313 replies to this topic

#1 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

i am completely shocked that the clans haven't made a major push into IS in awhile the last major push i seen was when the smoke jaguars just about made it to Lutheran.

has CW lost that many players or people just gave up in general?

its a shame i am really beginning to wonder if starting to recruit for my merc unit is worth it now

Edited by Dan the Ice Man, 09 January 2015 - 09:27 PM.

#2 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostDan the Ice Man, on 09 January 2015 - 09:26 PM, said:

i am completely shocked that the clans haven't made a major push into IS in awhile the last major push i seen was when the smoke jaguars just about made it to Lutheran.

has CW lost that many players or people just gave up in general?

its a shame i am really beginning to wonder if starting to recruit for my merc unit is worth it now

Just about nobody signed up for the Clans because they wanted a hard challenge.

Populations ebb and flow. Things will change a lot on the 20th.

#3 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Some units had changed factions for the last week. Saw a lot of units changing again last night. I know for ghost bear a few good units have come back for now.

As for CW losing players, i don't know about everyone else but the Thunderbroke has stopped me from dropping for CW and i've only been doing pug drops.

#4 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Two maps? Same cheesy tactics of Stormcrow Congo line or 9S blitz?

People are going to back to normal queues to play on more than just two maps and play with different mechs.

#5 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

View PostSable, on 09 January 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

Some units had changed factions for the last week. Saw a lot of units changing again last night. I know for ghost bear a few good units have come back for now.

As for CW losing players, i don't know about everyone else but the Thunderbroke has stopped me from dropping for CW and i've only been doing pug drops.

ok i have heard soo many poeple about this crap what is the thunderbroke and what is the deal with it i have heard about it but i don't know what it is

#6 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

Many of the Mercs that were helping Clans jumped over to IS to give IS a hand for a while. Has nothing to do with tech or how op something is perceived to be it is pure and simple numbers and Mercs have the highest grouping of active players.

#7 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

View PostDan the Ice Man, on 09 January 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

ok i have heard soo many poeple about this crap what is the thunderbroke and what is the deal with it i have heard about it but i don't know what it is

It's the Thunderbolt 9S, the quirks on it give ERPPCs -50% heat, and +25% projectile speed. And sense the 9S has 6 energy hardpoints, boating nothing but ERPPCs is once again a thing.

#8 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:02 PM

View PostDan the Ice Man, on 09 January 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

ThunderThud

#9 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:02 PM

View PostTywren, on 09 January 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

It's the Thunderbolt 9S, the quirks on it give ERPPCs -50% heat, and +25% projectile speed. And sense the 9S has 6 energy hardpoints, boating nothing but ERPPCs is once again a thing.

doesn't the awesome have something very similar for quirks?

#10 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:05 PM

It's a 15% speed boost but it is significant.

The IS has been dealing with TDRs for 5 weeks now. The Clanners are just struggling (or flat out refusing) to adjust to not having the best long range loadout plus a solid brawling loadout. They'd have to change to focus on close range combat and exploiting the huge advantage the CXL gives them - they don't seem to want to. So the fact that the TDR 9S is top of class for defending Boreal combined with having to play actual comp teams instead of pugs and dontcares looking for 80pts means that a lot of Clanners, those who only enjoy CW when it's a cakewalk, are checking out.

Marik lost 2 worlds per day every day for a couple of weeks to Steiner + Davion and learned to doubledown and get better. They pushed that to a stop, then the ceasefire over the holidays, now they're making up lost ground. They adapted, got better and are IMO some of the best all around players in the game - you don't get cakewalk drops against pugs fighting against Marik. It's comp teams and comp pugs all day every day.

So what you've got is all the chaff being separated from the wheat. There are absolutely some rock solid hardcore Clan players and they're still there, fighting and winning and hopefully adjusting and improving. Just a lot of them were only in it when they were winning.

Davion is filling 12-24 in every active queue on its border tonight. We've been losing 1-2 worlds a day, every day, and are still showing up, now we're stopping some losses and taking some worlds. Some people only want to play when they're going to win all the time.

Not trying to insult people but the whole stink raised over this is just.... absurd. CW can be hard sometimes. Sometimes you lose, and lose for days or weeks. Some groups and factions already have. FRR took a beating for a month. Clanners stop winning every day for a few days and they just quit and walk away.

There is no description for that but feeble. No other term for it.

#11 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 January 2015 - 10:05 PM, said:

The IS has been dealing with TDRs for 5 weeks now. The Clanners are just struggling (or flat out refusing) to adjust to not having the best long range loadout plus a solid brawling loadout. They'd have to change to focus on close range combat and exploiting the huge advantage the CXL gives them - they don't seem to want to. So the fact that the TDR 9S is top of class for defending Boreal combined with having to play actual comp teams instead of pugs and dontcares looking for 80pts means that a lot of Clanners, those who only enjoy CW when it's a cakewalk, are checking out.

Marik lost 2 worlds per day every day for a couple of weeks to Steiner + Davion and learned to doubledown and get better. They pushed that to a stop, then the ceasefire over the holidays, now they're making up lost ground. They adapted, got better and are IMO some of the best all around players in the game - you don't get cakewalk drops against pugs fighting against Marik. It's comp teams and comp pugs all day every day.

So what you've got is all the chaff being separated from the wheat. There are absolutely some rock solid hardcore Clan players and they're still there, fighting and winning and hopefully adjusting and improving. Just a lot of them were only in it when they were winning.

Davion is filling 12-24 in every active queue on its border tonight. We've been losing 1-2 worlds a day, every day, and are still showing up, now we're stopping some losses and taking some worlds. Some people only want to play when they're going to win all the time.

Not trying to insult people but the whole stink raised over this is just.... absurd. CW can be hard sometimes. Sometimes you lose, and lose for days or weeks. Some groups and factions already have. FRR took a beating for a month. Clanners stop winning every day for a few days and they just quit and walk away.

funny you should mention that as i recall not even back in sept people were complaining that clans were pay to win and now that the IS quirks are coming in everyone is complaining yet again

#12 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:20 PM

Feel free to post a video showing this nonsense. The 9s flat out out out DPS's anything. I'm not talking burst I'm talking if you had 2 mechs sitting still and unloading on eachother the 9s would be just amazing, the 2 cERPPC+Gauss DW will overheat even.

What xCL advantage are you talking about, Lets talk the warhawk and losing the right torso. Clan also relies heavily on energy builds, except the energy weapons are very hot, and there's not a lot of duck and cover, cool off, peek shoot, cover. Clans sustained DPS isn't all that amazing, toss on sulphur as well and it's an uh oh moment.

Current trend is for IS to jump the gates on Sulphur with Light mechs and destroy all generators, this works amazingly well because most clan mechs will overheat before being able to drop them. A lot more STD engine lights have started appearing for this reason I noticed. It has happened enough that I called it happening to an 8 man group, who lost despite coms and teamwork.

I have a feeling a lot of the issues as well are related to clan light mechs being garbage, if we had some speed and could at least rush and cripple a few it may have evened things up.

Edited by shad0w4life, 09 January 2015 - 10:23 PM.

#13 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

View PostDan the Ice Man, on 09 January 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

doesn't the awesome have something very similar for quirks?

Yes, and it's also a very often used build in CW, the T-Bolt wins out in popularity for 2 reasons. First it's faster, second PGI had a contest last year where everyone who won 5 matches got a free T-Bolt 9S, so it's a mech a lot of people already have.

I think at least some of the dropoff for the Clans has been caused by units like mine who take 2 week contracts, and switch between Clan and IS so they have a chance to use all of their mechs.

Edited by Tywren, 09 January 2015 - 10:33 PM.

#14 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:31 PM

You realize that the Thunderbolt 9S simply is able to trade with the range of the Clan mechs in general, and still requires a slow projectile to hit vs the direct fire energy weapons of the clans? It's also still a clunky mech that's easy to remove the torsos on, and runs hot on the sulfur map. Heck, the clans can get nearly the same firepower on a Kit Fox or Added.

Meanwhile there are multiple builds with as much if not more power in the Clan arsenal, many with much more flexable loadouts.

Is the 9S a little over the top? Sure. Is it broken so much as to imbalance CW? Hardly.

#15 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 09 January 2015 - 10:20 PM, said:

Feel free to post a video showing this nonsense. The 9s flat out out out DPS's anything. I'm not talking burst I'm talking if you had 2 mechs sitting still and unloading on eachother the 9s would be just amazing, the 2 cERPPC+Gauss DW will overheat even.

What xCL advantage are you talking about, Lets talk the warhawk and losing the right torso. Clan also relies heavily on energy builds, except the energy weapons are very hot, and there's not a lot of duck and cover, cool off, peek shoot, cover. Clans sustained DPS isn't all that amazing, toss on sulphur as well and it's an uh oh moment.

Current trend is for IS to jump the gates on Sulphur with Light mechs and destroy all generators, this works amazingly well because most clan mechs will overheat before being able to drop them. A lot more STD engine lights have started appearing for this reason I noticed. It has happened enough that I called it happening to an 8 man group, who lost despite coms and teamwork.

I have a feeling a lot of the issues as well are related to clan light mechs being garbage, if we had some speed and could at least rush and cripple a few it may have evened things up.

I think that my 6 C-UAC5 DW could win that slugfest, but only because it will never shut down. I've taken it on Tera Therma, and alpha struck a Timber Wolf to death while standing in a lava flow, and only managed to push it to about 35% heat.

#16 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

View PostBront, on 09 January 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

You realize that the Thunderbolt 9S simply is able to trade with the range of the Clan mechs in general, and still requires a slow projectile to hit vs the direct fire energy weapons of the clans? It's also still a clunky mech that's easy to remove the torsos on, and runs hot on the sulfur map. Heck, the clans can get nearly the same firepower on a Kit Fox or Added.

Meanwhile there are multiple builds with as much if not more power in the Clan arsenal, many with much more flexable loadouts.

Is the 9S a little over the top? Sure. Is it broken so much as to imbalance CW? Hardly.

Every question u asked is mostly repplyed in the http://mwomercs.com/...g-bad-gameplay/ - Thread, i think we don't need to roll it up here again. And the issue clans have with it are pretty much told by shad0w4life in post #12 - clans can't brawl as good as is mechs when getting to hot - high firepower does not fix it, since you get shot while you are overheated. Anyhow the border question isn't related to this thing it is just related to the populations.

View PostTywren, on 09 January 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

I think that my 6 C-UAC5 DW could win that slugfest, but only because it will never shut down. I've taken it on Tera Therma, and alpha struck a Timber Wolf to death while standing in a lava flow, and only managed to push it to about 35% heat.

even the best uac 5 dire runs out of ammo ;) And since you can't bring 2 into battle (tonnage limit no 20t mechs available on clan side) you are unlikely to bring down 3 waves of tdrs with it. Also DWFs are a bit slow to close the distance.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 09 January 2015 - 10:47 PM.

#17 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:45 PM

View PostTywren, on 09 January 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

Would you pick it to trade shots with a 9s @ 1000M?

#18 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

amen to this. It's a problem quite afew members are having that it's just this over and over again and has already got old

#19 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:47 PM

The clans no longer have the range advantage, so they should move to brawling? Yeah, overheating while getting shot with PPD IS ac/20s sounds super fun.

#20 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 09 January 2015 - 10:20 PM, said:

So come play one. Seriously. Make an alt account, load one up and wrack up the free wins!

Then we can all laugh at you when you get brawled down or your RT blown out or just run past.

So the same reason that the Dire Wolf doesn't absolutely dominate the meta neither does the TDR 9S. Only the high end comp teams use them in huge packs because unless you're all calling precise focus fire on single targets it's not better than a more mixed drop deck. At most people carry 1. That's it. It's great for defending Boreal against people at the long range poke. It's moderate against heavy and light rushes.

'It out-DPS every other mech'. Really. That's just... silly. Really? DPS with the 25% cooldown quirk is 9.38. Max sustainable DPS is about 3 - which means you're shooting too slow for it to be useful. Unless you are shooting a still target who's waiting to die it's useless.

I don't know how else to explain this. It's like someone saying that they get killed by LRMs every single match and thus LRMs are totally broken.

Everyone else has worked out dealing with the TDR 9S. Your problem is the TDR 9S being used by top tier comp teams.

They do the same thing with ERLLs, just without quite as much symmetry.

I don't care if it gets debuffed. I don't like the PPC meta anyway, never have.

All I ask is that if it gets debuffed and the comp teams move to something else and faceroll you exactly the same that you come here and make a big post about how you just aren't any good at this game and clearly everyone else who plays IS in CW is clearly better, because bluntly we all dealt just fine with the 9S for 5 weeks prior to this and don't even consider it an issue and it was clearly too much for Clanners to deal with.

Which you won't, I know that. Still though.... that's what's happening. Not you being bad; no idea if you're good or bad or whatever. The 9S though, we beat them every day. So much so that nobody even bothers to bring the wall of 9S anymore. We have a term for it but it's not forum appropriate. It's old meta. Nice to have a few for defending Boreal but otherwise it's not meta unless you're a comp 12man.

The funny bit is that overall the TW is a better mech. You won't find anyone who wouldn't trade out their TDR for a TW and clan gear. yet it's this source of terrible rage for some people, all while everyone who's been playing IS for a while and has been dealing with it already considers it 'meh, whatever. Not the worst thing out there'.

CLEARLY WE JUST DO NOT SEE THE TRUE POWER OF THAT FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL TDR-9S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users