

Edit: I just re read the op and it says we are both in IS mechs.

That said, even if it was a clanner,

Yep, shiny weapons and armor aren't that intimidating :) a bit more seriously, it didn't specifiy levels of equipment, maybe my IS mech will some clan tech on it, or maybe I pirated a clan mech, or I'll just have to hope I'm a better shot!

Edited by Linkin, 28 June 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#28 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

ah work ethics, Yes in fact I would, but for me it's not about honor, or cheating for that matter. As a mercenary it's my job to secure and complete business contracts, and anything that puts the last enemy in my crosshair is something I can appreciate.

clanners are... an odd people, honestly you can complete most is contracts involving clanners just by using their honor code against them and dueling their commander. Not to mention if you gain the respect of the clanners more contracting oppertunities arise.

all this faction bullshit? nah. I never was very good with picking sides, but I'm good at what I do so I sell it to those desparate and petty fools who think team colors matter and make a mint doing so.

#29 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

I've updated the conditions of battle to reflect tech level:

IS Tech 3049. Imagine if you were playing the beta right now and faced this situation. The enemy pilots a decent brawling mech against your mixed lance.

#30 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

As a clansman at heart, I would welcome the chance to give him an honorable death. But I would tell my lancemates that if I fall, I expect them to finish the mission no matter what.

#31 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Well even back in WW1 fighter pilots sometimes gave one another a reprieve, it was the unspoken code of the sky... so if they AREN'T a tubeborn grown in a vat, then maybe I might extend a courtesy to a fellow "good ol' homegrown the old fashioned way" Mechwarrior

it would depend on my mood

#32 Wildcat

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Wouldnt work in Wolrd of Tanks, and wouldnt work here, Mainly because Free Players are only looking out for them selfs... if they have the advantage, they will use it....

But... these 3 may not have the skill in anycase, so its possible to roll over them without calling a Dual... ive smashed 8 as the last man standing to win the match, in a Tiger I... and you know how balanced that tank is in WoT lolz...

So it may be possible to to stand alone vs 3 or more in MWO, all just depends on what those 3 will do... will they work as a team ? or come at you one at a time like they some times did in WoT lol.....

#33 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

If I find him afterwards in his escape pod I'll tell him to speak English next time.

#34 Athena93

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Give up a tactical advantage for honor? My response would involve a gauss rifle slug to the cockpit.

#35 Glythe

• 1,566 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

I've had this same situation come up quite often in World of Tanks. Yesterday I was in my batchat and was the last tank left alive against an enemy T34, Jagtiger and another batchat. I've pretty much given up on asking for one on one duels because they never agree to it as they don't want to lose. I did not lose the fight by the way.... I killed the T34 and the Jagtiger at the same time while the batchat shot at me a few times. Having no honor the batchat retreated for a draw.

I personally would respect such a request in either WoT or MWO as I love a good one on one duel to decide the fight for those foolish enough to be dead.

#36 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

Wrong section.. moving to off topic. Clans

#37 captn rentoshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationTukayyid pass

Zellbrigen? I would HELLbrigen by opening a can of WOOPAgen on that mech 3 on one IS style!

#38 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Mission objectives do not define honor as a necessity? He/she dies, regardless, with all firepower and lowest loss of unit strength which will mean the lance kills him/her with impunity and hope that wherever clanner heaven/hell is he gets a good seat for the rest of our show.

If for some reason the mission dictates that we play by their handicap? So be it so long as the contract pays well....

#39 Stray Ion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

I would but not for honor, but the for the sake of a challenge (plus it means more damage done by me and hopefully means more cbills). Another thing to take into consideration is the time left on the clock. It would be foolish to stay and fight one at a time and having the match end up a draw.

Even if I die I have no control over my lancemates. They may allow me to fight 1 on 1, but then you have to consider their actions when it is one of their turns. Judging by the poll results thus far, one of them will mess it up.

#40 T4nK

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSan Dimas, Ca

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

HONOR??? WHAT IS THIS THING YOU CALL HONOR??? ITS A FREAKING ONLINE GAME! KILL HIM, THEN TEAMKILL MY TEAM MATES FOR EVEN THINKING ABOUT THIS AND WASTING MY INTERNETZ!

Edited by T4nK, 28 June 2012 - 11:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users