It's 3v1 in your favour, Enemy calls for Zellbrigen. Will you respect it?

208 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you respect zellbrigen if called? (604 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you respect zellbrigen if called?

1. Yes, it is an honourable and fair way to fight and to show my prowess. (303 votes [50.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.17%

2. I will decline and proceed to win conventionally. (237 votes [39.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.24%

3. Voted No, I will agree but then cheat to ensure victory. (64 votes [10.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

I would expect a Warrior, to die like a warrior. As I am ready to die, like a warrior, HE should take 3v1, and love it.

#42 Krubarax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 329 posts
  • LocationGBG, Sweden

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

Side note: Your enemy isn't a clanner, he has the same IS tech as you. The time line is 3049, clans haven't arrived

of cours I would
What? Are you guys so insecure of your skills that you are afraid to go 1 on 1?
You can not handle him without the help of your friends?
If we do not honor and respect the warriors we face in combat, and just slaughter them for fun and wanton destruction, we are nothing but simple murderers.

I would accept his challenge, and I would volounteer to go first.
There is no honor to just deliver the final killing blow to an already crippled opponent.
That is basically what veterinaries do.

Should he win, against all odds, he deserved it, and I only wish I would be taken as bondsman and apprentice.

#43 Alex Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

No word such as "zellbringen" in IS dictionary, but I see what you mean.

If it's 3 to 1 in my favor, then I assume it's because the other guy's forces have been obliterated by mine. Throwing away the advantage my team worked for and risk their lives, their mechs and the objective seems like a disservice to them.

Also, the other dude should've fought from the start instead of throwing desperate pleas for handicap after he got whooped.

#44 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

ummm no

#45 Starne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

My response? "Yeah, sure. Whatever." Right after saying that, I tell my team; "As soon as this ***** shows himself, light him up."

#46 latdheretic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

Not a chance, such notions are for wierdo clanners. My objective is to win with minimal damage and risk to my sides pilots and mechs. I would offer him a chance at surrender and should he do so he would be spared and treated fairly for that has even less risk than overwelming my opponent. However should he choose to fight he is going to be mercilessly annialated, and since there is no option to surrender in the computer game. . . I suspect that there is going to be a lot of ganking of the last man standing.

#47 Mobius1

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFreedom city

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

I would, as i would want the same to be true if i were to be outnumbered. Not that it would matter much as i will win regardless of how many mechs they have.

#48 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

This is war, and I'm under contract. If he doesn't die, I don't get paid (and odds are, I may be a little to dead to collect anymore contracts).

My responces is an AC/20 to his cockpit, and a calling in the salvage truck.

#49 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

you also have people that are waiting to get back into the action...by postponing the inevitable it is really being selfish...

#50 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

I am always happy to agree to an honourable one on one duel, however I will still be using alpha strikes and see nothing dishonourable about legging.

#51 Steffenximus

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Although I'm 100% clanner at heart, I know very well the players (who are almost entirely cowards by nature) will never accept this, so stop dreaming. 3v1 isn't so bad. It's winnable if you have the skill.

#52 Mario9

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

I would take on all 3 Mechs and probably take 2 of the ******** down with me ....

#53 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

1v1s are nice. As a Clanner V Clanner, Hell yes, Clan vs Innersphere id probably think twice before saying yes, maybe not so much with Kurita.

But to be honest. I would never expect such a thing to happen, and I'd try my chances as the pilot vs 3. Hell if I can take down two mechs with me before I go down thats certainly more honourable than winning a 1v1. A lot more fun too, and a lot closer to winning.

Edited by Artaire, 28 June 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#54 Ubertron X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

If the enemy is Inner Sphere I might consider the offer, especially if the oponent is aligned to House Kurita.

If the enemy is a clanner, I would gank him as hard as fast as I could as those guys need to learn that war is war and not some kind of stupid game they think it is.

#55 Christian Soleater

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

This is like lining up in neat little rows and shooting at each other until you're dead. When Maurice came up with that tactic, it was to cover a weakness in musket warfare. "Honor" was an attempt at shaming the enemy into not varying their tactics.

You never limit your tactics because of what someone else labels "honorable" or because they've said you're afraid (note subjective honor and basic human ethics are two different things). You win using the tactics that will get you there. So, why on earth would you give up your advantage?

So 3v1 you kill the **** in a combined effort where possible and don't A) increase his odds of doing damage and B ) cost yourself more c-bills that affects your ability to fight long term.

Edited by Christian Soleater, 28 June 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#56 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

I'd have to say it takes alot for me to personally honour Zel. In principle, I voted the third option, to be a deceitful backstabber. The simple reason for this is that all warfare is based on deception, and outside of hacks and aim-bots, if it's already in the game, I use it. A fair fight is not only boring, but wasteful and can offer the opposing team a chance to come back. I dont want that, and despite the clan's way of working things out, I know full well that in a one on one situation, I am NOT the biggest fish in the pond, so I gotta play smart, and that means leveraging every opportunity I can.

#57 Zso Sahal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaa! *devolves into a coughing fit*

no.

First, this is a nonsequitur. They only way this would happen logically in game is that someone is role playing the Clans. However, the clans have not arrived yet. The Wolf's Dragoons cannot be used as an example here, as they have hung their archaic notions of honor on the wall to blend in, so if someone was roleplaying, they'd have no basis for the knowledge they were trying to exploit.

Secondly, that smacks of a fair fight, one that I'm trying my utmost to avoid.

#58 JHare

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

I'm going to make a point to specialize in fighting the clans.
I'm going to use IS tech only.
I'm going to use every dirty trick I know.
I'm gonna make a point of ruining a clanner's precious TimberWolf every chance I get.

IS vs IS I'll play fair because the field is level-ish.
Clan vs IS is no holds barred. If BV is observed, I might relent a bit. Without BV, clan tech is broken and I will destroy it every chance I get.

#59 Tterrag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm not a clanner so yeah if I get into that position I expect them to blast me to pieces cause I'd do the same.
Take it on the chin like a man.

#60 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostCoolant, on 28 June 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

you also have people that are waiting to get back into the action...by postponing the inevitable it is really being selfish...

It might make for a good show though!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users